All Comments on 'Eric Olafson, Neo Viking Vol. 01'

by VanessaRaven

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Wow. What a story!

Looking forward to part 2 :)

VanessaRavenVanessaRavenover 3 years agoAuthor
Volume 2 coming soon.

You can check my latest stories at https://www.patreon.com/vanessaravencroft

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

I have never left a comment, despite having more than a decade of Literotica under my belt. I’ve read members compare other authors to Tefler and I just smile. You, my friend, should be compared to Tefler

VanessaRavenVanessaRavenover 3 years agoAuthor
Volume II

I posted Volume II a while ago. It is still pending. It seems to take every long time

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
An amazing tale

Your story is amazing Vanessa and deserves a far wider audience.

It does however need some serious editing for spelling and grammar. I didn't let this impair my enjoyment too much or stop me voting with five stars.

Now looking forward to volume 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting

I read this first instalment and your second instalment. Both are good and thought-provoking and are an interesting blend of Norse and Sci-Fi. The plot is complex and captivating.

Unfortunately, both Part 1 and Part 2 would benefit from careful proof reading and use of an editor. There are many examples where 'form' is used instead of 'from,' where words are missing and incorrect words are used, e.g. 'where' for 'were' and vice versa. Since some words that were incorrectly used sound the same as the word that was likely meant to be used, I have the limited perception that parts of the text may have been dictated into transcription software and not proof read.

I look forward to part 3 and subsequent parts.

VanessaRavenVanessaRavenover 3 years agoAuthor

Okay, I found a solution to my editing problems. It's a company called Grammarly and they do offer expert help on editing and they charge .099 per word (that is an average of 630 bucks per chapter. that would be $15,675 per Volume or $117,425 for 11 volumes. Unless I win the lottery, find a truly generous patron or a traditional publisher provides an editor. This is the best I can do. I have a gofundme page of mine that tries to raise money exactly for that purpose. Editing, professional promotion, finding an agent, getting a new laptop, etc. But I am still far from that goal

Sorry about the editing problems.

Vanessa

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Outstanding!

Norse space opera of the finest kind!

Boo hoo there are little bits of editing needed, doesn't detract from an amazing story.

Cheers and all the best

Phil

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 3 years ago

Have to agree, everyone loves a good Viking space opera!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love it. Never really liked space stories but love this one. I even cried a few times. Again.. love it 5 stars x

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This ending(last few chapters) seems very rushed, or it was written first and tacked on to a story that had evolved and didn't quite fit it anymore. Overall it was interesting.

wheels0132wheels0132about 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this story and the world that was created, however the cross-dressing/transgenderism creeping in kind of sent up some red flags, the poor editing/proofreading didn't help either. As I started reading the 2nd volume, I saw where this was heading; Eric becoming Erica... and that killed it for me. I know the author passed away in late 2020, and she'll never read this; but I thought I'd put his note here for others as I was disappointed in the amount of time I invested in this story, just to find out that it goes in a direction I don't care for. This comment is for those others like me. I would have loved to keep reading about an kick ass neo-viking that doesn't turn into a woman, but that's just me.

goo_neiggoo_neigabout 1 year ago

Sorry to read yo are gone.

I enjoy the story.

sweet dreams.

Sak77Sak778 months ago
Off to a great start, but

then you spelled it Nilfheim (sic), and I'm sorry, it's a fault of my own, but I just can't wrap my head around such an egregious and constant misspelling of Niflheim. Also, ANY would-be viking be they Dane, Swede, Norwegian, or what-have-you would EVER, repeat EVER name a world Niflheim!! It is a dark place of horror filled with the dead and ruled by one of the most terrifying divinities in all legend: Hel. There's NO chance a habitable planet would be named Niflheim, even if they were the most rancid troll out there. What viking would name a habitable world HE is going to settle on after the AFTERLIFE REALM OF THE COWARDLY DEAD?!?! Name it Bilskirnir after Thor's hall! Just NOT Nilfheim (sic). Want to write about vikings? Go at it. But get your lore right, please. At least H. Beam Piper didn't steal from Norse legend; he just used the term viking in his most excellent novel "Space Viking".

nighthawk22204nighthawk2220418 days ago

Very sorry to read of Vanessa's departure. I compliment her on producing such an epic first volume, but considering that it took me several evenings to read it all, which was definitely a struggle, for all the reasons heretofore stated, I won't volunteer to edit it. Let it be a testimony to her noble effort, although at times reading it was so complicated that I questioned whether English was her primary language.

LangeannLangeann5 days ago

Wow! Just Wow!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVanessaRaven@VanessaRaven
Some background info I have a German mother and had an American father. I grew up in Germany, Texas, and Alaska. I went to school in Switzerland , Heidelberg, Fairbanks, and Houston. I studied Physics in Germany, I participated with an Opel in a Paris Dakkar Rally Dakkar Ra...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES