All Comments on 'El Paso City'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
CagivagurlCagivagurlover 1 year ago

Told with real panache, as only Stev2244 can.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Good story! However, see El Paso stories by Jake Rivers and others written 15 years ago.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Surprise ending that was well played. I thought of Clint Eastwood and Uma Thurman. The three of you writers really made my morning. Well done. This exercise was a major success.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Great echoes of the song and beautifully written in the inimitable Stev2244 style. Five stars, Randi.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Started slow ended with a big bang great job really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Faint echos of an El Paso series written in the past. Good stories but not quite up to the originals. Still good though.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Very well told story. 5* from me

MountainsageMountainsageover 1 year ago

A most entertaining and erudite rendering of a classic song. Kudos.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Nice quick thriller. Thanks for sharing.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Hilarious! Following the first 2 stories, it felt like I had been watching The Mexican, but I didn’t expect an appearance by The Dude. Very entertaining.

Floyd1039Floyd1039over 1 year ago

42, the meaning of life and everything

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A really fascinating tribology with a neat deja vu ending.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Props to JakeRivers, DGHear and the others who wrote stories based on these songs back in the day. Always got mad respect for the OGs. I fail to understand what those stories have to do with ours. Are we being accused of plagiarism? Is that the point? If so, suck my dick. These are original stories, composed completely in our minds and not one of us has read those other stories. We were not aware they even existed until we were finding titles for our stories and searched Lit. The only relationship between our stories and the older ones is that they are based on the same songs. We don't need to justify ours to anyone. Randi.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This was fascinating and funny as hell. Stev2244 is the master of the understatement. This really is some good shit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES !!!!! YES to the YES !! Randi's "El Paso" was dope, but this is the shit! Masterpiece material, from the man who gave us "The Hermit," "The Karma Credit Plan" and "Obedience And Betrayal" (just as Randi gave us "Someone To Love Us," "Turn The Page" and "Vagabonds"). Hints of reincarnation, or were they both somehow descendants of Sinclair and Feleena from the aforementioned dope? Whatever, what matters here is that this is a Romance with a great big capital R. An R as big as Texas. A fifth of 5's, straight up. QuickMagazine style.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Wow! What a stunning continuation! 100% romance and adventure, plus a bit of otherworldly stuff bubbling through! 5* story telling.

RasmatRasmatover 1 year ago

If it has Randi's name on it, I'll read it. First time reading a group effort. Most enjoyable. Looking back, the only thing that might have been included, but wasn't, would be a cameo appearance by Rod Serling. Five stars each.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

What a different and great ending to that little chain, all excellent on their own as separate chapters but worked in very well together. Thank you

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Great end to the trilogy! Steve, your writing has improved so much over the last few years. One of my favorites is "My Wife Became a Groupie." While I enjoy that story, the writing in "El Paso City" is crisper, grammatically stronger and, actually, more believable. Thanks!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Great tie-ins to the song and to the previous chapters. I loved the humor and the implications of were-they-or-weren’t-they linked to past lives of Sinclair, Faleena, and Hardy. All of that and 42 being the answer made for an excellent read. 5*.

RzcanuckRzcanuckabout 1 year ago

Very enjoyable. Nice flow to the story.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

What a way to tell "the rest of the story"! Sorry, couldn't resist the bad pun and quote. Great story, and happy ending a hundred and thirty years later.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The tale segments came full circle! Thank you Stev2244. Well told story. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯👍👍👍👍👍😁😉🤷🎉👌👌👋👋🙋🙋🙋🍕🍕🍕🍺🍺🍺

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous