All Comments on 'Equation'

by oshaw

Sort by:
  • 535 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A solution for the Eternity Theorem

A story real or imaginary fitted to be in a Hollywood movie script!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A good story, but...

Maybe I'm a vindictive bastard. The antagonist gets fired, big whoop. I guess my needs are that he be as publicly destroyed as the hero.

Nice try - but no dice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
JASON WILL CERTAINLY....

Get what he deserves. His marriage to Laurs just ended and she started that his extortion scheme was recent. He's going to jail along with the dean. It might have been fun to hear a bit about his downfall.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 4 years ago
"Nobody in the business world would touch me."

Not true at all, Wall Street could care less where their quants come from or what they have done.

raynchkraynchkover 4 years ago
Great Story!!

Nice plot and great character development.

G5902G5902over 4 years ago
A fantastic story!

This was a fun fantasy filled story! I hope you ignore the idiots that do not write and do not have the testicular fortitude to identify themselves by posting their name! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!!!

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Great well done story

Character development is among the best I have seen in here, well written story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Wonderful!!

I really love the characters. The story was superb!!!

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

Just about perfect - 5 stars. However, it would have been good to hear a bit more about the misery inflicted on those who wronged him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Don't See How

Even Randi or CreativityTakesCourage could do better and that from me is great praise. No real reason to fill us in with more detail about the the asses who lied, deserted, stole and betrayed him. They aren't worth the authors keystrokes or my time. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Decent...

I like the fact that he threw in her face how stupid and selfish she was when she went along in the sharade of claiming he and Ben stole someone else study.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Great Story But For Laura

This was a very good story, but I agree with some of the other commentators that the Laura character makes no sense. I could believe that a wife could turn on her husband upon what appeared to be legitimate evidence of betrayal, but how could Laura then still conspire to lie not only against her husband but against Ben? Laura was obviously intelligent, and I could not see her becoming a party to a lynching. Laura should have been better and more reasonably developed.

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
A LOVING WIFE STORY?

Well, Laura certainly wouldn't qualify for that 'position' and should have been written a more painful 'end' All too often in life people like 'Reed' get shafted by criminals like Jason and Laura and never get the 'breaks' they deserve. It's nice to have been exposed to a story that has an appropriate reward for such a person. I echo the comment by 'Tajfa' This was a magnificent story of characters that will remain with me. Thank You for your skill, imagination and this entertaining tale. 5***** I loved every word.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
One of the few

stories I would award 6-stars to ... if that were possible. Thank you!

Anon-rdew

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Excellent

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I came here to quickly masturbate but ended up reading a really kickass story. Didnt cum, but plot's too good I can forgive it

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

Excellent story BUT

I think it's hardly a "loving wive" part in it. Laura was a betraying bitch and the parts with Kaye were too short and their relationship was mainly business the majority of the time together. You could also just throw in a very good friend in it. (maybe except for the hospital, attack part).

A little more parts written on how Kaye's and James's relationship evolved and how they "found" to each other really in more detail. I felt you kinda flew over it.

anyways that's high level complaining/criticizing about a very good story in general.

5*Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story

I loved this story. It sucked me in right from the start. I would have liked to seen a bit more personal payback to Jason for destroying his past life and maybe a little more explanation why Laura did a 180 so easily. But apart from that it was a great well thought out story. I look forward to reading more of your work

rightbankrightbankalmost 4 years ago
Entertaining - Dramatic - Romantic

A roller coaster of extreme emotions.

.

I just wish you could left us with a better image of Kaye compared with Laura.

.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No

Kaye was NOT an alley cat compared to Laura!! Laura turned out to be a weak and DISLOYAL slut, without enough character to withstand Jason and his lies. She MARRIES her husband's accuser, without giving James a chance to defend himself. What a poor bit of trash, to help and join in the attack on Ben! LAURA was an alley cat, compared to Kaye, a caring, loyal woman. That line was totally unnecessary but the story deserved five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

One of my favorites.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 4 years ago

This really was a great story! Giving it Five Stars just does not seem to do it justice. Thank you for one of the best stories I have ever encountered on this or any other site.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Great story. The good guys won and had guys lost. Five stars.

KaripetKaripetover 3 years ago

Great read! It was well written with a nice plot. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fucking EPIC. That is all.

No, it's not. I have to agree with an earlier comment. Who's more of an alley cat-the highborn, well raised young lady who abandons you the second you get in trouble to save her own ass without ever asking you for your side or giving you any benefit of the doubt? Or the rough edged, slightly uncouth young mother who has your back before she even knows your name?

Laura is the alley cat, not Kaye. It's your decisions, not your decorum, that makes you a good... Or bad... Person.

rootcauserootcauseover 3 years ago
Awesome

Can't wait to read all of your stories.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
One of the Best

Truly, one of the best I have read and I have been reading and leaving anonymous comments for some time. This is one of the best, if not the best, I have read. This is my 3rd or 4th read. Needs more than 5*.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Second Time Of Reading...

...and still it's a fresh and wonderful as before.

I agree with the earlier comment re alley cat; Kaye may well have been brought up poor and whatever but her actions, etc in trying to raise her daughter and growing love for Reed were far more honourable than Laura's.

I thought the ending was slightly rushed and it would have been great to hear him reject the university's offer and go elsewhere but it's still a brilliant story worth 5 stars.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

To me, the mark of a great story is not really wanting it to end. This is one of those stories. Thank you.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Spot on

Pepepilot is spot on, a truly great story that should never have ended. What a wonderful author

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story (as usual) but...

As an old motorcycle enthusiast and mechanic, I humbly suggest that motorcycles aren’t comprised of engine/body (the Indian), rather engine/frame. Also, not knowing the model, the BSA almost certainly doesn’t have an engine block, rather left and right crankcase halves, and a separate cylinder (referred to as the “jug”) which would be bored out. Am I quibbling over several minor points? Yes! But these research oversights cause this story to be less believable- to me at least. Oshaw is certainly in a small group of top-tier writers on this site, so pardon my comments! Just sayin’, however. Certainly five ⭐️ stars for this one!

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
GREAT STORY

No amount of semantic garbling from a 'mechanic' could ever tarnish this magical story and as a mechanic/technician/manager of many years in several countries I have met 'mechanics' like the verbose anonyMOUSE and feel justified in ignoring his/her take on the vernacular used in this story. As a teacher of his subject I have advised many a student not to worry too much about the name of a component just be sure you know what it does and where it goes! I truly LOVED this story 5***** Thank You 'oshaw'

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 3 years ago
This is a good read

To go from a respected scholar to a nothing has to be tough. Then luck stepped in he met a good woman who looked out for him. They both teamed up and saved each other she even added to his luck by having/giving him a little girl.

The only thing missing was the reaction to his being proven not to be bad was how his ex-wife treated the wife of his former minter.

Each time I read this story there’s more to uncover. My former evaluation of this story increased. It is now a full 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really Good

Just one comment;Alley cat? Kaye?! Laura couldn't reach Kaye's toes! Laura was disloyal and dishonest in her quest for her misplaced vengeance. Success in Academia does not qualify you to be placed amongst the "good people" of this world. Kaye was by far the better human being. 5*s, for a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just A Great Story

And I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I am appalled at all the comments referring to Laura as an alley cat. Shame on all of you. Even alley cats have pride, and feelings. I think the term “alley rat” better fits Laura. Thanks, oshaw, for the great story. Of course it deserves Five Stars.

poorangyanpoorangyanover 3 years ago
Plagiarism?

Reed being held guilty of plagiarism by the committee is unbelievable. To prove the charge, there must be published material that he (and Steven) had copied - in full or part. If we presume that the entire committee was manipulated by the Dean, it shows the University in very poor light. And what action was taken by the journals in which Reed and Steven published their supposedly plagiarized work?

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

That was a good one and so were the others by you I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed This!

I enjoyed the story overall. The only disappointment was that it was no BTB.

Ricky17Ricky17over 3 years ago

Excellant!

A lovely account of a fallen academic's efforts to reclaim his honour and self respect.

Who said Maths are dull?

So Laura wasn't a BNB but my did she burn her fingers. If James chose her over Kaye

I would have stabbed him myself!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Second time around and just as good. What goes around comes around a phrase that gives us all hope. The demonization of people we believe in and the lies told by the press and politicians will come to light. Good story, keep writin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Insufficient payback

Enjoyed this story, but there was insufficient payback on the Feder and the Dean

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
So

Basically zero repercussions for the whore ?

Three stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Happy Ever After

I absolutely loved this story. I have lived reality and in these times there is not too many happy endings. I love the Happy Ever After! Really GOOD story. Thank you for sharing your talent!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not perfect but

pretty good. Requires more than average suspension of disbelief. As a retired math professor I wish you had made it harder for him to solve the conjecture. (Couple of corrections to help your future efforts:

"Atypical" means "NOT typical"

"... it was like Judy hadn't ate in a week" eaten

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Outstanding

5*****

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago
GREAT!!!

Tis is a great story. I don't play poker, and I have a hard time counting to 5. Hence, you have my rating of 10 stars. But anyone who knows me knows the Bear can't count. I loved it .The Bear approves. Now go marry the girl, and screw the bitch and the academics. Keep writing.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story.

A few issues that can easily be fixed with a little academic and math review

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 3 years ago

Good story and good ending.

