All Comments on 'Epiphany Pt. 05'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 314 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ruined

Looks like you ignored the dozens comments begging you not to take it in this direction, not necessarily from of a dislike for RAAC but rather because it didn’t make sense from the way you set up the characters and the story. I’ll be skipping anything you post in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disgusting

Nothing more repugnant than a man with zero self respect.

I notice this as well with several LW stories- The wife is treated like a child who has no agency and therefore cannot be responsible for anything. A child cannot be in a relationship with an adult, but if the adult is a spineless wimp with zero self respect, then I guess the game changes a bit.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Well,

that was absolutely atrocious.

Was there anything in the authors mind that would have precluded RAAC?

"She drugged me, tied me to the bed, had Charlie come in and piss in my mouth while she used a garden shear to lop off alternating toes, but dammit, I still loved her."

This wasn't a story about betrayal and reconciliation, it was a story of a mentally ill protagonist. This absolutely reeks of a common RAAC problem. The author desperately wants the early drama that unforgivable actions would provide, but then has the MC forgive them.

This story was ridiculous and a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

I'm glad I didn't waste any time reading the first four chapters since it the whole story got tossed on the pile of RACC crap. I like a reconciliation, but it has to be earned. Linda seems to still act entitled and Sam doesn't seem to have a spine. Glad I only wasted my time on Pt 5.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 4 years ago
5

Good jorney as these two circle the drain. Still our hero needs to enact some bondage discipline on his naughty wife... she might just need the spicing up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disappointing

I should have known better.

HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
Really good

I have thoroughly enjoyed this saga. Very well written and crafted though the BTB crowd may not be happy. That, by itself, makes me smile. Thank you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Interesting ending

Probably not what most of your readers wanted. JPB has the right idea: write for yourself and offer to share.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kiwi

Sorry

But I wouldn't have taken her back

Neither his family

I know what family betrayal feels like. I haven't seen my family in over twenty years. Am I happy?.....I would say I am content with my life. But most importantly of all I don't have to keep wondering when my family would stab me in the back and I retain my pride and self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cuck a doodle do YOLO

Dribble from this author once again.

Oh woe is me. I am wronged.

Can you please add “willing cuckold” to your tags so we don’t have to read this shite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep

Like I said.....trainwreck. You can sugarcoat a turd but it's still a turd. You can't start a story with such dramatic circumstances then finish it with reconciliation. Makes for a garbage of an ending like you have here. Better luck next time.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Sigh. It started out so well, then you ruined it with a ridiculous RAAC.

Linda had a passionate affair with Charlie for four years! She was fucking his best friend and alienating her husband from his entire family. It would be impossible to get over that level of betrayal!

The beginning of this chapter was nonsense. Linda started flaunting her body to get him interested in her, but she was just a tired old whore. Sam spent months fucking a pair of hot twenty-something lesbians! There's no way he'd be attracted to a 50 year old after screwing tight young women half her age.

Sam said he was looking for a faithful companion in his retirement... so why the hell would be get back together with a woman who spent four years stabbing him in the back? Out of the millions of women he could end up with, he chose to reconcile with a woman who has a proven track record of betrayal?!

"the specter of what she had shared with Charlie never was fully dealt with."

Exactly! What's the point of trying to salvage a relationship that Linda took a big shit on? Sam was extremely wealthy, with millions of dollars stashed away after his retirement. Even if he gave Linda half in the divorce, he'd still be loaded (and he could have got much more than half by squirreling away money). Post-divorce, he could have replaced the deceitful old slut in a heartbeat.

Rich older guys dating beautiful younger women is a cliché because it's such a common occurrence. When a marriage breaks down and a rich husband is faced with the choice of trading in the unfaithful old model for a perkier replacement, it's perfectly obvious what is going to happen! This option also avoids having to spend years dealing with the emotional fallout of her infidelity and all the feelings of hurt, jealousy, and anger that entails.

Oh and no revenge on Charlie either? His best friend fucks his wife for four years, and tries to take away his entire family... and does it with no repercussions? That was the rancid cherry on top of this shitty cake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A fitting end to a good series

Sam's new relationship with his family seemed appropriate to the individual members. The only sad spot was Cinda never got around to calling him Grandpa.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
This would have been an excellent reconciliation chapter, but . . .

. . . I’m not sure that the first three — and yes, I know there were four previous chapters— left any room for this one. Bridges were not just burned down to their foundations but wrecking crews came in and dynamited the foundations away as well. Taken as a whole, the series just doesn’t seem to work.

Even considering this as a stand alone chapter, you went too abruptly from Sam’s outburst to several months later; that was the point at which you had real writing work to do, and you omitted it. I do not know why, at that point, Sam and Linda stayed together.

On the whole, you had a reconciliation story in your head, and wanted to convey how hurt Sam was by the affair and how difficult reconciliation would be. OK, that’s a good story idea. But you took the story of Linda’s affair too far for reconciliation to have a reasonable path forward; the affair went on too long and involved too many other people going along with it. The delayed eventual exclusion of the mother seemed like substitute revenge against Linda, but hey, mom wasn’t a booty call option.

Thing is, you could have written a very good story to show Sam’s outrage without Linda’s conduct being so outrageous. That would have left a path for reconciliation. She could still have been just as contrite and explained as best she could what happened while still having less to explain.

Overall, the idea was good, but you wrote yourself into a corner in the first three chapters, which made the last two problematic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

A very realistic outcome considering the situation. Personally I have difficulty in seeing any real devoted future happiness for them (l know it’s just a story ). Anyway grate job looking forward to your next posting.. thanks again

alfbalfbover 4 years ago
what a crock

Sam lost all respect for himself when he took her back. No matter how much you love someone, the betrayal and disrespect would have killed any lingering feelings.;. why he didnt also make up with his mother is beyond me. He forgave everyone else, why not her? The first 3 chapters were great, but the last two were a complete 180 from what the author started laying the foundation of. Someone please re-write these last two chapters the way it should have ended

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
1 star

So nobody wastes more time reading this. They stay together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Why does this 'writer' always have the wife raping their husbands? 1*

JLRemora2JLRemora2over 4 years ago
Reconciliation is a messy business

Your writing was okay, although the last part submitted kinda felt rushed. Overall, as far as this story's technicalirlties go, it's a admirable effort. I just don't like RAAC stories. And this was definitely a RAAC. Your main character, Sam, went through a lot of change only it was change designed to help him accept the actions, thoughts, and emotions of his wayward wife. So what if Sam growled, in the end it was for naught.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Thanks for a realistic outcome

Farmers_Son

Cheers for this final chapter in the Epiphany saga. I thought it showed you had put considerable thought into your two central characters. While some negative readers will bemian your ending as RAAC, for me it seemed a pretty realistic path forward.

Looking forward to more of your future contributions!

enjayemenjayemover 4 years ago
To long

By about one chapter. The pace went right out of it and I found myself scrolling through it... Never a good sign. Didn't mark it because I didn't know how!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
Why?

Would he ever take back those people? Maybe the daughter, but the others, no way. Linda is an awful person. She could not have been worse to sam. Sam would have been a great catch for a woman.

gailfun104gailfun104over 4 years ago
Started strong, and then...

The story started really well but then it just kind of gave up as if you ran out of things to say. You can't openly destroy someone this way and stay together. Either it is a divorce of the person who was cheated on to this extent kills themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"This went on for many weeks."

I couldn't have said it better.

This story, especially this chapter, lumbered and struggled along and while it started out OK it ended with a thud. You are better than this......

3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well written but unbelievable

Sam is wealthy and smart so i think he would have found a way to divorce and not lose a ton of money. I dont care how hot she may be my anger and disgust wouldn't allow me to want to be near her let alone have sex. And at the pool he let her go reverse cowgirl without a condom? No way.

So even the raac isnt there as he is still not with the person he described. No complete trust and not complete love. He will relive the betrayal forever whenever he sees her.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 4 years ago

That sucked...he is the weak piece of shit his family thought he was. Horrible ending and completely unnecessary since you ignored completely that he would have had many opportunities for a happy life without the cheating bitch. Just terrible

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
And that's how you turn a 5 into a 1!

Started out with a spine, and somehow lost it. What does she have to do to get rid of this guy, shit in his mouth and set him on fire?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep, RAAC!

You went the route predicted. Sure, you plugged in counseling and time and anger, but who's anger? This chapter description was "Linda's anger" but it was Sam's wasn't it?

First couple chapters were alright but the rest gave us little to sink our teeth into. You only wrote the daughter's remorse in detail that felt genuine. The brother, not at all and the wife, barely.

Linda suffered emotional consequences, but noting materially.

There was too much repeat of thoughts and scenes to make the last two chapters worth reading.

And the level of betrayal by so many people for such a long period of time should not have qualified for any reconciliation (except for daughter as mentioned above).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A very nice story, full rating

I normally do not like long stories, spread over many chapters. I read many stories here and forget other stories I have read. A nice summary at the beginning of each new chapter would help. Anyway, I usually skip pass grammar errors which occur in every story. One, I must comment on... there is a big difference between bodily secretions and excretions.. they shared secretions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a total waste of time

Normally i dont bag writers for their stories. This story was a waste of time from the start of the last chapter.

She totally disrespected him and yet he let he back in.

Can’t believe i waited for the last chapter with anticipation. If i had of had any idea where this story would end up i would not have started reading it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
No!

After he let her fuck him, I had to skip to the end.

I won't spoil the ending though I maybe just did.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Fairly well written

Distinctly unsatisfying. You painted too black a picture of her and his family for a believable reconciliation. imho

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pid

Stu Pid ending , took 3 very good chapters and ended it with stupid.

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 4 years ago
love

it was a good story, I think love concours al, ok I suppose trust will allways be a issue and once broken it must be difficult to get it back, , feelings and knowing you have broken that trust must play havoc when you realise how much devastation you have caused, , im sure many here will believe sam to be a wimp, but I think it took courage and guts to let her into his life again and work to make it as right as it ca be, . a good story, thanks for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Ending

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed your story. Be prepared to hear from the angry old men who will decry this as not being realistic. But it's a story, not real life, and I like the way it went.

SKHPSKHPover 4 years ago
At least not an easy recocilliation

He did not really wimp out, and she had a lot of hurds to jump over.

3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very well done

As a racc, this was very well done. I enjoyed the story immensely, but it still lost a couple of stars for the ending. I can understand forgiving and working to develop a new relationship with a wife you love. Charlie, however, should have had the some comeuppance dealt his way. He is the epitome of evil and just letting him walk away Scott free for his actions inflames feelings of injustice. Too much like real life. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Valient Effort

You gave it the old college try but all for naught. You simply dug too deep a hole to ever redeem Linda. It seemed throughout her entire campaign win Sam back, she continued to come off as a manipulative, whiny, self-centered bitch. Always going back "What about ME!!"

Better luck with the next one

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Who is the spoiled one?

...so he threw a very expensive hissy fit...

KingBandorKingBandorover 4 years ago
Very disappointing end

If you can take a betrayal as bad as this and turn it into a reconciliation, then you are writing in the realm of fantasy. You won't:

"Why we would make fun of you and demean you and allow Cindy to say what she did about how you were never there for her is another item my therapist is scratching her head about.”

She blew her nose again and wiped the tears off. “Right now I will just claim temporary insanity."

That is the crux of it all. It's like you wrote two different stories, then merged them. She sums it up well. There is no logical explanation for their bizarre behavior. It feels like you regretted writing it that way, so you had her say this to get the reader to accept the forthcoming RACC. It is a technique writers use when things in a story don't make sense. You get a character to voice what the reader is thinking, which then subconsciously removes the doubt from the reader. It's like having a character say "that's impossible!"... The reader immediately accepts the explanation.

So, the start was so extreme, over the top and horribly negative that it made no sense. The characters behaved in a way that was completely illogical and unexplainable. It was as if they all had been hypnotized! Then suddenly, the magic spell was broken and they all came back to normal. But there was no magic. There was no hypnosis. Forgiveness makes sense if there had been.

Instead these people didn't do the things they did gleefully because they wanted to and enjoyed doing it! That is unforgivable.

It's like the magic spell broke for them, but another was cast on the MC compelling him to forgive.

The end of the story just doesn't fit the beginning. There is no justification for their betrayal and likewise no justification for his forgiveness.

KB

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
How sad

To live your life wondering when she going to cheat again. Is my family nice to me just for my money? Someone can always tell you what to do with your life but in the end you have to live with the choice you made.Thanks for the read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ruined an Excellent Story

I saw the score and knew the ending. Skimmed the last page to confirm it. *1

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too Fucking Long

Never should have let that cunt back into the house. He should have sold his company and bought into Jeffrey Epstein's orgy island and spent the rest of his days getting layed while talking soccer with Prince Andrew.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
idk man

this story was probably okay until she decided to rape him. that blowjob scene where he was asleep.

not cool. imagine you reversed the sexes. a cheating husband starts oral with his sleeping wife. she tries to fight him off, but he says, 'i need this, hold still' and proceeds to hold on tighter to fuck her as she gives up fighting him off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolute garbage

You had to do it didn't you? You had to disrespect this poor guy worse than any character in the story. No one would have reconciled with this slut. Writing was just ok, this chapter was boring. I will read you again but please someone write a sequel that buries all these bastards. FD45 we need you!

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
I debated, but 5*

I know the anonymous trolls that love revenge will roast you. I’m a lover of forgiveness. You painted a marvelous story and told it well. The characters were well constructed and I felt like I knew them. I have chosen to like the ending. A part of me really wanted to see Charlie get burned, but the future you created for him is both realistic and appropriate.

I have to add that I’ve never read a story that hit me harder than this one. I felt Sam’s pain. Between chapters I laid awake at night wondering and imagining where you would take the characters. I know it’s fiction. You made me feel like I was living it. That’s good story telling. A part of me wishes I never read it so my emotions didn’t agonize over it. Another part is glad I did. In the stories I’ve started posting, I hope I can hit the readers the same way, and yet I doubt I have the talent.

So I want to call you an SOB for the roller coaster ride, but instead - I want to thank you.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
Well written 4*

It was rather long, but it would take a lot to sell this reconciliation. I don't think you succeeded, but you came about as close as possible given the depth of the betrayal. The story structure and development were very good. Solid, if hard to buy, effort.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
disappointing conclusion

coulda been good. Had to give you the 1* due to the disappointment, not that it really deserved that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That husband even considered Reconciliation is WHY this story is pathetic

On the other hand I didc predict that this author would end the story as a forced conciliation no matter what happens Way back in chapter 1. This author FARMERS SON... Has rapidly become the new Matt Moreau and like Matt this author can write a d just like Matt... every story is always the same. No matter what the wife does it's always OK ...it is in the end ALWAYS accepted and forgiven...and there are very few consequences in the end.

And that's the real sadness about this. This author can write but it's always the same story. It always comes down to male ego. It never comes down to the consequences of what the wife said and did.

Every action in every story in every situation can't always simply be about the husband's ego.

Harryin VA

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 4 years ago
Great series

Readers who haven't been in a long term loving relationship might not get how even after being betrayed like the MC in this story, it's hard to stop loving the person - especially when the attractions there. I think the timeline was realistic for reconciling after what she did, and liked the fact that she points out it she wasn't replacing the MC because he was out of shape (even though I'm sure that was the case). Great pace and great dialogue. This ending was set up in a way that I would've been satisfied even if they didn't get back together. Well done.

SkubabillSkubabillover 4 years ago
Overall I really enjoyed this story

Overall I enjoyed reading this story. I totally liked the revenge but would have liked a little more suffering for Mary and Charlie. I also wasn't crazy about the reconciliation with Linda even though it was tempered. I don't see how you can treat someone so poorly for so many years and then become contrite and apologetic without a selfish agenda.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I didn't think that reconciliation was possible here.

I think you pulled it off. It was slow, but she grew to understand the magnitude of her crime and sincerely regret her actions. The story was strangely believable. Good job! 5*****

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 4 years ago
Empty

This story left me feeling nothing. Looking at the score, apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way. Personally, I would have dumped the bitch and moved on.

Bobby2shoesBobby2shoesover 4 years ago
Unrealistic ending

Great story writing but it turns out the brother was right, Sam was a wuss.

No way should Sam ever wanted to be near the wife again unless he was at her grave site to take a leak.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Bebop is being overly kind

What a pathetic waste of words.

To the RAAC crowd, congratulations, a new low has been achieved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just awful

Ridiculous stilted dialogue, terrible plot and RAAC...just awful

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where is the Earth Shattering Kaboom?

Far too much 3rd person narration in this story. It was like back in high school where the teachers drone on and on and you start to doze off. It really took away from the flow and seemed a little preachy throughout. Try having the narration replaced by character “thoughts”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Forced RAAC

Emotionless tale of reconciliation. They have sex, they don't have sex. Sam listens to Linda's endless litany of excuses. He lets his daughter worm her way back into his life by using his grandchildren as weapons. I found it far more likely that Linda would take his second offer of half of everything rather than staying married to a spineless worm. She would have been rich, had a good family life and could have had a wide variety of men to chose from rather than staying with a husband that couldn't find his way out of a mud puddle. This story started out really well in the first chapter. By stretching it out over 5 chapters you manged to talk it to death. This was simply an awful, unbelievable ending. And I like a good RAAC. This wasn't it.

3 stars

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 4 years ago
Garbage

Implausible nonsense

Dunny69Dunny69over 4 years ago
Absolute crap total waste of time.

Yes as I feared it plunged into the pit of unbelievable rubbish, impossible reconciliation and the author has let down his readers with a shitty story with a shitty end. I banged out on page 1 o couldn't stomach any more of this drivel. As if someone subject to such treatment by his wife and family would end up reacting like he has been portrayed. What a huge dissapointment a huge waste of time and an almost betrayal to the readers. Sod you for building up my hopes and interest and the dashing them on the rocks of implausibility. You will take a long time to recover your rep after this drivel ....... God what a waste of time, Bugger!!!

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
I'm a sucker for...

a reconciliation story, but in this case I think you blew it. I hate cuck stories but you turned this into one.

Sam. even though not knowing he was a cuck in the beginning, once he found out he was one rectified the situation. Harsh yes but rectified. In the next three chapters you took him being his own man back to being a cuck of a different sort. In the end the only one to pay any price was his mom, so who cared if she died lonely she never learned.

Until the very end he still considered Charley his best friend and hoped him the best instead of destroying him. In the end Charley runs off into the sunset continuing to do what he did best (most likely cucking so other defenseless fool) while Sam ended up right back where he began. Yes he had a new relationship with his daughter but he could have had that all along. Yes he had a new relationship with his brother but he could have had that all along by just standing up to him.

His relationship didn't change with his sister because it was never in danger. His relationship with his son-in-law improved only because he wasn't in Sam's shadow any more.

Now that brings us back to Linda. The amount of therapy needed to heal this relationship would have need to be like them both going in for a lobotomy. If you really wanted to make it a reconciliation story then Linda should have excepted the divorce with provisions. Both go their separate ways until it was over and then start over.

Maybe instead of him buying property in Florida and the mountains he should have just bought a privet island, I hear there is a new one up for sale.

chuckysmariachuckysmariaover 4 years ago
TrashI

Sorry, but I cannot even see how this reconciliation (even to this degree) happened. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but you as an author failed to write a compelling story why this ending happened. The ending is so contrived. Both the the wife and husband mentioned the lack of repect, trust, and the betrayal. You failed to show how the wife managed to regain her husbands affection other than sex.

You started your story about a great betrayal yet there’s no great attempt for redemption (from all party), or even great comeupance. you wrote the husband as a pillar of moral and talent yet you purposefully weaken him for the purpose of reconciliation. for fuck sake he fired his son in law for simply knowing and not informing him. you already made this story as a series. why not take yor time to tell the story of redemption for the family. Even if you planned to make this story about reconciliation the ending is so forced like you lost interest on it.

A waste of a good premise for the sake of a rushed and forced ending.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Well, at least you will receive praise from people who don't care whether the ending is good or fits the rest of the story, but judge it based on how much it irritates the majority of readers. If most hate it, they'll pretend to like it. That's your new key demo. Congratulations!

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
WHY ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE BITTEN TWICE BY THE SAME SNAKE

while not thinking of friend/enemies is not harming that person, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
To all the RAAC fans, we see this over and over,

"But in spite of it all, I still love(d) her."

SO FUCKING WHAT?

She is bad for his physical, emotional, financial, and mental health.

Continuing any but the most "family events only" relationship is nothing but masochistic pain. He's hurting himself, for some less than fully genuine loving relationship. Why?

Doesn't matter how much you enjoy shrimp cocktail if you're allergic to it.

Meh, gave it a 2

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@BarryJames1952

As you can see, that while I may be a troll, I'm not anonymous. I have no problem with forgiveness as long as two conditions are met: 1) The forgiveness is earned; 2) The actions are forgivable. Cindy met both requirements. Linda, Mary and Charlie didn't.

Brother, sister and b-i-l are borderline.

Forget RAAC. RAAC pretty much by definition means the the forgiveness wasn't earned, so it doesn't even matter if the actions were forgivable or not.

If you intend to write a story with a reconciliation ending, then you CANNOT start a story with unforgivable actions.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Forgivability

Students of history may correct me, but at least as a general rule (I would imagine that there were exceptions). I don't that German officers who were only involved in the war effort received any punishment beyond what was normally expected, while those involved in the Holocaust were treated much more severely, because what they did was unforgivable.

I'm NOT trying to equate infidelity with genocide, I'm of Jewish heritage myself, I'm just trying to show that there are some things that you can't reconcile with.

kage440kage440over 4 years ago
A Dose of Reality

It seem that when you still have feelings for the other person, things can work out that way. it doesn't have to always be Burn the Bitch or Burn the Bastard. Some accommodation can be achieved.

Pretty good story and writing. BTB usually destroys both parties anyway. Hate and love are sides of the same emotion, not caring is it opposite of love/hate and neither wanted to let it go.

Liked it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a spineless cuck

“Linda, I need to ask your forgiveness. Its obviously MY fault you fucked around on me and used my money to fund your gigolo, can you ever forgive me for making you spend the better part of a decade cheating on me?"

Just post your address dude, real men will give your wife the fucking you so obviously are incapable of and you can forgive a cunt in real life

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice UNTILL.

I was really enjoying until the last chapter, very very disappointing finish, just keep paying her next studs to fuck the shit out of her and wimpman will forgive and forget, well enough written but ? In the end the lying cheating bitch ends up rich with options of cheating forevermore with the knowledge that wimpman will pay and forgive , oh and get a very tasty cream surprise several times a week ( what’s not to forgive ?) 4🌟 ( for the first 4 , 2 for the last) .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too Much

If I had to choose I would consider myself a RAAC verus a BTB person. However, there are limits. You cannot paint someone, including a whole family, as evil as wife, mother and daughter were portrayed and have a reconciliation. It was too beyond the pale. As an LW reader the most important aspect of a story to me is the relationship and emotionalism, thoughts, guilt, rationalizations that take place in the relationship. I am not fond of stories and skip those that only focus on the manifestations of the punisnment. Also, I am not fond of unrealistic reconciliations. I would have liked to see a more in depth exploration of how a whole family could abandon a son in favor of his wife's lover, esp. one who was as good to his family as husband was.

anon.1

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
I was afraid of this ...

Truthfully, I jumped to the end & checked the comments, rather than reading it.

I'm greatly disappointed. Glad I didn't spend a lot of time reading only to find another male casualty at the end, If Sam was real I would loan him a .45 and a bullet.

As an author, it's your prerogative to chose weak men, but it's also mine to relay my disappointment.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 4 years ago
Lit needs a most hated story function

Did not read this chapt because you telegraphed the end in chapt 4 .

Congrats on destroying a promising beginning , this is right up there with Another Love as quite possibly the best audience trolling in the history of LW .

You should be proud of yourself , take a bow as the rotten eggs and tomatoes rain down .

*

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsover 4 years ago
I shan't bother with the rest!

It started out so well, then the cuck sickness arrived.

It's sad that what had all the potential of a top rate BTB has to end so badly.

Thank god for Van1!

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 4 years ago
There

Seems to be a point where you need to cut bait...this story went way beyond that. Linda should have been dumped with as little as possible, Charlie should have been dealt with & Sam should have ridden off into the sunset, looking for greener pastures. This was written as if Sam had no other options...very unbelievable. Well written, but an unrealistic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The Worst Things

The worst thing here (yes, even worst than parking in the drive way against Home Owner Association Rules) is that she gets to choose between two very good outcomes for her.

Pay back on Charlie is future sex partners won't be as good a Linda? You have got to be shitt'n me. That is pretty weak. At the very least Linda should have pressed charges for stealing.

This was pretty awful. 1 Star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
yep.....

you fucked us. Oh well, l knew it was coming and read it anyway.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
ok

linda mind snap and boom she is healed. lol u forced sam into a lazy relationship person. so instead of finding someone who will respect him and love him, he just goes back to his cheating disrespectful wife. this last one had way too many cliches in it, the one that made me laugh a bit was the old woman breaking her hip and then dieing alone in a nursing home lol as for the raac idk i wouldnt have stay with a wife the said and did those things, some things u just cant be unheard, but his weakness and laziness in this story make it possible. he didnt strike me as weak or lazy but owell

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too close to real life for BTB crowd

This story was the deepest dive ever, into betrayal and the aftermath. Too bad for the BTB crowd. They can only be content with the end of his mother’s life.

Dead for two days before being discovered by the staff of her retirement home. Now that’s a crappy retirement home!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Maybe try writing your own story instead of whining about someone elses sometime?

Decent read and the shift in the wronged husband's plans from BTB and everyone else to reconciliation as he progresses through pain is not all that unrealistic. I've been through a similar betrayal by family and friends (was not betrayed by a spouse however) but eventually reestablished relationships with some of them even though my original intentions were much different. It would be interesting to see how a regular paycheck to paycheck couple would have played out.

For those of you who whine and bitch try writing this plot your way. If you want the author to write "a better story" then constructive criticism will work better than a blanket party. Nobody forced anyone to read anything .

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
You wasted my time

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this for five chapters ... when I knew you were going to RAAC this.

While I'm not a fan of RAAC, there are times when it works. This wasn't one of them, in my opinion.

I'll await your next effort, because I know you can do better.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Scared

I read the comments first. Now I’m kinda scared this will be a disappointing story. It started off so well. First you make it drag on for days to read. Then I read that it sucked. I think I’m going to skip it. Thanks for destroying a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You Killed an Excellent Story

You had an excellent story going and you had to turn it into non-believable RAAC. I will never again read a story you write without it being complete and scored. Such a waste of time.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
“Oh, Joe. No-no-no.”

I was afraid this would be a RAAC. (My previous comment was “Say it ain’t so, Joe” when it hinted at RAAC)

He had his own luxury condo near work. He was free of her bitchiness and sexlessness. He was free of 5 years of being shit upon. And because he likes to do lawn maintenance he moves back into the house Linda and Charlie lived and fucked it for a year?

A lot of your stories have the protagonist being crapped upon for 6 months. Hmmm... maybe RAAC if she can show true remorse. But this was 5 friggin’ years! No eF-en way he could overlook that, especially as he had already moved out for over a year. You just didn’t have him “move on”.

Sad. Typical good writing mechanics, so 3-stars.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
And why is it an “Epiphany”?

Hmmm...?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The author doesn't get it

Adultery on the scale practiced by Linda is about disrespect and contempt for her husband. Sure she now wants to save her marriage with all the benefits that entails, but she still won't give him deep respect he needs. Her cynical use of sex to get him hooked tells us she wants her safe, convenient life back and lets all forget about her embarrassing past relationship with Charlie. I dislike most reconciliation stories - forgiveness comes too easy.

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
Perfect ending for her

So for four years she has a lover and a husband and a family and all the money she needs.

She is caught and keeps her lover and had a home and an allowance and materisl things and her family and sex with husband.

Hid “ deal” or her choice is reconcile and if you cheat you keep house and carcand a million. OR you divorce and get half of hubby fortune worth millions.

So where does she lose? Where was her punishment? How did charlie suffer?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
hmmmmm, I dont know about this.

It seems to be a theme with this author. The stories start out good but the husband turns out to be some kind of idiot that wants to make up. Don't stop writing I do enjoy most of your tails.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
we all knew this was coming

please consider who wrote this. 2,3 and 4 put forth what we would consider a man among men. But in the end he's nothing more than a willing cuckold. The fact that he knew she cheated and did out in the open and freely. This wasn't a man with cancer, ed or on his death bed. Nope he turned into a cuckold plain and simple. You can't blame the kids (Grown). And you can't blame mom....because she died alone. While everyone forgave the slut. And a 4 year affair isn't forgivable unless your Matt Monroe, Ohio, DGHear or slirpuff. I haven't met a man yet that hasn't walked away from a long term affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

She will cheat again. Once a cheat always a cheat. He needs to get in touch with his ex best friend a lay major ass kicking on him. A woman with her attitude will break his heart again. You can’t watch them 24 hrs a day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Charlies are a sign of the times

Since the nation knowingly elected the most amoral president in history, Charlies have been emboldened to see another's spouse, property or even entire family as fair game. This kind of thing will just continue to happen until the US corrects its moral compass. Good story that's very relevant right now.

waratahwaratahover 4 years ago
Decent story

A little rep6, enough new stuff to ne interesting

And it triggered a whole cage worth of nutcases, so thats a bonus. 🤣

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Interesting story

To me it comes down to a question I have tried and (and failed) to write about, how far can a relationship be destroyed and yet there being hope for reconciliation? This tale is particularly difficult because Sam faces not just his wife shitting on him but his whole family outside his sister not only accepting Linda replacing Sam w Charlie,they actively dump him. That scene at the first birthday party is prob more hurtful than Linda having sex w Charlie, they give Sam the role that should be Charlie and Lindas,they should be ostracized. The poisonous snake is the Mother who basically ser the tone with Sam in the family,and it was toxic. Linda says she doesn't understand why the family just seems to go along w Charlie as the replacement for Sam, but the reality is thanks to the bitch mother everyone,including Linda,bought into the idea that Sam was this wimpy,worthless person only good to be used. Even Darla acts badly, she should have been all over Cindy and James for their behavior, should have made clear they were horrible people,but even though she hates the cheating she does nothing.....he is the non person.

I commend the author for trying to effect a reconciliation,and he is realistic it isn't easy. To their credit Doug and Cindy,then James,stand up for what is right ,but they miss something w the reconciliation, they never really bare their souls to Sam over their behavior,they never really make amends,make him understand that they really are pained at what they did. In the story to me it seems like while Sam is re_integrated back into the family, I don't see any real repentance,it is almost like them saying 'okay,I did bad, but that is over,now we are so nice we actually let you back into our lives'...no deep talks,no heartfelt apologies,no attemp to make a new relationship,they basically act like Charlie never happened. When it dawns on them how fucked up Charlie was,they don't intervene to force him out of their lives, he isn't thrown out by Linda,he leaves. There needed to be them rallying around Sam, they really had to admit they treated him like shit and it wasn't all Linda's fault.

With Linda, while she really tries to bare her soul so much of her attempts w z

Sam center around sex, she seems to think that is all it is about. She still acts entitled,Sam is so generous with her, she has a nice place to live but she never tells him how amazing a person he us,that she and the family shit on him and yet he still helps them out of love, she never says this and basically acts like she is entitled to what he gives her, which is reinforcing Sam as the family slave. The biggest thing I think is when Sam offers her the options,either of which would leave her in great shape financially, she isn't really forced to show him her determination to make it right,it was too easy.

If accepting the path to stay married she should have said that if she strayed,they get divorced and the only thing she would take is her clothing and car and a small amount to allow her to get a place to live and move in. If he strayed,she would want mandatory counseling and if it didn't work out,she would take only what he offered if she cheated. She really needs to show she wants him, not the comfortable life they would have. I think an alternate path that might work would be Linda tells Sam that she loves him and wants him back but to do that she wanted to get divorced with the only thing she wanted from him was enough to get back on her feet, to allow her to literally show all she wanted was him,that she wanted to make a new relationship built on trust and respect from the ground up...would be a longer tale,but given how messed up the situation was,rebuilding from scratch. I like that the story says it wasn't easy,but with mega betrayal it takes mega repentance and making alms.

The only way the reconciliation with Linda could work as written would be if the family acting the way it did was minimized. So the Charlie replacing Sam angle couldn't be there,the whole thing w the daughter, the only thing might be they knew of the affair and didn't tell Sam,but not accepting it. Otherwise that hurt would ruin the whole thing.

Again,great idea for story and in the attempt to reconcile, just misses.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
5 stars.

I am a fan of Farmers Son work and have him posted in my favorites. That said, Loving Wives is a very, very tough category to post within. This story was a particularly hard one to come up with a conclusion after the first four chapters.

By the time I finished chapter 4, I knew chapter 5 would be a hard sell. The 5th chapter that could have gone ten different ways and the author went with a bold move and chose this one. I respect that. I also appreciate criticism from people who have registered on this site and leave their opinion. That is real. But the Anon's who bad mouth the hard work this writer put in the story are shameless internet bullies.

Any objective criticism is always respected by writers here, but anonymous comments that attack the writer for the way the story ends is nonsense. Five stars for this talented, well-written story and I am looking forward to Farmers Son next contribution in the Loving Wifes category. *****

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Did not

I did not really care for your ending. I felt that Linda's betrayal was so great that there could never be even a partial reconciliation. I wanted her totally destroyed and Charlie burned with her. In my ending, he would leave his bitch mother and the rest of his family firmly in his past. With all my anger at your ending, I enjoyed your story very much. You put a lot of work into it and it showed. This is by far your best effort in writing. As a fan from the beginning, I realize that a BTB is not your way. No.matter how badly your male protagonist is treated, he will never destroy his tormentors. I thought that surely this would be the exception, but it didn't happen. I'll read the next one too, as I do Matt Moreau, JPB, and a few others. There is always a first time.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 4 years ago
Charlie got what he deserved

To me, moving on and making Charlie irrelevant is one of the best BTBastard tricks I’ve read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
foolish readers

You raved about this shit back a couple of chapters ago. It's farmer's son. This is what he does. Two stars, only for the effort.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Different kind Of Ending****

Goes with the story every move was carefully thought out!! Not your average run of the mill BTB story. In my opinion good ending good read!!! Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Another story where the MC is totally crapped on by everyone and all is forgiven by the end. Blah blah blah. Started off very well then turned into rubbish.

But then again considering the times we live in it fits. 1.5*

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsover 4 years ago
Sorry forgot to vote.

This is without doubt a minus 10 ten star story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous