All Comments on 'Esther and Me Ch. 04'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

Its a good story and I enjoyed it a lot. I only felt the ex disappeared too quickly. And he could've as well not have any.children bc they just didnt figured at all. Glad he xould.leave that shit place with someone who did care about him. 5 stars.

Its always funny to me to read unhinged comments about a fictional story. Those people must be suckers for punishment, because they hate it but keep reading it. But there will always be people that enjoy it and appreciate it. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I rated this a 1 star because i can not in good conscience rate it otherwise. I browsed the story as soon as the character Catherine was introduced. This is one sick story of all the characters. The MC is one sick horny hypocritical asshole that complains about betrayal when he did the same first chance he got. His is not a revenge fuck but a betrayal any way you look at it. He only use the reason of his wife's betrayal to split and did so with no second thought. The Esther character is one shrewd individual looking for someone the hook up her slut daughter with. She said she has a plan for Steve and it turned out the plan is to breakup the marriage in order to match Steve to her daughter which he gladly did because he is one sick SOB in reality.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

Great series of stories. Esther is still the MC or Star of the story. Only minor negative was leaving Lucy alone so much at funeral time and just after, as she was part of the "family"

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I guess it doesn't matter now, but it really needed some extra info about the ex-wife. Just writing her out of the story like that just felt wrong.

chasbo38chasbo384 months ago

I enjoyed this story. So much so that I read it a second time, more slowly. One thing I would have left out is the Soap opera scene on the cruise ship. Her explanation of why she did it did not contain one ounce of regret over how it made feel. Given background with the ex-wife, if it had been me I would not have let her off so easily because I would not tolerate her doing it again later in life.

I always have problems with the wives who cheat and then want their husbands to go back to the way it way. Sarah knew from the start that her husband would never tolerate her swinging. She also knew that she could not keep it hidden from him and when she took hm to the swinging party she was essentially telling him what was going on. This was a woman who wanted out of her marriage and did not have the courage to tell her husband. Instead she chose not only to destroy their marriage she destroyed the life-style and home life he loved in order to get hm to move to "Swing City." A thoroughly despicable human being.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Get over the cruise already. It was a plot device to add a little tension tyo the story. Without it you had: met, got married, lived happily ever after….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - yawn.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is a love story of note. I'm smiling as I finished this story. Life is seldom what we hope for but to read a story like this about finding love and happiness just makes me happy reading about it. I may never quite get it but living / reading it vicariously through the writings of others is still a blessing. ..!

muddman74muddman747 months ago

This was a great series and I gave each chapter a 5. But I do agree with a bunch of other folks about Catherine's actions on the cruise seemed wildly out of place. Especially seeing that Steve's previous wife had turned into a round heeled cheating cunt. She should have told Steve right off about the guys being gay dance instructors instead of just letting him think that everything was happening to him again with a new cheating cunt. That just seemed wildly out of character for a woman such as Catherine.

@oldpantythief, nothing physical or monetarily happened to the cheating cunt Sarah, but he definitely let it be known in a public place what a cheating slut puppy she had turned into. That in my book is at least a decent burn on her slutty actions.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well I am in the same camp as about 12 billion others the way you presented Catherine on the cruise playing with all the gay guys and specifically not communicating early on to Steve. Even with that why was she hanging with the gay guys anyways allowing them to cling to her like she was a whore????? Totally insensitive towards Steve. And her attitude was presented sucked as being very immature like a young teenager big time.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

After reading abot Catherine and 'getting to know her,' it is unbelievable she would not have understood what he might be thinking early on, and mentioned the six guys were gay; esprcially after his reaction to their mere presence.

Great story, though. I really enjoyed your treatment of Esther. She seemed so real.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief8 months ago

Didn't like it when they were on the curse and Catherine was being chummy with her "gay" friends. Just didn't seem right and was a crappy thing to pull on the readers. Anyway, glad they got that settled and Ester was able to hang on until after the wedding. Even though they knew it was going to happen, the death of a loved one is still heart breaking. This one was no exception. Still have to give this story a five even if the cheating cunt Sarah didn't get burned.

Arinderk75Arinderk758 months ago

I have enjoyed all your stories that I have read. However, this one had a "deepness" that really made me feel that the characters were real. I could see them, hear them, feel them, and empathize with them. Thank you for your effort!

Madeira1076Madeira10769 months ago

Looked like Catherine was just like the ex.

Why the he'll she would put that poor guy through he'll on the cruise like she did..... He should have dump her.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"Steve, I'm surprised you didn't punch them out," Esther exclaimed. "My husband would have. He would never have put up with that shit she put you through."

=====> I liked Esther. Catherine was unintentionally being a bitch on that cruise. She coukd have cheated things up instantly. Especially knowing what his ex put him through. On a different note. She has a $22 million trust fund. But after marriage she is up in NJ, working away from her nee husband and away from her mother so that she is 800 miles away when Esther passes. Huh?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This might be one of your only stories where the guy doesn't go back to the slut wife. Or maybe it just seems like that.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters12 months ago

Great story, did shed a tear when Esther breathed her last.

Did feel Catherine was unfair, she knew the history, how much easier would it have made life if she'd introduced her new friends correctly?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why is it whenever I read a comment from Nitpic I can't help but imagine a mentally challenged individual with severe reading comprehension issues. What a fucking moron. You miss the entire point and focus of the story every God damned time.

Great story. Well written series. Great characters. Probably this author's best stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

22million, my arse!! Just a 58yr old cuck with a new skank for a wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I mourned Esther's passing. When such people leave us the world is a lessor place for their absence. Your description of her ending nearly made me cry.

His wide did something really wrong. 1. She completely disregarded the major emotional damage he suffered at his previous wife's actions of her absence and dismissal of his feelings about it. In that regard, she did precisely the same thing withe fiance; she danced with multiple men and ignored him for hours at a time. She made light of his fears, or outright dismissed them. Gay guys? Why did she not tell him that first and up front? Callous, selfish, disregard for him in my opinion.

Hot guys on top lessor deck apparently hitting on her, and her encouraging it while ignoring her man's discomfort. Tell me how'd she'd feel in a reversed situation. A women truly in love would have shut those guys down REAL FAST. Esther's comment was telling. "You should have punched their lights out. My husband would never have tolerated that." Notice Catherine had no comment? By her behavior she told him that she was still up for a good time with other men. He was not a control freak. Most any man, especially after what his previous wife had done to him, would have, justifiably, been really hurt, angry and Harbour significant doubts about going further in the relationship.

I do fault him for not, very early on, calmly and honestly telling her about his perception and feelings ending with, " To it's beginning to look like I'm in love with a women with the same thought and behavior processes as the one I just divorced. Your behavior is telling me I may be stepping back into the same nightmare I just escaped from. I'm going for a walk. Give some serious thought to this and we'll discuss what happens, if anything, going forward". This is not controlling. It's an honest, and fair, confrontation of his feeling relative to her behavior.

REALLY GREAT STORY!!

THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i loved your story and wish i had an esther in my life. i cried when she died must be getting old lol

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Refused

She should have refused to marry him.As is evident by his behaviour on the cruise,he is a control freak.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Pretty obvious money was coming ... drawn out at end

Canuck5697Canuck5697over 1 year ago

I wanna meet and marry Esther...just saying.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Wow!! Great Story!! I loved it! I also agree with Hornydevil47 comment..

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 1 year ago

With tears in my eyes at age 74 I say wow, just wow to a really wonderful story from beginning to end. I find it extremely hard to believe that some of the people that comment on stories and try to pull the story apart really have got involved with the story. Lots of them make a lot of errors in their comments. I thank you for your stories, they are some of the best even if there are errors. I am working my way through all of your stories in year order and am thoroughly enjoying them. Thank you.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Excellent story. What a fantastic person Esther was. An update about Sarah would have been nice. Overall a very memorable read. Thank-you for your writing talent

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

A wonderful stiry with some wonderful ups and downs. You told a stiry with some very real emotions showing through.

Bear1437Bear1437over 1 year ago

Best read in a long time. Your characters felt like real people.

bob4300sbob4300sover 1 year ago

Excellant story.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this series and Esther. I was a great read. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

one of the best stories that i have read in a long time

Love Ester what a fire cracker

10stars

Carolynne

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read on this site. Loved Esther but seem to have missed when he was divorcing his wife !

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 2 years ago

I really, really liked Esther

hdwg2003hdwg2003almost 2 years ago

I don't have the words to tell just how much I enjoyed this story. thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Reading a second time, and loved it even more. But like watching a great movie again (and again) you notice some details that maybe didn’t make much of an impression the first time around.

.

In this case, two things really bugged me that I wish the story got into more:

1. He had kids, but they were invisible. His divorce from their mother…and especially the reason for it…. would have been a potential relationship landline with them. How did he tell them? What was their reaction? What was their relationship with their mother after? And when and how did they meet his new wife, and what was their reaction?

2. The breakup with his swinging wife was too damn unemotional. As well…afterwards, it was like she didn’t exist. Sure…the story was about him, but maybe readers wanted to know is Sarah ever regretted her choices? Especially if those invisible kids became distant with her for what she did?

.

But those are 2 nits that only are noticed because of how rich the rest of the story was.

.

Just one of the best series ever posted on LW, with one of the all time best characters ever: Esther.

.

5 massive *****

HeypossumHeypossumabout 2 years ago

Alls well that ends well a 5

BlakkdannBlakkdannabout 2 years ago

Not sure ALL of the dance instructors would be gay! Maybe a few flying a false flag to pick up stray pussy?

FseriesFseriesabout 2 years ago

The cruise scene was not in character of someone that loves and cares for another. If she truly loved and cared for him, she would have paid more heed to his emotions of what he was feeling as she basically left him and ignored him and did whatever she felt she wanted to. Can’t buy it.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 2 years ago

awesome tears and a few laughs wish it worked out like that

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was quite an epic. The ending brought tears to my eyes, and I could have seen this in Romance as easily as in Loving Wives. Positively a 5. Esther was really something. So happy for Steve & Catherine Moore. Yes, I see some recent comments criticizing Catherine's ("Kate's") behavior on the cruise. But all's well that ends well. Give her a break. She may have forgotten herself a bit there, but hanging out with gay guys is pretty benign. Catherine ain't no Sarah.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Story. But the gay stuff on the boat. She new his history and what his first wife did to him and what Her husband did to her, Did she say she was sorry? She laughed, not so nice. I would have liked this story a lot more without it. Thanks a lot .

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

3. I don't know whether the happy ending was forced or Catherine's behavior on the cruise was but it felt like Catherine did a 180 in personality hanging out with gay guys (who apparently were checking out her breasts) and disrespecting him. If he wasn't trapped on a boat with her I wouldn't have expected them to even be together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful, if this story was a woman, she'd be gorgeous and voluptuous and more. Ester was a real live one. Her character was so so good and the rest of the story was equally good. I was moved to laughing out loud, could not stop until I read the whole thing. Yes, your creative writing was so good it had me hook, line and sinker... BRAVO...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story.

Although I am surprised they made it after the cruise, no matter that Don and his mates are Gay. At one stage she hit the dance floor and he didn't see her for 2 hours other than her giving him a wave now and then, surprised they got past that, it showed how much she cared for him

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry but the disrespect of these women is crazy. Catherine seemed to change on the cruise. Call me old school or possessive, but unless its a family member or maybe a swing/fast dance, a wife/hubby should not be having a dance with another person of the opposite sex unless approved by the other. If the spouse tells u to stop dancing there should be no questions asked. Its obvious the spouse is not comfortable with whats going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sarah was a right cunt, I love you but want to fuck around on you? In some situations the wives deserve a flat knuckle punch right on the forehead, hard. It was her choice to be a "good girl" when young, hubby isnt obligated to let her get her slut on as an old cunt. While she thinks shes entitled to his love and his being ok w/ being cuckolded because she paid her dues being a proper wife and good mother and now wanted more. Waht about hubby being the good faithful hard working father and husband and provider? When was he going to get his reward, cunt wife couldnt care less about him. She deserved a beating and so did her lovers and any wives/friends involved also.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

That cruise is definitely not going down in the treasured memories bank. Felt like a pretty anticlimactic setting for a proposal. Otherwise, good story. Esther was great throughout. Catherine on the cruise felt like a different character, so don't know what to make of that. Ah well, they're heading into their golden years anyway, so even if it's a mistake, they won't have to live with it for that long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I stopped reading after the cruise "prank". "Let's ruin my boyfriend's first half of the cruise by making him believe I'm a slut". And when he's ready to leave, "SIKE!!". (?!?) It was a cheap side story, totally incongruent with the rest of the story... the main characters suddenly became clowns; it really killed my interest.

I guess the old lady died in the end... one chapter earlier I would've cared, but now I can't be arsed to keep reading.

library_guylibrary_guyalmost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the story and the description of The Villages really struck home.

StubbyoneStubbyonealmost 3 years ago

This was my 2nd time reading this and It was even better than I remembered it. Great character development and Esther was a real hoot. I laughed, I cried, I experienced so much emotion. Few stories evoke feelings such as this one brought out. One of the best and most fun stories I've ever read. The easiest 5-😊😊😊😊😊 ever.❤️😂😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A cuck chapter. I don't buy anything about what she said. Gay my ass! She was thoughtless and careless and showed no respect for him or his feelings. She should have known better. When you love someone you don't act as she did. you basically ruined the story. She is better off without Cunt-herine (loved it).

Fuck her and the high horse she rode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Damn, all the comments would make it look like you all are PAYING for the story. A good story is a gift- be thankful for it or move on. Thank you Slirpuff for a very good story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

Fine story until the bullshit cruise crap with Cunt-herine.

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Wonderful story

But I have bone to pick with it (you?). Catherine is an idiot for hanging with 6 guys while her beau is sitting around. She didn't "bother" to tell him that they were gay. NOPE, just expected him to sit back and watch it. And it's not like she didn't know that his ex was having fun AND banging other guys on the side - and at first she tried to keep it on the sly. No... Catherine was an ass in how she treated him on the cruise and then makes him feel like a jealous teenager.

Ok, enough....I loved (mostly) the story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Now, that's the kind of story I like to read. My wife doesn't like sex in any form or way, so I have to live mine via stories like this and .. wish. Keep it up and I'll try to keep with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved that story. My auntie Audrey was a lot like Esther. There a bit of me in there too truth be told but I am a lot more reserves than I was.. earlier. As soon as I retire though the purple is coming out.

You get extra points if you understand that reference without looking it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Catherine and Sarah

1. Sarah: An epilogue of what happened with her and her fuck buddies, especially some sense of what she lost, preferably remorse and at least some anger from their children for what she did to their dad and screwing up their marriage, by being selfish and deceitful and losing her husband of almost 40 years because of it. I prefer that the cheating ex feels regret and loss for their actions vs. getting burnt. Having to live with the regret, to me, seems like far better revenge than anything drastic by the wronged spouse (just my humble opinion). Then having to see the love of their life happy with someone else and knowing it could have been with them had they made better choices.

2. Catharine: I'm disappointed about how she acted on the cruise. I'm not sure about the right way for him to handle it, but one option would be from the first time she disrespected him with another man, for him to remind her about his ex cheating on him and how much it hurt him, her own story about her ex and how it hurt her and that she is acting like her ex, and tell her that she has a choice between respecting their exclusive relationship, or he would get his own room (or leave the ship if none available) without her and their relationship would be over because of her disrespectful behaviour. Maybe contacting her mother to tell her how her daughter was behaving too (which would likely end up with Catharine getting an earful from her mom, hopefully). It doesn't matter whether these guys were gay or not. a) He wasn't told they were, b) no reason for him to believe it, especially given the way they were acting, c) she was supposed to be on a romantic cruise with HIM AND they are supposed to be exclusive. She could either (i) smarten up and recognize how disrespectful her behaviour was, be remorseful and apologize and make it up to him (not necessary with sex because sometimes with some people that isn't necessarily a sign of love and respect), but rather with treating him with the proper respect that should exist within an exclusive relationship, and it would go a long way for her to apologize in front of those men that their behaviour (her's and their's) was inappropriate and disrespectful to her boyfriend and tell them it stops immediately. Or, (ii) She might get mad at him and tell him something like he doesn't own her, blah, blah, blah or any of those cliché's and have him end the relationship, tell her mother what happened, change rooms (or if none available, leave the ship and go home), then continue the story with Catharine having to live with the regret of losing him (preferably making it a story where she really wanted to spend her life with him and regretting that she blew it and having to deal with her mother's wrath for screwing it up), then having her have to see him happy with someone else.

Personally, I prefer her being repentant after the first time and being called out on it and having to publicly apologize for her behaviour, acknowledging she was wrong (imagine that, a person owning their mistakes or errors in judgement and making it right, as much as possible since it cannot be undone). Then becoming a true partner where they never again disrespect their relationship or each other. Obviously, having her never screwing up in the first place is better, but it can add to the story for the new(ish) relationship hitting a bump. How people handle the problems in a relationship shows a lot more about the health and/or future health of it than just the good, so having them face a problem would define whether they should be together or not. But it should have been faced immediately, not after days of her disrespect. Because it went on for a few days it should have ended the relationship because it showed consistent disrespect from her towards him, and a lack of self-respect by him.

I recognize ultimatums can often be destructive if used inappropriately, but sometimes, like in these types of situations, can be just what is needed so that the offending person knows what they are risking and can choose whether they can live with what they will lose or not. True, some will think it is a bluff, but it is important for the offended party to not be bluffing and the other person live with the consequences knowing they had the chance to make the right choice.

Sometimes the line need to be drawn with full commitment to follow through. There are some things where there is no fixing it. Some people have different ideas of where these lines are, but once crossed there can be no turning back. For me, infidelity of any type is a one strike and you are out scenario, especially since I've been through it and it hurt more than the times I have had to deal with the death of an immediate family member.

I'm not saying my way is right or the best, but it would have made this a better story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agreed...

I agree with everything anonymous wrote one comment down. Catherine's behaviour on the cruise killed it for me. And by the way, why would those gays want to make her drunk as a skunk? And in a group of six gays, none of them is on the more obvious side, if you catch my drift?

a reader from germany

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Gays or not gays

She doesnt respect him or show any concern for his feelings. Sorry that ruined the story for me.

Everything else after what she did sounds void and faked. This is the kind of twist that i call the kiss of death of a story. I think the high rates has to do with the previous parts. in this one you didnt showed me a loving couple.

Just a selfish bitch having her fun without any regard for her partners feelings.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Beautiful story. One of your best.

Keep it up, I love these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
4 Stars

I agree Gay guys do not hang with Girls .. That cost You 1 Star ..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I Know I'd Have

Just screwed the pooch because with all of the games happening with Don and his buddies on the topless deck, dancing, going on the excursions, etc. I wouldn't have been found on the ship because I would have been on the first flight home. She didn't bother to tell him the guys were gay just kept up the deceit, she had to have know he was getting pissed off and why. Why would a bunch of gay guys be hanging out with her all of the time anyway. Besides by that time I probably wouldn't have believed her anyway. Okay, so I would have been wrong, but it would have been due to her actions not due to mine. A little better communication would need to be the order of the day. Had to love Esther, we don't getting many with style like that in LW and we didn't have to put up with Sarah showing up anymore either. Great four Chapters SP.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Be surprised

This stuff does go on in senior villages and condominiums, the std rate on seniors has skyrocketed in recent years.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Excellent!

What else can I say. Interesting front to back. Just tell me you can't really find a senior living center where that kind of monkey business goes on. I can't really imagine a 40 year married person getting into sexcapades. No up

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Best Series I have read this year!

Fantastic “5*” series! I was worried about the guys on the cruise and was surprised at their sexual orientation! You had me worried!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

This was spot on, enjoyed the reading.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Just a great story all the way through. All you idiots notching about his reaction on the cruise, his wife had just cheated on him and he wasn't open to sharing in.any manner. Great job not having Sarah show up at the wedding or Esther's funeral trying to be nice. She's just trash. Thrown away and forgotten.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Yes

Gay guys didn't see coming good subplot

Money I guessed just not that much or so soon

Good story

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago
Fantastic

Truly fantastic. That is all I can say

Holdfast68Holdfast68almost 5 years ago
Lovely

I love this story, well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story!

Not all unregistered user comments are from assholes. Really enjoy this author don’t listen to the fucktarded comments of those envious hacks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Arsehole

The way he acted on the cruise she should have dumped his arse.It is easy to see why his ex wife went looking for cock married to him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Bitch, bitch, bitch-where can I vote to disallow anon comments?

