Eros was a Greek

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I agree, but I haven't come up with a solution," I replied. "Maybe one will emerge naturally. If there was a major pandemic, for example, which we are told is quite likely, it might call a halt to inter-national travel, at least for a while. People might begin to consider how they could earn a living without foreign tourists."

"On the other hand, when the pandemic was controlled there might be a sudden splurge of travel which would undo any benefit. There's little evidence that the Spanish flu pandemic, for example, did anything to put people off travel if they could afford it."

*

Days passed idyllically. The sun shone, but we had shade, and the altitude helped to contain the heat. Even when it was a blistering 36oC further down we had a warm but still comfortable 30o in the village. We did have one trip to ancient Nemea, which we both really enjoyed. We made it there at opening time (8.30) and it was blissfully uncrowded, and we'd been advised to go to the excellent museum first, as it has explanatory models explain the Temple of Zeus and the nearby stadium.

We also went back to Argos for food and drink supplies. I fought to keep Sophie away from 'Good Vibrations': I told her that she really had no need of energising, sexual or otherwise.

"Am I wearing you out darling? I thought it was every man's desire to have an insatiable partner."

"Fortunately, you are not insatiable, just a bit hyperactive. I would remind you that this old fellow was responsible for inducing a swoon. And anyway I'm 60 not 30."

"Perhaps better not remind me of that occasion, at least not when we're in a public place. I'm becoming noticeably damp just thinking about it."

With perseverance I managed to steer her away from any further good vibrations.

*

We did a lot of walking: in fact we probably walked 2 or 3 hours every day, either early morning or late afternoon, leaving the middle of the day to read, write, talk and eat. Occasionally sleep. The village has a number of hiking routes converging on it, so we were not short of places to walk. The landscape is so hilly, and the routes often so winding, that the views were constantly changing, and in the clear air we could often see for miles. The vegetation was mainly olives, with some grass, the occasional conifer tree, birch, fig and orange. It was not lush, but there was a comfortable amount of greenery to soften the rock.

We made the acquaintance too of the owners of the cottage we were staying in. Andreas and Eleni lived in Athens, where he ran his own IT business, and she managed a high-end dress shop. They were 40ish, and had no children -- by design, we later found out. They had another cottage in the village, which they stayed in most weekends. They visited us on Saturday afternoon, and after introductions we invited them to come and drink with us in the evening.

They were a charming couple, both competent English speakers. In fact we thought that as a couple they were quite spectacularly beautiful. He was my height, but more powerfully built, with a deep tan and old gold hair in a substantial mop with waves. His facial features were strong but not gross.

Eleni was paler and more subtle, both in physical type and facial features. She was beautiful rather than pretty, and she exuded elegance: difficult quality to describe in physical terms, but for me it means that you cannot imagine she ever does anything ugly. Her hair was exceptionally dark without being black, and it had streaks of deep auburn.

During the course of the evening we became aware of a gulf in attitudes between us. They wanted minimal government, limited to maintaining law and order and facilitating private enterprise, which in turn should be as unregulated as possible. To me this is a recipe for every state finishing up with the wealthy ignoring anyone less fortunate except where it is possible to exploit them. Even if this is successful in terms of economic growth, it creates a society that I do not want to live in.

I held my tongue as I had no wish to fall out with these people. Sophie, who is probably more volatile than me, had greater difficulty in restraining herself, but succeeded. To change the subject I asked what sort of people they had as visitors to the cottage.

"A mix of people I'd say," replied Andreas, "some families, some old people who want a quiet place, some who love the nature and walk a lot, and some couples out for a good time. On occasions we have had foursomes with lively couples."

"What sort of foursomes -- cards or eating out, or walking?" Sophie asked.

"No, no. Foursomes in the bedroom," Andreas laughed.

Sophie seemed a bit taken aback. "You mean swinging, swapping partners?"

"All kinds of combinations and solos. It's jolly good fun after a hard week." The word 'jolly' sounded odd coming from him. He went on "I think you like sex? Would you like to try it out?"

I thought quickly and said "That's good of you to invite a couple of oldies like us; but I think we need to know each other rather better before we start playing away. It could be provocative in a negative way. Please remember we have only known each other for a bit more than a week, and we want it to last a lot longer."

"That's an understandable answer. Eleni and were together a lot longer before we started testing each other."

"Yes, it was at least 2 weeks." We all laughed. Eleni had been noticeably quiet, but I had seen her making a careful study of my groin. It's an understatement to say that this was not a familiar occurrence for me. She saw that I had noticed and smiled broadly, engaging my eyes.

"Would you like to come outside with me Andreas, and tell me a bit about the landscape we are looking at?"

"Sure. I'm not a great expert. I was born in Athens, not around here. But I have picked up a bit from local people, particular the builders who worked on the two houses."

We went and stood on the terrace and he told me of the hills and mountains we could see; how the landscape was once quite heavily cultivated with olives. He pointed out the remains of the curved planting lines of the trees following the contours. We talked about the sustainability of the way of life of the people up here.

"Their demands are simple, and they have a better chance now that Athens, Argos and Nafplio delicatessens and the better hotels are keen to buy up local artisan products and pay a premium. So cheese and olive oil, and even goat meat are in demand again."

We went inside. Eleni and Sophie were talking in Greek. "I was telling Eleni how we consummated our lust in the sea off the Heraion at Perachora. A magical fuck that I was lured into entirely against my will." Fearing that these Greeks might not understand British irony she added "not", and they laughed.

That was a happy way to end the evening, and as Sophie and I finished our drinks of course we discussed the visit.

"Thank you for pulling us both out of the shit so eloquently."

"I only did it because I could see that you were on the point of accepting."

She leant over and took my glass, put it on the table and started tickling me. Once she'd got me completely helpless she said, "Well you haven't really been coming up to scratch recently, and he certainly looked a tasty hunk. And, judging by the wandering eye of Miss Eleni I could detect trouble ahead for you." My turn to tickle her.

We'd had a proper meal at lunchtime, so I just got us each a slice of spanakopita (spinach pie) which I'd made after we got some frozen phyllo packs from our Argos visit. We poured another glass of our local wine from the Skouras winery and sat and ate and drank and talked.

"Well what did you make of them?" I asked, "were you sitting on your urge to say something about their neo-liberal views?"

"Certainly was. I get a bit scared when I start to think of a world which might one day be dominated by that kind of thinking. Of course the next thing that happens in those sorts of society is either revolution or totalitarianism, and then it's up to true liberals to risk their lives setting people free again. People who doubt this scenario should take a look at the last 200 years of European history." Sophie sounded passionate.

"And what of the sexual mores? It sounds appealing again, until you think of the potential consequences. But I suppose if you live a life of self-interest you take the view that everyone looks after themselves. It seems very hedonistic, and quite crude."

"I was glad you responded as quickly as you did, because I had begun to think 'well why not?', but now I can see half a dozen reasons why not," said a slightly contrite Sophie.

"I think you might deserve the spanking that I've been promising you. But first perhaps you can tell me why she was so interest in my groin?"

"Wow, yes, the little minx. She told me that she liked 'bottom fucking', i.e. anal intercourse. The problem is that Andreas is too big to get up. She was looking at you and thinking that your neat little package would be perfect for the job, and she wondered if I'd lend you to her."

"O.k. how much do I get, and what's your cut as pimp?"

"Please can we end this conversation? I can reveal that my reply was that I didn't own you, so it was up to you, but she'd have to ask you herself and if it happened I would never speak to either of you again."

"Please go and put your silk sun dress on, and nothing else", was my masterful response.

"Oooh this is sounding promising."

She disappeared to the bedroom and reappeared clad as requested. In the meantime I had positioned myself at the corner of the L-shaped sofa and cleared away plates and glasses.

"Now come and kneel and lie face down over my lap." I'd made sure my knees were well apart so that I could reach down between them and find the vulva. "You can rest your head and arms on the other bit of the sofa, and I'll lift your legs up."

She was soon positioned lying face down slightly on the diagonal, supported by both parts of the sofa. The dress still concealed the area of operations, but now I pulled it slowly up to reveal my lover's magnificent bottom. I felt really uncomfortable, so I instructed her to undo my zip and release my cock. It was a bit of a struggle, but she managed.

I now got my left hand through my thighs, pulled the dress aside and found the fur surrounding my second area of interest. In theory I could now start. First I located the clitoris and started a gentle manipulation. There was soon a bit of wriggling. That was my signal to start. Whack! Whack! -- one on each buttock. I repeated it. I was beginning to enjoy this myself. A faint pink glow was visible.

The hand underneath was busy with the clit, increasing the pressure as I started again - Whack! Whack! This time after two more on each side I stroked the buttocks, and gently squeezed them. More strikes, more clit pressure. Stroking was followed now by grabbing handfuls and digging nails in.

"What have I done to deserve this?" she squealed. Whack! Whack. It was quite red now.

"Get up and come and kneel on the sofa beside me. Face me please."

She did as she was told. I turned towards her and put my hands behind her, holding on to her tingling bum. I bent my head and began to lick between her legs, which she instantly opened up. My tongue was pretty active, first on the already excited clit, and then greedily on the labia, with little forays further in. I kept it up as long as my tongue was able.

"Get down and kneel on the floor facing the sofa, with your knees wide apart and prepare yourself for fucking."

She once more obeyed orders. I knelt between her legs and gave her a couple more, hefty swipes. I found her cunt and came into it with some force. I was really wound up myself and pounded away for several moments. Then I withdrew, stood up and said "do you want more fucking?"

"Yes yes YES! Please!"

"Then suck my cock." She did as she was told.

I just allowed her a couple of good sucks, then I knelt down and entered her again. This time was the endgame. I tried to prolong it as much as I could, but quite soon told her I was going to come, and that she should too. I began a grunting which gained volume with each thrust and ended with a great shout as Sophie's squeal also rose to a new pitch and we collapsed together.

She didn't swoon as she had once before. Instead she got up and looked at me with tears in her eyes. I gathered her up and held her head against my chest. I had shed my clothes when I got up from the sofa, while she was waiting, arms and head on the sofa, to be fucked.

"That was so exciting. And do you know what was the best thing about it? It was that you gave all the orders in your normal calm, kindly voice -- no shouting, no anger, you made me feel that I was doing exactly what I wanted, not being coerced or dominated. You must have thought about it first?"

"I did. I felt uncomfortable about domination, which would have been simulated anyway. So I tried to make it seem more a series of suggestions than orders."

We dressed and went out and walked a little way down the road, arms around each other. On the way back we stopped and turned to look at the distant hills, painted with fiery light from the setting sun.

"Can I bathe your bottom in cool water when we get back?"

"Yes please. That would be really lovely."

*

It was -- lovely, I mean, for both of us. I found a soft flannel, ran a bowl of lukewarm water and as lovingly as I could bathed her reddened flesh. I patted it dry, then planted kisses all over both cheeks.

"Can we talk a bit about us?" she asked, as we lay as close as possible on the bed.

"Of course. I think I am beginning to understand what's going on: are you?"

"Maybe. I'll tell you where I am. I came here without a specific aim, but I suppose a bit of uncomplicated holiday sex and some companionship, not necessarily with the same person or persons, were as far as I'd got in setting out any dream scenarios. Then I met you, and halfway through our walk to the monastery, the thought occurred that maybe here is somebody who could fulfil both functions. Very self-serving, I know. When you took me to Perachora I began to realise that you operated rather differently from any other man in my life, and as I have confessed, there have been quite a few. I sort of worked out that you wanted this opening of a sexual relationship to be dramatically out of the ordinary. You wanted it to set a precedent for something that was different from the past for both of us. Same as, same old, wouldn't do."

"'Even for ever' has a different ring when you're sixty than 35 years earlier. Why would you be looking for the same things? What is the point of experience if not to learn and modify?" My question was rhetorical. "The Heraion fuck seems to have worked if you recognised what you have described. But were you thankful for it? I can think of some women who'd think: 'oh god don't let's get involved in all that self-analysis: keep it simple.'" I didn't think that Sophie would respond that way, but...

"I'm not simple, any more than you are. I don't regard self-awareness as being in any way an impediment to a happy life. On the contrary. I have been able to change my life at least twice very deliberately. I think that the Heraion fuck was a brilliant idea." Sophie's endorsement was a relief.

"So we are agreed on a few things." She went on, "We know that we established a rare understanding extremely quickly. We know that we are sexually compatible (understatement). We know that we have the experience to be able to manage a relationship which is geographically fractured. We..."

"Hang on a minute. I must warn you that I am worried that I may be possessive, and you wouldn't respond well to that."

"I wouldn't. But then I'd be upset if you didn't show some possessiveness. So we would both have to watch that one. And who says I wouldn't be a bit possessive too?"

"My other concern is that I feel terribly emotional about you -- I mean sort of teenage stuff. Wide experience has taught me that limerence is not a long-lasting phenomenon. Comment please."

"I feel exactly the same, but I think it's another area where experience counts. We both know what sorts of relationships survive the gradual diminishing of this euphoric state. We have to be assured that ours is that sort."

*

We still had two days to go of our stay in the hills, when the next morning Sophie's phone rang and her brother was calling to let her know that her father had suffered a stroke. He was in hospital and comfortable but had some disability that would need treatment. Her brother said he had gained the impression that there was expectation amongst medics that he would recover. Her brother said he wasn't asking her to come back but felt she ought to know what was going on.

Our discussion was very brief. I said "you have to go. There's a chance he won't make it and then you'll have to live with it for life."

We tried Kalamata and Athens airports, and managed to find a Heathrow flight at 3 o'clock that afternoon from Athens. I said of course I would drive her there.

After Sophie had packed there was a little time to spare so we walked down the road towards the village, hand in hand.

"Apparently Andreas has had to go back to Athens, so Eleni is here on her own. Please be careful." She squeezed my hand. "Of course I'm not being possessive."

"I wouldn't have thought so for a moment. And I will be careful: you described her as a minx, and I don't think she is to be trusted."

"If you do decide to fuck her I don't want to know about it. And use a condom."

"I won't fuck anyone but you from this day forth even for ever." More hand squeezing.

The journey to Athens airport took well over two hours but we made it with more than an hour to spare. I helped with her luggage. I said I hoped that she found her father in recovery, gave her a big hug and kiss and told her I'd see her in three days' time.

The return journey was lonely. I was also extremely tired when I arrived back. I had something to eat and went to bed.

I woke next morning, noticed the space beside me and got out of bed quickly. I made a cup of tea and sat on the terrace to drink it. Without distraction I was able to think over the last fortnight with a reasonably clear mind. Sophie had said at one point that I had got her to do things she'd never done before. The same applied to me: the time had been full of new experiences. I had gained so much from Sophie's company, leaving aside the magical sex.

I decided that I would set off back the next day and stay a night with Kalika in Dimitsana so that I didn't have to hurry to get the ferry to Kefalonia the following morning. The ferry and flight were booked, so I didn't need to worry about that, but I sent an email to Sophie and one to Kalika. There was no mobile network signal where we were. I got replies from both in the quarter of an hour that I was sitting on the terrace. Sophie's flight had been delayed a bit, but otherwise fine, except that the car was at Gatwick so she took a taxi between Heathrow and Gatwick as there is no direct rail link. Kalika seemed delighted that I was going to return, but where was Sophie? I emailed back to explain and got a reply: 'Kalika will look after you' which sounded slightly worrying.

There was quite a bit to do for a while, and then I took a walk for an hour. When I got back I made a drink and sat down to read and make some notes.

"Tom, hello Tom." I knew the voice.

"Kalimera Eleni."

She appeared in the open doorway, in shorts and a halter top. Her fine breasts looked unconfined under the thin cotton, and the nipples were prominent. She asked after Sophie and I explained about her father and the need for her to leave early.

"So you are here on your own Tom? And I am on my own because Andreas has to go back to Athens. Do you think we might have some fun together?" I obviously looked less than enthusiastic. "It will do no harm Tom. I talked with Sophie about things. She tells me you have a beautiful cock, which is slim, but long enough for good things. This is what I look for. I love to be fucked in the bottom, but Andreas is too big. Very nice in cunt but not the other. Will you make me happy girl with cock in bottom? Please."