All Comments on 'El Paso'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

difficult made to seem easy. Couldn't been better

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 1 year ago

Fabulous writing, a beautiful insightful loo into an old time favourite.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Good story! However, Jake Rivers, DGHear, Techsan and _Lynn_ did a series of stories based on the El Paso songs by Marty Robbins 15 years.

5

JzordayneJzordayneover 1 year ago

Having been born in El Paso, this song is as etched into my soul as any genetic code of DNA. I love how you have Fleshed out the song making it seem more alive and vibrant, a true credit to Marty's iconic song.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent! Nothing better than a good western. Thanks.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedover 1 year ago

One of my favorite songs. Vague memory of a movie too.

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year ago

That was a wonderful yet sad story. I loved the songs by Marty Robbins. Many years ago, Jake Rivers asked a number of us old authors to join in an invitational using the same three songs. It was a lot of fun. Your story would have blended right in. I truly enjoyed it. Definitely 5 stars, should be even more.

Highest regards

DG Hear

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Good job Randi, very good job. It was a tad uncomfortable reading knowing the ending. You created a very credible back story. All fives, as usual.

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A tremendous story holding true to the song. You brought it to life with the same emotions and feelings. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Am I the only one for whom the link https://literotica.com/s/el-paso-feleena is not working?

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Wow! Great story weaved around the song! Well done!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

jay_pearcejay_pearceover 1 year ago

the link for El Paso City works, but the link to El Paso: Feleena returns Work Not Available, in both this story, and in El Paso City. Hopefully I can find it on my own.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

I have read all ur stories n i expected no less than this awesome tale.great job my lady n thank u for a great read.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

The song in words.

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

Great first chapter for the series, I enjoyed reading it, despite the sad ending. I'm glad you talked me into this.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

When I started reading, the first few paragraphs didn't "feel" like Randi's writing. However, as soon as the dialogue between the two MC's started, that feeling immediately went away. Excellently done. 5* from me.

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Excellent.

The link to the next part of this story is

https://literotica.com/s/el-paso-faleena

THANKS

teedeedubteedeedubover 1 year ago

"and Feleena, goodnight." I'm pretty sure Marty would approve. Your 'laughing the night away' line reminded me of a little band from the 70's and this song. In fact your story brought this back. Thanks, great read. Oh, and for some reason Linda Ronsdtadt........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQhP_KeQv4

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Faleena is here: https://www.literotica.com/s/el-paso-faleena

The link on page one spelled it feleena, that's why the 404 error happened.

Great story, sad but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gotta go with the QuickMagazine 5 here, Randi. Though I was hoping against hope that it would work out for Sinclair, and yet knew it couldn't. I know the song, and could see you were being faithful to it. And yet...the intro speaks about maybe "anything like a happy ending" at the end of the trilogy. So, on to Cagivagurl.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This is as sad as the song, but very compelling and uplifting at the same time. Great job!

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Not

Sure I liked this one

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"One little kiss and Felina goodbye". El Paso....written by Marty Robbins

Love the Grateful Dead cover!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That brought a tear to my eye. Rosa's Cantina. 5*.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Wow. Yes tragic. Great story again randi...... 5stars. You have definitely whet my appetite for the next story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 1 year ago

Wow! Randi created such a strong character in Sinclair that I was hoping she would be able to change the end, but then it wouldn't have followed the song. 5 big, big stars.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Another wow! That's an incredibly good start for cg and stev to follow, can't wait...Many thanks to the sentient being, and thanks for putting all these stories together they have been excellent J.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336over 1 year ago

WOW!!! I loved this story; it fits right in as the beginning to the story "El Paso- DGH by D.G. Hear. Which is another story I enjoyed very much. And of course, this story does bring forth memories of the Marty Robbins classic song which everyone knows.

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

Being a native, and growing up with this song, this was a wonderful read. Well done!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

El Paso was the first Marty Robbins song I recall from my youth. I loved it due to his tone but was always saddened by the ending. I wrote a takeoff of it for a young lady a few years later but never finished because of that end and how I didn’t want it to end with her like it had for the song’s protagonist. I never got to ask her out but over 45 years later we’re still friends and she still doesn’t know of the pitiful tribute I tried to pay her. Haha!

.

Because of my fondness for and recollection of the song, I debated reading this because I knew I’d be sad at the end and postponed then for a while until I was in the right mood. It didn’t work; I still got a tear in my eye. It was a great backstory to the song, with excellent writing and spot-on emotions. 5* and I’m looking forward to seeing the other perspectives. Thanks for writing and for hosting the event.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Much as I wanted the ending to change, I know it cannot and remain true to the song. Well written and played out. Got to go read the other two you mentioned in the intro. Thank you.

williedavewilliedave10 months ago

What the heck kind of ending is this?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@williedave: It's not an ending, you dingbat! There are two more stories, just like there are two more songs in the trilogy. Didn't you read the intro?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done, Randi. You have built a story true to the song. I know the song ends in tragically. And it's sad. But instead of sticking to it faithfully, you could have changed the ending to make him live and he and Feleena could have found happiness. After all he was a likeable guy and must have had friends in town. Could none of them get together and explain the truth about the gunfight to the sheriff? Or help him in his fight with the Clinton mob? Or if there was no sheriff in El Paso at that time, he could have enlisted the help of Wes Hardin and maybe the Jesse James gang to take out the Clinton mob. Or instead of going to Rosa's boldly, he could have sent a note to Feleena to meet him out of town. They could have got married and moved east. Anything but the sad ending. Anyway good writing. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautifully told story Randi. Thank you 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Classic unrequited romance like Romeo and Juliette.

Like the Bards tale the unfairness increases pathos.

Myths and legends abound by human unreasonings

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories