Ella & Jake Ch. 01

Story Info
A Beta finds his mate in a young woman with no wolf.
3.9k words
4.55
11.4k
34

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kayadale
Kayadale
62 Followers

*Author's Note* This is my first time trying to write a werewolf story. It is unedited. If you notice any errors, please let me know. Feedback is welcome.

CHAPTER 1

The rain fell hard on the top of the car. She sat by the side of the road, looking out at the pouring rain. The wind rocked the car back and forth. She wasn't sure what she was going to do. The storm just represented her mood perfectly.

She was alone. Alone in life as she was in her car. She was an outcast. A werewolf without a wolf. A human born to werewolf parents. It was not unheard of, but it was very rare. It was more common for a wolf to take a human as a mate, then to bare a human child. The elders of the pack had advised her parents not to push, that her wolf would appear. They were sure by her 18th birthday, she would have a wolf.

She was 18 today. There was no wolf.

Most wolves her age were learning to control their wolf and finding their mate. She didn't have the senses of a wolf, she could not smell her mate. She was sure she didn't have one. Like a regular boring human.

A flash of lightening filled the night, the boom of the thunder echoed in her ears as the car rocked again from the wind. She was close to home. The gates to the community where she lived was only a few kilometers away. But she couldn't see in this rain. If she had been a real werewolf, she would have just shifted and ran home.

The wind picked up and swirled, this time moving the car slightly. She sat up and took her out phone. Glancing at her weather app, she sighed and leaned back. Perfect. A Tornado warning was in effect for the County. She was stuck in a car, no super-human powers, with a twister coming upon her.

Happy Birthday, Ella. She thought to herself.

The car started to shift sideways. She looked out the back window. Rain and leaves were starting to spin around.

Shit.

Ella jumped out of the car, and staggered as the wind tried to knock her over. She started to run through the forest, hoping she could remember the way back to the compound. She stopped by a tree and looked behind her, only to see her car flip over. She pushed her auburn hair out of her face, and started to run.

The rain and wind around her made her lose direction. She was a fucking werewolf, she should be able to find her way home. She came to large tree, and moved so she was out of the wind. She sat down tears in her eyes, waiting for the tornado to come get her, to put an end to her pitiful existence.

*****

Jake had just closed the large metal doors on the pack's storm cellar. They had made sure all the women and children were safe in there, along with the Omega's and weaker members of the pack.

The Beta's were left to watch the storm, and try to save everything they could. Jake watched the Beta's turned to their wolf forms and ran off to make sure the compound was secure. He then turned to the Alpha, who was standing beside him.

"You should get inside," Jake said. "You are too valuable to be out here."

"Stuff it," The Alpha said with a smile on his face. He looked at his main Beta. Jake was about a foot taller than the Alpha and at least two feet thicker. He was by far the largest man in the pack, and his wolf was the same size as the Alpha's, who was supposed to be the largest. Johnathan always figured that Jake was truly meant to be an Alpha, but he never had the brains for it. Jake was his best friend, his body guard, and overall protector of the pack.

"John, I'm serious," Jake yelled over the wind. "This storm is really getting bad. I want you to get inside with the Luna."

Jonathan looked at his friend and sighed. He was right. He should be with his wife, who was due to have their pup any day now. But he wanted to protect his pack as well. It was bred into him from birth. At 30 years old, he had been Alpha for five years. He had done a good job. Found his mate in a neighbouring pack, and had a son straight off, now it was time for his daughter to be born.

Jake on the other hand, had a little bit of a different story. No one was sure who his parents were. He was left on the door step of Jonathan's parents. Rumour was he was the bastard of the previous Alpha, although having a child with a woman who was not your mate was frowned upon, and very rare. The rumour was all it was.

Johnathan always felt that Jake was a child of an Alpha, but was not his brother. His mother was probably a member of this pack, and his father would always be unknown. When they had talked about this, they figured this was the reason why Jake had not found his mate in this pack. That she was somewhere else.

Jake opened the heavy metals doors and made a head movement for the Alpha to get in. Jonathan grunted then entered the storm cellar. Jake smiled as he closed the door. His Alpha was safe, that was his only concern. He would stay here until the storm was over, to protect....

Before he could finish his thought, he smelled something in the air. He took a step away from the doors, and sniffed again. He couldn't fully tell what it was, but it was scared. It was a wolf, a very scared wolf.

He shook his head. He had to protect the Alpha. He transformed into his wolf, and sat by the door on guard, until he smelled it again.

Mine!

His wolf thought. Without a moment's thought to the safety of the Alpha or the pack, he took off into the forest.

Mine!

He stopped and sniffed the air, the smell was closer. He ran to the border wall and leaped over it. He ran into the forest, jumping around trying to find the smell. He paused for a moment, when he caught movement out of the side of his eye. He watched as a Tornado tossed a car in the air.

Jake tried to get control of his wolf, to get home to protect the pack, but he wolf needed to find this smell. She was scared. That's all he knew, that they both knew, as the wolf continued to run through the woods.

****

Ella curled up in a ball, as she heard her car smash somewhere close. The sound of trees cracking filled her ears. She was going to die. She was about to scream when a large black creature leaped in front of her.

She gasped as she looked up into the large gold eyes. The wolf looked at her, and motioned with his head. She knew he was trying to send her a telepathic message, which meant he was a Beta or an Alpha. She shook her head. She was never able to hear those messages.

Jake just starred at the girl. She didn't understand him. He sniffed her again, she smelled of a werewolf, but there was something different. He looked up as the tornado came closer. He quickly shifted to human form and knelt in front of her.

"Get on my back!" He yelled through the rain, then quickly shifted back.

Ella climbed on as soon as he was in wolf form again. She had recognized him. He was the Alpha's main Beta. Although, she had only seen him from a distance. She hung on to his fur as he ran through the forest to get them home.

She felt safe on him. His fur was so soft, and smelled so nice. If it wasn't the middle of a storm, she could have easily had fallen asleep on him. She let out a scream as they jumped the border wall.

Jake ran over to the storm cellar, then stopped, a tree had toppled over on top of it. A few Beta's were trying to get it free.

Leave it! He yelled to them. Take shelter. The twister is coming!

He turned and ran into the main building, a few other Beta's following him. He moved quickly down the stairs to the basement where the medical centre was. He was making sure he was keeping the girl safe, as he skidded on the tiles. He slowed himself down and carried her into a waiting room, with soft couches and a TV.

The television was left on, and there was a news broadcast, it kept flickering on and off as the storm raged outside.

"Are we safe here, sir?" A young Beta wolf asked as he watched Ella climb off his back. Slowly Jake turned back into a man, and grabbed a pair of scrubs that were stacked on a book shelf. He pulled on the pants then turned to the young man.

"I don't know," he said. "It doesn't matter, as long as we know the pack and Alpha are safe, that is all that matters. Now do a walk around and see how many are here, and how many are left outside."

"Yes sir," he said, but before he left he looked around Jake. "You okay there, Ella?"

Jake growled at the young man who was talking to the girl. The young wolf jumped back, not understanding why Beta Jake would be mad at him.

"I'm fine, Olly," Ella said.

The young man, Oliver nodded, then turned and did his rounds like he was commanded to. The house shook above them, and sounds of smashed glass drifted down.

Jake sighed. He should be out there guarding the Alpha and the pack, but the girl made him want to save her. Why sacrifice the pack for a girl. He turned to look at her, about to yell, but he couldn't.

She looked pitiful, she was just standing there, all wet, holding her arms around herself. She was scared, but she was beautiful. Slowly Jake pulled a blanket off one of the couches and wrapped it around her. He moved to brush her hair out of her face, and let his fingers run down her soft cheek.

Mine. His wolf said quietly.

Ella just stood there watching the big man. He was touching her gently, his touch made her tingle, but that could have been from fear. She had no idea what was going on. She wondered where her parents where, and her younger brother and sister. Then she wondered why she cared. They never cared for her, because she was human.

Jake cupped her cheek as he watched the frown come over her face. She was so small compared to him, so young. But his wolf was telling him that she was their mate. He had the urge to protect her and love her, but something was wrong.

He assumed he would never find a mate, since he was over 30. Johnathan believed his mate was with another pack, but they had visited all the packs in the area, and he had never felt this. But this girl, she was a girl. Usually your mate was your age, so you would grow and mature together. There had to be over 10 years between them, maybe even more.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Eighteen," she said. "Today's my birthday."

Jake sighed. That was why he had never sensed her before, because she was a juvenile. But she was ready for a mate now. A mate that should be her age, not 15 years older. He had to talk to the Alpha, or the elders. This didn't make sense.

"Thank you for saving me, sir," she said quietly, while looking down. The way he was staring at her was making her nervous, not the mention that he hadn't moved his hand from her cheek yet.

Jake just stared at her. He didn't know what to do. His wolf was yelling at him to claim her, take her right now, bite her, make her his, but he couldn't. There was his duty to think of, they were in a middle of a major storm, plus she was so young. Basically a child.

"I will always save you," he said quietly. As she looked up at him, her big brown eyes shining, like she was about to cry, he leaned in and kissed her.

She tasted so sweet, so innocent. She didn't fight him, nor did she encourage him, not that he needed it. He deepened the kiss, and moved closer, lifting her small body to fit in his. His arm rested against her back, as he ran the other hand through her hair, pulling her closer. He finally broke the kiss when he felt her struggle. He took a deep breath, to get his wolf under control, then stepped away slowly.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I got carried away."

"Carried away?" Ella said as she stepped back. She had never been kissed like that, never been kissed at all. When he started she had enjoyed it, tingles had run through her body, and she wanted to melt against him. Then she started to panic... why was this man kissing her, what did he want? Was he going to rape her?

"Stay away," she said as she took a step back. She was very scared right now. Alone with a man who was much bigger than she was, and a Beta.

"Ella..." he said slowly, using the name the young Beta had called her. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He could smell the fear on her. "This is new to me. I never expected to find my mate...."

She cut him off. "Mate?!" She couldn't believe what she had just heard. This man thought she was his mate. She wasn't even a wolf. He was like old enough to be her father.

"You are crazy!" She shouted at him. "Go away! Leave me alone!"

Jake stepped back. He didn't know what to do. He'd seen other wolf's find their mates, they always seemed happy. She wasn't happy. Did she not recognize him as her mate? Were his feelings wrong?

"You don't feel the mating pull?" he asked slowly as he backed away, respecting her wishes.

"I don't have a mate!" She yelled. "I'm not even a real wolf. I have no wolf. You have made a big mistake." She started to cry as she backed up against a wall. "Go away."

"No wolf?" He tiled his head, then looked her over. He then realized who she was. One of the older Beta's had complained that his daughter was born without a wolf. He was embarrassed, and ashamed of her. He blamed his wife, until she bore him a son, who was a full wolf, then another daughter. He then blamed the girl. She was not a real wolf. She was an abomination.

He signed slightly. This could be a problem, but then again why should it be? It was not uncommon for wolves to find mates in humans once their true wolf mate was gone. He took a step forward when some Beta's came in.

"Sir," They said. "The storm has passed. We need help moving the tree to let the Alpha out."

Jake nodded and sighed. He turned to leave the room, but glanced back at Ella. "Come on, I'm sure your family is the storm cellar." He continued into the hall followed by his men. He knew Ella was following them, he could sense her and smell her.

They walked over smashed glass and broken furniture to get out of the main pack house. It was still standing, but needed a lot of work to be fixed. Once they got outside, Jake sighed. There was wood and debris all over the driveway. He could see that some houses had been destroyed. Cars were smashed and over turned, toys that had been left in yard were broken and thrown about.

He walked around to the two metal doors that closed the storm cellar. Several wolves were trying to move the tree. He glanced at Ella, to make sure she was watching. He almost laughed when he realized he was about to show off to impress her. He used all his strength to push the tree off the door.

Once the door was free, he leaned down, unlocked it, and pulled it open. The Alpha was first to come out, followed by the Luna, who was very pregnant.

"I have scouts surveying the damage, Alpha," Jake said. "The main house is still standing, but most of the windows have been broken. We will get that fixed right away." He turned and directed some Omega's to head to the main house to clean up.

"Was anyone hurt?" The Luna asked. She was holding her little son against her leg.

"Not that we know of, Luna," Jake said with a tilt of his head. We will search the houses before we allows families to go home to make sure.

"Make it quick," the Alpha ordered. "I'm sure our pack wants to get home, to make sure everything was okay."

****

Ella stood back and watched Jake talk with the Alpha and Luna. He looked very important to him. If he was her mate, would that make her important too? She shook her head. A person like her would never have a wolf mate. She stayed out of the way as she watched the families come out of the shelter. When she saw her own, she walked over to them.

"Ella?" Her mother said when she saw them. "You are okay." A question that was more of a statement. It was as if she mother was upset she was still alive.

"Where's the car?" her father asked.

"The tornado got it," Ella said as she looked down at the ground. Her father pushed her aside as he took his wife's hand and they walked towards their house. Her little brother and sister followed, with smug looks on their faces.

Ella had lost her balance on a broken branch when her father pushed her, and fell back landing in a mud puddle. She closed her eyes. She knew everyone was laughing at her. Why wouldn't they be? She was pitiful.

"Get up," a deep voice said. She opened her eyes to see a large hand being held out to her. She looked up at Jake, who was frowning. She took his hand, and he lifted her up, and pulled her to his side. "Are you okay?"

"Yah, I just tripped," Ella muttered as she looked at the ground.

"Jake, who is this?" The Alpha walked over. He had never heard such a sound of anger come from his friend, when he watched the girl be pushed aside and land in the puddle. He moved quickly to go help her, which was not like him at all.

"Ella," Jake said. "I rescued her from the forest during the storm."

Ella glanced up at the Alpha, who was just staring at Jake. Jake was staring at Ella, trying to get his anger under control. He wanted to go over to her father and rip his head off. Holding Ella was the only thing that was keeping him calm.

"Jake, let her go," the Alpha ordered. Jake didn't move. "Now, Jake!" He ordered again in his Alpha voice. Jake slowly let his arm fall from Ella and stepped back. "Go home, Ella," the Alpha ordered.

Ella took one last look at Jake, then turned and ran home.

****

"Are You Crazy?!" Johnathan yelled at Jake.

They were in the Alpha's office, after it got a quick clean up. Some Omega's were boarding up the windows, and working quickly since they could see how mad the Alpha was.

Jake was just standing in front of the Alpha's desk, watching Johnathan pace.

"Hurry Up and Get Out!" He yelled at the Omega workers. They turned and ran out of the office. Johnathan followed them then slammed the door.

Jake went over to the window and hammered up the last board that the scared workers had dropped. He heard the Alpha walk over to his desk again and sit down in the large leather chair, which had once been his father's, and his grandfather's. Jake put down the hammer, and turned to look at the Alpha, scanning the room to make sure they were alone.

"She's mine." He said softly.

"Just like that?" the Alpha asked. "You pick a child, not only a child but one without a wolf?"

"She's eighteen," Jake said as he walked over and sat down. "I smelled her, John, in the woods, she was scared. My wolf wants her, has to claim her. She is my mate, I know she is."

"But does she feel it?"

"She says she doesn't, but she did kiss me back." Jake frowned. He wasn't a very smart man, he knew that. He was big and strong, and that was good enough, but not he wished he was smarter, so he could be smarter for her.

"Jesus," Johnathan swore as he put his head into his hands. "Jake, are you sure? Are you completely sure that this girl is your mate? It makes no sense. You are like 15 years older than her, that doesn't happen with mates."

"Maybe she's my second mate, or third? It's been known to happen," Jake said. "You can have more than one mate if they die before you meet. You know that."

"It's very rare," Johnathan said as he leaned back. "Are you sure?"

"Are you sure the Luna is your mate?!" Jake finally yelled back. He tired of this. For the past hour that's all the Johnathan had been asking him. "Yes I'm sure. I felt it, I smelled her. She is MINE!" His eyes flashed, letting his wolf close to the edge.

"Calm down," Johnathan ordered. "This is not an easy mating. You are her elder, she has no wolf. She doesn't feel the mating call. You scare her."

"I don't want to scare her," Jake looked at his hands. "How do I get her to want to mate with me?"

"Shit," Johnathan swore. "You can give her up."

"NO!" Jake jumped to his feet. The anger that swept over him was intense. He used all his strength to hold back his wolf from attacking his Alpha. The thought of losing Ella was like a stab in the heart.

Kayadale
Kayadale
62 Followers
12