Elysium: The Chance

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I nodded. "Sounds awesome! Tell you what, I'll see if my friends want to come!"

"Great!"

Just like that the girl was swept into a group of her friends. She waved to me as the group bustled around the walkway.

"Bye, girl whose name I don't know," I said to myself.

I shook my head and grinned. Elysium had some of the craziest characters. Again I craned my neck and looked high up into the belly of the massive club, scanning the higher floors for signs of a party. I scoffed. Signs of a party, the whole place was a party! Constantly! It still seemed pretty intriguing. The higher floors were always host to crazy things. I knew what the suites on the seventeenth and up costed... and what they were for.

I pulled my phone from my jacket pocket and checked the time. They'd be here soon. I glanced back to the floor below, squinting toward the corner under the overhang. I saw my booth there among the others. It was roped off, and attended by a huge man in black clothing. It was as good a time as any.

Rounding the second floor walkway, I made my way to the great set of steps that poured down to the dance floor. Even as I descended I had to wade through miniskirts and flashy collared shirts. The smell of perfume and pot filled my nose as I stepped onto the floor of gyrating bodies. I slipped through the edge of the crowd and came to the booths in the corner. It was as close to secluded as one could come on the main floor.

The bouncer in the black suit watched the people blankly. When I approached, he regarded me with a look of what I though was disgust. With a sigh I dug in my pocket and produced the glossy blue key card.

"Sorry, I almost forgot," I said offering him the card.

The huge man made no move to take the card and swipe it in his handheld. He just looked me up and down.

"There's no need for that, Mr. Cooke."

Even over the dubstep I recognized the voice behind the bouncer. He moved to the side, unhooking the velvet rope as he went. The plush leather booth was large and circular, nestled beneath the overhang of the second floor around a solitary table. A dim light above cast a yellow glow over the scene, making the booth glow like a campfire in the wilderness of the dark laserlit dance floor.

I saw a familiar face seated in the booth. As elegant as ever, wearing a crimson and violet streaked gown, the raven haired woman grinned up at me.

"Mary?" I said surprised. "I didn't expect to find you down here. Are you here to party with us tonight?"

Mary pursed her lips and blew whisps of smoke into the air.

"Easy kiddo," she replied. "Just thought I'd check on you. You know, make sure you get aquainted. I've got some business topside that needs attention."

She was lounging with an elbow on the table, a black cigarette held high, and her long legs crossed. The slit in her gown split all the way to her upper thigh, where her smooth flesh gleamed. I smiled and took a seat across from her.

"Busy boss lady," I mused. "The Ballroom, right? You could always take us all with you."

Her dark eyes flashed. "For the right price."

I smiled. "We should be fine down here, Queen Bee. Don't worry, I'll buy another black card soon."

"How's your father?"

There it was. That's what she wanted.

"Good, I guess," I said with a shrug. "Couldn't really say how he's doing at work."

A young woman breezed by our table and set down a tumbler, a martini glass, and two other tiny glasses. She disappeared just as quickly. I studied the red fluid in the shot glasses.

"He seemed rather upset the last time we spoke," Mary said, gazing toward the dance floor. "I wasn't sure if I should be concerned or not."

I sipped from the tumbler. Scotch. It was hard to keep my eyes from dropping to her chest. Those bouncing black curls spiraled right down to her dark line of cleavage. The subtle signs of age on her skin only made her more attractive. I'd been around plenty of women, but beside Mary I felt weak. There was something about the way she spoke, or the way she carried herself. She was teaming with confidence. Knowing who she was made all the difference, too.

"Edward seems more and more contemptuous every time we speak," Mary went on, turning her alluring gaze back to me.

"Well, I can't imagine you've made his job easy this year," I said. "You've made more work for him, and want him to ignore the most of it."

I regretted the words as they finished leaving my mouth. Her facial expression didn't change, but something in her eyes darkened. For several seconds, she only glared at me. I wasn't smiling anymore. I was thinking of my father.

The light returned to Mary's face.

"I have faith in his capabilities," she said flicking her ashes. "It's why I supported him in the election."

"A phone call couldn't hurt."

"He'd have to answer first."

I gave her a nod, then cleared my throat. I needed to change the subject.

"So I'm still expecting company right?" I said with a grin. "Are they here?"

Mary nodded slowly. "She's coming."

I sat forward. "Wait, she? I thought it was supposed to be a couple!"

"Do you doubt me, playboy?" She asked with a sly grin.

"No, of course not," I sighed. Leaning forward I lowered my voice and added, "It was supposed to be a couple, like... swingers or something. A woman... a-and... a man?"

She lifted an eyebrow. "That eager for the forbidden taste, Clint?"

Mary mimicked my actions, leaning close to the table. My gaze flitted across her breasts when they brushed the tabletop.

"Oh, whatever would your father say?" She hissed sarcastically.

Mary uncrossed her legs and sat back, snubbing her cigarette in the ashtray. She rose from the booth. Her dark eyes fell to mine. She offered her hand and I took it delicately, standing beside her. The older woman leaned close until I could smell the cherries in her breath. My pulse quickened. Mary placed a soft palm on my stubbled cheek.

"Don't worry, handsome," she told me. "I haven't forgotten your request."

The kiss caught me by surprise. Our lips touched. The crotch of my pants tightened. My fingers brushed the silky gown at her waist. The single second was electric. Then just as quickly our lips parted and she motioned toward the crowd. My eyes followed her fingers. The dancefloor was dark. Lightning strikes of strobes and lasers still blinked. I squinted. At first I couldn't see what she was talking about.

Then, the fabric of my world was torn away. Time seemed to crawl. The crowd faded from my mind. Sounds became an echo.

I saw her, and little else mattered.

****

Shannon

****

It felt incredible. And terrifying.

The dress hugged my body like a silk glove. My legs weren't rigid or wobbly. Instead, I was gliding in the beautiful breakneck heels. My hair was so full. I could feel the curls bouncing around my shoulders. For once I held my chin high.

All I could see of the crowd were flashing faces in the darkness. I'd never seen a crowd quite like the one at Elysium. There had been a time I dared not waltz right through this many people dressed as I was. The sea of bodies parted in front of me.

They were already staring.

Fluttering wings took flight in my chest. It was hard to breathe. I could feel their eyes on my skin, my arms, my long bare legs. I steeled myself and kept going, but I could not ignore their gazes. A shirtless guy turned to see me and never stopped watching. Another man raised his eyebrows and looked me up and down. Two girls that were dancing on one another saw me. Both of their mouths fell open. I smiled.

I felt beautiful!

A rush of warmth swept through my body. They were all watching me... me! More than one pair of male eyes lingered hungrily on my lips, the hem of my skirt, my thighs... God it was amazing. Envy seeped from the glares of other women.

Other women.

I had to focus. The booth was over in the corner. The warm yellow glow guided me. Past the bobbing heads of the dancers all around, I spotted a familiar face. My heart sailed when I saw Mary. I wanted her to see me so bad! I hadn't seen her since we arrived. I would have to resist the urge to run and fling myself on her, and cover her with kisses, and thank her so...

I took a breath. He was there with her. I could hardly see him, but he was there, just like she promised. The last few bodies split away. I stepped between the few tables at the edge of the dance floor. That old shyness bubbled to the surface. It was hard for me to look up at them. My skin felt hot.

Sweeping my curls over my shoulder, I met eyes with Mary. A smile broke out on my face. Mary was beaming. No one had ever looked at me like that. The pride practically poured from her dark eyes. She put her hands on my arms, taking in her creation.

"You look absolutely stunning," Mary told me with a big grin.

I knew I was blushing. She pulled me close and hugged me. I felt the twist of her head. Her lips were on my ears when she whispered to me.

"Tonight is your night, sweetheart."

Mary broke our embrace and turned.

"Shannon this is-"

"Clint."

The man cut her off and extended his hand. The rush of cold breath hung in my chest. My gaze traveled up the sleeve of his blazer to his face. I blinked several times. Absently, I lifted my hand.

He gently took my hand by the fingers.

"Wow," Clint said with a smile. "I knew Mary had beautiful friends, but there's just no words to do you justice."

My knees grew wobbly at last. I lowered my head, grinning bashfully. The feeling was overwhelming. His icy grey eyes stole my breath.

"I see you two will be just fine," I heard Mary say.

I glanced over just in time to see her give me a wink. Mary strutted away into the darkness of the dancefloor, with a gigantic body guard on her heels. Something inside of me wanted to call out to her, as if being set free was more terrifying than being contained.

"Shannon, right?"

I turned back to Clint. My tongue felt like a ball of cotton. I only nodded.

Clint motioned to the plush seat of the booth. "Would you like to stay awhile? I'd hate for you to slip away from me."

Grinning, I took a seat at the table. I watched Clint through my brows. God, he was gorgeous. He made a casual suit look so natural. I felt the silky fabric of my panties restricting the swell of flesh below. I tightened my legs beneath the table as much as I could.

Something twisted my gut. Maybe it was his perfect blonde hair. Maybe it was the confident smirk on his face. A silent warning swept my entire body in the shape of a tremble. It all seemed too familiar.

"Um, Shannon you look amazing," Clint told me.

I licked my glossy lips. "Thank you."

"Is this your first time at Elysium?"

"Yeah, this place is crazy," I said, craning my neck to look at the lights above. "And huge. I can't believe they still take reservations."

"They... make... a... killing." Clint sipped from his drink. "Mary is a pretty savvy business woman. Don't let her sweet talk fool you."

"She's great," I added. "She helped me through some rough times recently. I... don't know how I'm ever going to thank her. She's a good person."

There was a glimmer in Clint's eyes when I said the words. He smiled.

"Mary's cool, but I'd rather to talk about you. You've got to be married, right? Surely someone like you can't be alone."

"No, no, I'm... I'm single." I thought about Joey, and I lied. "There was a guy that I was seeing, but he's kind of an asshole."

"He's an idiot. So... you mean you're alone tonight?"

I grinned but studied Clint. Something about his expression was off. The compliments were more than I'd ever received, but they seemed too thick... too stressed. Why was he asking me these questions? I could see something in his eyes. Concern? Worry? Did he know? Jesus, I couldn't even tell who I was! How could he still know?

"I'm by myself," I told him.

"Not anymore. You like dancing?"

"I... I'm not very good at it."

Clint chuckled. "I'm not either. I'll make you a deal. I'll buy us enough drinks that we don't care how bad we dance."

I smiled and pointed to the martini glass. "Is this for me?"

"Yeah, but that's not gonna be enough for us," Clint replied. He turned and put a hand in the air.

My mind raced. There was something nagging me. I couldn't focus, couldn't keep the worry down. Clint was so perfect... it was too good. Was he trying weasel out of this? Get me drunk and leave?

I blinked the thoughts away. I was being unreasonable. My own nerves were eating me alive. I had to chill out. For crying out loud, I looked incredible! Clint looked incredible! Why couldn't I just enjoy this?

With a shaking hand I took the martini and sipped. I wanted to gulp it down, but that would have seemed odd or desperate. So many feelings tumbled over one another. A tiny surge of confidence pumped in my veins. I'd seen my reflection and it fooled even me. My whole body, however, was chilled to the bone from fear. It was like at any moment I would fall to pieces.

As a pretty waitress set more beverages on our table, I watched Clint. I couldn't have picked a better guy from a magazine. He was so sleek and sexy. I was really having trouble sitting still. Where uncertainty froze me to the core, one glance at Clint melted it all away. It was all overbearing. I couldn't do a thing about the blood flow. A dreamy gaze at the stubble on his jaw or those glistening eyes made my panties bulge. That in itself was driving me fucking crazy. That silky fabric... the thong between my ass...

"I'll be honest," Clint told me, "Mary hinted that you might have brought someone with you."

I blinked at Clint. "No, I... like I said, I'm alone."

I saw the twitch of his expression again.

Why was he pressing this?

"Just, uh, something she said in passing," he said.

My martini was gone. With a deep breath I swapped glasses. Something was definitely wrong.

"I've got the perfect idea for us." Clint grinned and sat forward. "I ran into a girl earlier. She was talking about this big party they are thowing on the upper floors. Sounds like her sister or friend had a birthday and they've rented a bunch of rooms up there."

No... he was already trying to get rid of me. He had met a girl already. He was thinking of her. I felt like screaming. God damn it, Mary had made me look gorgeous! It still didn't help!

"I was thinking, if you wanted to we could head upstairs," Clint went on. "You know, see what's going on up there. If you don't mind getting a little rowdy and letting your hair down, that is."

The knot hardened in my throat. My jaw was already tightening near my ears, and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back the despair. Part of me hoped that Clint was sincere, that we'd go upstairs and have a great time. That was too good to be true. I knew it. He'd get lost in the crowd and leave me. He'd find that girl and fuck her in a bathroom somewhere. Clint could see through the makeup and the pretty hair. He could hide it and be nice as much as he liked, but I knew what he was thinking, what everyone thought. I was disgusting. They were right about me.

"Shannon?"

I blinked, realizing I must have been staring. Clint ducked his head into my gaze. His handsome face reflected my fears. He was confused... worried...

"Shannon, what do you think?" Clint asked.

The moisture stung my eyes. I shook my head and replied, "No, I'm... I'm sorry, I have to go."

I couldn't look at him. In an instant I was up and weaving through the crowd. Clint was calling my name. I was grateful when the music exploded into a loud chorus of singing, samples, and fast paced bass. Swirling lights swarmed the crowd of faces. Fog rolled up from the floor. Good. I wanted to be hidden again. With no idea where I was going, I simply headed for the huge staircase that climbed to the second floor.

I nearly tripped on the steps, but I kept my heels underneath me. One man looked at me as if I were a drunk. It had started all over again. Soon they'd all be staring and laughing. All Mary could offer was a pipe dream. I could never realize my fantasy. Where the fuck was I going? Maybe I'd find an elevator and look for the party upstairs that was so special to Clint. Just get drunk and not have to...

A hand took my arm and I spun. Clint was there.

"Hey! Are you alright?" He called over the music. "What happened?"

I half turned away from him but he didn't let me go.

"You tell me!" I snapped.

"What did I say?"

I shook my head. "I'm obviously not who you wanted to see tonight!"

"Are you kidding?" Clint was grinning. "You look amazing! You're exactly the one I wanted to see tonight!"

I wouldn't let him see me cry. I stood firm. Crossing my arms, I glared toward the dark misty crowd below.

"Shannon, I've just started getting to know you," Clint said. "If you don't have drinks with me tonight, I'll be drinking by myself over at the bar and the bartender will be asking all these depressing questions. Then I'll have to give him the 'hottie walked out on me' story and all that. Which will lead to me driving home listening to all those sad love songs that I'll finally understand..."

I looked at him. Clint was bantering playfully. That sparkle was in his eye, and it pierced me deep. He flashed me a grin, one so perfect that it hurt me to see.

My curls bounced when I shook my head. "You don't want someone like me."

"How can you say that?" Clint motioned to the people. "Every-fucking-body wants you. I thought I was going to dive into the dancefloor fight three guys before you ever sat down with me! Everyone down there wants you or wants to be you. And I am the lucky idiot that wound up on a date with you."

Date. The word lifted my heart like wings on the wind. Clint didn't know. I felt dumb and ashamed. I'd certainly done a wonderful job of making a scene.

"We don't have to go to that party. Will you come back and sit with me?" Clint asked. "We can just chit chat. Anything you wanna talk about."

"I can't tell you," I said in defeat. "I can't."

"Why?"

I was so tired of being scared and feeling hurt. Turning a cold gaze on Clint, I stepped up close to him. When I breathed him in, his sweet scent alone had my heart racing. I licked my lips. Anything could happen, and I steeled myself.

Grabbing Clint's hand, I forced it under my skirt to my panties... or, the throbbing swell in my panties.

I felt his body tense in surprise.

With what willpower I had left, I forced my watery eyes to stare into his. I watched his lip fall open. Slowly, I pulled my hand from his, waiting for him to jerk away from me. I prayed that he didn't. Keen awareness fell over me. The club was so damn loud. People walked about behind Clint, the ones who would witness him punching me or storming off in disgust. We were right there, for all to see.

That instant dragged on. My heart was about to explode in my chest. Clint blinked. His eyes found mine. It was as if I were clutching him for dear life with my heels over the edge of a cliff, waiting for him to shove me away into oblivion. It was my one beautiful chance. Even in that moment, I couldn't breath right, not with Clint palming the bulge in my panties. I searched his face... his cute stubbled face... pleading silently.

Clint's eyes fell. He smiled. He chuckled a bit. I froze as my heart began to shatter.

He glanced up again and pressed his lips into mine.

I was stunned. Clint held his lips against mine, allowing the two of us to soak it in. Warmth flooded my skin all over. I could have fainted. He was kissing me! God he was kissing me! Clint slid his free hand around my neck and cradled my head.

We were moving backwards. My shoulders touched the wall. Clint tilted my head and our lips opened together. I gasped before his tongue found mine. His hand still gripped my panties, and he started to grope at the flesh in his palm. Instinctively, my hips thrust against him. My hands found his shoulder blades.