Either Side of the Call

Story Info
Can a couple make up after he overhears her cheating?
6.9k words
3.06
8.5k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ba4ls
ba4ls
16 Followers

Author note: While this story isn't intended to fall into the non-con category, there are some elements of reluctance which may not work for everyone. If you or someone you know is struggling with a sexual assault, please know help is available. The National Sexual Assault Hotline is: 1-800-656-4673. I hope you enjoy this story exploring different angles of love and desire.

--

"I'm so, so sorry," Jennifer sounded like she had been crying for hours as Cameron answered the phone. "I messed up."

"Hey, hey, it's okay. What happened?" Cameron was worried, he hadn't heard her like this in the three years they'd been together.

"This party... it got out of hand, and I hadn't seen him since high school." Jennifer slurred her words, clearly drunk. "I hooked up with him, I'm so sorry Cam."

"What do you mean hooked up? Where are you, do you need me to come get you? Jennifer? Jennifer?"

"No, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Cam. I love you. I have to go."

The phone beeped to let him know the line was disconnected. He was too stunned to know what to do next. She told him earlier in the evening she was meeting some old friends for drinks in a college town about an hour away. Cam had no idea where she was or even who she was with. He tried redialing Jennifer's number, but there was no answer.

After about an hour, Cam went for a walk around campus. After about 20 minutes of walking, he knew there wasn't anything else he could do that night and turned for home. His heart pounded in his chest, his stomach in knots. As he rounded a corner into the parking lot of his apartment, he felt his phone buzzing again, it was Jennifer, he answered it as quickly as he could.

"Hello, Jennifer?" Cam asked in desperation.

Through the phone, Cam could hear the muffled sounds of a party, but Jennifer didn't answer. There was a rustling and the sounds of the party fell even more into the background.

"Jennifer," Cam called again. Still no answer. He figured it was a butt dial. Maybe she'd gone to the bathroom and dialed accidentally, that would certainly explain how far away the party sounded.

Cam was just about to hang up and try calling her again when he thought he heard a new noise, what he thought was a soft sigh. Finally, he heard Jennifer's voice again.

"I don't know. I messed up. I'm a terrible girlfriend," she said, her voice was soft, distant.

"Jennifer, it's okay, we can figure something out, just let me come get you," Cam replied, but Jennifer didn't answer. The line stayed quiet for a long time.

"I'm a terrible girlfriend," Jennifer said again.

Before Cam could try to get her attention again, he heard a new voice on the line, it was a male voice, deep, but quiet.

"Well, we've already gone this far, what else can you do tonight, forget about it," the new voice said.

The line went quiet again, for almost a minute Cam listened to the faraway sounds of people drinking in another room. He thought he could make out whispers, but it was impossible to tell who was speaking or what they were saying. His eyes welled up. He again considered hanging up and trying to call back.

"Mmmmmm," it was clearly Jennifer again, another sigh, almost a soft moan. "Alex... I should.... Mmmm."

Cam wasn't sure what he was hearing, but he knew what it sounded like. He should hang up, he thought, there was nothing he could do now, and listening to this wasn't going to help anything. He couldn't bring himself to hit the button. He kept listening.

There was new rustling, loud enough that the sounds from the party in the background almost completely faded away.

"Mmmmmm," Jennifer moaned. "That's not fair. Ahhhh, stop, that's too, that feels too good to stooooopppp. Ohhh yes."

"Please Jennifer, don't," Cam said desperately into the phone, knowing she couldn't hear him.

"There, yes, ohhhhh god," he heard Jennifer squeal in pleasure then laugh, that beautiful ringing laugh that Cam always imagined was just for him. "You're good at this, yesss mmmmmm oh, ohhhhh ohhhhhhh."

More rustling. Cam could only imagine them on the bed, a faceless man with his head between his girlfriend's legs, her squirming into the bed the way she did when he hit her clit just right, grabbing at anything she could get her hands on, his hair, the sheets, the headboard.

"Yes. Alex, yesssss mmmmmmmmmmm, ohhhh god yesssssssssss," Jennifer was loud, but clearly trying to muffle herself in front of the party. She squealed again, "okay, that's enough. That's enough. We shouldn't."

The deep voice mumbled something that Cam couldn't make out. He could hear Jennifer breathing heavily. She giggled again.

"That's too much, mmmmmm oh-- okay. Mmmmm, ah, careful," Jennifer inhaled sharply, "Ohhhhhhh, mmmmmmmmmm ohh ohh ohhhhh."

Cam could hear squeaking now, rhythmic, obvious. His girlfriend, the girl he always thought of as "the one" was fucking another guy. Tears rolled down his face, but he couldn't stop listening.

"Ohh, uh, uh, ohhhhhh yes, yeah, mmm yes yes yes oohhhhhhhh Alex, oh, oh oh oh uhhh mmmmmmmmmmm," Jennifer moaned as the squeaking intensified. "Hang on let me move, yeah, ohhh yeah, that's amazing, yess yesssss yesssssss."

Cam could hear Alex's deep grunts mixing in with Jennifer now.

"Ohh yes, oh yes, ohhh ohhhhh ohhh. Oh? Yesss okay, yess, not inside, please, I said, don't not insiiiide ohh ohhh yes yes yesssssssss I told you not! Ohhhh god. It's okay, don't stop ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god. Yes!"

The squeaking subsided and Cam could just hear labored breathing through the phone, broken only by murmurs that he couldn't make out. After another few minutes the line abruptly went dead. Cam tried to call Jennifer back, but the call went straight to voicemail. Either Jennifer turned the phone off, or the battery died.

Cam wept. He tried to sleep. He drank a beer. He drank a scotch. He tried to sleep again. Nothing helped, he couldn't stop his heart from beating out of his chest. Around 3 am he pulled up his favorite porn site in bed and started rubbing himself. After he finished, he cried until he finally fell asleep.

--

Eight hours earlier Jennifer called Cam from the party. She was getting ready to go out with her best girl friends from home, and she was very excited. There was only one semester left in her college career, after that who knew where she, or her friends for that matter, would be? Plus, the three of them attended different schools, within an hour of each other, but far enough away that they didn't get to see each other often enough. Tonight was a night to celebrate.

As she put the finishing touches on her lip gloss and pulled a short green dress over her head, she heard her phone buzz. It was a text from Cam: "Have fun tonight, I love you. Jimmy and I are just going to grab beers during the bball game. See you in the morning!"

Cam. Jennifer was sure that she loved him, and while they weren't talking about marriage yet, she wouldn't be surprised if he at least asked her to move in with him once they tossed their caps. If he did, she'd say yes. He was the perfect guy, attractive, smart, and for once not an asshole. She texted him back, "I love you too, you have fun! I'll miss you tonight, but I'll have something special for you in the morning."

She almost followed up with the purple devil emoji, but stopped herself. She bit her lower lip in thought, then deleted the emoji and pulled up the camera instead. There was a full length mirror in the room and she arranged herself in front of it, pulling up her dress so it looked like she was just pulling it on, her flat stomach and the black lace of her panties clearly visible. She snapped the picture and hit send. It took Cam no time to send back heart eyes and drooling emojis. She smiled then walked into the living room to start the evening with her friends.

--

A nice, local sushi restaurant for dinner. Drinks at the bar. Gossip and wine back at the apartment afterward. That was the plan for the evening. Dinner was fantastic, with the girls catching up. Carrie was seeing a new guy and thinking about med school. Kim still didn't know what the hell she was going to do with her life, but she figured she'd try out as many guys at State as she could before she decided.

They laughed and drank and hit the bars exactly as planned. They were all staying with Kim, who seemed to know everyone at the dive they went to next. They all got a laugh out of the guys buying Kim drinks, especially once his friends started sending drinks their way as well. The DJ was killing it and they spent an hour losing their minds on the dancefloor.

The group leaned in a sweaty heap at the corner of the bar, fresh gin and tonics dropping in front of them. They were all pretty drunk and silly, especially Kim who kept making out with guys on the dancefloor then sending them away. Kim rolled her eyes and excused herself to the bathroom while Jennifer and Carrie gushed over how lucky they'd gotten with the men in their life.

"You won't BELIEVE who is here," Kim squealed as she came back to the bar.

"Who?" Carrie and Jennifer said in unison.

"Alex! Alex and Justin and Charlie, and even Dave! Apparently there's a party at Lincoln's frat tonight, they're pregaming here since the guys are in town. I got the address if you want to go, they were headed out the door."

Jennifer's smile faded. Alex had been her high school crush. He had always been kind of a jerk, but he was very attractive. A forward for the basketball team, he'd been good but not good enough to play in college. That didn't stop him from having a big head, or from being a giant flirt. Jennifer liked their playful back and forths back then, even if it never even led to a date. She hadn't seen him since she started college.

"Yeah let's go," Carrie said. Carrie dated Justin in high school, but Jennifer knew it was Dave she wanted to see. They were neighbors and friends since they were little, and even though everyone grew apart in college, Jennifer knew Carrie wouldn't pass up an opportunity to hang out with all her best friends in one night. "I can't believe that little prick didn't tell me he was here."

"Well, did he even know you'd be in town?" Kim asked.

"That's not the point, is it?" Carrie grinned, throwing back her gin as Kim ordered a ride.

--

By the time they made it to the frat party they were very drunk. Carrie tripped over the threshold, but Jennifer caught her.

"You son of a BITCH," Carrie yelled. She'd found Dave. "Get me a drink and let's light this place up!" Drunk Carrie was fun Carrie. Kim looked around the house like she was at the buffet. Jennifer shook her head as she walked away.

"I see some things never change," Alex's deep voice came from behind her, "but at least I'm here to rescue you."

Jennifer rolled her eyes as she turned to face him. He was as attractive as ever, fit and tan, sporting a beard he didn't have the last time she saw him. It worked for him.

"I'm pretty sure you're usually the one girls like me get saved from," she said, smiling. She stepped forward and gave him a hug. "It is nice to see you."

"It's nice to see you too Jenny, let's go find me a drink, and maybe something for you too."

"No one calls me Jenny anymore."

"Well, good luck stopping me," he called as he walked off toward the kitchen. Jennifer sighed and followed him, it would be nice to catch up.

For the next hour they talked and drank. Alex told her about the marketing research he was doing for his internship and the ugly breakup he had with his girlfriend. Jennifer complained about her bad look with project groups and gushed about her boyfriend.

"You really light up when you talk about him," Alex said, pouring her a fireball shot. "Must be a good guy."

"He really is," she said grinning. She threw back the shot, the thick whiskey coating her mouth. She sputtered a little. "I hate that stuff. Where's the bathroom?"

"There's one down here but I'm sure it's disgusting by now. I have a semi-private one that I only share with a couple of guys upstairs, I'll show you."

He led her across the party. She walked in zig zags, the alcohol setting in and blurring her vision and dulling her brain. She screamed and ran to Dave and Carrie who were owning everyone on a beer pong table.

"I am very drunk," Jennifer slurred at Carrie, "I'm going to the bathroom then we should go."

"Deal. I'll find Kim once I lose a game," Carrie said. Jennifer gave her a big thumbs up and followed Alex up the stairs to the bathroom.

--

Alex was looking at her funny when she came out of the bathroom.

"What?" Jennifer asked.

"You got way prettier. I didn't think that was possible," Alex said.

Jennifer smiled, "You're not looking bad yourself, muscles. The beard's working for you."

"It's a breakup beard, but yeah, it turned out alright."

"Yeah, there was a risk you'd look like a hobo, but you did okay." She started towards the door but stumbled. Alex caught her. His muscles were like rock.

"God you have sexy muscles," Jennifer said. "Ha, that's how you know I'm drunk. I need to get out of here."

"We're all drunk," Alex said and before she knew what was happening his lips were on hers. She kissed him back, his tongue ran across her lips and she let it enter her mouth, entwining with hers. She sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck, realized what she was doing and pushed him away.

"Hey asshole, I have a boyfriend, remember?"

"Didn't feel like it to me."

"I'm drunk, it was a mistake, and you're very attractive, shit, see I'm too drunk to be talking, I say shit like that. But you lured me in," she slapped him playfully on the arm. "I need to get out of here."

Her head swam, there was heat erupting across her body. She felt it in her head and chest, it was how she knew she'd crossed a line with her drinking. She'd pay for that in the morning. But she also felt that heat in her belly, between her legs. This was trouble, she knew it. Jennifer turned and took two steps toward the door. She stopped and looked back over her shoulder.

"Come on, let's rejoin the party."

Alex followed her. Wrapping his hands around her before she made the door.. His breath was hot in her ear. One hand rested on her side, the other cupped her breast.

"If that's what you want," he whispered in her ear.

She reached for the doorknob, but then Alex's lips were on her neck. She let out a deep sigh as a chill went through her body. "I need to. You're making a good case, but you're about three years too late."

She let him kiss her neck, she didn't want this going any further, but her brain and body weren't connected. She realized that his hands were on her breasts, but she didn't do anything to stop it. She rolled her neck to the side as he kissed up her neck to her earlobe. He nibbled it gently. She sighed again, turning her head as he kissed her on the cheek, then the corner of her mouth, then full on the mouth. Their tongues met again and danced across each other.

Heat rolled through her as she reached up and ran her fingers through his hair, pulling him deeper into the kiss. All other thoughts were wiped from her mind as she turned and wrapped her arms around his body, still kissing him deeply.

Alex's hands were underneath her dress now, feeling the black lace that criss crossed her ass as he pulled her close enough that she could feel the rough material of his jeans on her thighs. The fingers of one hand lifted her waistband as they circled around her thighs, finding their way to the quickly dampening lace at the front.

Jennifer jumped as his fingers traced over her clit. She kissed him harder as she eased her hips forward into his hand. There was pressure on her clit and she let out a soft moan between kisses. Then his hand dove between her legs, the material of her panties finding their way just inside of her.

"Ohhhh yess," Jennifer sighed. Both of Alex's hands jumped to her waistband, and then there was nothing but the hem of her short dress covering her. A finger traced her thigh, outlined her wet lips, and then dipped inside of her. Jennifer's knees buckled and she gripped onto Alex's neck for support.

"Ohhhh god, yessss," Jennifer moaned as Alex's finger explored her, starting deep, then pulling shallow, turning and curving to rub a sensitive spot that made her jump and moan again. It was joined by a second finger as Jennifer began moving her hips to control the speed of Alex's in and out motion. Heat built up inside of her again as he fingered her, his hand gripping her ass for stability. She screamed as it crested, feeling her whole body shake.

That... felt... amazing," Jennifer panted. Her face went dark. "We shouldn't have done that. Oh, fuck... FUCK, I shouldn't have done that."

She bent down, pulled her panties back up, and ran out of the room. She was crying, she looked all over the party but couldn't find Carrie or Kim. She ran out onto the front stoop but still didn't see anyone she knew. Fucking Alex. She just hoped it wouldn't ruin her life.

Still unable to find her friends, she reached in her phone and dialed Cam.

"I'm so, so sorry," Jennifer said as soon as the ringing stopped.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. What happened?" Cam said back, the concern in her voice made her break down in sobs.

"This party... it got out of hand, and I hadn't seen him since high school." She must sound like a crazy person to him. This wasn't going well.. "I hooked up with him, I'm so sorry Cam."

"What do you mean hooked up? Where are you, do you need me to come get you? Jennifer? Jennifer?" Now Cam sounded hysterical. God, she was such an idiot. She saw Kim walking out to a car, her arms around some guy.

"No, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Cam. I love you. I have to go," Jennifer said and hung up the phone.

"Kim? Where's Carrie, I couldn't find her," Jennifer said.

"Carrie couldn't find you and was throwing up so we put her in a cab home. She already called and told me she made it back. I'm going home with Freddy here, do you need me to call you a cab? Are you okay?"

"No, I have the address, and I'm fine. Just too drunk. Have fun with Freddy, I'll get home," Jennifer said, trying to control her tears.

"Okay I'll see you bright and early, and I'll bring something greasy for your hangover," Kat laughed and let herself be pulled into the car.

"Do you need a ride? I can get a pledge," Alex was standing in the doorway. "I'm sorry, Jenny. I misread you, I didn't mean to..."

"Oh great! You're still here, I need a partner," Dave called as he appeared at the door behind Alex. "What's wrong, this asshole been giving you a hard time?"

Jennifer laughed, everyone loved Dave.

"Yeah, he's always the asshole. Partner?" Jennifer asked.

"Yeah Carrie bottomed out on the beer pong table, but we're still up. You wanna play?"

Jennifer's friends were gone, Carrie was likely already passed out at the apartment. Jennifer thought she probably needed to get out of there, but she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts. Maybe a few more drinks would ease her mind, at least enough until she could get to sleep.

"Sure I'll play," she said as she pushed past, not even glancing at Alex.. "Just don't suck."

--

They played for almost an hour. Jennifer was surprised at how well she threw this late in the night, and how easily the beers were still going down. Finally, a beautiful blonde girl and her brunette friend hit 4 cups in a row to end Jennifer and Dave's streak. It was all well and good, she had to pee and figured it was finally time to go home anyway. Plus, Dave and the brunette seemed to be hitting it off.

When she tried the door to the bathroom, it was locked. She waited outside for what felt like an eternity before she heard the retching and moaning sounds of someone throwing up. This bathroom wasn't opening up anytime soon. Jennifer looked around the party, Alex was talking to some girl in the kitchen, pouring a fresh beer from a keg. She decided to quickly use his bathroom and get the hell out of here.

ba4ls
ba4ls
16 Followers
12