All Comments on 'Enough was More than Enough'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wouldn't want to be married to either the genius professor or the marketing maven. Neither have much appeal but both have plenty of baggage.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Good story.. and in fear of sounding petty... get a new grammar editor

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorchak - it's a moderately obvious trick question.

The correct answer should be "Yes," as is she does not want a divorce. So, she should have answered "yes/no/yes" to score a 4.0.

I've seen, read, and heard of MUCH worse questions.

Heck, my father had a mid term or final in HS.

What does everyone tell use every year of our scholastic career? "Read all the questions first."

Dad finished the two page test in two minutes...the last question told him to make no marks on the paper, lay it face down and place his pencil on the exam. The collective groan when the rest of the class sped through the exam and reached the last question was...loud.

No one else passed. I've seen variations on that theme myself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Maybe I read this wrong, maybe I just didn’t understand the story that much, it’s prolly just the theme of the story you were trying to tell and I couldn’t get it. I’ve read a few of your stories, and at least some of them I’ve noticed that the main fight at the end of the day is caused by the stubbornness of the characters, and failure in all cases of communication. Like I understand that little things pile up, and especially if it’s been piling up for months, but in this story in particular I just find it weird that one mistake (albeit a big one) that the guy did set everything in motion for a otherwise good marriage to implode like it did. Like at the end she was trying to extend the olive branch in some since, but the main character was too stubborn to even try? It felt more like the guy wanted an exit because he didn’t want to back down and work on the relationship. I felt like the test at the end was just a cop out in the end and left me really unsatisfied. Maybe I’m just stupid and it was a marriage that needed to end, but this story and a few others from you that I’ve read felt like the main characters stubbornness just make mountains out of mole hills to the extreme degree.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - This story was just a bad idea - the 'marriage' was a sham from day one.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 2 years ago

Re: Anon, 6 Months Ago

Explained the 3 question test at the end very well, I thought it was pretty obvious but it seems others didn't and some only saw a typo... I did have an instructor give a test once the same way he described; read all of the questions first with the last one telling you not to answer any but just sign your name at the top.

...

I may have mentioned this somewhere in more detail but I had an engineering class test once with exactly 100 questions. Part way down I spotted the pattern, A,B,C,D all of the way down. I caught Mr. Mann's eye with a questioning look and he just gave me a smile. Never scored an easier A. Except for that one time I always followed something I learned in Statistics, Debby was correct in one thing, there usually is a pattern. In multiple choice, at least back then if in doubt, choose C. One other trick, in either multiple choice, true or false or essay, skip any that you don't immediately know the answer to and answer all that you do. There are frequently clues to the ones you didn't know further down giving you a chance to answer them meaning you have a chance to get at least partial credit. In the worst case you didn't get gigged for ones you did know but ran out of time before you could answer them. No matter whst others thought a very clever, well done story with a set up that was unique wnich has to be tough to do in a LW story. Apparently quite a number of folks never really think before they jump to their goregone conclusions. Be pretty boring if they were all some kind of BTB or all RAAC, me, I choose 'C'. Signed: BTW

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@ErotFan, what's tricky about that test? 1) You still love your husband Dennis? Yes, 2) You think your job is more important than your marriage? No. 3: Do you don't want a divorce? I think "don't" is a typo, should be, "Do you want a divorce? No. Easy-peasy. SignedBTW, you say it WASN'T a typo. In that case, I'd explain my answer: If "don't" is a typo, then my answer is "no," if it's an awkward negative, then my answer is "yes."

\

@Anonymous Re: Husband killed the marriage? - How? He made a statement that SHE had taught him! It'd not his fault that the bosses took it the wrong way. He apologized, and she nursed the grudge for MONTHS!

\

@Anonymous Re: Ending - What's to get confused about? She couldn't figure out a SIMPLE test, they got divorced and he married Ellen.

\

@Anonymous Re: Where;'s the ending? - Her "reaction" was obviously to give him the divorce.

\

@Anonymous 2* - It doesn't matter if there was any cheating or not! She couldn't say that she loved her husband, that her marriage was more important than her job and that she didn't want a divorce. Any one of those is reason for a divorce even if she wor a cast iron chastity belt.

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

I thought it was a very good story and had some interesting precepts. I think both of them were just too stubborn for their own good and even if he was unhappy he should not have had the affair. I do disagree with others that the test was a mistake I just think that her answer to the test did not fit with where she was at in the marriage.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

When the cunt introduced herself as someone who wasn't willing to learn and work at his class but just try and find the cheat codes he should have known she was worthless.

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

She never cheated and he was a dick who did 1*

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

What's funny about this story was the husband is and was an Insufferable Ass. I mean how fucking narcissistic can you get I'm a genius and I'm the most loyal blah blah blah! He fucked his wife over and she was well within her rights to be fucking pissed! He had absolutely no ambition whatsoever typical teacher she was driven and ambitious so he passively aggressively fucked her career what a fucking piece of shit!

DreddrasDreddrasalmost 2 years ago

I agree with xhristianj, this is a story about a self-centered asshole who completely torpedoed his wife's career and then got all up in his feelings because she worked hard to salvage something from the wreckage. Meanwhile, he started an emotional affair and then cast her aside. Villain as protagonist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both characters are broken people. Why do people assume she never cheated?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have a theory... when the most intelligent and gifted people are dysfunctional and deranged, there is nothing that can match their insantiy... these two prove that uneqivocally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have read almost all of your stories and this one was one of the best (jaybee186) Oh I forgot I have been hacked three times so I can not join the lit circle of friends Can you do me a favour and ask the heads to make a new section called "CUCKOLDS" I am sick of all the cuck stories appearing in LOVING WIVES Keep writing some of your stuff is great

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why would Ellen want Debby's leftovers? The MC was a self impressed, insufferable POS. He was obviously NOT a genius in the art of introspection or the practice of humility. It would have been more rewarding to be married to a computer than his pompous prick.

captpatrickcaptpatrickover 1 year ago

I have liked some of your other stories. It’s been a while since you’ve written, so I doubt you will read this. I hope this comment can help other writers pull the readers in more emotionally.

The tough part about the story was that all of the main characters were unsympathetic.

The MC is a self-absorbed, self impressed bore who does not expend much energy to saving his marriage. In fact, he starts dating while still married.

The wife is also self impressed and unaware or uncaring about the feelings or needs of her spouse.

The girlfriend Ellen is a homewrecker.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

humm not sure why but just left me flat as it were well written and interesting characters, um maybe because there really wasn't a sympathetic character to root for. It was hard to pick your favourite jerk, and non were nasty enough to really hate, either, it still could have worked if it were a longer piece maybe?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Some say she never cheated. She did. With an inanimate object. Her job! But? Did she come home after the dinner to find Ellen in bed with hubby?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Incomplete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ellen was a home-wrecking bitch!

This MC was pussywhipped desperate cunt for Debby

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Interesting story, with interesting characters but unfortunately I'm left with lots of unanswered questions. Did Debbie cheat on him with more than just a job? Did she care that he took another woman to their bed? Did she have regrets when she realised wha she'd lost? Given how interesting the characters were, this story had real potential but there just wasn't enough of it to be truly great. What there is of it, is good, but it feels unfinished, almost like reading a book with missing pages. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, the idea of 2 geniuses (each in their own way) trying and failing to make a life togetger is an amazing premise, but it truly felt like reading chapters 1 and 3 of a book thats was missing chapters 2 and 4.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Never finished... poor writing skills.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
I

Usually like your writing but this one not really interesting just sad.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Unsatisfactory Femdom agitprop. No answers. No ending. Just like real life…

Cracker270Cracker2708 months ago

Well written, but sad.

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

It was ok. He was an ass, I mean a bet with your student to retake a test if she'll show her tits if she fails? How childish and frankly creepy.

And instead of trying to fix the marriage or get it y he had an emotional affair. We never know if she did.

Meh. Clearly the wife wasn't interested based on the note she left though. Probably better for it too.

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

Damn, maybe she was trying to be cute with her answer? If not, that’s cold and divorce is warranted. The mc was an ass, but didn’t deserve the attitude she gave him for a over a year.

Hard to believe I missed this way back when, thanks for sharing.

Sumnut96Sumnut966 months ago

I liked it. Give it a 4. Too many readers complain about the characters. I took it as a fictional short story, nothing more. A unique twist on an old genre. Well done. DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved the story, but not the ending. 5 Stars

DazzyDDazzyD5 months ago

← We all make mistakes. Some more than others. . / the scars I have prove it. He /should Have been with his wife with her bosses!

Only water bed. Of merit was young and A beauty However,,she had A cat..,with nai… let us say it wasn't your ordinary we tspot!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked it. At least she showed him that the job was more important to her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Extraordinary, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Husband was a total jerk. Then again her freeze out of him for 9 months was surreal. What a mess.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Stupid ending. I don't care about her secret test taking formula, the questions were too easy if she even read them. Absurd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He was an ass. Like his girl friend said, sit down and have a heart to heart talk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Why do you use the word "their" wrongly?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It’s a sad story in a way because too many people let their jobs dictate the path their lives will take . And then they land up alone with no one to share their accolades with , I feel sorry for her .

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Slightly confusing story. Was she really cheating on him? There's nothing definitive about her behaviour. Just because she doesn't answer all his suspicions, just because she leaves the page blank regarding the last 3 questions, does not give any indication of her infidelity. So is the ending to the story only based on Dennis' assumptions? If so, was justice done to Debby? I'm really confused.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous