Eighty One - Laura's Story Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Quite right too." Abbie reached for her notepad. "Anyway what have we got today?" she said to herself, flicking over the pages and studying the contents. "Ah, yes. This morning at eleven you're seeing the bloke who makes the necklaces."

"As you well know, 'the bloke who makes the necklaces' has a chain of high class jewellers across the home counties, specializing in diamond rings."

"I know, see if you can get some free samples while you're there. Then you're free of appointments for the rest of the day. Which means you can join us lot for lunch at Junio's then spend the afternoon in here pretending to be busy while we all work hard at making you a fortune. Anything else Ma'am?"

"No, that sounds like a good plan. Now clear off."

The shrill ring of her mobile phone broke Laura's concentration. "Hello, Robert" she answered in a loud whisper, "I told you not to call me at work, it's too risky, Andrew will find out. And before you ask again, no I'm not going to let you and your mates use me for another gang-bang this week. I'm still sore from last time."

"Oh highly jocular." Andrew sniggered. "How did your meeting go?"

"Very well I think. They were very positive, asked for some outline proposals. I was just looking at some ideas when you rang."

"Great. Have you had lunch? You need to keep your strength up for Robert and his mates."

"We went to Junio's, it was good. Anyway, to what do I owe the pleasure of a call. I thought you had to see somebody this afternoon."

"I do, I'm just about to leave. Graham Weston sent me the proposal for the chess game this morning."

"Oh good, and is it as he said, straight forward?"

"Pretty much so. He's just formalised it in the form of a contract to be signed. It basically says that he and I will play chess, you will return all his pieces and if I win he'll sell us his share of the business."

"Does he think we're going to walk off with his valuable antique chess set or something?"

"Perhaps he noticed you look dodgy, I've told you that before. His big issue is that there's to be no resigning."

"He did seem to have a bee in his bonnet about that. Is that a problem?"

"No. If he turns out to be too good and gets me into a position where I know I can't win then I'll just play it out instead of resigning."

"Perhaps he gets a kick out of overcoming the enemy and doesn't want to be denied the kill." Laura speculated.

"Probably. You don't run something like the Oakham group without being ruthless. What he's put in his contract is that we sign a separate agreement to sell our share of the business to him."

"What!" Laura couldn't believe it, or that Andrew was so calm about it.

"Don't worry. It will be held by an independent third party and returned to us when the game is finished, whoever wins. As long as we finish the game we get it back. Simple."

"Are you sure there's no catch?"

"I'm sure, don't worry. The reason for phoning now is to see if you're free this afternoon to go over there and sign the papers, then we can start the game."

"I can leave this for now. Where is it?"

"Bayswater. Can you be there at five?"

"I don't see why not. Send me the address. Are you sure it's all OK?"

"I'm sure, stop worrying. Just sign the sheet and we can start. The sooner we do the sooner you'll be the one and only big boss there."

"That sounds good doesn't it. Send me that address. And do you want me to go a bit earlier? I could call in at the library and get you some books on chess for beginners."

"Very funny. I'll see you later."

12