Eureka! Ch. 01 Pt. 03

Story Info
Is there more to the new student than appears?
4.4k words
4.44
3.6k
4

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 02/27/2024
Created 06/09/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Friday 1st March 2064

Kalen's Apartment

BANG

The door slams shut. I glance back to see it's automatically locked.

Shit. Leaning against the railing I once again see Elijah Bennet. This time he's wearing one of his usual black suits and white shirts. I've been luckily avoiding him since our encounter last week where he asked me to force his daughter out of my class. No way around him. I take a few steps towards the stairs, keeping my head down...

"Kalen."

There it is.

"Elijah. How are you?"

"I'd be better if Allison wasn't still wasting her time in your class, Professor. I assume you decided against our deal then?"

"Uh-yes. Unfortunately I don't believe in removing students for unjustified reasons. Especially not one of my best students. As does the university, that would absolutely be against the rules."

He shoots a glare towards me.

"You know Kalen. You're living in a city founded on rule breaking. And yet you never seem to break any."

"Why thank you."

"It won't end well. That attitude doesn't last forever in this place."

I pause, trying to study his face. Is he threatening me? I never thought he would go that far...

His intense gaze breaks as he reaches for a cigarette.

"Anyway. Me and the missus' are heading out for the day tomorrow. If Allison could stay with you. I know she's a bit old for it but in this city-"

"Yeah of course." I say, feigning more enthusiasm.

He never actually presents it as a question. Allison's fantastic, but Saturday is my only day completely off.

"Good man."

On the way, I pull up my usual news show.

."Hello my fellow ferocious friends and welcome to another episode of RoBob Reviews the News. On today's episode we'll be discussing the brand new Gentleman Liberty film; the Bashers; an AnTech caused warehouse explosion and more..."

."... the latest film in the ultra-successful collaboration between Everest Electronics and MetaNation is going back to their roots with a Gentleman Liberty solo movie. Plot tagline: With the rest of the Paragon's Platoon off-world will their leader be able to save the world alone? Starring obviously Gentleman Liberty himself the film also brings..."

."...On other news a SafeGuard Corporation employee's son recently died, a tragic result of overdose at a Bashers party. Whilst this type of occurrence is common at the young gang's various parties will this higher profile death force SafeGuard or the police to truly step in? Only time will tell..."

Friday 1st March 2064

Eureka University

"Alright class. The three act structure. Who can tell me what it is?"

The class is silent. No hands go up. Jeez, I swear they used to teach this stuff to kids. I can't blame them though, it's not their fault they aren't taught anything beyond-

One hand creeps up from the right hand corner. Surprisingly, it belongs to a girl named Lisha. A quiet Asian girl, I've only heard her speak once before. She's wearing the grey uniform cardigan and wears her black school skirt its original length, almost to her knees. She's the only girl in the class who hasn't rolled it up at all. She wears round, thin-framed glasses. She isn't wearing any make-up, or at least not enough for me to notice. Her long black hair is messy and unmade as always.

"Yes, Lisha?"

"It's-uh- it's a traditional story structure defined by its three acts, the setup, the confrontation and the conclusion."

"Very good Lisha."

She lets out a pretty smile but quickly covers it up again.

"Now if everyone could plug in and read the second link titled 'The Three Acts'. Except you, Lisha."

As I make my way to Lisha's desk I walk between Allison's and Kaira's. I shoot Allison a quick smile and try stop myself, but I can't help but glance at Kaira, but to my surprise I find her glancing at me, a slightly curious look on her face. We quickly break eye contact as I walk past. Lisha herself is looking up expectantly, the poor girl looks slightly anxious.

"Sorry to disturb. But I have a feeling you already know what's in that document don't you?"

"Umm... uh. Yes, sir."

I kneel down to be on eye level with her.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, and please tell me truthfully. But have you already known everything discussed in these lessons so far?"

As she decides what to say, I find myself studying her face. Especially up close I notice what I thought immediately, but I suspect the other boys haven't noticed yet. Lisha's very pretty, she's got a light tan warm skin tone, her rounded face displaying her gorgeous small brown eyes, and plump round lips. It's strange how she seems to hide her looks, making herself as un-noticeable as possible, just blending in the crowd.

"Uh-uh..." She physically makes herself smaller before finally admitting. "Yes, sir. Sorry I'm still enjoying the lessons though! You're a really great teacher!"

I chuckle. "Thank you Lisha, I truly appreciate that. However I feel bad if you're not getting as much out of me as you could."

She pauses for a moment. "Umm... maybe..."

"Hm? Yes, I'm open to ideas!"

"Ah well I was just thinking... do you provide tuition?"

I'm taken aback for a second, surprised by her request. I then grin a bit. I always love it when a student asks for tuition out of genuine interest in writing.

"Yes I do! I just had a client pull out actually, freeing up one of my Sunday slots! Since you're already paying for this, until the rest of the class catches up to you I can do it for free-"

"No! No! Please! My family has lots of money they'll absolutely pay for it!"

Phew. Thank god. I really need all the money I can get.

"That's incredibly kind of you Lisha. Alright I'll send an email with the details."

"Sure! Thank you sir!"

I look up as the other students are beginning to unplug. I see Kaira in front, looking back at the two of us. She quickly glances away.

"Hey! No special treatment!" Curt yells across the room at me. Jude turns around to flick his head in response.

The rest of the lesson goes by uneventfully. As the lesson ends I scan Lisha. Full name Lisha Jiang, she's 18 years old, still in high school. I find her school 'email' in the details and add it to my contacts. As I scan her, I notice Kaira has stood up and is talking to another student named Theo. He's a lean university student with combed brown hair. Like Eleanor, he's one of the quietest kids in the class, only speaking when spoken to. Yet the two of them have suddenly struck up a lively conversation, and then head out of the class together.

"Thanks sir!" Kaira says with a smile as she passes me. The two meet with Eleanor and they all leave together.

Saturday 2st March 2064

Kalen's Apartment

There's a loud knock on my door. I make sure to check through the peephole first. Through it is a beautiful woman. Caucasian with sun-kissed skin and a slightly rounded face that tapers at the bottom. You can clearly see the similarities between her and her daughter. She's got bright red lipstick and a concerned face. I open the door. She's wearing a tight black corporate skirt and professional white blouse. Her body is hard not to notice. Unlike her daughter, she isn't as thin. Her more mature body is fit, clearly she works hard at keeping it in shape. Her thin waist apparent in even this not overly tight blouse. And even from the front, standing ever so slightly to the side you can see the curvature of her ass, indicating it's size obtained purely from regular exercise.

"Alanna! Nice to see you."

"Hey Kalen! Elijah said he already talked to you?"

"Yeah, where's Allison?"

"She'll be here in a minute. I just wanted to check it's actually alright. I know Elijah can be a bit- well, you know. Forceful."

I smile. "Yeah I know. But I love having Allison over, so it's alright. Though I much prefer when you ask me."

"Oh? And why is that?" She winks.

"Haha, well you know..."

A much prettier view, for one. I wouldn't say that aloud, though. Even if Alanna is a naturally flirty person, there are boundaries. Probably.

She thankfully laughs, disrupting what could become an awkward moment.

"Anyway, sorry for dropping this on you short notice. Elijah and I need to travel for business."

"Its alright. Big meeting?"

Her face drops to reveal a concerned look, then jumps back up into a forced smile.

"Yeah, but it'll be alright I'm sure..."

Then Allison bounces out of their front door, Elijah behind her. She gives me a little wave, whilst Elijah shoots a glare in my direction.

She wanders up, her mum and her doing a semi-hug, saying their goodbyes for the day.

"Come on in. Good luck with your trip, Alanna." I avoid Elijah, as I let Allison in to my apartment.

BANG.

The door slams shut, despite my best attempts to gently close it. I turn around to face Allison, who's standing awkwardly in the small space I call my kitchen, consisting of one food synthesizer and the other bare essentials. She'd gotten comfortable in this space over the years, so it was unusual seeing her like this again, it reminds me of when she first came around, 3 years ago as a young 14 year old girl, anxious and afraid.

"Allison you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry Mr. Anders."

"Don't worry Allison, I'm not your teacher today. I've got the usuals in the fridge. We could put on a movie or?"

She sparks up a bit.

"Could we actually do something different? I heard there was an art class happening nearby that you can do in pairs or groups. I was thinking it could be fun?"

"Oh? Yeah, why not. Is it on now?"

"Soon!"

Allison practically skips out of the house as I trudge along behind her.

I live in Alliance, the Northernmost suburb of Eureka. Heading out my apartment complex the area to the west you see factories, housing blocks, warehouses and various other MetaNation owned buildings that makes up MetaVille. To the east, where Allison is leading me, is further into Alliance. It's mostly megablocks, housing and small businesses. It's not the most glamorous area of Eureka, comprised of dirty streets, beige and grey buildings with a smattering of neon signs, lights and billboards. Enough signs and the like where you can't avoid seeing one wherever you look, but too few (especially during the day) to make up that overwhelming world of light seen in other areas like Arcata that can become a sort of aesthetic.

Allison walks a few steps ahead of me, a grin on her face. She's looking forward to this more than I'd expect. The streets are bustling, even here small makeshift pieces of cloth are strung across alleyways to make temporary shelters for the homeless. People in sharp suits walk past those in plastic ponchos. Some have shining golden facial and body cyberware, others have makeshift open machinery replacing a lost limb or body part.

Allison almost doesn't fit in this world, smiling, and not in a cruel way. Genuine excitement. Her only cyberware her eyes and port, wearing a simple green crop top and pant shorts. The look doesn't fit most of the current fashion trends, more reminiscent of the late 90s, early 2000s. From the images, at least.

It's only a 15 minute walk before we arrive at a small entrance leading below a bodyshop. It has a small, pretty painted sign to advertise its presence. A simple but rare sight.

Heading down the steps, the area is a small open space. It had two lights imitating windows filling the area with a fake sunlight. Set up around are various stools and stands which light up to create a digital canvas. A man with curly short hair, striped shirt and cyberware approaches the two of us, clearly the teacher of the class and guides us to our respective stools.

"Hey everyone. For the newcomers here, welcome. My name's Pete. What we do here is I give an object or emotion of theme and everyone makes their art around that. I'll give you all pointers throughout to try and help you get better, if you so desire. Alright. So. The inspiration for today is Eureka itself. But not as it is today, but pre economic boom. I'm sure you've seen images from museums and history classes, so have fun everyone!"

I look over at Allison, our glowing white canvases in front of us. "You know I'm much more of a writer than an artist."

"It's all right! Just have fun with it!"

I sigh and we start, Allison immediately getting stuck into her work. A few minutes in and the teacher, Pete, approaches me.

"Hey there! Thought I'd welcome you in person!"

He takes a look at both of our works, the difference in talent already evident.

"So your daughter brings you here?"

Both of us immediately perk up.

"Uh-" I stammer.

"No-" Allison interjects.

"She's not my-

"I'm not his daughter."

"Yeah."

"He's actually my teacher."

"I am, yeah. But that's not why I'm here, her parents are friends."

"Well, neighbours."

"Yeah. Well-your mom is a friend."

Pete chuckles slightly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make things awkward. I'll let you guys get back to it. Enjoy yourselves!"

"Sorry about that." Allison blushes.

"Why would you be sorry! It could've been worse."

"Oh? Oh! Y-yeah. True." She quickly refocuses on her work, hiding in it.

We progress in silence for some time before she looks up at me again.

"Sooo... what do you think of the class?" A mischievous smile forms across her face.

"Well I shouldn't-"

"Come onnn."

"Alright. Who do you wanna know about?"

"Hmmm. Maddie. Emily and Zoey too I guess."

"Ah. The popular girls. I'm sure you can guess my thoughts. Arrogant, rude, pretty and rich. Maddie the worst of the three. I just hope one day they mature."

"Oof. Harsh. But accurate. I tried to talk to Maddie after a lesson once, and she barely looked at me. Not fashionable enough for them I guess. Alright. Curt and his friend."

"Jude. An odd pair. Curt is one of the-

"Worst?"

I chuckle. "Yeah, one of the worst students I've had in a while. But I've definitely had worse..." My voice trails for a moment. "Jude however is quiet, studious. I like him."

"Huh. I've never spoken with him. I mean I haven't really talked to anyone yet. Maybe Eleanor and Theo a tiny bit. They seem nice. The spend their time with Kaira now though. What do you think of her?"

My mind floods with Kaira's image. Her pretty face, smiling up at me. Her thick thighs showing under her black school skirt as she sits down... the view of her ass as she bent over her desk... Why would Allison ask about her? Does she know something? Does she see my looking at Kaira? They do sit next to each other... Maybe Kaira noticed it and told Allison? No. No? No.

"Ha-ha. Uh yeah. Why her?" Jesus, I did not play that off cool.

"Just curious."

I feel my face warming, despite how ridiculous it is. It's not like we've done anything. Or I've been caught looking, no one else was around when I was really obvious. I slow down, choosing my words carefully.

