All Comments on 'Enchantress'

by Duleigh

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Arc2456Arc245612 months ago

Wonderful story. You honored the memory of Terry. He would be proud.

ender2k2kender2k2k12 months ago

That was great. It is so good to revisit Disc World again. You really captured the spirit of Terry’s writing. I hope you get the urge to write another story on the Disc. Thank you so much

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthor12 months ago

I really liked this. I've never read the Discworld books, but I like the "meta" content sprinkled throughout. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Excellent.

With time I think you will remove the egregious explanatory parenthetical footnotes and leave only the essentials.

Same for the extended sentences, I know you're adding explanations for a non discworld audience, but they don't hang together well.

I feel there's room for another Bruce in there, somewhere in the duchy. Perhaps with an Igor who wants to be called Alfred due to a sledging quantum inspiration...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Also read voluptuarymanque Takes from the Guilds.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Did you mean for the farm girl's name to be "Lousie" or Louise?

Did you use "velum" instead of vellum deliberately?

Unlike Terry's use of the more subtle vermine this stands out, gratingly, when read.

DuleighDuleigh12 months agoAuthor

Eliminate egregious explanatory parenthetical footnotes??? Far too many footnotes is a hallmark of Sir Terry's greatest work!!! Footnotes don't work in this environment, I could try but that's roughly 3,500 words per page depending on the size of the words and there's no way to force a page break so I went with in-line italicized parenthetical footnotes. There are a few legitimate parenthetical notations and they have normal parentheses and are not italicized

Igors are always Igors, sorry, I can understand the desire for an alfred, what with Wægn Manor and all but Igors are Igors. It's a rule set in place by Sir Terry, but there will be an army of Bruces near the end of Enchantress 2

I searched all over for voluptuarymanque and all I came up with was a wood working on Deviant Art. But he makes nice stuff

Farm communities concentrate on getting the goat milked before worrying about spelling, as Queen Magrat learned.

SOMEONE GOT THE VELUM! " velum, in mycology, is one of several structures in fungi, especially the thin membrane that covers the cap and stalk of an immature mushroom." Nick is a witch and witches get their medicines from nature.

You may pick up your prize down in HR.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you. Damn I miss him and his talent. Truly one of a kind.

RustyoznailRustyoznail11 months ago

Bruce, mate, bloody good read.

kulkidkulkid10 months ago

As a Bruce of some 75 summers and a dedicated Discworld fan for 40 of those summers, I declare this story to be a most welcome addition to the genre. Well played sir!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you very much. I've been a fan of Pterry's books for a long time, and I really enjoyed reading this.

The only "complaint" I have is that it contains too little sex for literotica, and too much of it for a discworld story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I really enjoyed this story!

As far as Voluptuary Manque, try these. He has two author names. Really excellent stories.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=889290&page=submissions

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4537811&page=submissions

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brilliant. As a long time fan of the sadly late great Sir Terry Pratchett thanks for creating more of the Discworld. I've only just found your stories so I'm about to binge on the rest of your stories.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum5 months ago

Loved this story. Will read onto next chapter.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo4 months ago

And that was Pratchett-worthy! I just found these Disc World homages through reading your Winter Holidays contest entry Happy Hogswatch. Sorry I didn't read it earlier in time to add my vote for it, but now I've begun The Enchantress series as a result. I was hoping by the end of that one for a story with the beginning of his friendship with Gaspode, and it looks like this is it. I generally avoid these serial stories, preferring the one and done, especially when it looks like the end isn't in sight, but for Disc World? I'm hooked. If somebody were to pick up Sir Terry's mantle, you've proven yourself worthy. Though he did come up with a far cooler name for a camel! Lol.

UncleBozzinUncleBozzin2 months ago

TPerry would be pronored. "'Nuff said."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Crown Princess Esmerelda Margaret Note Spelling" I actually thought that was a typo at first. Then I laughed.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

As a long term fan of Terry Pratchett and the disc world this is a most welcome find and I will be reading the rest of your work.. Thank you thank you!

Seaman993Seaman9935 days ago

Loved the story and as an Ecksian, roared with laughter at your interpretations. Will raise a tallie in your honour.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDuleigh@Duleigh
Disabled veteran, learning how to live from the sidelines. Still trying to figure out if I'm writing these stories, or if these stories are writing me. I've given them free rein to flow and now it's time to start publishing, The scores reflect that you like what I am publishin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES