Eric Olafson, Neo Viking Vol. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I shrugged. "There is always something you can do and I simply can't help myself getting involved when I notice something unfair and your situation is so far the most unfair I came across."

"You said that about the ladies bag too, the unfair thing."

"It's one of my two big problems that keep getting me in trouble."

I got up, "Let's pay the tavern keeper and then I need to get me a hotel or something and buy me some other clothing.

I also want to find a Union Post office. I think I am sending Mördaren home and get me something else. I would never forgive myself if I lost it."

"Mördaren?"

"My sword's name."

"You are weirder than I thought. I did hear of pets but naming a sword?"

"It's a Nilfeheim thing."

I paid the bill and the lady said to the girl.

"You can come back now and will be welcome."

On our way out I said. "You won't be welcome if she notices her golden cat thing missing you stole from the counter. I buy you one if you want one."

He eyes darkened. "I don't want one but it might bring a few credits from Lucas, he buys stuff from us and sells it on the Xchange Net."

I went back in and paid the lady for the missing statue, and when I l came back out, the girl was gone.

Maybe it was better that way. I should not get involved anyway and who knows what the entire story was, maybe she was a hardened criminal.

She sure was stealing everything in sight.

In a clothing store I looked over the offerings and found the male section measly and drab compared to the two floors dedicated to female clothing. I resisted the urge.

I purchased a pair of pants, the salesman said was a 3000 years classic. he called them jeans.

I added a deep red shirt. I was an Olafson after all.

The salesman, a insectoid Klack wiggled his feelers and showed me to a rack in the back of the store. "You might be interested in those, Sir. Leather jackets made of genuine Nilfeheim leather. I noticed your cape and pants and never seen a finer quality."

The leather jackets were of Fangsnapper leather alright, but cut differently than any jacket or coat I had seen before. "Sir, there must be a mistake. That jacket here has a price tag of over 2000 credits."

"Sir, this is no mistake, we are able to offer them at these bargain prices because we are still in the same region as the planet this leather comes from. You might be lucky to find one of these in a luxury boutique on Pluribus for 10 to 15, ooo creds.

The Tyranno Fin leather coat you have is a magnificent piece and could easily fetch 50- 60,000."

"Odin's beard. I am from Nilfeheim. I had no idea our leather is that expensive."

I did end up with one of the leather jackets and wondered if the leather had been tanned in our tanneries.

I did like the so called -Terran-All -Terrain Boots - he recommended.

These boots had adaptive soles and were akin to the feet of a Terran Gecko, so the Klack explained and would automatically adapt to any surface. They were very compfortable.

I went and put my old clothing and the sword in a big box and paid the Union Postal service to deliver it to my sister for safe keeping.

I felt already very different without fur coat, vest or the leather trousers I was so accustomed to. and I decided I liked leather better than jeans. Everything I wore now felt lighter, much lighter and I wasn't sure I would keep dressing like this. Well at least I looked like a real Off-Worlder now.

I also purchased a more advanced PDD, one with GalNet connection. The model I bought it was over eight thousand credits. All in all I must have spent over ten thousand credits and yet the readout of my credit strip had not really changed.

As I left the PDD store the girl stood outside, her bag looked empty and she said.

"I just went and shared the food with the others in the nest. They could not believe what I told them. So here I am. Your Twilight tour guide. If I charge you 20 Credits for this service would you say no?"

"Why don't we make another deal? We get you cleaned up and I get you some decent clothing and when you are all clean I give you twenty credits and a tip." "You pay me for that?"

"Sure will."

I took the PDD and said. "Greylines Passenger Relations of coach 554 on Twilight. I like to make changes to my travel arrangements."

"One moment please, connecting."

"Greylines Passenger Relations. Please transmit your ticket blip."

I did.

"Olafson, Eric. Boarded on Nilfeheim with final destination Arsenal Gate?" "Correct"

"What can I do for you?"

"I like to stay a little on Twilight and take a later bus"

"No problem. Your ticket is a Union traveler Pass and it is good for one year and on all connections to Arsenal Gate, regardless the routes or detours you take.

Do you have luggage aboard?"

"No."

"Then all is set you may take any later or different bus at any time you choose. Thank you for choosing Greylines and have a nice day."

The girl eyed my new gadget. "That's a SII -- Prodat 9 is it not?"

"I think so, I just bought it. My old one was not GalNet enabled. Don't steal it. It was quite expensive."

"I know I could get 100 Credits for it from Lucas."

"I think your Lucas keeps a hefty profit for himself then. This thing just cost me 8000 and its brand new. Even if he gets half for it, you should get more than 100 credits for it."

She blinked." You just spend 8000 credits, just like that?"

"More or less. Money wasn't really my thing when I grew up So are we still on or keep standing around?"

"There is a scrub and soak on Level 9 for Dust Miners. I could shower there."

Her face did not look happy as she said it.

"You don't want to get clean?"

"Yes I don't mind being clean, but water isn't free up here and it's a long way to the river.

There are only Dust Miners and rough men at the Scrub and soak..."

"It was your suggestion. I was thinking about a Hotel room with a private bath." Her face lit up. "A real Hotel with one bed per room?"

"Do they have unreal hotels too?"

"There are Bunk Houses, Hostels, Sleep halls, Hour Hotels, Portels, Bed and Breakfasts, one, two, three, four and five star Hotels and there is even one Ultra Lux in the City."

I sighed, "Off- World, is really more complicated than I imagined" I waved ahead "Go alead the way and pick one. We have two hotels on Nilfeheim and I never been in one."

"How much do you want to spend?"

I shrugged. "Is there one with a nice view perhaps of the outside or something?" Exa's eyes sparkled. "Well there is no better view than from the Bridge Hotel." "That's the one Girl. Lead the way."

She led me to a bank of Inter Port Transports and we entered a transport bullet cabin, she keyed in a destination and the bullet was shoved into the main tube second later we emerged in a transparent tube attached to the canyon wall and at the underside of the space port.

I could now see the entire port was hanging two thirds over the cliff of a mind blowing canyon.

On the other side was a City with sky scrapers built the same way hanging over the cliff. Port and city were connected via fragile looking bridge.

But taking the size of the city and the space port complex into account the bridge must have been gigantic.

I said to her."Say didn't you want to stay somewhere on that bridge or is there another bridge hotel or something?"

"I am sorry Eric, but the others said I must do that or they kill me."

She touched my hand with something and I felt my legs give away and slide along the wall to the floor.

She looked sad. "Sorry Eric. I had no choice. You will be gone tomorrow and I am still with the Port Roaches."

I passed out. My last coherent thought was how stupid I had been once again.

GalNet Entry

After the last great war between the Big Four ( Union, Shiss, Nul and the Galactic Council lead by the Kermac) and during the armistice conference it was decided that all space not Territory of either of these species was declared Unrestricted Space, and buffer zones between these galactic super powers, it was called Free Space. Several space faring civilizations such as the Kartanian, the Velox, the Armosia and the elusive Togar declared their space Free Space during the same Armistice conference. The main article of that contract prohibits any of the Big Four to operate fleets, armed ships or trespass into free space. (Private ships and civilians are not included in this contract) Each of the Big four and the so called Neutrals watching very closely that the others do not violate Free space. Free Space is now a heaven for pirates, the lawless element of all Civilizations and the most famous of all the lawless places is Sin 4.

For almost 500 years since the end of the last war by armistice, the 4th planet of the Sin system is synonymous with crime of every possible shade and flavor and every vice, every drug and everything illegal anywhere else can be found here. Crime Syndicates operate openly with offices. Sin 4 is relative close to Nul, Union and Kermac space as well as within reach of Kartanian and Togar and also a Trade hub for the little trade that is going on between those sides.

Sin 4 is the only Non-Union planet connected to GalNet. (SII operates a Call Center and a Bank on Sin 4). Anything can be purchased or sold on Sin 4. Including sentient beings, generally known as Slaves.

Sin 4 has two continents and 14 major islands. The entire northern Continent is one big city. Build without any regulations. All 14 islands are occupied. Twelve belong to the twelve major crime syndicate families running the planet. Number Thirteen is known as Trash Island and the fourteenth island features one of the main temples of the Sojonit Sect.

Union Travelers are urged to avoid Frees space and Sin 4 as the space is Pirate infested and there is a good chance one does not leave Sin 4.

There are four levels of Society known to exist on Sin 4. The Echelon or the top level consists of the Crime Lords, their Sub bosses and Lieutenants. The Beston are the rich who pay horrendous sums for their safety and operate the high end businesses on Sin 4 that are not directly owned by the Syndicates. The Averas are the workers, employees, enforcers and all those who hold a job either with Beston Companies or with the Crime Syndicate. The Lows are the unskilled laborers, the little street vendors and the street gangs. Finally there are the Skath, the lowest day laborers, old whores, escaped slaves, the homeless and the sick.

Interlude 3: Sin 4

Shea sat in one of the frilly white gazebos that dotted the beautiful landscaped park like garden that surrounded the Sojonit Temple on Sojonit Island. It was a beautiful sunny day. On her lap the Book of Sojo, in it the secret history and many but not all secrets of her order. She was dressed like all Sojonit Sisters that ventured outside the Inner temple. A pink bra and over it a sheer bolero style jacket with long fluttering sleeves. She had opted for the pink mini skirt and the thigh high pink heeled boots. She also could have worn the Bikini bottom with the harem style veil pants over it. Her face was hidden behind a flesh colored face semi rigid mask that resembled a beautiful woman's face with an open mouth, and her real hair underneath a shoulder long wig in page cut also in pink. The Sojonites were considered the most expensive prostitutes in the Galaxy. They worshiped Sojo the Goddess, spirit of universal love and sexual pleasures. The Order of the Sojonit so legend had it, already existed when the Seenians ruled the Galaxy over a Million years ago and the truth was not so far off. As the Sojonit Order was founded by a group of Seenians and Saresii women, near the end of a terrible war against the Dark Ones.

The Seenians a highly advanced civilization once ruled over much of the galaxy in a glorious age of peace, cultural and technological advances. Then dark force of great evil and great power rose, remembered today only as the shadowy Dark Ones waged war against the Seenians. No weapon, none of their psionic powers, not even the Narth were able to stop these Dark Ones in their relentless pursuit of death and destruction. The Narth retreated and their entire Star System simply vanished.

The Saresii back then a vibrant and warrior like species also gifted with vast psionic abilities, allied themselves with the Seenians paid a horrible price. All of their many colonies were destroyed or contact lost. Only by isolating Sares prime and cutting of all contacts to colonies and space itself they managed to hide their homesystem from the relentless, unstoppable hordes of the enemy.

The Seenians were utterly destroyed, and even their real name forgotten. The Saresii, once a highly advanced civilization reduced to a hungry, resourceless society blamed male aggressiveness and arrogance for this cathastropic defeat. Space exploration was completley prohibited any remaing space faring technology destroyed. Isolation so they argued saved them from the same fate as the Seenians, so they raised the aspect of isolation to the core philosophy of their society and remained confined to the worlds of Sares One for over half a million standard years. They also rejected masculine expressions, cultural contribution and male leadership.

Just before the end of that war, a small group of Seenians and Saresii women left on a quest to find an alternative way to figh and acording to Sojo lore they found a mythical world, and met the goddess Sojo who taught them that love and the art of sexual pleasures was an alternate way to conquer evil and the Dark Ones.But the sacred religious text also told of a great sacrifice that was made. Of a long period of learning and absorbing. Thousands of years passed in the universe. Seenians vanished and the Saresii isolated, the women that left on their guest had become the High saints of the Sojonit Order. Knowing the secrets to induce the ultimate carnal pleasures to any living sentient species in the universe. A fully trained Sojonit Sister knowing all the orders secrets, so the legend claimed could not only bring unsurpassed sexual pleasures, but also easily control and kill being that way. Regardless if that being was humanoid non human, male or female.

The History of the Sojonit changed little over the millennia but their order and their reputation grew. Known to many space travelling societies near and far. To worship Sojo treasures had to be collected in her name and so it came that the Sojonit travel the Galaxy offering their skills to the richest customers who gladly pay the highest sums in any valuable trade unit for a time of pleasure with a Sojonit.

The Sojonit all appeared human female, dressed and looked, thanks to their masks alike so no one would fall in love with a particular one. But even the huge non humanoid Boloth, the four armed giant Petharians were eager customers and only recalled their wildest phanatasies fullfilled with the most perfect partner of their dreams.

Shea looked up from her book and remembered how she came to this island. Ten or eleven years ago. then she was only five or maybe six years old, her mother a Skath, living in a trash bag plastic tent in the Slums outside the City of Sin 4.

She remembered her mother to be almost as thin as a Stick, the true natives of this world. Shea did not know how her mother ended up in the slums or if she herself was the daughter of a Skath. Skath had no rights, no future and struggled daily to stay alive, by begging, stealing, scavenging and competing against the vermin brought here from a thousand worlds, for morsels of anything consumable.

Skath had no quarrels eating each other if they had a chance.

If it was digestible it was food. The source meant nothing. When the most basic struggle for sustenace became the only way of life. Morals, ethics, believes meant nothing.

One night her mother said she would not survive another day and told her daughter to take the little boat she had stolen and head to the Sojonit Island. She told her if she could make it she had a chance to escape certain death.

Shea remembered vividly as her mother, thin as a skeleton, filthy with only a few tufts of hair mother collapse from some disease or illness right there on the shore, after she had shoved the make shift boat with her crying and begging daugher of shore. She wanted to return and wanted to return, to rush to her mothers side, but the packing crate, turned into a little boat, was caught by the ocean bound stream of stinking sewage waters. Helpless she watched as six legged Heghoor scavengers ravaged her mothers fallen body and tore her to bloody bits, fighting among each other for every last morsel of flesh. fell over her mother's body.

She drifted crying, hungry and thirsty for many hours, the immense contient spanning dirty city becoming more distant. the thirty eight kilometers in tears, weak of hunger and thirst but almost made it, when an armed flier most likely just for fun and target practice opened fire on her boat that was nothing more than a plastic covered cardboard box and shot her through the leg as she jumped in the water.

She held on to something floating, not remembering what it was and she could not recall how she managed to cover the thirty miles to the Sojonoit island, but the Sojos that found her more dead than alive, among th rugged and sharp edged boulders that lined the south shore of the island.

Mother Superior herself was one of those present and she allowed her to be taken inside the temple and to be cared for. Shea was told that it was not certain she would survive. She had been here on the Sojonit Island ever since.

Mother Superior was very kind to her and she was taught much of the techniques and the secret knowledge, but Shea and none of the other novices that were accepted to become Sojo sisters did not know how the human looking Sojonit Sisters could service a four meter Petharian or an Ult. This knowledge was reserved for sisters who came of age and advanced to the next circle of training. Many girls and women applied and only very few were selected and fewer made it to the next circle.

She noticed someone coming and turned her head to see past her pink hair who was approaching the frilly white gazebo, partially overgrown with the sweet smelling flowers of the Climber shilas, a soft mauve colored flower said to be brought here from the secret world and home of the goddess Soja herself.

It was the Mother Superior herself. She was the only one who did not wear pink but deep red, her clothing was not as transparent as the others and the mouth of her mask was closed.

Shea got up from the bench and immediately knelt down as it was proper. Shea had received her mask only a year ago and with it she received her Sojo name and was no longer called Shea. When she wore the face cover she was only known as Wetmouth.

When she looked up inside the eye slits of her mask she could, by looking at eye switches activate several technical and very advanced features of her mask. One such feature sent data directly before her retina. Her mask instantly recognized any other genuine Sojo mask and tell her the sister name of the person she looked at. She also could activate a force field; fill the soft pliable mask lips with poison for a last and final kiss. Or release tiny crystal needle projectiles. Utterly and instantaneously lethal to almost all known life. The readout placed on her retina told her immediately that this was the genuine Mother Superior.

Mother superior motioned to her."Please return to be seated my child. I have to talk to you and I think this is a good place to do that."

The red dressed woman sat down while Wetmouth returned to her seat waiting what this was all about.

Mother superior began. "Wetmouth, you have been gifted with a very bright mind. While we lack the proper measuring and testing tools I am sure your IQ exceeds that of 99 percent of the galaxies sentient population."

1...45678...44