All Comments on 'Esther and Me Ch. 02'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Nice story Slirpuff.

Keep writing and I will keep reading.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Moving Smoothly

The problem for most of us is that we feel that he should have had a more violent reaction. I was slightly disappointed that he did check on what she was doing after moving out. Basically I would have to move out of the community after knowing that she could have been anyone that appears in front of me.

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
The most civilized

story of this kind I've yet read. Where it can go now (two more chapters?!) I can't imagine. But you have, and if the emotional and moral continuity sustains -- never mind builds -- I'll applaud violently. Surely not with Sarah again, who is a well-sustained dullard (thirty plus years with her?). But Esther is a prize -- her dialogue magnificent in its no-shit way! And Catherine a worthy daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
TOTAL ENJOYMENT!

Your stories have always been great reads of the highest quality I have ever read. You and Mr. Knight along with other great wtriters on this sight have been and will always be my favorites. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Ho hum [yawn]

He's a sanctimonious prig with no compassion or empathy still living in the 19th century besides being a bore,

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
I read it again,,,,

It's still a joy to read. R.T.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Very enjoyable story

I'm not going to pick on the errors any more. Despite them I'm really enjoying your story. Thanks!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE HANDWRITING IS INDELIBLY ON THE WALLS

and there is tea in China. TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
A 440 volt confrontation scene !

This is another Slirpuff strongpoint as a writer. God knows he must have had quite a few IRL to navigate this territory so adroitly. It's a pleasure as a reader & a man when he gives vent to his grievances to the woman who has wronged him. No violence is needed or wanted for the narrative when one can express themselves this well.

On the nitpicking end, this story loses considerable steam as Sarah is phased out, Catherine appears too quickly to fill the void in his heart. I understand that the author wanted to show the power of ' right living ' ultimately prevailing but feel he rushed things in terms of showing us Steve's journey.

Make no mistake, however, this is still first class read but slips from great status. I must mention in tandem, with other commentators what a great character Esther is. I'll try,from here on out,not to underestimate those old ladies on the periphery of a happening . Steve was no dummy, but yet learned so much from her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

que sarah sarah

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

High quality writing. Five stars. While most of this comes across as authentic, it is a little hard to believe the way his wife is giving up so easy. After nearly forty years I would expect more emotion. Especially if it had been a great marriage. Also, her friends refusing to look him in the eyes or acting as if they were upset with him ... It almost seems like that detail indicated they were upset that while Sara was playing with their guys, they were not getting to play with her hubby.

bullride84bullride84almost 10 years ago

It is really Sad when such long marriages go down the drain. But I guess people change

Anyway a well written story. I know it is only a story but it just feels awful that Sarah is not even sorry that she hurt him

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
good story

unfortunately only 1 won, the other was the loser, but that's how it usually works out

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Drbeamer3333

I think she gave up that easily because she DID love him, and knew that she was wrong, and felt that he deserved as amicable break-up as possible.

I agree with you on the looks from her friends, that they were pissed that Sharon had their husbands, but they couldn't have him.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago

I allways have troubles believing in storys involving people at the age of 60,too many details like menopause,oportunitys,can you visualise a gathering of 60 years old having sex a whole afternoon and or evening ? i think it's more like wishfull thinking,i don't say it never happens but excuse me for having doubts

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Fabulous saga.

Entertainment to the extreme. Thank you!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

She says she’ll stop “if he wants her to.” Why doesn’t she stop anyway, simply because she knows he doesn’t like it?

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
WHY DOES THE ONE CHEATING

has no remorse of guilt, only selfishness. TK U MLJ LV NV

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Still a good read

But the cheating fuckers are getting off way too easily here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* More Wimpy Cuck Crap

Dude, man up. Your husbands are always wimpy, obtuse, whiny, weak, non-dancing, alcoholic pieces of crap. Try doing the opposite or turn in your man card.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I like the story, but...

He needs to man up. Start by paying a young lady with a not-so-social disease to bang one of the guys and spread the happiness around to the whole group. Nothing says lovin' like ozzin' from her muffin. That would put a damper on the whole free love movement. Just tucking his tail between his legs and crawling away with a whimper seems embarrassing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Missing

Some information on how often and how many men Sarah had sex with and what different things she did with them compared to Steve would have explained more why he left her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5/22/17 Anonymous

"Your husbands are always wimpy, obtuse, whiny, weak, non-dancing, alcoholic pieces of crap. Try doing the opposite or turn in your man card."

And yet you keep reading. Odd, isn't it? So, are you a simpleton or do you actually enjoy the stories?

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago
Steve isn't that bright!

After that long of a marriage, and the fact that she obviously still loved him and him her, I may have given it a try. If she really was straight with him for years, maybe she meant it. The hard part would be dumping her friends which would be the only way it would work, they are trouble. If he really didn't want to try, how about stashing some money before legal proceedings? Some revenge on Carl, etc?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Odd one

This story is an odd one.In most stories 58year old men have trouble getting it up once a night,but in this one you would thing he was a porn star the number of times he shagged her.

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 6 years ago
STORY REMINDS OF A JOKE (or SARAH'S FUTURE REVEALED)....

What's 40 ft long and smells of urine?

A line dance at an old folks home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!

Are you kidding me???? You're protagonist is a wimp....a nice guy....but a wimp! ...And the cordial conversation with Sarah.....REALLY????? The kids would find out their mother was a slut! ....And, Sarah, tell your fuck buddies, if they see me to run and hide because if I see them I WILL cut their dicks off, shove them down their throats and gouge their eyes out while I watch them choke to death! LOL!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Howcome

How come Catherine hasn't visited her invalid mother for several years?.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Visit good question and envelope to Lucy

My tracks still correct

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Stupid

Stupid, lying, cheating bitch! God, how I hate them. He should have burned her world down. At least he found a good woman to love.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 4 years ago
I MO

Far too much lying and cheating to be friends with that whore. The fact is she knew from the day she started thinking about swinging, that he would never get involved. In essence, she decided to end the marriage. At that point she was no longer a wife, but was the good time had by all. The thing that I find missing in your story, which blows me away, is that aside from mentioning that you had two children at the beginning of the story, they have never been mentioned again. Very odd. It’s always fun when the children treat the cheater like a piece of warm excrement. Hopefully, she does get extremely sick from some virulent std. She is so deserving. Not only did she ever display an ounce of remorse, she never considered giving up her new lifestyle. The truth is, she didn’t want him back.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good continuing story

Can't wait to see the ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Don't Know

That I would have wanted to have been married to Esther, but damn it would have been interesting to have been in her orbit. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I enjoy the stories at literotica very much, especially Slirpuff, JPB, and qhml1. Growing up in the country books and stories were my best friends. Now at 63 they still are but Lit is where I go to read. There are many other fine authors on the site as well, I hope others find their favorites as well. Constructive criticism is one thing but to be cruel is wrong - look for what you enjoy in an author or story. Thank you for what you story tellers share with the rest of us.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

2 stars for an incomplete story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

The writing was really good, but honestly I didnt feel any emotion in this story at all, less from her than him. Yes they said "I still love you" but at no point did I ever feel it.

If the emotion had been there it might have felt less like it was being dragged out for the sake of dragging it out.

CaptainbklCaptainbklover 1 year ago

I really liked this part, of course I'm a little tipsy right now.

Good writing and no wimps. Thank you.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great story!! Loved it so far..

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Where

Where does it say how long his wife has been cheating on him and apart from Carl,who with,for him to know.?Where did he get the tools to do the repairs at Esters?.How come Catherine hasn't visited her mother in years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

STEVE WAS A WEAK WIMPY CUCK

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Seems really implausible that a wife who was loving and faithful for 38 years woukd just up and decide to swing, knowing he woukd never join in or approve, and on top of that think it is OK to just sow her wild oats. I call bs. She is 60, not 40. She is staring down thr barrel of old age. Last thing she wants is what happened. She got discovered, husband leaves. Yes she has swinging friends, but ultimately she has no emotional connection or intimacy. So while banging two guys might have been a thrill, she jsut consigned herself to dying alone. Her kids will react differently to her for the rest of her days. Some women do this inane self destructive crap in their 50s. But 60? Really? Her lack of sympathy or remorse is telling and weird. Her friends convinced her she was entitled to it. She was just sowing her oats -- often. Also she just up and starts flirting at 59? Again not plausible. No evidence of all this before but now she just wants to get laid by strange cock. Her friends told her, he would cave. She knew he wouldn't, so wasn't surprised he wouldn't go along. But then she is shocked he is just leaving her? She has about 18 years now of abject loneliness. How much longer will she swing? 4 or 5 years tops? Yeah she will have sowed her oats. Then a harsh winter comes. Even if she hooks up with another guy, will be hollow. She will be a shade of herself. Again the difference here is the wife of 38 years, knows there are no do overs, knows her husband and his zero tolerance policy, that he won't swing, and knows she will face the end of her life now alone without meaningful companionship or the comfort of her husband's love. That is a steep price that nips any indiscretions in the bud. If she was 10 Yeats younger, she could take her shot (though certainly immoral) and start again of need be. Whatever. Well written but really stretches the lines of credulity.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

We all know that Lucy knows what is going on between Steve and Sarah and I'm betting she endorses it. Got to wonder if Steve ever got his check for STD? Nothing was ever said about it again. Another things is, what about his children? Do they know what's going on. Seems they need to be brought up to date why Dad isn't living at home any longer, maybe the next chapter.

Sucks that the divorce laws are so screwed up in some places, so I guess the lawyers suggestion to just separate is the best for now. Gets another five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

My, my, what a lovely girl friend he has in Catherine. A step up!

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

Sarah is one cold devious cunt. She knew he wouldnt go for it and still she lied and manipulated him into selling the house he loved just to go fill her days with dick. Damn, she had already left him, she just didnt told him. Its not gonna be long when she's spending her nights alone missing what she had. Sure she's gonna have fun, but in the end the excitement will fade enough for she to realize she fucked up. Good story. 5*

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

I hope Sarah has a boatload of STDs... selfish character.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous