All Comments on 'Escaping Her Past'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A real love story

Nice to read a story so well developed and with realistic sex. Also pleasant to find an author who doesn't use fuck every other word.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Wonderful characters!

5

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Real People

A pleasure to read about people you'd really like to spend time with. Honesty and caring about the other's feelings is such a wonderful set of traits that you just have to like this couple. 5*

Just as a side comment: Chloe had been with Mick for many months when the rape took place and having sex with him was not unusual so it struck me as being a little excessive for her to be traumatized for 5 years by the incident. Perhaps the violence and the knife attack has something to do with it, but it tells me more about me and perhaps other men who don't fully understand the impact of the intrusion and violence on a woman's equilibrium. Something to think about. I do trust this author to present the woman's point of view realistically so I don't think this is necessarily a dramatic invention to enhance the story's progress. Thanks for the insight.

rawallacerawallacealmost 4 years ago
Yes

Once in a while I run into a real gem. This was one of them. The characters are wonderful. I agree with the idea that using the F-word too often detracts from far too many stories. There is dirty talk to share with your partner under some circumstances; but being too gross simply isn't the way most of us think even to ourselves. More authors would benefit from better word selection. This author hit the mark just right.

EgregiousEgregiousalmost 4 years ago

Brilliant story, had me captured from beginning to end, Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Overcritical’s remark was painful to read

At least he admitted that he didn’t understand what women put up with time and time again. I’ve met women in my professional life who suffer the trauma life long and five years is not at all surprising.

To the SisterJ, you are to be congratulated. He gave you 5*! A rarity indeed.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
So Smooth..and Relaxed...:+))

Sweet people...Easy loving...

Yes, please!

RandyD1369RandyD1369almost 4 years ago

Congrats on a good one, Sister J. 5* from me, too.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Good job. An easy five star story. Love conquers all.

PickFictionPickFictionover 3 years ago
Another good one.

This is the second of your stories I've read, and loved them both. Great characters and carefully constructed plot. I love "happily ever after stories." Will be reading more of your work I'm sure.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 3 years ago

Delightful story ... thanks for sharing with us.

Robyn1859Robyn1859about 3 years ago

A sweet respectful story. Thank you!

RosewoodTulipRosewoodTulipover 1 year ago

As someone dealing with her own traumatic battles I want to thank you for the care you took with this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Either something broke, or mommy forgot a pill... Wonderful story!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Im kind of laid back, but rapists are evil and castration = balls and dick is the only outcome to handle filth back to this tale ….. Less is sometimes more ….. the shy one becomes the favorite …… a lovely romantic tale and happiness is the final destination

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Chloe is seriously fucked up even with Jill as her therapist for so many years!!!

Surprising that the rapist's garage is still functioning with his men

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story but the rapist got off easy and to still have his friends running his garage!! Maybe there needs to be an act of God to run havoc on it!!

5 stars but should be longer

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...