"Well. Kaira's smart. She stays mostly focused on her work, though isn't afraid to make friends. She's clearly confident, and can be outspoken. So I'm surprised she doesn't speak more in class, really."

"Wow. That's detailed."

"Uh-uh well."

"God she's so pretty. Isn't she?"

"I-I mean. I can't really say Allison, she's my student."

"Well, I wish I looked like her."

I don't respond to Allison, my mind, too preoccupied with thoughts of Kaira.

The lesson continues for about an hour, Allison smiling, sharing stories and asking questions of me the whole while. At the end we all turn our artworks around at the same time. Mine is just rubbish, a childish drawing of grey buildings and a beige cathedral. Everyone else's are a lot better. Detailed grey buildings and roads with some Victorian architecture. Pete pulls up some images of 20th, early 21st century Eureka and they look exactly like the classes images, it's very impressive. There's one, however that stand out. As Pete's gaze comes across it, he immediately stops. Allison's artwork isn't grey or beige. It's trees are a bright green, water bright blue. The old buildings look colourful and intricate.

"Allison, was it? Does your painting match these images at all?" Pete asks.

"No... not really." Allison shrinks within herself.

"Exactly. I love it."

We both look up in surprise.

"These images that we've all seen. They tell a... exaggerated, if not plainly inaccurate version of Eureka's past. Before any of the 'MetaChem' was found by miners, Eureka was a town of about 20,000 people. And while it wasn't all beautiful, it had beauty. None that is portrayed any more. And the amount of pollution already seen in these images, and everyone else's artworks? Didn't exist. The sky wasn't as yellow. The water and streets not filled with rubbish."

"I want everyone to question the things you see every day, the preconceived notions we take for granted. Some are true, some are manipulated, even if slightly, to portray certain ideas. Especially those that benefit the current elites and corporations. All right, that's all. Thank you everyone, great lesson today! And as always, we rely on donations to keep this running so any money is appreciated."

Pete walks up towards us. "Hi, sorry sir. Could I speak to Allison alone for a minute?"

I hesitate. "Why?"

"Just on her artwork, we'll stay right in this room"

I look at Allison, who gives me a small nod. I take a few steps away, but keep an eye on them. It only takes a minute, then Allison returns. As we walk out of the building, I glimpse Pete and another class member exchange some sort of gesture, almost like a salute.

"What was that about?"

"I don't know. He was being weird and vague. Something about a group called The Unshackled? Don't worry, I wasn't into it."

I give a concerned look back at the building, and we head back home.

Sunday 3rd March 2064

Kalen's Apartment

Lisha awkwardly sits down at my one wooden table. I switch off the holoprojector at its centre. She's wearing a peach jumper and conservative white skirt.

"Alright Lisha. Shall we get started? Sorry if my home is a bit of a mess."

She looks around to the relatively tidy but cluttered room, which I'd spent the past hour cleaning.

"It looks alright to me."

"I appreciate that. So. Let's just skip ahead to..."

The lesson continues for another 20 minutes, Lisha getting only slightly more comfortable in my presence. Then a figure walks by the window, taking a peek in. Allison. She sees Lisha and quickly blushes and waves, walking away.

"Oh. Do you tutor Allison too?"

"Oh? No, actually she lives next door funnily enough."

"Wait really? I saw you two talk but I never thought about it!"

"Yeah no, to be honest I've been 'babysitting' her for a few years now."

"Is it fun or weird her being in your class? If you don't mind me asking."

"No, no. It's alright. To be honest, initially weird. I'm not always great with new social environments."

She raises an eyebrow. "Really? But you talk in front of us all the time. And you seem so confident."

"Haha, well thank you. Think back to me in the first lesson though, remember whenever I'd be quiet or slightly mumble something?"

"Ohh-"

"Yeah. Nerves."

"I can definitely relate!"

I notice her shoulders lean back a bit. She stops shaking her leg. Another 30 minutes later, and it's time to finish.

"Alright I guess we should wrap up here then. Good job Lisha. You're clearly knowledgeable on this stuff. I hope you found this useful."

"Yes! It was actually really great thanks!"

She flashes a bright, pretty smile.

"So would we be able to do this every Sunday?" She asks.

"Absolutely, this slot is all yours."

"Great! See you next week Mr. Anders!"

I watch her leave. When she arrived, I saw her practically creep up the stairs. She's got a lightness in her feet now. I'm glad she was able to feel so much more comfortable in one session. She seems quite... bubbly at times. It's quite cute.

12