It was fun and the best revenge is living well. Wife one, in a brief cameo role, is now living on not much and he's rich. The gay guy thing sounded like bullshit to me too and I might have been off the boat before she even told me. Were they gay? Well it's the author's story and universe so I try to buy into it if I can. His story-his truth

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice

Enjoyed reading it, inspite of the spelling, warped tenses and terrible punctuation. Would have liked a paragraph on how Sarah and her fuck buddies fared, after Steve's denunciation of her at the town square.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn that was a failure!

I really wanted to like this, but things just didn't work out. For such a nice guy I felt Steve was an odd duck. He really didn't seem to care that his wife was cheating on him with their friends. After all those years his decision to just end their marriage didn't seem to fit with his personality. And other than a couple of outbursts, he just let his wife and life slip away. Although I liked his relationship with Esther, there were some signals that she might have lots of money. What type of person has an attorney on retainer and uses PI's to investigate people they hardly know? And then there was Catherine. Who has been burned in her marriage by an unfaithful husband that hit on women while on a cruise. And she didn't think Steve might get jealous? She never mentions she might have money? A LOT of money? How does he trust her going forward? And they sure seemed to base a lot of their happiness on their sex life. Not really the best idea. Overall the whole story just didn't feel right and the sad/happy ending was just too pat. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Catherine character screwed up

The cruise thing did it. The "gay" explanation is not really convincing. Moreover a 50+ year-old woman that enjoys semi-public sex, ignores her partner, or bares breasts in public is not exactly somebody to be trusted.

Whatever the writer intended with this "idealized" character sound way too hollow after that cruise.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

This was close to being brilliant, but a few things spoiled it.

Sarah behaved like a total slut, throwing away a 35 year marriage for strange cock, yet Steve barely reacts to losing the love of his life. Even more frustrating was that there's no consequences for her or her friends. At the very least some kind of epilogue would have been nice... How about a bout of nasty STDs at the very least?

This last chapter also ruined Catherine's character. She complained about her ex-husband hitting on loads of women when they went on a cruise, so she ignores Steve and flits around lapping up all the attention from the blatantly not-gay Don. After his ex-wife turned into a whore, Catherine would have known he'd be insecure, but she just leaves him feeling betrayed and neglected for days... on his dream holiday no less. What a cunt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A missed opportunity

Sorry Slirpuff, but I’m very much coming down on the side of the many who’ve commented that the cruise scene derailed what was, up to that point, a very enjoyable read

Catherine’s behaviour, which has been extensively discussed elsewhere in these comments, potentially opens up a much darker btb path for the story

Catherine fucks Don and friends, never receives the ring and returns home to find Esther has disinherited her

Btb and then some, as Esther rewards Steve for being the good guy

To me, this seems way more plausible than the ‘all is forgiven ridiculousness’ that was their engagement

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Dump

After his behaviour on the cruise she should have dumped him.If hecreacts like that before they are married ,what would he be like when married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Delightful

Esther is a star. Every home should have one.

LA

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago
Good Read

Enjoyed this very much. One of your best. Sort of wish there were more consequences for Sarah and her friends

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reaction To Sarah Was Strange

Steve’s reaction to losing his wife of 37 years was extremely odd. No anger, no grief, no sense of real loss and he supposedly loved her deeply. Heck even if the relationship had been bad losing someone you’ve been with for 37 years should have affected him more than that.

Not talking about him leaving her. Just that it was like he was leaving a two date relationship.

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
Gay, straight or a fence post,

she blew off the one who paid for and was thoughtful enough to bring her on what was supposed to be a romantic cruise for the "two" of them. Not only would I have changed rooms, she would have not gotten the ring either. She is a bitch waiting to blossom and evidently he is such a puss that she went from a loving friend to his ex-wife in two chapters or less. Not well received on here I see and justifiably so. Dumb pussy. And cuck tendency Steve. Chapter 4 sucked.

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 6 years ago
Esther

there is few stories on here that I have like a little more than this 1 .she had a mind as sharp as a new razor blade & as a senior we can get away with a lot. second or third time I have read it or more & every time I get a good laugh.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 7 years ago
good read

yes I have read it before, but it's still good, what can I say.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamorealmost 7 years ago
Sorry folks, gay guys hitting on women happens often.

If your girl is getting hit on, that's reality. Catherine changed into the ex, messed up the story.

IrfonIrfonalmost 7 years ago
Simply...

.....one of your BEST !!

Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Idiots

If you can't determine a gay man after talking to him for 10 minutes then your are an idiot!

I want to know what happened to the bitch Sarah and her fuck buddies. Nothing happened to them! They should at least of gotten an incurable STD!

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 7 years ago
Heart breaking and heart warming!

What a great writer! You had me in tears almost all of the time! Thank you for the joy and comfort you have given to this old man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow ! One of the best, if not THE best I've read here .

You, my friend are an incredible writer. Sheesh ! I'm a guy and I was crying like a baby during the last chapter. You know you are good when your writing can evoke that kind of emotion in a reader. Great character development. I feel like I knew them all. Please keep writing & sharing your talent with the world. Well done.

Definitely a 5 .

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love this story

Just love it.

IrfonIrfonover 7 years ago
Still terrific....

.....even after several readings !!

It has a 'feel good' factor that cheers me up every time.

Thanks Slirpuff.

cap5356cap5356over 7 years ago
the best

this is the best story i have read on here. u have to feel for the guy in the beginning when his then wife pulls that bullshit on him and he isn't the wiser to what is going on around him. then he meets up with his going to be mother in law and his life does a complete 180 and she opens his eyes to what is really going on in his life. like she said she had plans for him and so glad they worked out in the end. keep writing.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Very entertaining.

Only wish I could have found out how the nearly 60 year old whore enjoyed being a cheap well worn piece of ass in her old age!

What a stupid bitch!

While I felt that part of the story lacking, the slut was totally overshadowed by the other players!

Very good story!

IndyOnIndyOnover 7 years ago
Great Story!

Very good story and well written with lots of emotion so you get a 5 from me...The comment below from Carnillia only gets a 1...Car....You need an editor! The men were gay...not gays. Gay men don't act....not gays men don't act....And even so they way she acted should be the way she acted.....he had gone through what totally thoughtless should be was totally thoughtless.....and I would had been a deal breaker should be and it would have been a deal breaker,,,,and finally plotholes should be plot holes. It amazes me how often both authors and commenters don't re-read what the type before posting and should at least take advantage of Word for it's spell check and grammar editor...Go Figure! Nice job Slirpuff.

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
Good but...

I agree with those who said that the cruise part os badly written.

It makes no sense that they men were gays. Gays men don't acti like they did. And even so, they way she acted knowing what he had gone through what totally thoughtless and I would had been a deal breaker for me.

I also was waiting for a bit more of info about the final destiny of cheating slut.

Well written and interesting but some major plotholes for me.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
HOW DOES ONE SAY GOODBYE

to one Hell of a feisty Lady. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great

THANK YOU for a great story it was very enjoyable reading and I hope you keep writing, Again, thank you!

IrfonIrfonalmost 8 years ago
One of your Best....

Really enjoyed it - Thanks !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A Rotten Trick

Slirp has created a truly bristling character in Esther. She snaps, crackles, and pops off the page even if her words did go quite a bit overboard now and again (Lucy and her "black ass", wtf). At any rate, even though she seemed somewhat larger than life, her natural contrast to the moribund tone of most every other personality really did save the day, so to speak.

Others have mentioned the gay dancers incident on the cruise ship. One can understand the need from a plot development point of view to have some curveballs thrown to the divorced hubby and Esther's daughter, Catherine, but it was sorely mismanaged.

Why make Catherine out to be so arrogant, careless, and heartless? The reader is constantly lead on with her flirting, dirty dancing, and drinking with the hunky younger men. This goes on and on and is whipped into an enormous soul wrenching, toxic froth before she blithely reveals, Surprise, They're Gay, You Fucking Moron!!

That was a very low blow. It is a manipulative and cheap psychological parlor trick. I started skimming at that point and swooped in to read this and that paragraph; rings, marriage, Esther, nurses, death, $22 mill, bla bla bla.

Sorry, I don't appreciate that type of gutshot.

And ex-wifey really deserved a massive, soul-crushing smackdown. But all she gets is a few extra decibles....what?

I'd say that Slirp switched midstream from Columbian to Maui Wauwi.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous