Entangled Pt. 04

Story Info
It all seemed so perfect...
8.2k words
4.57
8.2k
14

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jess woke up alone in the big bed. She looked over at the en suite, the door was open, the light off. She flipped on to her back and stretched for a minute before flopping back down with a lusty sigh. She closed her eyes and smiled. Other than the little scene in the washroom the previous night had been amazing. It had left her with several fabulous memories that she could hang on to for a very long time.

She sat up, spotted Eric's robe on the bench, and scooted down to the end of the bed to grab it. She tied the belt as she walked to the washroom. The sleeves fell several inches past her fingertips but they were still rolled up from the last time she'd worn it, which had been the previous morning.

After washing her face she grabbed the toothbrush that Eric had put there for her the week after he'd carried her into the library. She smiled around the brush as her gaze fell on the bottles in the shower.

Eric had spent the night in her little rental house two weeks after they'd met. A week later she'd discovered a bottle of the same kind of shampoo that she used in his shower. When she asked him about it he just smiled and said he liked the way it smelled. She retaliated by buying a bottle of body wash that he used and put it in a prominent spot along her tub. She didn't get the reaction she was expecting though. When he walked out of the washroom with a towel wrapped around his hips he sought her out in the kitchen, where she was putting coffee on to brew, kissed her soundly, and then wandered back to her room to get dressed. She stood there dumbfounded for several seconds before following him.

"That didn't creep you out?" she asked.

"Why would I be creeped out?" He gave her a sweet smile while zipping up his jeans. "Were you creeped out by the shampoo?"

"You have to admit it's a little—"

"Thoughtful?" The cheeky smile he gave her, and her body's response to that smile, ended the discussion before she could formulate a better argument to throw at him. It may have been the lingering effects of a toe curling orgasm that made her decide, in the end, that he was right. It was very thoughtful of him.

After she'd finished in the washroom she headed for the stairs. The heavenly aroma of cinnamon and coffee hit her as she reached the midway point of her journey. She paused in the doorway and took a deep breath.

Eric was at the stove, dutifully preparing french toast, in just a pair of deep blue pajama bottoms. She smiled as she watched him expertly flip golden slices of bread then turn away to slice up strawberries while the second sides finished cooking. He was humming softly while he moved. She stifled a laugh when his hum went off tune slightly.

Her eyes closed for a moment and she pictured him where he was but with one minor change. In her mind she saw a little dark haired boy, around the same age as Emily, sitting on the counter next to Eric's elbow. Between flipping slices of bread Eric would reach over and smooth his hair then lean down to accept the slice of strawberry the little boy offered to him. The little boy smiled and it was a miniature version of the McAllister smile that made her heart flip over in her chest.

Her head tilted and she caught her bottom lip with her teeth. It was the first time in her adult life that the thought of a child didn't scare the hell out of her.

But does he want that with you?

"Are you staring at my ass again?" Eric asked as he looked over his shoulder at her.

She smiled as she came back to herself. "Among other things."

"Oh ya?" He turned back and lifted the pan from the stove to slid the finished toast onto a plate sitting on the warmer section between the back burners.

She moved behind him and slid her hands around his waist to splay her fingers against his abs. "Umm hmm." She pressed her lips against his back while he dipped another slice of bread into the egg mixture, moved it into the pan then wiped his hands on the towel that was laying on the counter. He took a step toward the coffee maker and chuckled as she stumbled along with him.

"Coffee?" It was a silly question. He knew Jess was not a morning person, she loved to sleep in on the weekends, and she always needed a jolt of caffeine to propel her into wakefulness. It was a quirk that he enjoyed since he often had to get up early to check on numbers for work and could come back to a nice warm bed with a naked Jess to cuddle up to.

She scooted under his arm to get to the coffee with a little groan. "You know—" she took a sip and sighed. "You make it very hard to think this isn't a fantasy."

"What do you mean?" He stepped back to check the toast.

"Well, last night and then this." She waved her hand at the stove.

"You held up your end of the of our deal," he said with a little shrug. She smiled then turned to go sit at the island. "Wait a sec." He caught her arm before she could get out of his reach. "Don't go so far away." He glanced at the pan then turned, gripped her waist, lifted her up, and set her on the island. She sat sipping her hot coffee and watched as he flipped the toast over then grabbed the pan and slid it off the burner. He came back to her, took the coffee mug from her and set it down. "I was thinking." She opened her knees as his hips slid between them. "You should skip class today and hang out with me."

She smiled. "And do what?"

"Be naked," he said as he brushed his lips along her jaw.

"And?"

"That's not enough?" He pulled her butt closer to the edge and pressed himself against her. "Tough crowd." His hands tugged the knot on the front of his robe. His hands pulled it open then slid inside to cup her breasts. His thumbs grazed her nipples in a slow sweep. They responded to his touch quickly, tightening into hard peaks of excitement. He growled in her ear. "Just like this." His hands slid around her butt where is was resting on the cool stone with only the thin material of his robe to protect her skin from the chill, and tugged her closer. She laughed softly as his lips grazed her neck, then reached for the waistband of his pajama bottoms to ease them down. Her fingers wrapped around his hard length. His hips shifted back slightly, giving her just enough room to aim him. Her breath caught as he pressed forward, penetrating her with the first inch. Her hands found his shoulders, her legs wrapped themselves around his hips as he slid further. His hands cupped her butt and lifted her slightly. He drove his shaft deep and smiled at her little cry. "Say yes," he whispered against her lips then pulled back, quickly reversed course, and thrust hard.

"Oh god yes!" she cried softly.

He set her down but held her in place as his pace increased. His gaze fell to where their bodies were coming together. She looked down briefly, watching how they fit together. When she looked up Eric was staring at her intently. "You are so sexy," he murmured as he leaned closer and kissed her hard.

She slid her hand from his shoulder to the back of his neck and held him there for several minutes.

You're a fucking dream come true. She thought as his speed increased, driving her towards the edge.

She kept her hand on the back of his neck, the other palm pressed against the counter top as she tried to push herself closer to his rhythm. He pulled her into his thrusts, the way he knew drove her crazy. Their bodies banged against each other with a sexy slap that she arched into as her eyes closed and her world exploded into sparkling lights. He groaned deeply as he leapt into ecstasy with her, slamming his shaft all the way in and staying there as he spilled himself into her.

Her head fell back and she smiled at him as her legs dropped from his hips to dangle with a limp wobble. "Still not fighting fair I see," she said breathlessly.

"I never will when you're the prize," he said with a grin then gave her a soft kiss.

"I smell something fucking delicious!" Blake yelled from the front door.

Jess yanked the robe closed and tied it as she hopped off the counter. Eric reached down and snagged his bottoms. They just slid into place as Blake strolled into the kitchen, still in his tux from the previous night. The only difference was his tie was missing, his shirt was open almost to his waist, and there was red lipstick along the collar.

"Good morning," Jess called over her shoulder as she scurried off to the washroom.

"Did I interrupt something?" Blake asked as he bee-lined to the coffee maker.

Eric turned from washing his hands. "If you'd been five minutes earlier I would have had to beat you."

"You could try," Blake said with a wink. "What's for breakfast?" He moved to the stove to get a look. "French toast, perfect."

Jess came back from the washroom and stood on the other side of the island as Blake grabbed plates for Eric to dish up then slid her coffee cup over to her. She grinned at his wink.

"You don't look like you've been home yet," she said to Blake as she lifted her mug to her lips.

Blake turned from pulling a bottle of syrup out of cupboard and set it front of her. "Nope, the party went very late."

"You're a delinquent," Eric said as he handed a plate to Blake who set it down in front of Jess and turned for another. She picked up the syrup, flipped the lid open, and drizzled it over the slices of golden brown toast arranged on the plate. Eric walked around the island to sit next to her. She took a bite, almost fell off her stool as the delightful taste hit her, then leaned against Eric's arm with a little sigh.

"I think she likes it," Blake said as he pointed his fork at her.

No. She thought as Eric looked at her with a smile. She loves it. She loves all of it.

***

Five weeks later Eric left a very sleepy Jess in his bed, grabbed his suitcase, went back for another kiss goodbye, checked to make sure her alarm was set on her phone, then went downstairs to the car that was waiting to take him to the airport. An hour and a half later, just before the jet was about to take its place in the lineup waiting to taxi to its assigned runway, he texted her a good morning.

He pulled out a stack of papers his assistant had printed off for him. She'd set up an appointment with a designer for the end of his first day in London and he wanted to have an idea of what he wanted made before he arrived. He hadn't decided on when he was going to give the ring to Jess but he wanted it to be ready for when the right moment presented itself.

As he started looking over pictures his phone buzzed with Jess' reply.

Have a good flight xoxo

If he'd have known what was coming he would have gotten off the plane.

***

Made it to London. Just on my way to the hotel. Wish you could have come with me.

Eric typed a quick text on the cab ride to the hotel. Jess didn't reply. He told himself the lack of communication was due to the time difference.

He got to his room, unpacked, had a shower, then took a picture of the view to send to Jess.

Maybe this will convince you to come next time?

She didn't reply.

He went down to the restaurant off the lobby and had dinner. At dinner he looked over his itinerary for the next week. It was packed with meetings. He finished his wine then ordered another when the server came by. While he waited for his drink to arrive he checked his phone but there were no new texts.

I miss your smile.

She didn't reply.

He frowned as he stared at the screen.

Hey, are you at work?He texted Blake.

After a minute Blake answered.Where else would I be?

You know the time change messes me up. Are you hanging with Jess tonight?

I hadn't planned on it. Do you want me to?

No, it's okay. She might have something else planned.

Is everything okay?

Just have an odd feeling.

It's the jet lag. Get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning.

You're probably right.

***

When he got up in the morning she still hadn't responded. He didn't have a lot of time to dwell until the end of the day when he met the ring designer. Briefly he wondered if she had somehow found out about his plans and had a massive freak-out. It was a stretch given how careful he'd been by only dealing with it at his office but Jess had experience with digging for information. As he sat looking at samples he decided that couldn't have been it, she was just busy.

He ordered room service when he got back to the hotel. After he ate he tried calling her. It went right to voice mail.

"Jess it's me," he said with a little sigh. "I really miss the sound of your voice. Call me back when you have a minute."

She didn't call before he slid under the blankets and turned off the light.

***

On the second day of his trip he ran out of excuses to tell himself. By mid day his worry turned into fear. It was impossible to concentrate on what was being said while visions of Jess lying broken and bleeding kept invading his thoughts.

During the lunch break he texted Blake.Have you heard from Jess?

It was still early morning at home so it took a few minutes for Blake to reply.

Not today. Is everything okay?

I don't know. She's not answering her phone.

She's probably just busy. I'll stop by your place on my way into the office if it'll make you feel better.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

***

Eric's condo was empty when Blake let himself in. He went upstairs to peek into the bedroom. Nothing was out of place, the bed was made, there were no signs that anything was amiss. He looked around briefly and decided she had spent the night at her place.

On his way out he stopped in the kitchen. There wasn't even a cup in the sink. Everything was spotless. He frowned as he stood there. His gaze went to the staircase. There hadn't been any stray garments on the bench in the bedroom, not like there usually was. He went to the library and looked around quickly. The little table next to the winged back chair was bare. After Jess had become more comfortable in their situation she usually had one or two books at the ready in case Eric was working late or if she was hanging out in there while he was working at home.

Things had been going well between them hadn't they? He asked himself as he strode through the condo, locked the door behind him, and hit the button for the elevator.

He drove to her place and when there was no answer to his loud knocks on the front door he sent Eric the news.

She wasn't at your place.

Did you check her place?

I'm there now. If she's here she's not answering.

Where the hell could she be?

Maybe she went into work already?

You're probably right. Thanks for checking.

No problem.

Blake stared at his phone for a minute as he sat in his car.

Hey lady, you're starting to freak him out. You should call him back before he does something drastic.

He checked his phone after he reached the office and parked. She did not reply.

"Where the fuck are you?" he muttered.

***

Blake left work early that day. Jess was Eric's girlfriend but she was also his friend and her silence was starting to worry him too,

There was no answer when he knocked on her front door. He peeked through a side window and saw a small pile of mail under the slot in the door. He checked the back door, it was locked, there was no answer when he knocked.

As he was heading back to his car he spotted a middle aged woman heading up the walk of the house next door. He followed her.

"Excuse me," he called. She turned. "I'm sorry to bother you."

She backed up a step as she took him in. "Yes?"

"Do you know the woman that lives there?" He pointed to Jess' house.

She looked over at the little blue one story. "Not well." She looked back at him. "She's very quiet, keeps to herself, but she seems nice."

"Have you seen her lately?"

"Not for a few days but that's been happening a lot lately." Her voice softened. "I thought there might be a new man in her life, keeping her busy."

"There is, my brother," he said as he looked back at the little house.

She smiled for a moment. "Why are you asking if I've seen her?"

"He's out of town and hasn't heard from her for a couple days. We're getting a little worried." He pulled out his wallet and slid a business card free. "Would you mind calling if you see her?"

She took the card after a moment. "Sure." She turned to go inside then turned back when she got to the door. "I hope she's okay."

"Me too," Blake said softly then lifted his hand in a little wave before turning to walk to his car.

His next stop was the dance studio where she took classes several times a week. In spite of the dark clouds looming on his horizon he grinned at the little ballerina's standing in somewhat of a line outside one of the rooms as he made his way to the front desk.

A very pretty blonde perched on a stool behind the desk eyed him suspiciously till he turned the full volume of his smile on her. "Hi," she said brightly.

"Hi," he said as he leaned on the desk. "I was wondering if Jess Schaffer was in class today?"

"I haven't seen her yet but the class she takes doesn't start for another hour."

His smile flattened into a line. "Damn."

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

"I haven't been able to reach her."

She slid forward on the stool. "Would you like me to give her a message if I see her?"

"Sure, just tell her Blake needs to talk to her," he said as he straightened.

"I'll let her know you stopped by." She looked up at the big clock hanging over the entrance leading to the rooms in the back. "I should run."

"Thanks for your help," Blake said as he turned and waded through the little dancers filing past him.

Jess wasn't in class that night.

***

That night Blake did something he hadn't done in a year, he went home and stayed there. He spent most of his evening checking his phone. It was after midnight when he drifted off on the big leather couch in his living room. An hour later he was woken by his phone ringing.

It was Eric. "Sorry," he said.

"It's okay," Blake said with a yawn.

"Have you heard anything?"

"Nope," Blake answered as he sat up and ran a hand through his hair.

"Where could she be?" A thump echoed across the line as Eric's hand connected with something.

"No idea man. I talked to a neighbour, she hadn't seen her in a few days. They hadn't seen her at the dance studio. Maybe she changed to another one?"

"She might have but why hasn't she been home?"

"Staying with a friend?"

"Maybe," Eric said with a sigh. "I should come home."

"Give it another day." Blake yawned again. "I'll go by her office tomorrow. Have you checked with Row?"

"Not yet," Eric said softly. "I didn't want her to worry too."

"I'm going to try to get some sleep," Blake said as he stood. "I'll let you know if I find anything."

"Okay."

"We'll find her."

"You're right. Thanks Blake."

Blake disconnected the line and walked to his room to flop onto the bed fully clothed. He didn't fall back to sleep right away though. Instead he spent several minutes combing through all the texts he had from Jess, looking for any other places she had mentioned. There were none. Until Eric had come along she'd been living a very quiet life.

So where the hell are you? He thought as he drifted off.

***

The next morning Blake arrived at the office building Jess worked in before it opened. The security guards wouldn't give him any information though. He asked to see her supervisor. She was just as tight lipped as the uniformed sentinels behind the security desk.

"Look," Blake said, his frustration clearly etched on his handsome face. "You don't have to tell me if she's here but if you see her can you please tell her Eric is worried about her." The woman's eyes widened slightly. "So am I actually."