Entangled Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, it's not. I don't want to hurt you."

"Not even when I beg for it?" She batted her eyelashes at him.

"How did I not know you're such a little temptress?"

"I hid it from you." She grinned.

"I'll say," he said as he leaned close and kissed her. "Now that you've completely worn me out I think you should cuddle me till I fall asleep." He rolled onto his back and pulled her into his side.

"That won't be hard."

"How do you figure?"

"Let's see...a man who's just had an orgasm." Her fingers trailed over his chest as she settled against him. "I give it thirty seconds."

He laughed and pulled her closer. "Good night Jess."

"Good night Eric," she whispered with a yawn.

His last though before sleep claimed him a minute later was how that electricity that had prompted him to chase after her hadn't dissipated. It was still there in the background just waiting for an opportunity to reignite.

***

The next time she woke up she was alone in the gigantic bed. Sunlight streamed through the wall in windows demanding that she get up and greet the day. Her legs rumbled a rough pro test when she stood. It had been quite some time since she'd been loved so thoroughly and her lower half was not happy at all. She walked to the en suite gingerly and looked in the mirror. Her hands ran through her long dark hair, trying to bring some kind of order to it but it was a lost cause so she gave up quickly.

After going back to the bedroom she grabbed Eric's shirt from the floor and slipped into it. She spied her panties on the floor near the night stand and added those to her ensemble.

She heard movement in the kitchen as she went down the stairs. Eric was at the stove, his back to the stairs. She blinked several times as she took him in. He was in pajama bottoms that rode low on his hips, the clearly defined muscles of his back and glutes enticed little hands to touch them as he moved.

He turned to grab a plate and saw her. "There she is." He gave her a bright smile. Her knees wobbled slightly as the full effect of his presence smashed into her.

It took her a moment to find her voice. "Good morning," she said softly, "You're awfully chipper." He came over to her with a cup of coffee. She took it from him with a little smile of thanks. He gave her a quick kiss. Her knees wobbled again. That strange attraction between them hadn't been diminished by daylight as she'd expected.

Best fantasy you've ever come up with. She thought with a sigh.

"I had a fantastic night." He winked at her then gestured to the island and the stools tucked under the open end. "Why don't you have a seat while I finish up?"

She padded over to where he'd indicated and carefully hiked herself up onto a stool. He had turned back to the stove so he missed the little grimace that crossed her face. It was only a minute before he was dishing eggs onto plates and carrying them to her side of the island. He kissed her again after depositing hers in front of her and then took his seat.

Looking at him she couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. A knot of fear wedged itself firmly in her stomach. What she had done the previous night, going home with a virtual stranger, was by far the most reckless she'd been since before she'd met her ex. She wanted to be excited that she'd finally taken a step toward getting on with her life. Eric smiled at her.

And what a step. She thought.

The man was beyond potent, she decided. He was just plain overwhelming. The urge to immerse herself in his fantasy equally as tantalizing.

From their online conversations she knew he was funny and kind. In person he was stunningly handsome, sweet, and unbelievably sexy.

Not to mention fucking incredible in bed. She thought. And he wanted her? Bullshit. Things like that don't happen. Not to someone like me. Life isn't a fairy tale and I'm not a long lost princess. This prince charming isn't meant for me.

Across the granite from her Eric had no idea of the war raging inside her brain. Part of her wanted to believe his desire to get to know someone before springing his incredible self on them was genuine. Another part, the damaged part, insisted that it was a game for him. A very mean little game. All of it was just too perfect, he was too perfect, to be real. Unfortunately she was a bit of an expert on that sort of deception.

It wouldn't be that much of a stretch really. She thought. A man bored with easy prey going after someone like me. A challenge.

She sighed to herself as the damaged part won out and she decided that had to be the case. She didn't want to play anymore.

She took a bite of eggs and smiled slightly. "You're very good at this."

"Eggs are pretty easy but thank you."

"I meant this." She gestured at the two of them. "It's all very tempting."

"You think this is an act?"

She looked down at her plate, ignoring the hurt tone in his voice. "Isn't it?"

"No." His fork clinked against the plate as he set it down. "Jess." She looked at him. "It's not."

"That's very hard to believe," she said stiffly. "You could have any woman you want."

"I want you," he said softly and reached for her hand.

She squeezed his fingers then took a breath before releasing them and pulling her hand back. "One night." She slid off the stool. "That's what you asked for." He reached for her but she stepped back.

"I said I want more." The look in his eyes froze her to the spot for a second.

"I need to go." She turned and fled up the stairs. Tears blinded her as she searched for her clothes. It took her a minute to find them and yank them on. Before she could turn her eyes fell on his shirt where she'd tossed it onto the bed. She grabbed it and held it to her face, drinking in his unique scent one last time.

"Don't leave." His voice made her jump and drop the shirt. "You know I'm right, there's something more between us." She shook her head. "Yes there is. Deep down you can feel it and you're just afraid to let yourself believe."

"I can't do this," she said softly.

"Jess." He was right behind her and for a second she ached to lean back and feel his arms wrap around her.

"Please don't." She turned and looked up at him.

He took her face in his hands gently and kissed her softly. "I know you're scared but I will never hurt you like that."

Tears slid down her cheeks as she stared at his lips. She wanted to believe him so badly it made her chest ache. Her hands reached up and pressed his against her skin. "Goodbye Eric." She kissed him then pulled his hands away then turned towards the door, ignoring how her body was begging her to turn back and throw herself into his arms.

He followed her down the stairs to the front door and waited with her while the elevator sped up to his floor. It arrived took quickly for him to think of something to say to change her mind.

"I want more," he said as she stepped into the car. Her hands clenched as she took in the look in his eyes.

As the doors slid shut he heard her say softly, "Me too."