Entity Nest Ep. 012: tRAuMa TIES

Story Info
The Devil made him do it! Time to get his Goat!
5.6k words
4.85
2.4k
2
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 12 of the 19 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 10/29/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,869 Followers

Melas, Virginia...

"There it is Melas General Hospital. It sure doesn't look like much does it?"

Erin Parrish pulled into the ER parking reserved for family members, then parked. Turning to her dad Benjamin, who inhabited the body of an overly friendly Great Dane, she frowned at the bigger than a bread box facility. "Alright, let me get in there and see that Izzy gets the care she deserves. Engines on, plenty of gas. Just pull up some back seat and take a nap in the air conditioning. Want the radio on?" Odd to see a canine nodding like a human but it was pretty cool, she found a classic rock station with a clear signal.

"There! Your favorite era. Ironic, isn't it? They're playing the Grateful Dead. Let's hope that isn't an omen, Izzy looked pretty bad. I can't keep losing friends, first Brimley, well, first you, second Brimley. You know what I mean. The girl hasn't even had a chance to live really. I just hope the Belltower cops can track down that manager. Surely, he couldn't have gotten too far. As long as he doesn't come here to finish the job." Opening her door, she patted her dad on the top of his canine head. "Don't put the Rover in gear by accident... Rover." The Dane just shook his head at her humor. His body was big and clumsy so it might have been right to warn him. "Love you dad. Be back to check on you soon."

Closing her door Erin tugged her shirt down as low as it could stretch then made her way toward the ER entrance. Standing at the door was a police officer watching her. A Tom Cruise looking pretty boy around 45. As the automatic door opened to let her in, he stopped her. "Miss Parrish?"

"Yes! Hi!"

"Officer Dan Moody, Melas PD. The Belltower team phoned ahead for me to meet you. They said you might need pants." He grinned then handed her a pair of sweats. "They're mine! I hope you don't mind. I was at home when I got the call. Better than you showing off any goodies and my writing you an indecent exposure ticket."

"Thank you so much Dan. I left home in such a hurry I wasn't thinking. All I cared about was getting to Isabel. You can still cite me if you need to, I'd totally understand."

"Cite has more than one spelling Miss Parrish." He watched her put his sweats on and caught glimpses of her twat facing him, as well as her reflection in the glass of her ass cheeks. "So, I reckon a cite for sore eyes."

"Oh, come on Dan. I do not make your eyes sore." She laughed. "Any word on my girl Izzy?"

"Just got here myself, Let's go find out together." He gallantly waved her in first, "Beauty before age."

"Just a number Dan. Keep this up, I'll give you mine."

"And I would shamelessly accept it." He took point once letting her enter. "The place may not look like much, but we have some pretty topnotch Doc's here. Aftermorn Agnes." He stopped at the front desk to say hello to an older woman who looked to be in her sixties. The woman smiled with missing teeth but was pleasant regardless.

"Hello Danny Boy" A serious rasp in her voice gave Erin the chills. Holding up her sweatpants Dan being much bigger than her even with a taunt drawstring she greeted Agnes on her own.

"How is Isabel?"

"Miss Montoya?" That was the first Erin had heard Izzy's last name. A nod prevented her looking naive. "It's probably too soon to tell. Are you family?"

"She only has a brother in the state. I'm kind of her godmother. Good friend! I look out for her, her father's overseas in the Army. Her brother is supposed to be on his way, he's been in jail."

"I see. As long as Danny there vouches for you."

"I'll stay with Miss Parrish. Mind hitting the button Ms. Bloom?" A buzzing noise allowed them entry. The second they had entered Agnes Bloom winced with interest as if she knew the woman. An eerie sensation crept over Erin suddenly, enough to lift her necklace to see the gem glinting blue off and on faintly, almost as if a heartbeat. Maybe even Morse Code! Surely not!

"You felt it to didn't you Gemma?" She thought in her head wondering if her necklace really did hear her. She truthfully knew nothing about her guardian angel, it had only recently come to establish itself with what seemed to be a sentience. What that meant remained to be seen, but thus far it had appeared to be helpful. It sure let Erin knock Genevieve for a loop. "Help me keep Izzy alive... if you have the power to do that. One of these days you and I need to meditate and talk Missy." Presumably a female. She really had no idea if it even had a sex.

"There's the Doc... go take a seat over there in the waiting room. I'll enquire!"

Dan left her and walked over to an older Doctor standing with a clipboard writing on it. "Sorry to bother you Princeton."

"Daniel! Good to see you, my boy."

"How's the girl?"

"Very serious I'm afraid. She's lost a lot of blood. Her immune system is very low at the moment, BP of concern. Contusions look bad she might have internal issues but right this second, it's about stabilization. I'd say the next four hours will give us a better outlook. If she gains a better set of vitals, we can do x-rays and see if there's any internal damage. Whoever did this to her looked to be very strong. There could even be broken ribs. Does she have kin nearby?"

"A brother in route. Her friend sitting over there."

"Oh, she is a pretty one."

"I know right. I actually think she was flirting with me awhile ago. I might stand a chance."

"Good luck Son. Tell her to say a few prayers."

Dr. Princeton Chalker stepped away after a pat on the officer's shoulder and went in to see his next patient. Dan returned to Erin with the news. Entering the glassed-in waiting room, he took a seat next to Erin and sat forward, elbows on his knees. "Not looking great but there is hope. Dr. Chalker said we should know if she's in the clear in maybe four hours. She's lost a lot of blood. Possible internal injuries to be determined once her vitals get stronger. Have you had lunch?"

"No! I'm fine though. I might need to take some water out to my dog though. I left him in the car with the air on."

"Oh yeah? What kind of dog?"

"Great Dane! Scooby Boo." She chuckled.

"I have me a boxer named Forman. After George."

"Nice! I would have read you as a German Shepard kind of guy."

"Naaa! Too military for my tastes. I wanted a sidekick with personality. Reversing that I'd have thought you might be a lap dog kind of gal."

"I have a poodle at home. Best of both worlds." Wasn't that the truth, living and the dead. All wrapped up into one. "I was in the Army, two tours in Afghanistan before I wizened up. I got tired of desert life. The only positive thing was it was easy to get a good tan. Barracks roof on my day off. Me, sunscreen and a whole lot of Privates."

"By that I presume soldiers to oil you up?"

"There was that kind too." She laughed. "Officer's loved me so I got to sunbathe nude. And for the record? It was rarely the Privates oiling my privates. Top brass, emphasis on my ass."

"You are quite the forward woman Miss Parrish."

"Tough as nails even when I break a few. Someone just suggested I apply for the Belltower PD. Military Police overseas, so I do have the alley cred. That's street cred. Where I was stationed it was all alleyways. I do need a job though. I had a healthy savings but I bought a house 15 miles from Belltower."

"Not much around that part but dense forest. I go hunting out that way. Deer are plentiful during deer season. Got me a twelve point buck last year."

"Nice! Yeah, I bought the old Souillon Mansion."

"Brave lady. I hear that place is seriously haunted. Didn't I hear something about the DeVore's who lived there, the mother was committed to a sanitarium?"

"That's true. I happen to get along with ghosts." She grinned.

"Meet Casper?"

"None by that name but they do like to keep me entertained."

"Oh yeah? You sound pretty fearless. Might be that Belltower job does fit like a glove. I believe our force is looking for a candidate too if you want options."

"I'll tell my girl Kyra. She was overseas with me, both security operatives. Short, sweet, but ballsy." In combat, not so much around spirits. Speaking of spirits, Dan discovered the waiting room TV's remote beside him and switched channels, tired of soap operas. Coming across the History Channel he chuckled.

"Must be binge episode marathon day. Ghost Hunter's still. I was watching that over lunch at home when I got the call. Is that some kind of omen considering where you live?"

Erin glared at the TV for a moment, contemplating the fact her boy toys at Souillon were invested in the show. That and Vienna Edwards stepping from an episode, "Could be."

"Here you can switch it again I need to drain my radiator. Be right back."

"I love mechanics." She grinned accepting the remote. "Don't waste the Manti-freeze."

"Funny Soldier! Hang in there Miss Parrish."

"Erin... or beautiful. I answer to both."

"In that case... hang in there Gorgeous."

"That one I'm on the fence with. But again, I don't mind leaning into fences."

"Beautiful it is." He stepped out. He knew one thing, after he got his sweatpants back, he was going to inhale those things for the rest of his shift. Goddess level! Waiting on Dan to disappear into the restroom Erin hopped up and walked over to the wall mounted TV.

"I know this won't work but I wonder." Raising her right hand up to the screen and palming it she said aloud, "Vienna?" A forehead appeared on the screen as if touching it from the other side. "Holy crap! This isn't even the same episode. How am I making contact?" A palm print covers hers as if an anchor. "Vienna? If you can hear me nod again." A nod as if her forehead beating on the TV screen.

"Good! I just saved a girl named Isabel from whom I believe was your killer. The police are searching for him now. I know the artist sketch I showed you earlier is the man who ran the hotel I stayed at when I first went house hunting here in Virginia. I will not rest until he is behind bars. I'm not certain how I'm even seeing you when I couldn't at my house, outside of your shadows on the TV. Unless... " Erin looks down at Gemma between her breasts over the t-shirt. It was glowing blue. "So that's how. Gemma here is a medium of sorts. Thanks Baby I owe you. What happened earlier when you left my TV then disappeared?" No answer available! The image of Vienna before her did remind her of a Magic 8-Ball wallowing about as if in liquid but not.

"Are you talking to the TV?" A female voice spoke up behind her. Erin had to sever their connection.

"Angela! Hey! I was telling those Ghost Hunter's they were idiots. I live in a haunted house."

"Souillon! Right! This is Rico Montoya, Isabel's brother." Officer Dare guided a young man of 19 in, still cuffed. "Rico? This is Erin she saved Isabel at the hotel."

"Thank you for being there for her." He seemed shy but attentive. A teenage Antonio Banderas he was, with a wire like goatee, if you could call it that, more stray hairs. Since being in jail he had let his appearance go. "May I see my sister?"

"Still in bad shape I'm afraid. I was told the next four... three and a half hours would tell if she survived. Loss of blood was almost bottom of the dipstick. It's nice to meet you, Rico."

"Same! Isabel told me what you did for her. The room over her head, the money and food. Her paycheck to keep her cellphone so she and I may talk."

"That has to be expensive. They charge a fortune for outside calling."

"I took care of that. Like you I have a heart." Angela sighed, "I made sure they spoke daily."

"If that's true it should give us an idea how long that asshole tortured her."

"No call yesterday or the day before." Rico spoke up, "I presumed her cell ran out of minutes."

"Speaking of cell... you will not believe where we found her phone."

"Where was it?"

"Belly of a goat. We called it and Gruff started ringing."

"Insane! Did you find the manager?"

"Not yet! Truman Porter is his name. Moved here from Boston. No criminal record." No reaction even as Vienna slapped the TV set, obviously long-distance eavesdropping. Erin had to palm her necklace as if praying to a crucifix to avoid the blue light's glow within it. That might be hard to explain. Then again, surely, they might have noticed that flickering before she herself caught it. Maybe it only appeared to Erin's notice. It ended up under her shirt just in case, which preempted Vienna's tantrum at least. Obviously, only Erin could hear or see the girl as well. How? Who the hell knows! She was the antenna that picked up signals, the others not quite as receptive.

"I hope you guys don't overlook him due to any squeaky-clean record. He's evidently good at what he's doing to have gotten away with this until now. We don't know for certain he hasn't done this before; he just hasn't slipped up." A glance at the TV Erin warns Vienna in thought only, "I know Sweetie. I have to tread carefully here about what I know for fact, so it doesn't look like I'm involved somehow. I mean I was just joining the Army when you died so that at least keeps my name clear. But I don't need tied to this Truman guy because I stayed at his hotel. They might think I'm some follower in a cult or something. Just be patient Baby." In her heart she knew Vienna could hear her. Indeed! A heart symbol with eerie fingers made noticeable revealed itself to Erin then faded back peacefully. "Good girl! I've got your back."

Returning from the washroom Officer Dan Moody ducked in and said hello to Angela Dare. Old friends it appeared, they seemed to have a charming connection. While they chatted, Erin moved across the room to sit beside Rico. "Hey! Your sister is awesome! She will make it through this."

"She is all I have."

"You have your father, right?"

"He has cast us out. Leaves us to survive the best we can. I have fucked up getting arrested, no job will hire me now. Even if Isabel survives, I cannot provide for her."

"You have 30 days left, correct?"

"Si! With nowhere to go."

"Yeah... about that. I have a really big house out in the country. My roommate and I would love the company if you and Isabel are interested. It gets kind of scary out there in the middle of nowhere. I love it though. It's peaceful! If you don't mind working off your rent, I'll let the two of you camp out there."

"You would do that... for us?"

"Absolutely! Just work on who you need to be. Less booze maybe until you get on your feet better. Even though I drink I'll watch myself too. Thank God pot was legalized." She winked. "Just saying drink responsibly. Fair enough?"

"Si. God bless you Senorita Parrish."

"Erin!"

"Thank you, Erin." As they share a warm smile she wiggles her cell in front of him.

"Sure you don't want to at least call your dad and let him know?"

"Not really! He will bitch about my getting arrested. He wants me to join the Army too. I cannot leave Isabel like that."

"See? That shows me the man you really are. Friends?" She offers a handshake. Even with cuffs on he manages to accept her offer. "30 days goes by quickly Rico. Who knows the state might release you early due to taking care of Izzy? I'll even put in a good word for you and tell the courts you can be placed under my temporary supervision."

"If only it were that easy. As long as my sister is safe with you, I can finish my jail time. I... deserve it."

"Manning up is a beautiful thing. I'm proud of you Rico Suave. You're probably too young to know that song."

"I know it." He chuckled. "My middle name is Suave. Our mother was a fan."

"Rico Suave Montoya. Perfect! What's Isabel's middle name?"

"Isabel Viena Montoya." The revelation stunned Erin. How likely was it that Vienna could be shared by two young women sought out by a killer even if spelled slightly different. It was too random to be coincidence, there had to be a factor involved. "Th-that is a beautiful name. Rico? I need to go use the potty then speak with the officer's a moment. Just keep the faith."

"I shall."

Patting his knee Erin excused herself to Dan and Angela. Slipping away to the bathroom she opted to hide out there and think. Texting Kyra her bestie told her that steaks were on the grill and the conversation stimulating. A heart in her eye's emoji accompanied her message. "PS Eerie's son is... adorably odd. LOL! Certainly, speaks his mind for 10. The boys are behaving."

"Good! I half expected Eerie to call and check in on the case."

"He did. He called the department. Not much to reveal yet."

"Ok! I'll tell you more when I get home. TMI on here! Love you Bestie! Charm his pants off."

"You know I'm trying! LOL! I'm dying to know what's behind those cargos. Hopefully a big cargo I can hold. Cargo Hold... get it? LOL!"

"Slut!"

"Comes with the house translation. Hurry home Babe."

"When Izzy is out of the woods. Her brother seems nice. I invited the two of them to stay with us. I KNOW! I KNOW! I just can't leave them homeless."

"I understand. You have a good soul, Erin. See you soon!" Kiss emoji! Right back at her! Flushing her twat squat Erin pulled her borrowed sweats up and washed her hands. Pulling up her screenshot of Truman Porter's sketch she noted something odd, the eyes on the artwork looked darker than before.

"That cannot be good. I need to show the cops this and make it look as if I just found the obituary article and news report. The tip will be valuable to them if they haven't gotten this far yet." Hands washed she stepped back out to find Angela and Dan in the hallway whispering.

"Am I interrupting anything?"

"No!" Angela chuckled. "You might as well know. Dan and I... have a daughter together. Never married or anything."

"Just a fling a few years back. Ang was the one who called me to bring you some pants."

"Wow! And I was flirting with your baby daddy." Erin chuckled. "Sorry about that."

"Don't be! We're great friends just nothing more than parents." Dan took out his cell and pulled up a photo of a precious little girl. "Here's Emily."

"Aww! She's adorable. Looks like Mommy."

"Now I know why I invited you to join our force." Angela chuckled. "Dan says she looks more like him."

"Emily DANielle Dare." He made it clear he was as much a part of their daughter as her last name. "She is Moody." A laugh ended the photo session.

"My turn." Erin lifted her phone. "I just looked into old unsolved murder cases from the Boston area. Look what I just found." She played the news report showing the sketch of Truman Porter. "Tell me that isn't our hotel manager."

"I've never met the guy, but I know you have." Angela held the phone then took her own screenshot of the sketch as it was paused. "I'll compare this with his facial recognition report. Vienna Edwards... beautiful kid. Damn shame! Wait a second... the writing on the mirror had the words Vienna Domini! Isabel Domini. That's just too coincidental for my blood... taste... I will not hurl again." Although tempted!

"Even more coincidental... I was just talking to Rico, and he told me his middle name and Izzy's. Isabel... Viena... Montoya. That is not by design, it has to be on purpose."

"If you don't take that job offer, I'm going to haunt you for life Parrish. That's some darn good detective work."

"Thanks! I am really considering it. Just tell your Chief to get a hold of me."

"I will. Waddle already knows of you."

"Waddle? Is he cute?"

"She... not at all." Angela chuckled. "Captain Fiona Waddle. Butch but badass. Ex-military like you but retired after her 20-year package. Gets the job done in these parts I'll say that. Crime around both of our counties is next to none..."

"Until today." Dan frowned. "I need a cigarette. Call me if there's any change." Oh, change was in the air Officer Moody. Trust that call! Angela remained behind. Good thing she wasn't a smoker.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,869 Followers
12