All Comments on 'Enough Time to Get It Right'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My 2 cents

What a nice story. I liked the characters and their interaction. I liked the dialogue and the banter between them. Although the ending was never in doubt, it was fun to get there. Maybe you could throw some more unexpected problems their way. Such as, she was involved in a traffic crash or he found that redhead a little more fun. Just a thought. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
When it's right

if we give it a chance, it works. We learned that lesson early in our now 57 years. Thanks for the reminder. Good story, in the right category, with well-developed characters, and a believable story line. Obviously, 5*

detroitdave

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 4 years ago
Great Story

Really enjoyed it. And a nice happy ever after ending.

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Great Writing

I guess it's true, love does conquers all.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Nice romance.

You did a good job with this. It felt real. That always makes a story better. Thanks for taking the time and effort to write and post this. It is appreciated.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 4 years ago
Very Nice

I really enjoyed this. It was well written, had a good plot, and a very nice ending. 5*

WilCox49WilCox49over 4 years ago
Very nice.

Nothing more to say beyond that, except THANK YOU.

andyinozandyinozover 4 years ago
Thank you so much.

A lovely story that just makes you feel good !1

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Very Sweet Story

Thanks for sharing your work.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
It wasn't predictable, but flowed nicely

I know a lot of people, many of whom got divorced and I never heard of a couple getting back together again. I know of people who have dragged the process out interminably, but all gave in to the need to pull apart. I'd like to think that people do grow up and see how they could have been properly attracted to each other during a premature marriage, but I can't see how their maturing would pull them back together again. If young people are drawn together and then see that they are really not suited for each other as they mature together, yet grow apart, it is highly unlikely that they will eventually grow full circle back to each other. This was a nice fantasy, but not in the slightest realistic.. I still enjoyed the fantasy and gave it a 5*. Thanks for a walk in the world of make-believe.

Cracker270Cracker270over 4 years ago

Well written story with a great ending. Now I have to look into the rest of your work.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Enjoyable

Didn't expect the re marrying

Had trouble working out their ages, hovered between 18 and 58 depending on the clues.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago

Didn't expect the remarry but was a humourous and enjoyable read.

PrincessJezebelPrincessJezebelover 4 years ago
Good job!

A lovely story, and your grammar and punctuation were almost perfect, which is a very pleasant surprise on here! Good luck, and happy holidays!

dummy2069dummy2069over 4 years ago
@overcritical

I know 2 couples that divorced and re-married. One worked out long term, one did not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Overcritical is wrong again

Yes, some divorced couples do get together again. If in your feeble little life you have not experienced something doesn’t mean it never has happened.

You need to get a life and a grammatically correct handle.

moreandmore, nice story. 5*

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
Sweet

Happy and unpredictable endings are always a pleasant surprise. Thanks for sharing.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Very nice

This one went up, down and sideways. I still enjoyed the ride.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Cheated

At least they didn't divorce due to her cheating!!! Enough!!

NicealloverNicealloverabout 4 years ago
Love it

It’s so hard to write a reconciliation story but Moreandmore does a great job!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Good story, it’s simple and it just works.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Nice

Nice story,though I think he should have got her to tell him why she got back in touch.If she loved him she would have gone with him to Ventura,so what changed.Was he right when he asked her if she hadn't found anyone else suitable.?

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
TIME AND COMMUNICATION WITH COUNSELING

gives one a chance to evaluate lonliness. TK U MLJ LV NV

dauberdauberalmost 4 years ago
Great read

Yeah, I’m a sap for the ending. Thanks for writing it. It shall brighten my day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
really nice

I'm really only familiar with your work in Loving Wives, happened to run across his one on your submittals page, and want to urge you o write more in the Romance category. This was very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lovely Story

Enjoyed it a lot. Thanks. 5*s.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 3 years ago

Really nice story, loved it.

I used to fight with my wife (we still do from time to time) but in the end, love conquers all.

Thank you for that wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ending was weak but loved the story, definitely a 5

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Beautiful story, M&M! Really liked this one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful. Touching. The card exchanges reminded me of a sweet version of "The Gift" by adevilru12

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this story. It’s amazing how easy it is for two adults to get along when they realize life would be so much better if they did. It’s kinda like the old song, “You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone”. Very nice job, M&M. I can almost see the “cucky” and “wimp” comments you are bound to get, but just overlook them, please. After all, when those people grow up they will realize that life really isn’t black and white, and that sometimes you have to give a little to get a little. Like I said, a very nice story. Wish I could give it 10 stars, but I guess 5 will have to do. Thanks for this one.

Davidj001Davidj001almost 3 years ago
Great One!

Really, Really liked it!!

karasu_tengukarasu_tengualmost 3 years ago

...you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.....it's true

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Nice to read a story where cheating didn't happen to cause the breakup

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

I started a marathon reading of your stories two days ago. I've touched only the 5 star button since. Your 2 page stories are the best on this site and the longer ones dominate the top ten best also. Thank You for your great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Touching story extraordinarily well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful, and wonderfully told, story!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

like the idea of "my first wife/husband did" and the truce word of enough. Card swapping was cute, romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’d like to think I would have binned her first card and never responded. But one never knows.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

5* I’m a sucker for happy endings. Nicely done!

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooover 2 years ago

Another great story. A lack of communication lies at the heart of most relationship issues and your story did a great job of highlighting that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think Faye didn’t go to stay with her mother after they broke up. I think she had a lover and decided to see if that relation would work out. After a few year with the lover she discover that that her husband was better and left the lover.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

its obvious she was cheating and moved in with her lover when they divorced .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
This was nice

I wouldn't say it was romantic. At least not in the sappy Hallmark sense. It was more of a "They got divorced, grew up, got undivorced, and learned to live with each other without killing each other", kind of romance. In a real world sense, that's about as good as it gets in this day and age.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story of true love overcoming personal difficulties!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

A good story of love lost and found again. Many of us marry too young, others marry for the wrong reasons and some of us are too selfish to ever marry at all. Our wants and expectations are sometimes different.

The ability to listen, understand and communicate is essential in any relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've never thought the passage of time would warrant another try at a past relationship. (Though I wouldn't mind sampling the tightest pussy in North America again!)

Computer dating dates (npi) back to the '60's. It got a little traffic in NE college towns. The founder of one service named Contact entered his own info and the system matched him to a former gf. They started dating again.

Nonsequitour

AnAncientAnAncientover 1 year ago

Enjoyed.

Liked plot, and methods they used to handle disagreements.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, five stars!

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy598 months ago

BRAVO! Most impressive writing. Great backstory and endearing characters are combined with superb pacing that leads to a wonderful outcome. The end state makes the read all that sweeter. You could turn this into a romance novel with the snap of your fingers.

GardenshedGardenshed6 months ago

Good story, now that was taking real slow, by sending cards back and forth. Very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing

ChumulyaChumulya4 months ago

A great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Reconciliation by card and snail mail. Incredibly inventive. What a lovely story. So glad she reached out to him and he was receptive. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another lovely yarn, simple yet elegant, the story isn't overpowered by the sex and the romance permeates through it all. I'm reading all your other stories and each one has something unique to offer. Screw all the naysayers, you're a master of the short story!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

loved it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories