All Comments on 'El Paso - DGH'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Wow

Great as usual!

Boyd

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 17 years ago
An exceptionally well-written story!!

Thanks DG for yet another exceptionally well-written story, really one of your best. I was hooked all the way through. It tugged hard at the heartstrings and brought tears to the eyes of this 'old man'! You gave us a super tale with the kind of happy ending I look for and love. I always look forward to great stories from DG Hear and I can't wait to read and compare those of your fellow contributors (can you give us a list please?). Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I'm truly impressed

DG, I've never been disappointed when I've read one of your stories, but you have surpassed yourself with your latest effort. It is warm, romantic, and it has a fine historical theme. I look forward to your next submission. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A Great Read DG

Another great story DG. Always look forward to reading anything you write. very rarely dissapointed.

Keep up the good work.

always a reader of DG

JakeRiversJakeRiversalmost 17 years ago
Nicely done, DG!

I think I fell a little bit in love with Corinna. What a sweet character.

Great read - Jack

_Lynn__Lynn_almost 17 years ago
Loved

your spin on this trilogy. The facts mixed with your imagination created a great read. Very good, DG!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Subject researched and story well written

DG Hear has written one of the best short stories I have read. Hear researched the subject of the wild wild west and I take it that like with Deadwood, S.D., the story surrounding Corinna's ancestry in El Paso is also based strongly on truth. I would like to comment that I really like the manner in which Hear, in some of his stories,adds the lyrics to songs. This is a nice added elements to his writing. There isn't anything that I can find wrong with the story. It will surely stand as a classic. RAG

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Superb as usual

Loved it !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
a superb story

i dont even read romance stories, but this was one of u better stories and no one in literotica is as good as u. thanks for all the good stories and hope to read many more

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
Very good story

I have NO idea which part is real and which part is the authors contribution but it makes a good story when put together.. It sounds like Bill and Corinna have the marriage everyone searches for!! They'll be together for 70 years!!

naughtyboy2004naughtyboy2004almost 17 years ago
Contest

I loved "bed of roses", every version.

The story of Feleena is another highlight.

All three, till this moment, stories are masterpieces of writing.

Maybe there could be a yearly contest be made of this kind of writing.

A songtext could be chosen by us readers from maybe 3 or 4 proposels.

All writers could write their version of it.

But on the other hand, why limit it to a once a year event.

It could be also a category of its own, like the chain stories.

I wish you, Jack, Ronnie and all your editors al lot of inspiration to continu this great work.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Bless You DG

DG i really loved reading your storyi couldnt stop myself from tearing up when i read about Grand Pa and Grand Mother Eloise When i lost my Dad over 4yrs ago i could have sworn i saw him in my dream one night he came and sat on my bed but didnt say anything to me I hope you dont think that I`m nuts .

I will truly will give you 1000 for feelings you put into your story with love and feelings.

Pat

ParisMaleParisMaleover 16 years ago
Marvelous

I was born and grew up in El Paso. Your story is absolutely perfect.

tigger_boytigger_boyabout 16 years ago
Holy ****

best story i've ever read in this site. bless you! and i hope you have more stories like these for us readers in the future.

darkstone57darkstone57about 16 years ago
This was wonderful

i grew up listening to Marty Robbins and i remember listening to the song El Paso. how wonderful to read a story that gives it a happy ending at last, and how fantastic that billy and Corinna will live on to continue it. Fact or fiction, i don't care, all i care is how beautiful it was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
GREAT

Love your story. I was born and raised in El Paso in fact I still live here. I love the fact that the love story has history which is a favorite subject of mine mixed with reincarnation. Keep writing!!!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 15 years ago
Better than excellent

Really a great love story. There are such a small percentage of excellent stories on this site, and this is one of them. You've woven together a believable story with realistic characters and a credible plot line. Too bad I can't rate it higher than 100. Thanks again for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
El Paso

El Paso is my hometown and the Marty Robbins songs have always stirred in me a passion for what life was like back then. Thank you for this story and making it so realistic. The goosebumps started as soon as i started reading and didn't leave throughout the entire story. Bravo DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
WOW!!!!!!!

Some of my best memories are of driving with my dad listing to marty robbins. Thank you gor reminding me of some great memories with my dad. And thank you for one of the best stories on lit if it is possible to give 10* it stil wouldn't be enough please keep up the great job you do with all your stories.

THANK YOU- loyal dgh fan

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I don't know how I missed this story till now. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
I loved this story!

I am sorry it took so long for me to find it.

one question, why did the grandfathers house go up for auction after his death? With the family closeness and the years to plan, was there not a will? it just seemed to be an oddity near the end that didn't need to be there.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
OK then - WOW!

So much energy and passion and love in one set of words -

Really outstanding

Thank you so much -

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
One of the best!

A love story that all others pale in comparison.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
what can you say

another brilliant story and so believable...love the history about El Paso....and she waited to find her soul mate.....is this fiction emulating truth or truth emulating fiction....just one annoying thing is you changed names a couple of times...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Always loved that song

Thank you for giving me a happy ending to an old favorite song. You done good!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The verse you gave at the end....

wasn't from El Paso City. It was from Feleena. Otherwise a great story that I read time and again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Amazing story that I read for 2nd time and as I did some of memory of first reading years ago came back to me! I was a big Marty Robbins fan in 1970’s. We visited El Paso and walked across the border for a couple hours. Great trip but there was a poor El Paso and wealthy El Paso like many areas now. Anyway this story brought back memories of my early married years. Again a great read of love story to beat all others. 5*

BR Cajun Guy!

iseeyoufly1964iseeyoufly1964almost 3 years ago

An amazing story, a true love story 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant plot and presentation! Story and legend interwoven extremely well. Kudos Author. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One pf the b est love stories I've ever read. Excellent weaving of the past and the present. Thanks.

5* ++++++. We need more of those!

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just reread this story again and it is as intense and loving as the first time I read it. This is in the masterpiece library.

I wonder why there is so much pollen or pollution in the air? Maybe I should buy shares in Kleenex?

5* again ++++

BJ

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

WoW powerful.

Funny about the hay-fever, DG seems to trigger that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A beautiful story.

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year agoAuthor

It's been a long time since I've read this story. It still gets to me. Hard to believe I wrote something this good. It makes me feel good inside. Thank you to all who have taken the time to comment or vote. It's really much appreciated.

Withy respect

DG Hear

tinfoilhattinfoilhat8 months ago

Wow. The romantic in me caused my tears.

DazzyDDazzyD3 months ago

I used to Listen to these songs at night with my father on an ancient radio!

They were beautiful and romantic. One day I wanted to see El Paso.

And now I have, it is worth a trip for you to go!

This melody still holds the charm that it held so long ago!!!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

WOW.... definitely a five star rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟. Thank you for your beautiful and wonderful story. Sincerely from Singapore

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories