All Comments on 'Equation'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 535 Comments (Page 6)
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Every time I see this kind of thing in a story, I can't help but wonder... why does the spouse so easily believe everyone else instead of their partner? She didn't even give him a fucking chance when all those testimonies (which were obvious by the way to anyone with a brain that they were paid for or had been blackmailed) came forward. Was their marriage really so worthless that she couldn't even give him a chance? That's quite unsettling and honestly I have to believe that if any couple has been together in marriage for at least a few years, they'd at least give their partner a chance to explain themselves rather than run off and ignore them completely, assuming the worst. Laura was just a fucking bitch in the end and deserved no forgiveness. Honestly, as harsh as all that was for Reed, it worked out for the best in the end and now he has a truly loving family forever.

And why the fuck did she go to Jason, the guy she claimed was a fucking creep? More inconsistencies in the weak plot.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just once - ONE TIME - when reading a story with this kind of plot regarding accusations against a spouse, it would be nice if the other spouse wasn't immediately accepting of any evidence or testimony made against their partner, and would in fact, like a reasonable and faithful partner would, at least speak to them and give them a chance to defend themselves. I think that would make for a far more plausible and entertaining story. Alas, every single one I've seen takes the dumb approach where the accused is suddenly dead to them, they run away and can't be contacted, and they're forever cut off (until the end where they want forgiveness or some shit).

TwmatthewsTwmatthews6 months ago

I agree with the last few comments. Someone who you have been married to and have worked alongside of them for years would know whether her husband had stolen a colleague's work and claimed it for their own. Being in the same department while working and living with someone would let you see first hand whether your husband would be capable of extramarital affairs. That part of the story where the wife abandons him without a discussion while believing assertions that she knew were untrue, is unrealistic. Also, from an editing perspective, I don't think there is the word "unperfect" which was used twice in the last section. I think the word is imperfect. Other than that, a very interesting story and well worth a read.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

When Laura ran out and never speaking to her husband demanding to know if he did sexually harass those girls the story lost a huge amount of credibility. The author doesn't have any clue to how a wife would react to this situation in reality. There have been many cases like this and fortunately for those who were wrongly accused the wife stood by them. I am sure some case the wife didn't believe the husbands explanation and the husband was Innocent. But hey Always ask for an explanation of the charges. Your story failed in that regard. I liked the rest of it but the premise as ruined.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

3 star for lackluster payback

Phxray54Phxray546 months ago

The perfect payback, a life well lived. Everything that happened before was the preparation for now. That is how to see life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The life he was forced into was hell and that bitch has the nerve to want to be forgiven and to get back together. I would have sued the crap out of her and I have no doubt he could have ruined her and her other guy she was bailing on. Seems like she is good at running out on the men she loves.

J.D.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19815 months ago

I have read it before and made my comments again it was a decent story besides that i do want to address the poker play you wrote like you were so skilled and so forth and that is why you won that's not the way Texas holdem works its the luck of the cards you can learn the rules and how the game is played but that is it you have to the luck of the draw on your side without it you have no chance at winning no matter how much you bluff and get someone to fold not everyone will fold not everyone bluffs the hints you listed isn't always correct either not everyone shows the tail take me you can't tail with me at all if I am bluffing or not i have no tail to the anon posted a day ago shes already ruined and the other guy and the dean will be going to prison for blackmail and sexual assault

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

Excellent story, more a love story than anything else and also the righting of a wrong. 2nd or third reading, 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I previously tested this story at Give stars, and I still do. However, you need a proofreader. Too many unforced errors, especially regarding cards. For example a pair of eights is not the Dead Man's Hand . Two pair, eights and aces, is.

JPB

kwalankwalan5 months ago

I liked the story. 4 stars But, I dislike part of the ending. No detail is given how or why his wife lied about the paper. I also agree with ;

Phxray54 25 days ago

The perfect payback, a life well lived. Everything that happened before was the preparation for now. That is how to see life.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For the story itself, it is one of the best (I love how things run in the story). A truly magnificent work. Kudos..

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Most excellent. Ace high straight flush.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Some holes in the way academia works but a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A very engrossing tale that is a winner, admittedly some insignificant holes and errors which in no way hurt the story and are unimportant to readers other than a grammer nazis . Lets face it, the idea of a tale is to have the reader entertained and immersed in it.This one did..5 stars..JZK

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

A good story, with a great redemption arc for the MMC and Kaye. However, I'd have loved for there to be more actual justice, more repercussions, and honestly more pain for Laura. Walk us through the Dean and Jason being arrested and convicted for rape by coercion and blackmail. Not just "we're persona non-grata and being fired" bullshit. Walk us through Laura losing everything in the inevitable civil suits. She was married and participated in Jason's dishonesty and slander and libel. She's culpable and can't just shelter assets.

.

Still a 5* story, but the ending in regards to Laura, Jason, and the Dean is awfully damned unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done. Not perfect, but a great read. In James’ shoes, I wouldn’t dream of being buried with the parental units, but would have rather reserved the extra space as the final resting place for Charlie. They deserve nothing less.

RubiconXRubiconX3 months ago

A delightful story about going to hell and back. It’s a little too idealistic and Hallmarkish - I mean winning the WSOP Main Event after barely playing a year or so is pretty outrageous - maybe coming in 12th or 14th or so, he would still have been in the money but early out from the second table would still have been amazing but a lot more likely. But the warm developing of his new little family was so good, it proved the old adage that the best revenge is living well. He did’t need to go all medieval on Laura. He built something way better and that was enough for him. Bravo!

MisterPGMisterPG3 months ago

A very good story. However, for the amount of pain and heartache the MC suffered, I would have wanted to see a more satisfying consequence for his tormentors. It need not need come from MCs hands, Karma can be bitch when she wants to be.

5 stars still it was a compelling read. Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a terrific story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you oshaw. I only wonder about the tales you might have had if you continued but we appreciate that which you gave us! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Complete and total AWESOMEsauce!!! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I loved it and enjoyed it. 5 big stars. I think I read this about a year or two ago and loved it then as well. It's a well written story that shows even the good guys can win.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

The thing I don't understand is why Laura would help lodge the obviously false plagiarism claims when she knew it would hurt Teri and Ben (well, his reputation at least). She did not seem like that kind of character at any point in the story until it happened, so it felt like it was very far out of left field. I could believe her divorcing Reed, I mean, she could have asked for some sort of proof from any of the girls, like most simply - give us a list of dates and times when you met, which would give plenty of room to discredit them. I mean, Reed had a lawyer with him - this is basic lawyering in any kind of sexual harassment case - you need to establish when and where the alleged events took place so you can check for alibis. Look, I know this is a LW story and I also know that we're talking about a university, so a kangaroo court in the most broad sense of the term, but they should have something more concrete on Reed, even if it was a fabrication, to make this more plausible (and more tragic). Anyway, all that aside, it was a great tale. Predictable in a lot of ways, but I enjoyed where it was going so I didn't mind. I do think Laura having the gall to make one last play for Reed was a bit OTT considering everything, but heeeeey, it's LW fiction so sort of expected. Solid 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

PLEASE READ AND GIVE THIS STORY THE "5" IT DESERVES!!!

To the author (who has not posted in 7 years): a mere 5 is an injustice.

To other commentators: Though a novel, this story is very true to life. Basically naïve, trusting people like Laura, and most of us can be manipulated by amoral narcissistic people, who can make lies seem like the purest truth. Narcissistic people simple ruin lives crating great emotional pain for many. As a counsellor I have encountered too many and even been targeted a few times. They have damaged some of my friendships, and even harmed my professional reputation. All I can do is be a faithful professional and tank God for a wonderful understanding, supportive wife.

I like stories like this one that can help people understand the dangerous traps put there in life, and perhaps save us from such death traps.

The Hoary Cleric

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 month ago

🤷👍👍👍👍👍💯💯💯💯💯💯🙈🙉🙊🎉🍺🍺🍺🍺🍕🍕🍕🍺🍺😜🙋🙋🤷😁 its ashame your not here anymore !?

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 month ago

Fun, excellent, sexy, great storyline, thank you.

KwazyWabbitKwazyWabbitabout 1 month ago

I don’t give out many 5⭐️

But this story was truly worth it. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Gadf77Gadf7722 days ago

Very nice story. Well written and with a decent ending imo.

ImshakenImshaken20 days ago

A wonderful wonderful story!!

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Laura turning on her husband without demanding answers is bullshit. Everyone knows college girls lie all the time about stuff like in this story so some kind of evidence would be needed before any university would turn on an accomplished professor. The story then is basically crap from the beginning. Unless you suspend reality like all the others ranting how good of a story this is. It could have been. I like that he fell in love with a woman and her daughter who needs help. But the rest you can throw away in the trash bin.

Helen1899Helen189920 days ago

Could. Have been great story, but the end was to rushed, no explanation why she married jason, whom she said that she couldn't stand. I could understand her walking out on him. However, like Jason and the Dean, there was no payback. Worst of all this author's stories that I have read.

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader15 days ago

Laura is another example of how education has very little to do with intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I think people underestimate the pressure that some academics feel. Laura was horrible. No doubt about it. But she was a front runner. She liked mc when he was favored and then latched onto Jason when he was favored. So does she deserve forgiveness? No. But she will live on knowing that she was so easily manipulated and seduced by power.

gofakyusefgofakyusef11 days ago

Could've been a good story, but Holy Plothole Batman! Why did Jason simply seem to accept his fate from the testimony of three coeds? The answer, of course, is to advanced the plotted agenda, of course! Any normal doofus would have been in an uproar over the unjust accusations, and would've have some shark lawyer on the school's ass immediately, demanding to interview the girls, yada yada. To protect his career? What effing career? It's already shot to hell at that point anyway.

As for Laura, the author let her off too easily (probably got lazy and tired of the story at that point). Just forgive her for immediately abandoning and betraying her husband? hahahahahahahahaha C'mon author, I expected much better from you. Getting tired of writing a story is a bitch, huh?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous