Effy And The Descending Darkness Ch. 03

Story Info
A tentacled lust demon pleasures Effy and Isha.
6.3k words
4.33
7.6k
9

Part 3 of the 13 part series

Updated 08/07/2023
Created 02/08/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bumonk
bumonk
706 Followers

CHAPTER 3 - The Barn Yearns.

"Well this should be interesting," Effy said to Isha, as they left Salanzer's office. Effy had the file for the next mission in her hand.

"Sounds like it might be a wild goose chase to me, " Isha replied. "Good to get our first mission out of the way though, and get straight onto another. Let's go find Gavin."

Isha and Effy headed through the corridors of The Hunters Guild headquarters. They were in full Hunter/Searcher gear. Effy in her Hunters red cloak, her dark red leather shorts, and same colour and material cropped top. Her thigh length red leather boots clopping on the hard floor. Isha was in a dark blue leather catsuit. Tight trousers and long sleeve top. Her v neck top showing an impressive cleavage.

They got directions for the Techno-mage department and headed that way. They found Gavin in his office. They could see him through the window in his workshop. They knocked and he waved them in. When he saw them a big smile formed on his face.

"I knew you two would be awesome," he said. "What a look! It's about time we had a cool looking team around here."

"Thanks," Effy said, smiling. She didn't mind the look he had given them both, it was more impressed nerdiness than sexual ogling.

"Well done on your first mission," Gavin said. "Always good to make it through the first one alive."

"Yeah, we were pleased too," Effy said sarcastically.

"I imagine," Gavin said, completely missing the sarcasm as he stood up. "I've been busy with some items for you. Got some other bits too, which will help you, and drag this place out of the dark ages." He looked at the file in Isha's hand. "Sorcerer's are so against technology."

"I was surprised by the paper file," Isha said. "Feels proper detective like though."

"Very dark ages," Gavin said. "Here you go." He handed them both an ipad. "Whenever they do these archaic files, we make them put it all on our server. It's all preloaded, follow the instructions and you can get everything on there." Gavin also went on to give them an earpiece and watch each, so they could talk to each other discreetly whilst on a mission.

"That's better," Isha said. "Thanks Gavin."

"That's not the best bit," he said. "Look what I designed for you both. I hope you don't mind but I read your files, I saw where your strengths were." He looked at them both and they shrugged, they weren't bothered. There was nothing in them they had to hide. Gavin brought out a hard black case and he opened it up.

Inside was a foot long wooden staff and two, what looked like, knife handles. They looked pretty harmless.

"Okay. Isha first," Gavin said.

"Not fair," Effy mumbled. Isha stuck her tongue out at her. Gavin was oblivious to the interaction, he was staring doe eyed at his creation. He picked up the foot long stick.

"Now, for you my Indian Princess, is this," Gavin said. Isha smiled at the compliment. Effy gave her a raised eyebrow look. He handed her the staff, Isha took it and examined it.

"Nice stick," Effy said. She was being sarcastic, but it was actually beautiful. The dark mahogany wood shone and had an intricate design carved around the middle.

"A staff!" Gavin said. This time catching Effy's sarcasm and giving her a look. "Not just any old staff. Send a trickle of magic into it." He looked so eager he looked ready to pop.

Isha sent magical energy through the staff and the carvings glowed blue. The staff extended to about 5 foot. Isha studied it and started spinning it. She had played around with a baton when she was younger, and had excelled at using a staff during combat lessons. As it spun it formed a blue circle in the air. She stopped.

"The staff itself is practically indestructible and causes quite a wallop if you hit anyone, or something," Gavin said. "That was a shield it formed when you spun it, completely impermeable. It can be any length you want." As if to prove this Isha used her magic to alter its length.

"Also," Gavin continued. "The best bit. Point it at that desk and send your magic through it."

Isha did. A large blast fired from the end. Effy jumped as the desk exploded, temporarily deafening all of them. Gavin was laughing and saying something, but Effy and Isha couldn't hear for a bit. Isha played with the staff until her hearing returned, whilst Gavin and Effy repaired the desk.

"Thank you Gavin," Isha said. "It's amazing."

"My pleasure," Gavin said. "It's attuned to you now, it'll only work for you, and you might find you learn new stuff from each other. Now for my Crimson Avenger." Gavin looked at Effy, and she heard Isha make a strange noise as she held in laughter.

"Crimson Avenger?" Effy mumbled, and Gavin pretended not to hear her as he picked up the two handles. He passed them to Effy.

"Use your magic through them," Gavin instructed.

Effy did and gasped as a blade appeared out of each one. The blades were pure blue light, they shimmered, like a laser or hologram. The shape was phenomenal, not just a blade, it was curved and sculptured out of light. Effy had excelled at knife handling in close combat situations. Long range she had her magic, and that was incredibly effective, at short range it was handy to have something quicker, and these were perfect.

"They'll slice through anything," Gavin said. "Like a mini lightsaber, from star wars." He said it like they would have never heard of a lightsaber before. "But the real impressive part is that it won't harm you. Again, it's attuned to you so if you tried to cut or stab yourself you couldn't, it'll go right through you. Try it."

"Yeah right," Effy said.

"Honestly," Gavin said. "Try it. Try the desk first."

"Poor desk," Effy said, stepping forward. She ran the glowing blade through the desk, slicing it in half, a hot knife through butter sprang to her mind. An old saying her parents used to say. "Wow."

"Now on yourself," Gavin said. "Please trust me."

Effy gingerly put the knife tip very slowly into her bare upper leg, ever so slightly. No pain. No blood, she pushed further until the blade came out the other side of her thin leg.

"That's just too weird," Isha said.

"I know right!" Gavin said. "Watch this." He grabbed a metal pen and pushed it against the blade, it sliced cleanly in half.

"Eeeeewww, gross," Effy said. Isha wretched. The sight of the blade through her leg and the pen cutting was too much. Effy pulled the blade carefully out of her leg. "I don't think I'll do that too often, but at least I won't cut something off by accident. Thank you Gavin, these are amazing."

"They really are," Isha added. Gavin handed them belts to hold them around their waists. Effy's looked like Wild West six shooters, Isha's shortened staff hung on her hip.

Gavin beamed. "Amazing weapons for amazing sorcerers," he said. "Just don't die on me, we're losing way too many at the moment."

"We'll try not to," Effy said. "Can't promise anything, but these should help. Thank you Gavin."

"Yeah, thank you," Isha said. "We'll have to all go out for a drink soon."

"Definitely," Gavin replied. "Good luck with your next mission." They all said goodbye and Effy and Isha headed out of the lab. When they got outside Isha was grinning

"You can wipe that smile off your face Indian Princess!" Effy said. Isha started laughing.

"Calm down Crimson Avenger," Isha replied, trying to hold back more laughter unsuccessfully. Effy scowled.

"Yours is a beautiful nickname, very fitting," Effy said. "Mine sounds like pain relief for period pains." Isha snorted with laughter, unable to control herself.

"Oh a very fitting sound for a Princess," Effy said, now smiling too. "If you don't watch it I'll go tell him how you're really from Bristol!"

"Stop.........it," Isha gasped, tears leaking from her eyes. "Can't..........breathe." She continued laughing.

Effy stood smiling at her, even laughing like an idiot she thought she was beautiful.

"Come on," Effy said. "Let's get home for a bit. Sure we get some recreation before we have to set off."

After lunch, and after a short lustful fumble in the kitchen, they headed off. They had a bit of a journey and then had to meet someone, before they could take care of their second mission.

They had a lead on the Sun Nymph. Another Nymph had some information, one that was willing to help under certain conditions. They were meeting her near a river on the local moors.

They arrived with plenty of time and got straight to work trying to find the Nymph.

"I'm guessing she's a Naiad," Isha said.

"Probably," Effy agreed. If she lived by water it was most likely she was a water Nymph. Naiad's were the protectors of river systems and other water habitats. Dryads were the Nymphs of the woods and trees.

"Remember they don't like being called fairies," Isha said. "I can't wait to see one, they're all supposed to be beautiful."

"I was waiting for you to mention that," Effy said. "It's like your dream race."

Isha laughed. Effy was getting at the fact that all Nymphs were female. There was no such thing as a male Nymph. They were born from the earth. Mother Earth herself giving life to them all. Apart from one, the elusive Sun Nymph they had to find.

Sun Nymphs were obviously born from our star. Many legends were told in the sorcery world about Sun Nymphs and their accomplishments, but these were old stories. A Sun Nymph, if they existed at all, hadn't been around for hundreds of years.

To say Isha was excited was an understatement. The stories read to her by her father flashed through her mind, Sun Nymphs had been especially popular in Indian sorcery folklore. She remembered dressing up as a Sun Nymph and playing in her garden when she was little, battling evil demons and saving the planet.

"Don't get your hopes up too much," Effy added, seeing Isha daydream. "She might not exist, you know what these prophecies are like. Or she might not live up to expectations, the old stories tend to get exaggerated."

"I know," Isha said. "but what if she is real? How amazing would that be."

"Pretty amazing," Effy said.

They parked up in a secluded car park and jumped out. They turned their clothes into their Hunters Guild ensemble and set off into thick woods. They followed Google maps on their new tablets until they arrived at the pin Gavin had set for them. They had arrived at a clearing by the river, where the Naiad normally lived. They looked around.

"HELLO!" Effy shouted. "ANY NYMPHS AROUND."

"Very subtle," Isha laughed.

"Hello," a tiny voice called back. Effy and Isha both jumped. They looked up at a branch above them. There on a thin branch was one of the prettiest things they had ever seen.

A young woman the height of an apple sat with her legs dangling over the edge. She had a beautiful pair of wings, almost transparent, with a rainbow shimmering through them. She was slender and perfectly proportioned, her short green hair shined in the sunlight, a pair of pointy ears sticking through the strands. She was wearing very little. A short blue satin skirt and blue strapless boob tube. On her feet were a pair of blue sandals.

"Hi," said Effy. Isha was too dumbstruck. "I'm Effy, and the one with her mouth open is Isha."

"Hi," Isha managed, squeakily.

The Nymph giggled. "Nice to meet you Effy and Isha," the Nymph said. "I'm Laylan. You're both very pretty."

"Thank you," Effy said. "Coming from you that's quite a compliment." Laylan giggled again.

"How is your river?" Isha said, finally managing to speak.

"Not as good as I would like," Laylan replied. "Humans are hard work these days. More are realising what they're doing to the planet, but still too many don't care." A sad look crossed the Naiad's face."

"We're sorry," Isha said. "If ever we can help?"

"Oh no," Laylan said. "We'll cope. You have other things to worry about."

"About that," Effy said. "Apparently you have some information on the whereabouts of a nymph we're looking for?"

"Maybe," she replied. "It depends. What are you going to do with her when you catch up with her?"

"We just want to talk to her," Effy said. "And protect her if we need to."

Laylan laughed. This time it wasn't a cute giggle, it was laced with cynicism. "Do all your kind want the same?" she said. By their kind she meant Hunters, Effy knew full well what she meant.

"I can't speak for them," Effy said. "but I promise you I'll do everything in my power to protect her, so will Isha." Isha nodded.

Laylan smiled. "And I hear that's some power too," she said. "I believe you. This is why I wanted to talk to you two and no one else. Your youth and innocence hasn't been tainted by the Guild yet."

"What do you mean?" Isha asked. "And what have you heard about us?"

"Some say the Guild has lost its way," Laylan said. "Following the Protection of Secrecy Departments every order. No magical creature feels safe anymore, if it poses a threat the department doesn't hesitate in how it deals with it. And as for you two, word travels fast in the magical world, especially when there's two young new Guild recruits. Everyone's hoping you'll provide a fresh new beginning for the Guild, at least solve some of it's problems."

"More pressure," Effy said.

"Sorry," Laylan said.

"What can you tell us about this Sun Nymph then?" Effy said, keen to change the subject. She'd had enough of everyone telling her what was going on, first Salanzer and now the Nymph. She decided she wanted to see for herself and make her own mind up.

Also, it was the look on Isha's face, she was taking all these warnings hard, traitors at HQ, and now this. This so-called calling for Effy had come out of the blue, she had never thought of becoming a Hunter, thought it was for only experienced sorcerers and never really considered it until she was offered the position. For Isha though, she had dreamed of becoming a Searcher for most of her life, this was the dream job she had wanted, and so far she had only heard bad things about it.

"Ah yes," Laylan said. "I will tell you, and hope I trust your word to protect her, though I feel she might not need it. The Nymph you seek is one tough cookie, or so I have heard. Before I start I need to explain how I found out, and I am a little bit ashamed. I didn't mean to be nosey, I was just cleaning. You see I was an assistant to one of the Nymph elders for a while, not long ago. Folell she is called. Folell was always looking into something secret, but she would never say what. She would often study late at night and into the early morning, sometimes to the point where she would fall asleep at her desk."

Laylan paused, she blushed a little. "I didn't mean to look," she said. "I came in one morning and Folell was asleep at her desk. I went over to wake her and caught a glimpse of the open book, the picture of a Nymph bathed in sunlight. It was a chapter about Sun Nymphs. Folell had been scribbling on a piece of paper, doodles about Sun Nymphs and question marks. One name as well, in bold and circled. It said 'Espin'. The name of a Nymph from our village."

Isha tilted her head at the name, sure she recognised it. It wasn't exactly a common name, so why did it seem familiar. She kept quiet.

"Espin is quite well known in our village," Laylan continued. "She's..........how shall I put this, a bit of a trouble maker. I'm not nosey, I promise, but this is what I've learnt since I saw the notes. She was banished from the village years ago for apparently brainwashing the Princess, and has since been bothering humans."

Isha took in a deep breath, neither Effy, nor the Nymph noticed. She had remembered.

"But it all made sense once I had read Folell's note," Laylan continued still. "Espin wasn't given life like the rest of us. The elders believed she was born from the earth, and therefore the underworld. To say she was treated badly as she grew up would be an understatement. But it doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to think that she might have been born from the sun, appearing on the rock. If the elders had believed this, her life would have been very different." Laylan paused, lost in thought. How they would have celebrated her.

"Why did they assume she was from the underworld?" Effy said.

"They treated her okay at first," Laylan said. "She was a baby. And a beautiful one at that. As she got older she got more beautiful but her personality came out, she was fiery and outspoken, and everyone started saying that she was from the underworld, destined to be evil. The more they taunted her the worse she got, but she still stayed, still fought hard to fit in. Folell helped her. Then the incident happened with the Princess and she was banished. Since then she's been out in the world causing trouble. It'll be hard to track her down. "

"Great," Effy said. "Any ideas where to start?"

"Try the village," Laylan said. "The only person she was close to was Folell. Speak to her and she might be able to contact you for her."

"Thank you," Effy said. "Oh. This Espin. What mischief has she been getting up to?"

"It's okay," Isha said. "I know." Effy looked at her puzzled. "I'll explain in the car."

"Oh goodie," Laylan said. "Because I didn't want to say. It's very naughty."

"Sounds interesting," Effy mumbled. Then she spoke clearer. "Thank you Laylan. You've been very helpful. We'll keep our promise to you." Effy just hoped the Guild would let her keep that promise.

"It's been a pleasure to meet you Laylan," Isha added.

"Good luck to you both," Laylan said. "The prettiest Hunters I've ever met. She giggled. "Goodbye." The Nymph flew up into the trees. Isha and Effy walked back to the car.

"How do you know this Espin?" Effy said.

"Don't you ever read any Guild reports?" Isha asked.

"That's what you're for," Effy said. "And the fun extras." She squeezed Isha's pert bottom, through Isha's tight leather trousers.

"Glad I'm valued," Isha said. She stopped Effy and kissed her deeply. She had to prise herself away. "It appears our Sun Nymph is one our most wanted."

"You're joking!" Effy said.

"I wish I was," Isha said. Effy held her hand as they walked. She was aware of the bad news that Isha kept hearing.

"For what?" Effy asked.

"She's not high on the list," Isha said. "But she's there. I noticed because she was a Nymph, thought it strange, as they're supposed to be so sweet. It appears that since she got banished she's been causing problems for normals. The Techno-mage office keeps an eye out for keywords on the Internet and social media. It appears there's a few threads about a fairy type creature granting wishes, of the sexual variety." Effy raised her eyebrows.

"No one in the normal world takes the stories seriously," Isha continued. "They think the people are crazy, and no one has connected the ones that are on there, but there's enough to raise a red flag. After talking to the Nymph elders it appears that it is this Espin. She's using her magic to cause trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" Effy asked.

"She says she grants them wishes," Isha said. "Fulfilling there deepest fantasies, but she always put a mischievous spin on it, leaving her victims a little bit annoyed."

"She sounds pretty awesome to me," Effy said. Isha gave her a harsh look.

"Not if it's against their will," she said.

"No. That's not right," Effy said. Chastised.

"I'll show you the file later," Isha said. "Let's go sort out our next problem." They headed back to the car, staying in their Guild clothes.

Their next mission was luckily nearby. A sorcerer had called in with 'some strange going ons' as she put it. They headed to the pin on their Google maps. It wasn't long before they came to a secluded cottage on the edge of the moors.

Isha and Effy jumped out and headed towards the cottage.

"This is lovely," Isha said. "I'd like to live somewhere like this. With you of course."

bumonk
bumonk
706 Followers
12