Enki's Puzzle Pt. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Life isn't boring if you enjoy the company." Maggie really was smitten by Nick Dobson. She had always gone after whatever she wanted. The world didn't seem too keen on resisting her. "Get in."

They made small talk on the drive, parked, and walked together to Alyson's office. When she wasn't there, Nick sighed, and led the way to Chris's office. Sure enough, he found his sister reading papers while her fiancé messed around on his phone. Nick knocked on the half-open door.

"Oh, hey, Nick." Alyson looked up from her work, glancing quickly at Chris with a look of worry. Chris didn't look up from his phone. She turned her eyes back to her brother. "What are you doing here?"

"You didn't get my texts?" Nick waved halfheartedly at Chris. His greeting was returned with even less enthusiasm.

"Sorry, no," Alyson lied.

There was a moment of silence.

"This is my friend, Maggie." Nick made the introductions.

"Nice to meet you, Maggie." Alyson stood and walked to the door. "I'm going to hang out with Nick and Maggie a little." She looked over at her fiancé. "I'll be back."

"I have my seminar in the morning. I'll need those papers graded tonight." Chris frowned at her.

"I'll be back, I promise." She knew Nick was there about the puzzle, but didn't mention it.

"Fine." Chris rolled his eyes.

Alyson escorted them out of the room and back toward her office. "I sometimes help him with grading. He has so much to do."

"Oh, yeah. I can imagine." Maggie was nothing if not polite. She leaned in close to Nick and whispered in his ear, "That dude is a bit of an asshole, isn't he?"

Nick grinned and nodded. The more he got to know Maggie, the more he thought everyone might be right about her.

"Sorry I didn't respond to your texts, Nicky." Alyson opened her office and let them in. She eyed Maggie cautiously. Maggie smiled brightly back at her. Alyson wasn't exactly sure how to proceed with the young woman there. "Did you want to translate the... um... puzzle now?"

"Not with Chris." Nick pulled the puzzle out of his backpack and handed it to Alyson.

"Yeah, I know. It'll be hard, but I have the books here to do it." Alyson opened the puzzle and looked at the glowing mineral inside it. "Well, let's get to work."

The two women didn't take long to warm to one another. Maggie seemed to have a knack for translation, often leading Alyson in the right direction. They laughed together with excitement as they deciphered more and more of the riddle.

Nick sat and watched them work for a couple hours. He wasn't all that helpful, but he was happy to see them get along. It was well past dinnertime when they finished.

"We did it!" Maggie was feeling strangely elated. Puzzling things together had been a ton of fun. "So, what's with the glowing light?"

"We're not sure." Alyson shrugged. "It's a mystery for another day, I guess."

"So, what's it say?" Nick was eager to hear what Enki had in store for them.

Alyson looked down at their notes. "Fruit of the poisonous tree grows rotten. The virtuous tree bears ambrosia. Cut back weeds and sow a harvest worthy of Enki." She looked up at Nick to gauge his reaction. "We might be off on a word or two, but I think it's mostly right."

"I have no idea what that means." Nick scratched his head.

"Well, it's a riddle, silly." Maggie laughed. "We can talk about it on the way home." She looked at her phone. "And I should probably head home now. My mom will kill me if I'm out too late."

"Mine, too." Nick picked up the puzzle and put it in his backpack. "I'll hold on to this, okay?" He didn't trust his sister to keep it away from Chris.

"Yeah, sure." Alyson nodded. She didn't trust Chris not to find it and take it back if she left it in her office or apartment. "It was really nice meeting you, Maggie." She stood and gave Maggie a hug.

"Aww... it was nice meeting you, too." Maggie squeezed Alyson and stepped back. "That was fun. We should do it again someday."

"Yeah, for sure." Alyson didn't tell her it was the final riddle in a long ordeal that had recently culminated in her brother spewing in her unprotected pussy. It seemed better to leave some things out.

Nick and Maggie said their goodbyes and left Alyson to grading Chris's papers. They walked back to the campus parking lot, making small talk about school. Once in Maggie's car, she grabbed Nick's shoulders and kissed him deeply. They made out for long enough that the car's windows fogged. Without thinking about it, Maggie rubbed his dick through his pants. The size of it sent shivers down her spine. He was every bit as big as she'd suspected. It took a lot of willpower to pull away from him and start the car. She rolled down the windows. "Okay... okay... well... your sister seems nice."

"Yeah, we're really close." Nick's heart thumped in his chest. He tried to adjust his erection to a more comfortable position. His mom was going to have to help him when he got home. He prayed his dad was out watching the game with his buddies or something.

"I really like you, Nick. I'm glad we're... spending time together." She flashed a smile at him.

"Me too, Maggie." Nick settled into his seat as they pulled out of the parking lot. They made small talk on the ride back. She dropped him off at home with a last, parting kiss. As Nick walked to the front door, he realized they hadn't talked about the riddle at all. It was just as well. How could she help him if he couldn't tell her about the six other riddles and everything else that had happened?

Nick opened the front door. "I'm home!" He didn't get a response, so he went to go find his mother.

12