All Comments on 'Esther and Me Ch. 01'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
bobby9909bobby9909over 13 years ago
Another very good read...

This story has started off strong. You've brought a new twist in, something a bit different. And Esther is quite a good character, one we can all identify with. It seems everyone has an Esther somewhere in their background.

You've developed Steve and Sarah very well and they seem like a really great couple. Let's hope you don't let her desire to have a good time lead her into a bad spot she can't recover from...

Thank for your efforts. You are one of my favorite authors.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Good start

An unusual setting for a common swinger story. I always have to wonder if the women like Sarah, after 35 years of togetherness and apparently a loving relationship, recognize what they are risking for their little bit of fun. She should know her husband by now and realize this isn't going to work for him. Yet she plows on toward disaster. Esther is an interesting element in the story. She appears to be too old and physically incapable of lively sex but is filling the emotional role of a potential girlfriend once Sarah screws up. I wonder if Esther has a daughter? Looking forward to the next chapter.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
As others have said,

Good start. Good to see another story written by you. On to chapter two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
who cares

who cares all i can see in this story is a man who complain constantly but does nothing. If this is an example of your work i find it very boring, after 35 years of marriage why doesn't he just sit her down and ask her what she is doing or do something about it, i know this is a story but god it is boring.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Ditto - another good one

As some others have said, I think this is a great beginning. I'm pretty sure I know where it's going - hell, I know where it's going as I think every other reader does, but what's going to make the story is what happens AFTER he finds out his wife has been swinging behind his back. Does he toss her, try to save the marriage, decide in a last ditch effort to save or at least avoid losing a 35-year marriage to try swinging to see if he can live with it? Does he stay in the community after leaving his wife and become one of those guys that women swarm? A lot of ways this can go, and they all should be good reads.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoover 13 years ago
Great Start

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if the old lady did have a daughter, he'd be all set. Someone said they had a great marriage, what a crock. Even before he knew anything about potential swinging he was still unhappy and being manipulated and lied to be a controlling bitch of a wife. Sure not what I would consider a good marriage.

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 13 years ago
great start

Esther is a really great character. Haven't seen anything like her here. You are so good. Can't wait for chapter two.

DeckviewDeckviewover 13 years ago
Excellent start

Looking forward to the rest...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Read

Looking forward to the rest. Don't keep us waiting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story With Great Beginning

I really like the Esther in the story. She is a stitch! I am looking forward to the rest of the story. Don't keep us waiting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Is he really that dumb

does he have to be hit in the head with another woman's pussy to see the light. Anyone could see she has been cheating on him from a mile away.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Good Openers

The game will be played by the LW rules.... One aspect is that he does not seem to have any interest in anyone other than his wife which makes him a bit hard to take. He should be at least appreciative of the opportunities....

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
no offence to old-timers..

.. this story makes me depressed. I totally agree with the husband that he should not have moved to the social homes! In addition to that I am 37 years younger than the character so it appeals to me even less. I guess this story should come with a warning, like "MATURE" >.< It's so sad that he's stuck with a wife who isn't honest with him that her friends are swingers, and forces him to accept all the crap they're pushing. It's especially hard because it's easy to get used to your love's wrinkles, but to me it seems that it is harder to start out with someone else at that age, especially after divorce if you get cleaned out financially! :(

bartolobartoloover 13 years ago
Really interesting and quite original

This story involved aspects of life I had never thought about. I will read on and see if the quality of the story remains as high as it now is after one chapter.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
More errors than I thought I'd see in a 2010 story. Enjoying it though. Esther is a hoot!!

o quality is far below what I am use to. "used to"

o old side by side that has an inside icemaker, kept "has"/"kept" conflict

o intense four-hour discussion "-" not needed

o I mine as well be within walking "might"

o Christ's Esther, punctuation, probably should be Christ, Esther

o all of eighty-seven, silver white thinning hair she wore on the top of her head ... reads weird .. maybe "with silver white hair topping her head"

o Gomorra. should be Gomorrah

o not suppose to do and not getting caught ... supposed

o dancing with one of the other wife's husband .. doesn't seem right .. would "another wife's husband" be better or "some other wife's husband"

o You can stay here with your good friends. or you can come home .. punctuation ... probably meant to have a comma before "or"

o so I figure it would be safest if we just "figured"

o "How about the misses? "missus"

o monitoring devises "devices"

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago

No Mature in title so I rated it 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

No Mature in title so I rated it 5*****.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
Fantastic Intro !

Few writers do the underestimated ' common man ' schtick as well as Slirpuff . I really enjoy how much the narrator sees & observes & takes a oblique if possible but direct ( if need be ) path to deal with the problem. Was he blindsided initially ? Yes but now acting on what he has learned- the truth will be outed. He's not an ostrich.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
He deserves it

For buying into an HOA

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars.

saratusaratuabout 10 years ago
Definately,,,,

five stars.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Minor Point

I'll admit I know nothing about these communities, but I find it hard to believe that a community restaurant would refuse service to a non-resident who was the guest of a resident.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
excellent story telling

Had a sour feeling growing on my stomach by the end...

The mark of any good story is the ability to evoke feelings for the characters, well done!

Jason

PoormanRichmanPoormanRichmanover 9 years ago
Ok just a note

There is a picture painted at the start about how little the character cares about what his wife gets up to and where she spends her time. Then almost like a case of Bipolar he is talking about how mindful of her he is. It was such a quick and complete change of direction of sentiments that it didn't ring very true to me of how someone in his position would be thinking.

The change was when he first meets Esther and is so adamant about his wife being true to him. Yet up until that point he doesn't seem to care all that much. I think anyone in that position would have been a lot less sure of himself in the marriage. After the history of the way they ended up there in the community and how Isolated HE was as NONE of the friends were HIS.

WoodButcher57WoodButcher57over 9 years ago
uhmmm, ???

Looks Like, Smells Like, Must Be, "Yes"?

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Esther is a hoot!!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
This one has got me...

I cannot stop reading this! It is looking like a terrible train wreck but I can't look away!

I absolutely love Esther!!!!

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
Go Esther Go

I just love this old Sheila, she has a lot spunk⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

StormKing33StormKing33almost 7 years ago
5* Excellent Story

Rock On Esther!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!!

Clueless, in-denial husbands make for a bad story!

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
So far so good

Got me with two thoughts

Awaiting

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Esther

Esther is a bright old broad and she's on to something. I smell something rotten. I think he does too.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Okay

Good start. Can't wait to see what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Need A Lot More

Esther's in the world with far less Carl's and Sarah's. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Snow on the mountain top and a raging fire below" triggered my flight reflex......

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A very good beginning with an incredible character in Esther.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

REALLY LIKE ESTHER!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An old wheelchair bitch, a cheating skank wife and a clueless cuck MC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good so far, and MC is at least talking with someone in the development. Ester's great, and the rest are a lively bunch.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

I like Ester, she's fisty and tells it like it is. The story is building slowly and looks like it's going South, that's okay for us readers, just not for Steve.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not being funny but at 60 it's very easy to be celibate and that's assuming that biology etc hasn't removed that choice anyway.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

many happy years left with Ester after the divorce.

xhunter4uxhunter4u3 months ago

I'm picky about spelling and when talking about shoes the word is heels, not heals. To heal is to get well from an injury or sickness. Honestly. The protagonist gets himself led around by the nose and has no spine. If the guy doesn't figure this out I won't be able to finish the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES