Eve & Lucy Ch. 04: Rehearsals

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah. And when you go to see Lucy, you just wear jeans and a jumper. Now, you're going to lunch with Carrie and you're wearing this gorgeous dress..."

I start to interject, but she barrels over my protests, waving her arms about.

"And you never talk about Lucy - no, you don't," she holds up a hand to stifle my objection, "you talk about the food, the underwear she gave you, but you don't actually talk about her - whereas you haven't stopped talking about Carrie for months. Seriously, we've heard all about your trip to the gym on Friday, the picnic you went on, everything she did in rehearsal on Saturday, the playlist she made for you, the text messages she sends you," she starts ticking things off on her fingers.

I finally get a word in edgewise. "Like, sorry, if I've bored you!"

"No, babe, that's not what I mean. I just... Look, I just don't get why you are still messing around with that woman Lucy when clearly you want to be with Carrie? What are you doing?"

"Well, like, Carrie isn't looking for a relationship."

"She wasn't. Come on Amanda, the way she is behaving towards you is more than friendly. And she's too honourable to make a move while you're with somebody else who, by the way, is moving back to London next weekend and is clearly not being fully honest with you, just booty calls you twice a week. Seriously, Amanda, what are you doing?"

My phone rings. "It's Carrie. Shit, like, I'd said I'd be waiting outside."

"Have fun on your date, babe!" She calls after me as I head down the stairs.

"It's not a date!" I yell back.

Carrie's car is pulled up on the double yellows, hazards on. There's a black clad, black haired figure, wearing sunglasses leaning against it. I bet Carrie's ecstatic about that! Not!

I squint against the bright morning sunshine as I make my way towards the car. The tall figure stops leaning against the GT and moves towards me.

"Hey Amanda! You look amazing in that dress!"

"Oh my God! Carrie?" Bloody hell, I didn't recognise her. "Wow! Hang on. Let me see."

I move round so that the sun isn't in my eyes and I can properly take in her new haircut. She's had it cropped close, like graded up the sides, longer on top, but still short. Not a pixie cut, but more of a school boy's short-back-and-sides with a side parting. The colour is sloe black, tar black, and, as she slides off her sunglasses, this makes the brilliant blue of her eyes burst that much brighter. My mouth is wide open and I wouldn't be surprised to find myself drooling. Fuck, I want her so badly.

"Um... do you like it?"

I shake myself. I don't know what to say. Like it? Like it?! It's fucking incredible! I want her to pick me up and ravish me on the hood of her car, right here, right now, in broad daylight. She is Temptation incarnate, Sapphism personified.

I can't say that.

"It suits you."

Her face falls. "Oh, so you don't -"

"Carrie," I say sternly, "it, like, looks amazing. You look really, really good."

She blushes.

"You like my dress then?" I kick a heel up and try to look coquettish. I know I'm flirting, and I know I shouldn't be.

She nods. "Yeah, you look wonderful." She clears her throat and tries to act all casual. "Starting to get some definition on those arms, babe. Those gym sessions are paying off."

I mug for her, flexing my non-existent biceps, as she laughs, the sexual tension dissipating. For like two seconds.

Eventually, after giggling like bashful teenagers we get into her car. As soon as the engine turns over, Haim comes through the stereo.

I don't wanna give up on you

"I love this song!"

"Well, duh! It's your mixtape!"

"I mean, don't feel you have to play them for me if you don't, you know, like it."

"No I do. I haven't actually listened to them all the way through yet: I haven't been driving much. But I've liked everything I've heard. Lots of it's been new to me." She looks at me as we wait for the lights. "Thanks again Amanda. It was a really sweet present."

"You're welcome! I'll have to, like, make you some more. I mean, I've got that stereo now."

Lunch is delicious, a proper roast. Georgie, her Mum, and her Gran, who I am instructed to call 'Gran', quiz me gently about my family, my course, my future plans. They are thrilled to hear I'm planning to stay in Bristol. Charlie and Cameron flirt with me outrageously. They are like puppies. Very tall, gangly ones, but puppies nonetheless.

Carrie acts like a moody teenager, rolling her eyes and huffing regularly. I respond to her brothers' flirting and tease her mercilessly just to irritate her further.

"Like, who do you think she looks like most, Cameron: Ruby Rose or Kristen Stewart?"

"Mmmm, not enough tattoos for Ruby, not pretty enough for Kristen."

"Oh, like, harsh!"

"I think she... she looks like Cary... Cary Ann Moss from the... the Matrix."

"Mum, nobody gets your 90s references."

Pudding is an apple crumble, with custard.

"Last year's apples," Gran explains. "I stew them, then freeze them. We get so many, but I hate seeing them go to waste."

"It's delicious!"

"No, Granny Smith actually."

"Oh God, Gran, that was awful." Carrie's reaction is actually funnier than the joke.

Post-lunch the conversation turns to family logistics.

"Carrie, so you know B-B-Bex and her b-b sons are coming up in a... in a couple of weeks for the match b-b... the rugby match?"

Carrie grunts a reply. The boys brighten.

"Safe Mum!"

"Wicked!"

"Well, I thought it would b-b-be great if they... if they could stay over?"

"Ah yeah, awesome!"

"Where are they going to sleep? What are you going to do Mum, pitch a tent in the garden?"

"Oh... well maybe. B-b-but actually I wondered if... if you'd mind if they had your room?"

"Where am I going to sleep?"

"Aw come on sis, allow it! You can have my room!"

"Yeah... or you could... you could stay with Mike... Or with Karen and Dave?"

"Or, like, you could stay with me?" I chip in.

They all look at me. I clear my throat. "I mean, Lydia spends a lot of time at Keith's, so, like, I could ask if you could have her room for the night?"

She raises her eyebrows at me. Cameron whistles. I ignore him.

"Aw, come on Carrie! It'll be fun, you know, like a girlie night!"

"Well, sounds like that's settled then," Gran interjects. "Right boys, get off your backsides: I want your help in the garden. The girls can clean up."

"Aw Gran!"

"No moaning. Get out there and earn your pocket money."

Carrie and I wash and dry, dancing around each other in their small kitchen, while her Mum finishes clearing the table and sweeps the floor. Without the boys bantering with us, she relaxes and even treats me to a few smiles as we brush against one another.

After lunch, she drags me up to her room "otherwise the boys are going to keep pestering you" and we squeeze onto her single bed and start watching the Netflix adaptation of What a Shortstop Does. After the full meal and the hectic few days, I find myself nodding off. I nestle into her, my head on her chest and let go.

* * *

Carrie - Monday

"So Amanda, any news on those videos? When are they coming out?" I'm putting the space heaters back in the prop cupboard when I hear Suzy ask the very question I'd been meaning to.

"I'm not sure, you know. Lucy's being, like, really evasive about it. But I'll see her tomorrow and I'll ask her, you know?"

"Things are going well with her then?"

"Yeah. Things are cool."

"Didn't you say she's going soon?"

"Yeah, this is, like, her last week." I can't help it. I know it's wrong, but my heart leaps a little at this and I move back towards them.

"Oh, that's a shame." God Suzy, I thought you were a better actress than that. There's not a hint of regret in her voice.

"Yeah. I mean, she said she'd, like, be back for visits, but, well, we'll see."

"Well," says Suzy, resting her hand lightly on Amanda's arm, "if you need somebody to drown your sorrows with afterwards, just give me a call, yeah?"

My blood runs hot. Is Suzy making a move on Amanda?! Fuck!

"Aw, like, thanks Suze." She turns to me. "Are you ready to go Carrie?"

"Yeah." I say and note Suzy staring at me.

"Oh, Carrie," Keke calls over, "can I grab you for a few minutes? Sorry! Just hang on." He turns back to his conversation with Josh and Ethan.

"I'll walk out with you, Amanda," Suzy says.

"Um... ok. Carrie, gym tomorrow at 10? See you there?"

"Definitely." I wrap her in a big hug. Suzy avoids my eyes.

Amanda glances back at me as she leaves. I shouldn't be jealous. I know they've been friends for much longer, thick as thieves on the set of Twelfth Night.

But I really fucking am.

I wait for Keke to finish with Josh and Ethan - they are really coming along - and then he comes over to me.

"Hey, fantastic work today. Really, really strong. And don't think I haven't spotted you supporting the others. It's really appreciated."

"No problem." Come on, cut to the chase: you didn't make me wait just to compliment me.

"So... Photo shoot on Wednesday at the Botanical Garden. You, Dev, Amanda and Haile. I was wondering... How would you feel about body paint?"

"I'm sorry? What?"

"Body paint. Specifically, a snakeskin effect. You know, make it clear what your role is."

"Er..."

"Yeah, so, you know Michelle?"

"Oh yeah, of course. She did make up for Twelfth Night, right?"

"Exactly. Anyway, she's really into it and she's offered to do it. She says she's got these privacy patches which go over your, you know," he hesitates, then whispers, "nipples. And you can wear a thong. But like, we'd be shooting you from the back anyway, head in profile. What do you say?"

This sounds like an ambush to me, like it's already a done deal. I'm about to reject it when a sudden flash of Suzy and Amanda makes me rethink. Not that I'm going to let Keke get away with it that easy. I fix him with a hard stare.

"I don't appreciate the lack of warning, Keke."

"Sorry, it was just an idea we had yesterday."

"Who's we?"

"Er, Haile and me? Then we spoke to Michelle..." He trails off under my glare.

I make him sweat.

"Fine. I'll do it. Nothing on display though."

"Of course, of course. I mean, the same goes for Amanda and Haile."

"Okay. Fine. I've already agreed to drive Amanda there. Let me know if you need me to give anybody else a lift."

"Well, actually, could you pick me and Michelle up earlier? I mean, it'll take a while for her to do the body paint. Baz can then drive Amanda, Haile, Dev and Clara up later. Is 2pm ok? My house?"

"Hmmm, yeah, ok."

"Great," he smiles, "thanks Carrie! Right, see you tomorrow at rehearsal then."

Wednesday - Carrie

"I'll leave you two to it, then, ok? Call me if you need anything. I'll just be outside."

"Thanks Keke." Michelle carries on setting out her gear. "So, Carrie, have you ever been body-painted before, Carrie?"

"No, totally new experience for me. Um, do I need to strip off everything?"

"Well, I was thinking we'd either start with your legs first, so you can keep your top on to start with or, do the top, so at least you don't have to stand the whole time. It's up to you. Has Keke shown you the design?"

"No actually."

"Oh, right, well, have a look." Michelle gets out a sketch pad and shows me what she has in mind. Basically, the idea is that of a cobra, with its broad hood spread - the hood being across my shoulder blades, body trailing down my legs. My face will be turned to the right, and that half of my face painted to look like the snake's head in profile. She's brought a white swim cap to put on my head, which she'll also paint. But the really clever trick is that my left arm will come around, my hand pointing out from my mouth, holding the apple for Eve and painted to look like a tongue.

"Wow, that's really clever. I'm impressed."

"Got any audio books? This will take a while and I don't mind if you want to listen to something."

Luckily, the botanical garden greenhouse where we've been given permission to shoot this is really warm, though I brought along the space heaters too just in case.

I decide I'd rather sit, so she works on my back and face. It takes ages and eventually we run out of conversation topics. It's oddly relaxing. The feeling of her airbrush on my back is very sensual, very calming, like being stroked. It's not erotic, but it is very sensuous. The sensation of the paint hardening on my skin is odd, tingly. But most of all is the feeling of stillness. I can't do anything else. I can only sit and be. I do put in earphones and listen to one of Amanda's playlists - I'd asked her to share them with me on Spotify so I don't have to be in the car to listen to them. But aside from listening to music, all I have to do in the world is sit still and be present. It's incredible to let go like that.

Michelle fits the swim hat and has me turn my head to one side, which means I do need to remove my earbuds.

"Ok, I'm done there. Can you take your leggings off please?"

And now I'm standing here completely naked. She's said I could keep a thong on, but I didn't have one and figured it would just ruin it. I mean, I'm wearing a couple of modesty patches over my nipples and public area, but I'm otherwise bare. After the first few minutes of feeling embarrassed, that fades, and then it just becomes normal. She's just touching up the tongue on my hand when there's a knock at the door.

"Is it ok to come in?"

"Is it ok, Carrie?"

"Well, I'm not going to wimp out now!" I raise my voice, "Yes, come in!"

Dev, Haile, Amanda, Baz, Keke and the photographer, Clara, troop in.

"Oh wow, Carrie, that looks amazing."

They coo at Michelle's handiwork for a while, then Clara starts directing Baz and Keke to where she wants lights and reflectors set up. Dev's already in costume, but Michelle adds a few touches of make up to him. Amanda and Haile strip off.

Soon, Clara has Amanda and I naked and nearly touching, staring into each other's eyes. Her lips are parted, her eyes full of trust and desire. It's just as erotic as the last time.

Thursday - Amanda

"Wow, Amanda you look stunning!"

"Aw, like, thanks Lids!"

"No, seriously! That colour looks amazing on you."

"Let's see, let's see." Lydia's exclamation has bought Louise running. "Oh my God. Amanda, you look incredible. Shit girl, I'd go gay for you like that! Can I....?" She holds out her hand, wanting to feel the material.

"Sure, but, like, no groping! I'd be pleased to support you on your journey out of the closet Louise, but I'm a taken woman!"

Louise gently strokes the hem of the bright red dress. The underside is silk, and feels fantastic against my skin, with layers of tulle over the top. The skirt is quite generous, which is just as well as I'm only wearing a thong under it. It's a backless halterneck, so I'm braless, but there's plenty of built in support giving me a generous cleavage, with a bright garnet pendant nestling between my breasts. Towering in 5 inch heels, I feel Amazonian in this.

"God, that feels divine. Where did you get it?"

"Lucy gave it to me. I've no idea where she bought it, she wouldn't tell me. It's Dior though."

This brings on another chorus of squeals and "Oh my Gods!" from them.

"Those shoes as well, they are incredible," Lydia gushes.

"I hope you aren't planning on walking down the hill in those, though?"

"No, like, Lucy's picking me up in an uber."

"Where's she taking you?"

"Oh, like, some posh seafood place on Whiteladies."

"But you don't like seafood Amanda." Louise folds her arms.

"I mean, I don't hate it, you know? Like, I'll eat it."

She doesn't seem impressed, but Lydia jumps in. "What are you wearing over it?"

"Um, like, I wasn't going to bother. I mean, we'll be going straight from the uber to the restaurant, then I imagine like, uber back to hers."

"I dunno babe, it's arctic out there."

"Yeah, but, like, I can't wear my puffer with this, you know?"

"Hang on," says Louise. She walks past me, knocks on Samantha's door and goes in.

"So, is this your last night together?" Lydia asks.

"Maybe. I mean, she said she'd be back in two weeks and said we can get dinner at her hotel." I bite my lip. "I'm not sure. Like, I don't want to be her Bristol booty call, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand." She hugs me.

"Here, put this on." Louise has come back with Sarah's smart Desigual coat, "I checked with Samantha. This will go great with your eyes and hair."

She hustles me into it. It's a good fit, if slightly short on me, but then Sarah is smaller. "Oh that's perfect, good thinking Lou."

"Yeah, Sarah should wear this more often. Honestly, she's such a scruff."

My phone pings. It's Lucy: nearly there x. "Oh, time to go. Bye babes." I hug them goodbye and head carefully down the stairs, not an easy task in these heels. After a few steps I just slip them off and carry them.

I was expecting Lucy to be waiting outside, she's not, so I'm very glad Louise told me to wear a coat, as it is freezing as I hover on the pavement. Even through the coat, my nipples have stiffened solid, and my toes are like ice.

Luckily, the uber turns up a couple of minutes later.

"Oh," she says, looking disappointed. "I thought you'd wear the dress?"

"I mean, I am, but, you know, it was freezing. So I borrowed Sarah's coat."

"It's nice actually. What is it, Desigual?"

"Yeah."

"Pretty good for a high street brand. I always check their boutique when I'm in Menorca."

She takes my hand as the car pulls away.

Once we're in the restaurant and I shed Sarah's coat and I see the maitre d's eyes light up, I feel like the belle of the ball. Lucy herself looks stunning in a green catsuit that brings out the red in her hair and shows off her shapely legs. Heads swivel as we walk to our table, which is by the window, so I feel very much on display as quite a few pedestrians take in the view. One guy actually walks into a lamppost, he's so distracted by us, which has us giggling into our hands.

The meal is ok. I mean, fish and seafood aren't really my favourite, but I grew up in Cornwall so I've been forced to eat it enough to be able to put on a brave face. At least the wine is great, though I make myself not drink too much.

Eventually, as dessert is being cleared, I decide to raise the issue Lucy has been deftly avoiding.

"So, like, when do you think you'll, you know, put the videos out?"

She sighs, but then bows to the inevitable. "Well... probably not for a while." She sees my frown and leans forward, resting her head on her hand, speaking to me softly. "The thing is, if we put them out now, before we've rolled the project out to other areas of the UK, it won't have the impact. We need to get the training in place for police officers. Timing is key: if the videos prompt victims to come forward, but they don't get heard, then that's incredibly damaging and could discourage others from coming forward. You understand."

"Yeah, but, like how do you know?"

"Trust me on this Amanda: this is what I do." She leans back, sips her wine.

No, I'm not giving up that easily. "No, I mean, you're, like, missing the point because -"

"Excuse me? Er, no, Amanda, I'm not missing anything. Look, you're still a student; I've been in this role for 4 years now. I know how these things work." She glares at me. "We'll use them, if we use them, when I decide." She softens a bit. "Now, come on, let's not ruin the evening. Do you have any plans for the summer? Maybe we can arrange a getaway together?"

I stare back.

No.

No, this will not happen. I sit up straight, take a sip of water, dab at my mouth with my napkin, banish that ridiculous, unthreatening valley-girl version of Amanda to the back of my mind and compose myself.