Entangled Pt. 08

Story Info
And now for the hard part.
6.6k words
4.58
6.5k
10

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

An hour into the flight home Eric was sitting at the end of one of the bench seats, watching Jess. She was curled up with a blanket, fast asleep. Blake was sprawled across the other one, out cold, snoring softly. Ryan was still sitting at the table with Jackson and Malcolm. Jackson had finished deleting Jess' videos off Francois' system. He'd set aside his laptop and picked up a book to occupy his time for the rest of the flight. Ryan and Malcolm were discussing the next steps.

Eric got up, walked to the table, and took the empty seat next to Ryan. "I can't thank you guys enough for getting her back," he said. Jackson lifted a hand to wave off his statement. "I know you were putting your lives at risk."

"It's our job," Malcolm said as he sat back in his seat.

"About that," Ryan said. "We should talk about what happened."

Eric looked at him. "You got her out. What else do I need to know?"

"She might be in shock after last night," Ryan said. Eric's eyes narrowed.

"I had to kill a guy," Jackson said quietly.

"Did she see it?" Eric asked.

"I don't think so, she was looking at me," Ryan said. "But the guy had a hold of her at the time."

"Back up and explain this to me," Eric said.

Ryan briefly went through what happened with the guard. By the end of his short narrative Eric had leaned over in his chair to look at Jess. "She didn't scream or even cry. She just said she wants to go home," Ryan said.

"You should be proud of her. I've know men that couldn't have held it together as well as she did," Malcolm said. "If she ever wants a job I'm sure we can find a place for her."

"Fuck no," Eric said as he sat back. "After this I'm never letting her out of my sight again."

"Come on, with a little firearms training I'll bet she could do some damage," Jackson said with a grin.

"The point of telling you about that was so you can be prepared for when she comes out of it," Ryan said with a pointed look at Eric.

"Like a break down?" Eric asked.

"There's really no one way a person handles these kinds of things. She been through a lot though," Ryan answered.

Eric looked at him for a moment. "I'll do what I can if that happens."

"Let me know if you need help," Jackson said as he picked up his book.

Eric snorted. "You?"

Jackson shrugged. "Damsels seem to be drawn to me." He flipped the book open.

"Must be the grossly out of proportion shoulders," Ryan said with a smirk.

Jackson grinned at him. "Lots of room to rest their sweet little heads."

"Stay away from her," Eric said and pointed a finger at him.

"That's gonna be tough for the next few weeks," Jackson said.

Eric sighed heavily. "I need a way in so I can get her contract away from him."

"We're working on it," Malcolm said. "And in the meantime we'll look after her for you."

Eric gave him a nod then sat back with a distracted smile.

Work faster. He said to himself as he glanced at the men in front of him. This needs to end soon.

***

Jess was quiet during the drive to Eric's condo. She was sitting next to Eric in the back of Ryan's car. As they cruised through the city she carefully avoided looking at Blake, who was in the front passenger seat. Instead she watched the buildings whiz by and listened to the conversation taking place between the men.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with us?" Ryan asked. "We have enough room for everyone."

"I don't want to disrupt Row or the kids," Eric answered then reached over and took Jess' hand. "We should be fine at the condo, but thank you."

Ryan glanced at Jess in the rear view mirror. "Row sent some clothes over for you. She said to let her know what you need and she'll go pick it up."

"That was really sweet. Will you thank her for me?"

"I'm sure you'll be able to do that yourself soon. God knows we won't be able to keep her away from you for long," Ryan said with a smile. A minute later he guided the car into the parking garage under Eric's building. Malcolm and Jackson pulled in behind then parked in a visitor's spot. When Ryan cut the engine Blake was the first one out of the car.

He hurried around it and opened Jess' door. As soon as she stood up he pulled her into his arms and tucked his face close to her ear. "He doesn't know about us," he whispered.

"You didn't tell him?" she whispered back.

"I wanted to talk to you first."

"We'll do that soon." She pulled back to look up at him. "Thank you for all your help." His arms slid down as she took a step back. "You really are a good guy."

"Sometimes," he said with a little smile. "Here." He reached into his jacket and pulled a phone out from an inner pocket. "Ryan picked this up for you. In case you had to leave yours behind."

"Why do you have it?" she asked as she held out her hand.

"I wanted to make sure you have my number," he said. "Remember what I told you." She nodded as she slid the phone into her jacket pocket. "I mean it. Anytime."

"Can I get one?" Ryan asked as he pushed Blake aside and held his arms open to Jess.

She accept his hug with a smile. "How will I ever thank you?"

"I'm just happy you're back." He gave her a quick squeeze. "Our numbers are in your new phone. Call if you need anything."

"Give Row a big hug for me." She slid her arms down. "I've missed you guys."

He nodded then took a step back. "You did a good job getting through that." The happy sparkle in his eyes vanished as his eyes searched hers. "All of it. Don't let go of that strength." He glanced over her shoulder at Eric then lowered his voice. "And if Malcolm or Jackson offer to show you any self defense moves take them up on it."

She frowned as she looked over at the mercenaries. They were busy unloading bags from the other car. "I thought everything was done."

"Not yet," Eric said as he moved behind her. "They're going to be staying with us for a bit." He caught her hand then looked at Ryan.

Ryan reached over and pushed Blake toward the front of the car. "We'll see you soon," he said then opened his door. He paused to give Malcolm and Jackson a little salute then got in and fired up the engine. Blake gave the couple a little smile before joining him.

They watched Ryan's car pull away. "I'll leave the door open," Eric called to Malcolm then turned and led Jess to the elevator. He held her hand in a firm grip until they were inside his condo. When he let her go she walked through the rooms slowly and stopped in the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" he asked as he followed her.

She shook her head. "I'd really like a shower."

"Sure," he said with a wave at the stairs. "I put the stuff Row sent over in my closet."

"Thanks." She smiled at him then walked to the stairs. "Eric." She stopped with her foot on the bottom step. "I—" She swallowed hard then waved her hands weakly. "I missed you— even when I thought—" She sucked in a breath as she looked down. "You didn't want me."

He moved forward to pull her into his arms. "Shhh," he murmured as his hand cupped the back of her head. "That was never true." He pressed his lips against her hair and closed his eyes as her body shook with the sobs she was trying to hold back. Her hands gripped his shirt tightly. Behind them the front door opened and Jackson stepped inside with Malcolm on his heels. They kicked off their shoes and continued through the condo till they reached the kitchen. Eric rubbed her back gently. "I'll get them situated while you shower."

She nodded then pulled away from him and wiped at her cheeks. "Sorry," she said with a sheepish smile.

"Don't apologize," Malcolm said as he moved around Jackson. "If you didn't cry I'd worry about you."

"Cause that would make you a psycho," Jackson said with a wink.

"In that case, I hope you stocked up on tissue," she said to Eric. He smiled widely.

"If not, I'll run out and get a case of it for you," Jackson said then jerked his head at the stairs. "But right now, I need you to scoot. I think all the gear got packed in my bag."

Jess turned and hurried up the stairs. Once she reached the landing she turned to watch as Eric led the other down the hall to the spare bedrooms. After a second she went to Eric's room, straight to the en suite. She flipped the water on in the shower, quickly striped off her clothes, and piled them on the counter next to a still in the package tooth brush. She smiled as her fingers grazed the marble counter top. When she turned to enter the shower enclosure her gaze fell on the freshly laundered fluffy white bathrobe hanging next to the towel bar. She took it as signs that Eric had been sure of her return.

"I'm glad one of us had some confidence."

***

Eric waited in the kitchen while Jess showered, absentmindedly made coffee, wiped already clean counters, then started on a shopping list. Jackson was the first one to come down. He helped himself to the coffee took a seat on one of the stools to watch Eric try to keep himself busy.

Ten minutes later Malcolm came down the stairs. "Are there any good pizza places around?" he asked Eric. When Eric didn't answer he turned to Jackson.

"Eric?" Jackson said loudly.

"What?" Eric looked at him for a second then frowned.

"Pizza?" Jackson prompted.

"There's some take out menus in the drawer next to the fridge," Eric said as he moved toward the stairs.

"Hold up," Malcolm called to him. "Give her a few more minutes."

"Ya, and help me pick a pizza place," Jackson said over his shoulder. He pulled out a handful of menus and waved them in the air.

"Jess likes Marco's," Eric said as he came back to the island. "They do a really good thin crust."

"Thin crust isn't pizza," Malcolm said.

"I know but she likes it," Eric replied with a shrug. "Look over the menu. I'm going to check on her."

"Resist the urge to hover," Malcolm said as he sat down.

"I'm not," Eric said.

"You are," Jackson said as he slid a menu over to Malcolm.

"She's had her every fucking move monitored since your dad got his hands on her," Malcolm said. Eric stared at his bent head. "Give her a little space."

"I'm just going to ask her what she wants," Eric said then turned away to march up the stairs. When he entered his bedroom Jess wasn't there. The door to the en suite was open, the light was off. He turned away and rushed to the walk in closet. He flung the door open and came to a stop.

Jess was standing in front of a long white garment bag. She sniffed softly as her hand fell away from it. His heart dropped down to dangle somewhere around his knees. The bag was open and a slice of scarlet material was visible between the two halves. She didn't turn or acknowledge his entrance into the room. "It started that night," she said softly.

"When he first saw you." He inched closer to her, his hands reached for her shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me about him, about what he was like?" She sniffled. "Why didn't you warn me?" His eyes closed and his hands dropped before he touched her. "Why?"

"You're right, I should have said something."

"Why didn't you?" His hands clenched at his sides. She spun around to face him. "Wasn't I worth even one little 'hey my dad's a dick, you should stay away from him'?"

"That wasn't it." He opened his eyes and she stepped back. They were filled with pain.

She swallowed hard. "What then?" she whispered.

"I was afraid—"

"Of what?" She spread her hands open in front of her, palms up.

"That if you knew what I came from you'd believe I was the same as that prick I have to call my father."

"That's fucking dumb," she hissed as her hands curled into balls of anger.

"Is it?" He stepped toward her. "Is it really that hard to believe after my brother showed up on that fucking island, looking for a concubine of his very own?"

Her head dropped forward and she stared at the floor. "He's not like your dad," she said.

"You can say that now but before you left—"

"I was taken," she growled. "If I had known what a conniving cunt he is I wouldn't have gone anywhere near him."

"You're right. I should have explained. The only excuse I have, the only one that really matters, is that I was afraid it would give you a reason to run." The tension in her shoulders melted. He closed the gap between them and pulled her against his chest. "I didn't want to lose you."

Both of them started as a soft knock interrupted them. Jackson poked his head into the room. "Hey guys, sorry to break this up but Malcolm just got a call from Ryan." He looked at Eric. "Your dad knows Blake was there."

***

As soon as Eric left with Jackson Jess rushed to the en suite, grabbed her new phone, and fired off a text to Blake.

Where are you?

It took a minute for him to reply. At Ryan and Row's.

Does your dad know you're there?

Not sure. I'm not answering his calls.

If he knows you were on the island he could know about us. We have to tell Eric before he does. Jess leaned back against the door while she waited for his reply. After a minute with nothing she pushed herself away from the door and got dressed while trying to keep her eyes on the screen. When she was done he still hadn't replied, she snatched it up and typed another message. I'm sorry. I know you wanted to talk about it but we can't lie to him.

I just thought we could give him a couple of days before dumping more on him, you know?

I know but it'll be worse if we wait. Jess stared a the screen for a second then set the phone down. She covered her face with her hands then pushed them through her hair with a rough sigh.

We should do it together. He wrote. Hold on a minute. I'm going to talk to Ryan.

Jess grabbed the phone and shoved it into the pocket of her running jacket, yanked open the door, then walked to the top of the stairs. Her phone dinged as she was walking down the stairs. She pulled it out and read the text quickly.

Hey Jess. It was Ryan. Don't say anything yet. We'll be by in a bit.

Okay. She typed her reply, dropped the phone back in her pocket, and continued on her way to the kitchen. Eric was sitting at the island with Jackson and Malcolm.

"There's coffee," Jackson said as he lifted his mug from the counter.

"Thanks," she murmured as she went to grab a mug from the cabinet.

Malcolm looked up from his phone. "Ryan and Blake are coming by so we can talk about what we want to do about this."

"Marcus has to have to figured out where I am," Jess said as she tried to pour coffee into the mug. The carafe rattled against the rim, coffee spilled over the side. "Shit," she muttered then set the carafe back on the burner and grabbed a paper towel.

"Here." Malcolm got up and grabbed the mug from the counter so she could wipe under it. "We'll be here if things get crazy," he said softly. She looked up at him and he gave her a nod.

"You okay with pepperoni and bacon?" Jackson asked.

"I'm not hungry," she said as she took the mug from Malcolm and went to sit at the island. She chose the seat at the end of the counter, away from where the men had congregated.

Jackson waved his phone in her direction. "More for me." He typed something in his phone and set it down with a satisfied smile.

"Has Marcus called?" she asked Eric.

"I didn't answer," Eric said. He looked down at his phone. It was sitting on the counter, screen down.

"Maybe I should call him." All three men looked at her. She wrapped her hands around the mug and stared into it. "I could try to keep him from dragging you and Blake into it."

Eric moved from the stool he was sitting on to the one next to her. "We're already in it." He took one of her hands and squeezed it. "And I really don't give a fuck what he tries to do, you're not going back to him."

***

Blake and Ryan arrived forty minutes later, ten minutes after the delivery guy left.

"Long time no see," Jackson said with a wink.

"What can I say," Ryan said as he came up behind the big man and grabbed his shoulders. "I missed the abuse."

"Mine or yours?" Jackson asked with a laugh.

"How are Row and the kids?" Eric asked.

"Happy we're home, a little miffed that we had to run out so soon," Ryan said. "I'm going to change the combination on my gun safe in case she decides to hunt Marcus down herself."

Malcolm laughed. "She's a good shot. Maybe we should let her take a crack at him."

"She knows how to use a gun?" Jess asked.

Ryan smiled at her. "I taught her before we got married." He glanced at Eric then turned his gaze back to Jess. "I can take you to the range sometime if you'd like."

"I don't think so," she said with a quick shake of her head.

"So," Blake said as he went to the fridge and pulled the door open. Everyone watched as he pulled out a beer and turned back to them. "I've had some texts from dear ol' dad. Should I suggest a meeting?"

"I already said no," Ryan said.

"I agree," Eric said.

"Send me instead," Jess said softly.

"What?" Blake blurted the word out.

"Hold on," Jackson said as he held a hand up. "She may be on to something."

Eric turned to her. "Why you?"

"He's probably expecting me to hide while you fix things," she said with a shrug,

"It won't work," Malcolm said as he got up from his seat. He picked up his plate and moved toward the sink. "He'll know it's a trap."

"A trap? What are we planning, an assassination?" Jess threw her hands up.

"Not an entirely bad idea," Ryan said thoughtfully.

"Please tell me you're joking," Jess said.

Blake, who had been avoiding looking at her until then, turned to her with a raised eyebrow. "Well..."

"Don't you want him dead?" Jackson asked. "After what he did?"

She looked down at the counter for a second. "I think that would be letting him off easy." She took at big breath and looked at Eric. "He didn't just hurt me." Eric reached over and covered the hand she had resting on the counter with his own. "I'll never understand how he could do that to you."

"Blake," Malcolm said as he pushed himself away from the counter where he was leaning. "Play dumb."

"What do you mean?" Blake asked.

"Confirm that you were there, saw Jess, and that you were planning to ask him about it before going to Eric," Malcolm answered.

"What about me?" Eric asked.

"You back him up. Tell Marcus you haven't heard from her in months," Ryan said. "Turn it around on him, press for any information he has on her."

"What the point of this?" Blake asked.

"It buys us time," Malcolm said.

"For what?" Jess asked.

"Till things settle down and we can get Eric a face to face with Marcus," Malcolm said. "It's unlikely that he'll agree to see him right now but in a few weeks..." He finished his sentence with a shrug. "If that doesn't work we can pull a bait and switch."

"There's no quick fix to this," Jess said softly.

"Sorry little lady," Jackson said. "They vetoed my storm the castle and take what we want plan."

She smiled slightly. "At least I'm out."

Sensing the conversation was coming to a close Blake caught Jess' eye for a second then glanced at Eric. Jess slid from her stool. "Eric, Jess and I need to talk to you," Blake said as he set the beer bottle down.

"About what?" Eric asked as he looked at Jess.

"It would be better if we had some privacy," she said and took a little step back. Blake walked around the island then veered off toward the library. Jess looked at the others for a second then turned and followed him. When she entered the room Blake was standing in front of the couch.

"I'll tell him," he said as she came to a stop next to him.

"But—"

He shook his head. "You've been through enough."

"What's this about?" Eric asked as he walked through the doorway.

"You might want to sit down," Blake said then took a step back. Jess went to the far end of the couch and sat down.

Eric closed the door, moved to the couch, looked at Jess for a second, then sat in the middle. "What's going on?"

12