Sir GalahadSir Galahadabout 3 years ago
Needs more education on poker and blackjack

The only problem I have with the story is oshaw's assumption everyone knows enough about card games to understand what's going on around the table. I know enough about blackjack to know you hit on 15, stand on 16, and I know what a five card Charlie is, and I know if the house and the player tie, the house wins. But I don't know how a split works. And when it comes to poker, while I understand five card draw and five card stud, things like Texas Hold 'Em are incomprehensible. An explanation of how that game is played, to say nothing about the slang used to describe the various stages and how going all in works would make it more enjoyable.

A little more sex, at least a couple more sessions, would have enhanced it too. It's clear to me oshaw understands card games and possibly has even played in Vegas at the casinos. I'd have appreciated his taking the half a page or more, scattered through the story, to educate the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An interesting and a good story with a real ending just what I always root for.

I don’t pretend to understand card games, but I have found out that if I play cautiously & try to not get excited I can win. The funny part is at the end of the game other layers have been amazed at my pile of chips.

Me too. In fact the last time I played in a very remote military site, I threw a free night for everybody stationed there & still had half my winnings.

Haven’t thought about that for over 50 yeats.

Bill

Ocker53Ocker53about 3 years ago

Excellent, well worth the read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

chairfanchairfanabout 3 years ago

Great story! I wish this author was still active, I've enjoyed every single one of their works.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for you. I love this story, by far the best one. Keep writing and I hope each story will unfold in a somewhat similar style as this one.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

Great Story

Although I wish for more hellfire and damnation on those that lied, cheated and whored themselves to destroy his life. There used to be a joke about you know it's going to be a bad day when your secretary comes in to your office and tells you that Mike Wallace from 60 Minutes in in the outer office with a film crew and wants to talk to you. I imagine it was that way for the Dean, Feder and Laura. We knew from the start that Feder was a POS, seemed likely that the Dean shared that description but Laura, she was in a lack of class all her own. The only downside to anything more happening to her that she richly deserves is the little boy, it's not his fault that his parents are despicable people.

The only fault that I saw was the mention that a pair of 8's is the Dead Man's Hand. Legend has it that the hand Bill Hickock was holding when he was murdered in the Nuttal & Mann's consisted of a pair of black aces and black 8's. The building burned down shortly afterwards and another building was put up in it's place which is open advertising as the site where he was killed. There is another saloon in Deadwood named Saloon #10 which when we were there back in the '90's had the chair they claim is the chair he was in when killed and the two pair hand framed on the wall. Don't know if it was ever proven that they were the real deal or not. When we were there Kevin Costner had recently purchased the Midnight Star Casino and had many of his movie memorabilia on display, I understand it's been sold.

I'm one of many who miss Oshaw. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LOSER WOMAN CRAZY JAMES REED SHOULD HAVE MANNED UP FROM THE START....HE WAS A PUSHOVER FROM THE START BY PAYING FOR THE TREATS....THEN OBSESSING OVER LAURA

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Loved it! Great story, O!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You lost me at, “Compared to you, Kaye is an alley cat.” That comes across as an incredibly disrespectful way to describe someone he loves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

great story . . .great characters . . .5 stars . . .thank you O - third read

somewhere east of Omaha

LoisKnight69LoisKnight69almost 3 years ago

Some are upset by the "alley cat" statement in the story. It is not a slam against Kaye. Instead, based on how beautiful Kaye was described as being, it was an attempt to emphasize that Laura's beauty was on an entirely different level. I think Laura's spectacular beauty also explains her stupidity of thinking Reed might reconcile with her. Laura had never had a man NOT want to be with her; smart as she was she still didn't understand that appearance isn't the only or most important thing. Think of whom you consider to be the most beautiful actress ever. Now consider an actress considered pretty by culture. there is a world of difference between them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Alley Cat? No I don't like that all....4 stars

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

One of your best. Your imagination serves you well

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Good story....but

There would have been more consequences for the Dean and Federer. I believe the girls all would have had them charged with blackmail, sexual abuse and more! As far as your story goes, they didn't suffer nearly enough! ....And....if I were Reed who now has lots of money and a shitload of "biker friends", the Dean and Federer would have really paid the piper!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well where is the part about the legal system helping Reed get all the money from the guys and Laura? I for one would have preferred to see the bitch and the bastards offspring suffer financially for her actions and lies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. It would have been improved with more payback on the cheaters an unfaithful, as well as more credit to Ben

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

A well written and creative plot which I struggled to put down. In the end I got up in the middle of the night to finish reading it! That is a either a sign of a great story or of my poor sleep habits (probably both). However, I felt that this is more a Romance story rather than Loving Wives. 5 stars and added to my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but Reed calling Kaye an “alley cat” at the end lost him a lot of credibility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would have liked it more if it didn't have the cliché "Loving Wives" ending of the ex trying to receive forgiveness and somehow reforge a relationship with the MC. It seems in these stories that, regardless of how much time has passed or the magnitude of the sin, the ex always tries to come back to the person they cheated on. It's the most ridiculous part of these stories. That and calling Kaye an "alley cat" was insulting.

lonelyinbkklonelyinbkkover 2 years ago

One of the best writers here. Too bad nothing new in a long while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I normally do not give a "Love it." Your story caught me from the beginning and held on to me till the end. The premise of a great story is to d just that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Laura got hers. Then Kaye finally got hers, a real husband and father to her daughter and unborn child. Kaye, Judy and the unborn baby are his wife and children!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A top quality story by a top quality writer. Everyone got what they deserved in the end. Maybe not real life, but that's why we have fiction.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quality story by an exceptional writer. The referral to Katie as an alley cat is NOT a slam but a tribute to her. The alley cat reference is her need to fight for her family - some people are so damn stupid!

I am in awe of quality writers: oshaw, qhml1, Randi: just to name a very few. Until you or I am able to write a tale even close to this quality, a simple thank you is all that is neccessary.

THANK YOU oshaw for your stories.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

😭😭😭💙💙💙

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

What a great story even the second time around. What goes around comes around and there truly is such a thing as karma. I have experienced it once already now I am waiting for it to happen again. 5 stars of course

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Laura has to the most stupid woman ever, it’s clear as day that it ‘‘twas a lie, to go into hands James hater and have a kid with him and expect James to forgive is lunacy, she was unfair to him

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely story

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

This bitch ass poker dude needed to be killed. Don’t give a damn about his sitting on his ass fighting prison yard muscle head. If you can’t get it up enough to fight and win for your family you don’t deserve to breath

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Yes the alley cat could be seen as her need to fight for her family but he clearly states how Laura is more beautiful than Kaye, on the outside anyway. That’s life don’t get mad. So what if his ex is more beautiful, she turned out to be vile and stupid. To fall for the lies and get with a man she despised to start with. Coward

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

What a super story, reading it again gives time to savour all the nuances. Love it.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 2 years ago

thanks for another great one

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicely done! Some of the drama was a bit 'over the top' and excessive, but having set the scene the story ran well to a great conclusion. Awesome.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Marvelous. From the depths of betrayal and loss to the fight for survival, to renewal, restoration and healing of spirit. The technical handling of math and advanced card play was convincing enough for this layman. Five stars for sure. I for one have no problem with this storybook ending. Life should have more of them.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

As a resident of 'Sin City' for nearly 30 years, I enjoy stories that take place here - although it started with Crime Story in the 80's.

This is a great story.

4certain4certainabout 2 years ago

Five well deserved stars. With nearly three-quarters of a million readers rating this story highly, it is worthy of being made into a movie or tv drama. The minor holes or flaws some reviewers cited were easy for me to ignore in this outstanding story.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerabout 2 years ago

It is even better the 2nd and 3rd time.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

NICE!!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A few hours back, after finishing reading oshaw's story "Deter", I was moved to give it a rating of 2 stars, due to the way it turned out having horrified me.

.

With "Equation", oshaw has "redeemed" him/her-self. In this story, although it took awhile to get there, oshaw chronicles a small family's triumph of the human spirit, despite great adversity and some despair. As such, it is an uplifting tale that definitely met my "entertaining" test.

.

This one earns the full 5 stars.

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Laura ... typical SWAMP DONKEY

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 2 years ago

I know you gave up on writing BUT I would love toread a continuation of this story. it appears to me that there is so much more to share with this story. zombies Damn you for quoting when you did!!

2Reader2Readerabout 2 years ago

Hold up now, when dude walked in he said Charlie was scrawny but when they start wrestling for knife he said he was bulked up with prison muscle. Poor little loser always losing to the bullies. He could have done something to hurt meth head but he just doesn’t have it in him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The Laura angle bugs me… I wish her role would have been toned down a little. It would have made the ending less clear cut, perhaps, but I don’t think the story benefitted from her as an antagonist.

OneOldFart690OneOldFart690about 2 years ago

Excellent yarn. Good ending as well. I am amazed how some women profess to love their man, but when the shit hits the fan, they aren't prepared to defend and support, but to depart quicker than a fart in a fan factory. Laura had seen what Jason was like during her early days but still allowed her judgement to be swayed by bluster, bullshit and his lies.

Kaye, on the other hand, was described as an Alley Cat, but they defend their own with a passion and fervour that is rarely found in others. A Mama Bear has the same or similar trait.

Shame on the media for raking up the past to get a story as well. Some reporters, and some media editors, are lower than a snake's belly in my opinion.

The plot line is good, the story is well set out, and flows in a logical manner.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Mr.Oshaw I cannot imagine the terrible loss and grief that you have experienced. The outrageous slander and unjust accusations are even more unbelievable as to tempt madness. Consequences of aching sorrow echoes truth and pain reflected in your stories.It is more meaningful to me than gratuitous sex.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous