All Comments on 'Educating Nathan'

by Turbidus

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Unexpectedly sweet. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
wow

Loved the gentleness and affection.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

“128-bit encrypted USB 3 drive. No copies on the hard drive, even on my laptop that no one else uses and absolutely nothing in the cloud."

If we are really serious here we use a virtual machine with networking disabled, so when the computer gets hacked with a screen logger, the Screenshot can not escape the computer

As far as I know, USB3 means it is fast, but has no significant security improvements from USB2. But, less lag for your porno.

Its always easier to break the people through torture and drugs than to break the best cryptography. I assume no one has the incentive to physically attack.

In most cases, you don’t get exposed by hackers, rather the ones you trust. If it gets out, it won’t be an black hat hacker, rather one of the two got drunk and showed it to a friend.

No copies in the cloud is wise and valid. No remote desktop conectuions should be made. Not backups of the usb should me made.

To earn more nerd cred, is the algorithm post quantum cryptography? Granted, when quantum becomes common enough that a nongoverment unfunded hacker has acess to it, the stories charecters will have aged alot.

———————-

“"Did you send him the video?" "I sure did.””

It is now compromied to more people, the people can send it to more people. Was it sent throguh email, if so did it go throguh a company that does cloud computing. You can delete your capacity to acess files from the cloud, but not their acess to the file in the cloud.

If it was sent in PGP encrypted email, was it affecte

by the eFail vulnerability, CVE-2017-17688?

Sending data to peope with even worse data practice pretty much undos all the security you did previously. Its on other peoples computers and on other peoples clouds.

———

Awesome story that I will get off to follwoing the sending of my nerd dissertation.

TurbidusTurbidusalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Yikes

Thanks, anonymous. I'm clearly not a techie, or not enough of one to get all the details correct.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
One of the best.

This was one of the best stories I have read. Quit.,loving, caring. Took a different take on this style of story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous