All Comments on 'Equal Frights'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

FUCKING FABULOUS STORY.

.

I cannot decide who is the BEST loving wives writer/ author -- FreddieTheCamel OR No talentHack

.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 1 year ago

A tale of a real loving wife. I suspect that you will get slammed for that, but I liked it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry…did not get it…

Either that or it’s incomplete a story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Intelligent, wise and well-written! Keep them coming.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 1 year ago

Concerned about a nine month old baby being allowed on the “big wheel” at the funfair, don’t think that is in line with Health & Safety standards.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

They never seem to do things the easy way!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gotta give credit to FtC. Author has managed to hold Becky and Brian story long enough before finally disintegrating it to incel crap as it's designed to be

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

What a pair. Like gasoline and matches. For all of her supposed intellectual inferiority, Becky is actually incredibly astute vis-à-vis Brian. They perfectly complement each other. Sometimes like prize fighters - the boxer and the puncher - and sometimes as lovers. What a treat it is to inch open the curtain on their lives and sneak another glimpse. Another revealing addition to the ongoing Becky and Brian love story mosaic. Thank you much.

NKKMDNKKMDover 1 year ago

Very relatable. 5*

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

A realistic and well told insight into family life! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

dreams like he had are terrifying. sometimes hard to get past. dreams like that and being married to a woman like Becky would wear on a marriage. damn she took virtually everything he said as a slight. wonder if she did that before they married. if so, he should have run

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I dont know what to make of this but why not put this in non erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Becky and Brian stories remind me of James Thurber’s classic series of sketches called The War Between Men and Women

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

northstanderrhino about 3 hours ago

Concerned about a nine month old baby being allowed on the “big wheel” at the funfair, don’t think that is in line with Health & Safety standards.

Rhino, sometimes just like the writer we should do a reread before we comment, she was five and with her grandparents. She was nine months in his dream.

Good story Freddie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, it DID descend into crap!

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

I love your Becky and Bryan stories, Freddy! We all carry so much heritage gendering with us--unchallenged, outdated, often-contradictory claims about what it is to be a man or a woman. Watching your pair sort through it in search of identities and defitions that feel true and authentic is inspiring--even when I don't fully agree with their conclusions. Thank you!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Heaven help me, I can't improve on HiVa. Another supreme installment in the encyclopaedia of Becky and Bryan (somehow "Bryan and Becky" just doesn't scan). 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Huh? Was there a story here? If so it has no ending.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Again, a 5, but I didn't like it. Too cerebral? no, too insightful? perhaps; maybe too much like real life? A bit hypocritical of me, since I criticize others for being too 'over the top' and unreal. Maybe I just get tired of the emotional jousting, the swordplay with words. I can remember, when still with my wife, coming home from work wanting to RELAX, but finding instead that I was walking thru minefields. And, of course, being nowhere near as capable as Brian here in de-arming the mines.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was good. As per usual. But…..

.

Since the tale comes BEFORE this couple goes all kinky with a live in female lover (the Audrey series) it is hard to develop much empathy for their emotional struggles in this one. The blunt fact is — where the author took this relationship in “Audrey” (and to a degree when he rather suddenly revealed that Bryan had cheated on Becky after several stories where the Bryan character was portrayed as so committed to fidelity) —- well, this reader’s ability to “give a shit” about where this relationship is going just isn’t as keen as before “Audrey”.

.

So….4 ****

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
FTC writes dialogue better than anybody

You can almost hear this couple as they argue and fight and make up, both stubborn as can be. I really appreciate the underlying theme of the tension between feminism and practical everyday life. Excellent!

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

Good story thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting tale but a 9 month old baby doesn't speak that way - doesn't walk particularly well if at all - does not go to school (maybe day care)m and shouldn't

be allowed on a Ferris wheel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I started out wondering why you put this in this category. By the end, I was wondering why you put this on this site.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Had my heart racing in the beginning - 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author is always worth reading, but this is a classic instance of overthinking and over analysis. Headache making. Still five stars.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1over 1 year ago

Interesting... and a "nice" tale...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Quite interesting and at moments profound. Well played in every way. 5555555555

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why not in "Romantic" category?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was an interesting vignette, but I think there needs to be further treatment to make it a complete story.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

writing quality should get you 5 stars. But the fact that she's an emotionally abusive &^*^ and you seem to try to excuse it, gets you 1 star for this one.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this one - but found it a bit odd.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

This was an engaging and enjoyable slice of life story about a family making their way through life. 5* storytelling.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Anon complained about a nine month old child not talking like that. That was because he was dreaming about his child as a baby, Not at her current age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great story! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

. . . "waiting for the moment when they could sneak a quick kiss." That's the whole story in a nutshell. This husband and wife are basically dishonest, deceitful, and afraid of truth. They don't even respect each other, nor their daughter. Why would they not want their daughter to see a small part of their love and affection that brought their daughter into this world? Love, fucking, food clothes and shelter, they've got it. Honesty, self-respect, virtue, not so much. The wife is immature, intellectually weak, and indoctrinated to embrace a feminism she doesn't like or understand but thinks being a woman requires it, because that's what she was lectured to believe. The husband is a warrior who realizes he has married poorly and is trapped by the child he and his wife begat. So he tries to make the best of. It might work. Hoping so doesn't cost any extra. The wife might grow up, wise up, fill up, on wisdom. I mean, she's a woman, she has centuries of wisdom and experience in her DNA. And it reads like she is getting annoyed with the logical extension of her programming, probably from a liberal arts women's college, that tells her to ignore her instincts and her intuition and just follow the feminist catechism. I think she's back sliding, God bless her.

/

The Dream; remember the dream? The dream is an accusation of what the wife might allow to happen to her child through her ignorance and distraction, focusing on some external stimulus, rather than being in the moment with her daughter and allowing herself to anticipate bad things happening when good people stop paying attention. That's what he can't tell her the dream means, that she's more focused on her status or her image or what blather is coming through her fucking phone than she is with her daughter's immediate physical and mental well being. Let's hope it's just a warning, and not a prophesy.

/

It was a very thought provoking and compelling story. Thanks for the effort.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

@Anonymous "interesting tale but..."

--

Not sure you read the entire story. Their daughter was 5 in real life, 9 months only in his nightmare.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

did she really say fuck me and did he reallt say cunt? if i said cunt i would get bitch slapped. these are some messed up porn freaks talking like that

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

i like the plot of the conversation but the character's dialog changed from smut to what normal non perverted porn watchers would say. unless they are from the UK they dont seem to think American cuss words are as bad as some Americans do. for an example the wife went from saying fuck to making love. which to me and smart Americans are 2 diff things. sure, same family but not the same meaning. this would have been a lot better to me if the dialog fit the ppl speaking it and consistent. sorry to comment on a comment but that anon ask why not in romance. ???? why would it be in romance, first it wasnt romantic, second it was an ongoing conversation between husband and a loving wife ie. LW cat. theres was a few commenters wondering why this was in LW cat. am i missing something? wonder what cat they thought it should be in besides romance. which would make no sense to a sane person anyway. gotta be messed up to think this was romantic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As I've said in the other Bryan and Becky stories Bitch Becky would be nothing but a faded memory for me by now.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Well done.

A powerful little story.

Very well written.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Adept discourse between a husband and wife who are two distinct personages with different outooks and abilities, requiring them to navigate their relations with care, even as they love each other.

kirei8kirei8about 1 year ago

Very good and thought provoking story. TRUE love can conquer most problems.

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 1 year ago

What the he'll was this story about??

LanmandragonLanmandragon9 months ago

A very interesting analysis. Thought-provoking and occasionally disturbing. Thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Tooooo dark for me. You are gifted key stroller.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Stupid writer

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...

SIMILAR Stories