Entangled Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he watched her idly she squatted down and dragged her hand through a wave that had enveloped her feet. Blake moved closer to the water then looked over at the woman. She was in the same position, looking out at the ocean. Blake's steps angled slightly and he moved toward her. He got about twenty feet from her and slowed. There was something familiar about the way she was moving her hand through the water. The breeze coming off the water whipped her long hair across her face. She reached up with her dry hand and pushed it away. Blake stopped, his throat worked as his mouth opened but nothing came out. Her head fell forward and she took a big breath which she let out slowly, as if she was trying to brace herself for something. Or against something.

As she stood slowly and lifted her head Blake finally got his voice to work. "Jess?" Her head turned and Blake stepped forward. She was thinner than she'd been the last time he saw her, her hair was lighter, and her skin had a definite sun kissed glow but it was her. She squinted against the sun as she looked at him. He wasn't sure what kind of reaction he had been expecting but the glare in her eyes wasn't on that list. Her hands clenched into fists as her gaze swept over him.

They both spoke. "What are you doing here?"

Jess took a step toward him as he smiled slightly. "You're alive," he said.

"Were you in on it?" she asked.

He frowned. "In on what?"

She turned to walk back to the resort, took two stomping steps forward as Blake rushed toward her. "Of course you were. The two of you are thick as fucking thieves," she spat at him.

"What are you talking about?" He reached out to grab her arm.

She pulled it out of his reach and angled her steps away from him. "Don't you dare touch me."

"Jess, wait." He changed direction with her.

She stopped suddenly and rounded on him. "Did you enjoy it? Did the two of you laugh about it?"

"What—"

"I knew you were a womanizing asshole but that was just fucking cruel." She spun away and started stomping across the sand.

Blake stood for a second then took off after her. "Jess—"

"Fuck off," she cried. "You had your fun. Just leave me alone."

"Wait!" He got ahead of her and blocked her path. She tried to move around him but he grabbed her shoulders and held her still. "What the fuck are you talking about?" She'd turned her head to look away from him but he could see the tears running down her cheek.

"You let me believe you were my friend," she whispered.

"I am your friend—"

"Liar." She looked up at him. "If you were you wouldn't have let him do that to me."

Blake stared at her in confusion. "Do what?"

"Tell Eric I got his letter." She pulled free of his grip. "And I sincerely hope he rots in hell!" She bolted towards the pool. By the time Blake had collected himself and moved to follow she had already ran down the hallway to hurry up the staircase. Blake came to a stop in the foyer and watched her retreating back.

After a minute he turned to the front desk. Evelyn was there, looking at him with the same demure smile that she'd worn earlier. "That woman," he said as he approached the desk.

"Jessica?" Evelyn asked.

"Yes," he said with a little smile. "I want her."

She looked at the screen in front of her. "She's scheduled for the training session tonight. Perhaps tomorrow? We have others available—"

"No. I want her tonight." His smile disappeared. "Or will that be a problem?"

"Of course not," she said quickly. "I'll let Francois know right away."

He gave her a nod then turned away to go to the stairs. "Just out of curiosity," he said as he turned back. "I noticed the red bracelet. Who is her patron?"

Evelyn's smile wavered for a second. "She belongs to your father."

Blake turned away and marched up the stairs. Once he was inside his room he let the mask of disinterest fall away and raked his hands through his hair. He needed more information before he called Eric.

What had Jess been crying about? What was in the letter she yelled about? And more importantly, how had she ended up in Francois' compound being trained to be their father's concubine?