Eve & Lucy Ch. 05: Show Time

Story Info
Can the girls get their performances to peak together?
25.8k words
4.94
3.8k
7

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 04/19/2024
Created 03/10/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dearest readers

Thanks so much for being here. Obviously, if you are a new reader, I strongly recommend you go back and read parts 1 to 4 first. But, you know, that's your call. It's been a trip and a half. For those who've already read the other parts, thanks for your patience and kind words.

In case you were concerned, although this is the end of this story, you will see these characters again. It's not the end of their stories.

Thanks to Mykymyk2 for editing and feedback and helping make this better. All remaining errors and flaws are my own.

All characters involved in sex scenes are over 18.

Happy reading!

Love T x

Friday - Carrie

As is my wont, I slowly wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off.

First, I feel a delicious sense of contentment and rightness, and then I become aware of the weight on my chest and legs, of the warm body I'm holding to me, Amanda's scent and the rhythm of her breathing.

I keep my eyes closed and try to just enjoy it. I'm just caring for her.

I've never actually done this before: woken up with a woman. With Miriam and Rhian, the girl I dated at college, love-making was always during snatched afternoons at their houses. I never stayed over.

Her head is resting on my left breast, the pressure pleasant rather than uncomfortable. Actually, it could be the most excruciating pain on Earth, I wouldn't mind. And, in a sense, it is.

Regardless, I never want her to move. Her right arm is thrown over me, as is her right leg, which nestles between mine. My arms are around her and I instinctively tighten them a little.

I hope she isn't getting pins and needles down her left side.

I try to keep my thoughts chaste, but it's a real struggle.

I don't want her to wake up yet.

I want her to wake up.

I don't want her to wake up.

Hazy and half-asleep, visions of plucked petals float down upon me.

I want her to wake up.

I don't want her to wake up.

I want her to...

I don't want her to...

I want her...

In my mind, the petals morph into clothes. Guilt nags at me as I pluck at them.

When my alarm does go off, I can't quite reach it and have to roll her onto her back and lean over to grab my phone.

She cuddles back into me for a blissful moment, rubbing her head against me like a contented cat. But then she jerks, startling and sitting up, clutching the duvet to her chest.

It's hard in a single bed, but I do my best to give her some space, pushing myself up against the wall.

"Oh." She lets out a shuddering sigh. "Thank God." She flops back down again, on her back, her hands over her face.

I lie still, unsure, uncertain.

Turning to me, her hand finds mine under the covers. "Like, thanks so much for last night, Carrie, you know?"

I let out the breath I'd been holding in, and give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Of course. Any time."

"Do you need to, like, get up?"

Outside the door, we hear feet on the landing and the bathroom door click closed. Mum.

"No, we're good for a little bit."

We lay there in silence for a moment, me watching her face as Amanda's own eyes turn inward, vacant, clearly reliving something inside her head. "Amanda, somebody told me friends tell each other things. Do you want to talk about it?"

Her face crumples and without even thinking about it, I pull her to me, cradling her head gently in my arms.

"Oh God, Carrie, it was so awful. It was like the video."

My blood runs hot, like a flash of radiation through me. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, yeah. I stopped her."

Stopped her from what? Dare I ask?

"But I know she was going to. I mean, I just don't get it? Like, what would that even do for her? Why would she get off on that?"

I really have no idea.

Her voice sounds hollow, hurt. "You know, I'm actually quite vanilla, I think, in what I enjoy. I mean, is it just because I'm black so somehow people think I'm, like, into more, I don't know, exotic sexual practices? All I ever wanted was to be loved."

My days. It would be so easy to.

"God, one guy I went out with, Jordan, was constantly nagging me for anal." She shudders. "Shame, because he was the best in bed. Well, until..."

She leaves that thought unfinished. I both do and don't want to know what she was going to say. Anyway, there is something important I feel I should ask, as much as she may not want to go there.

"Should you, um, go to the police about it?"

She sighs. "Like, I really should, shouldn't I? That's why I was so silent in the car. I was wondering if I should just, like, tell you to drive to the nearest police station."

She lifts her head up and looks at me. "But, I don't know. I mean, what am I going to say? 'I thought my girlfriend was going to stick something up my bum, but then she didn't.' I mean, she isn't going to, like, admit to it."

Oh, right. "Well, whatever you decide to do, I'll support you. I'm here if you need me." Like if you want to go and have it out with this girl, I've got your back.

"Thanks Carrie."

She's silent for a while longer.

"The worst thing is, like, all the signs were there. I just ignored them. I mean, when Baz suggested we do a same sex couple it hit me, you know, that she could be like that."

She wipes at her eyes with the duvet. I reach over and pull her out a tissue from the box.

"Thanks. Like, maybe she had already been like that, you know?" I can hear the catch in her voice. "Maybe that's the worst thing about it, like, even after "me too" people still think it won't happen to them." Her voice is thick.

She curls into me as I cradle and soothe her and she sobs her words into me. "And it did, it really did."

There's a knock on the door. "Are you decent?" It's Gran.

"Yes! Amanda's here."

"Yes, I know that Carrie!" Gran elbows open the door. "Thought you could do with a mug of tea. Just milk, right Amanda?"

"Er, yeah, thanks Gran." Amanda sniffs as Gran puts them down on my bedside table. Gran had been up last night when we'd arrived back, waiting with the lights on. She'd gathered Amanda to her when I carried her in from the car, then held her as I'd washed her feet with warm water in the washing up bowl.

Thankfully Amanda was able to get herself into the bathroom and into pyjamas by herself. I'm not sure I could have coped with dressing her. It was hard enough having her next to me in the car knowing she was naked under her coat.

"Thanks Gran, but we've got to get up in a minute anyway."

"No, you don't. You stay right there."

"But I've got to take Mum..."

"No you don't, Carrie. Your mother is perfectly capable of getting to work by herself. Your friend needs you. Stay there." She turns to Amanda. "Pinch her if she tries to move."

"Aw, like, I don't want to pinch her! I'll just hold her instead." She snuggles into me as if to demonstrate.

I'm not sure pinching would be worse.

Gran nods. "Good idea."

As she goes out, Mum sticks her head in. "I'll ask... ask Nicci to text you to... to tell you I'm there."

"It's ok Mum, you don't need to." God, I know that will embarrass her.

"Well, I will anyway. Have a... a good day."

There's an embarrassing silence. Then Amanda starts giggling, which at least breaks the tension.

"I love your family!"

"Yeah." I suppose, looking at it from outside as she sees it, there is a lot to love. Support. Kindness. Compassion.

We sit up and sip our tea in silence.

"Can I plug my phone in? I need to, like, see if any of my flatmates are at home. I forgot my keys."

"Sure." Oh. Oh! Maybe that was why she didn't want me to take her to her flat last night?

She digs her phone out of her coat pocket and plugs it into my charger. Immediately, it starts pinging.

"Fuck." There's a pause and a sound of disbelief escapes her mouth. "Look at this!"

She shows me a string of messages from Lucy:

Amanda, I'm so sorry, I completely overreacted. Please, please come back. Lucy x

I was wrong, please come back to me. Don't leave me alone tonight. Please x

I get you're angry, but I'm worried. Please tell me you're safe. X

Where are you? I've called the police, but they won't do anything. Please let me know you are safe. I'm so sorry. X

I see Amanda biting her lip. She types out a brief reply.

"What did you say?"

"I just told her I was safe. She doesn't deserve much, but I'm not, like, a total bitch. Besides, I want her to put those videos out."

"You think she will?"

"If she doesn't, I will. But, like, it would be better if she did: more official, you know?"

"Wow, Amanda."

"Yeah, well, this is important. I wish I didn't know how important. But it really is."

I wrap my arms around her and pull her in. She shifts so she's leaning back against me, and covers my arms with hers. After a few moments, she picks her phone back up. I glance at the screen, but see she's on Falmouth Place group chat asking who is home and until when as she forgot her key.

I'm about to open my mouth to express something that's been building in me for a while, but then her phone lights up with a series of pings.

"Ok, looks like Louise will be there until 10, but the others all have to be out soon."

She wiggles and looks back at me. "Can you drop me back before 10? Sorry to, like, impose again Carrie, but I don't even have my purse, you know?"

"Sure." Damn. Or you could just stay in bed with me all day. Is exactly what I don't say.

"Thanks. You're a legend." She sends a quick reply.

"Well, I suppose I'd better find you some clothes and some breakfast then."

"Mmmm. Can we cuddle a bit more first? Like, is that okay?"

More than okay. Perfect. A dream come true. I don't say that. "Sure."

We doze a bit, until the front door shutting jolts me awake.

"Come on sleepyhead, we need to get moving if we're going to get you there before 10."

We surface and take it in turns to shower. I lay out some clothes for her and then nip downstairs to sort out some breakfast for us both. All the while my mind is in turmoil. Do I tell her that I've got feelings for her? That I should never have walked out on her that afternoon, that I should never have let her go? But, is now really the best time? I mean, she's just finished with Lucy and she's probably not all that keen on another relationship right now?

To try to keep her mind off last night, I get her to tell me about her upcoming Drama Assessment. It's going to be pretty full on and I can't believe she's managing to learn lines for that, a devised film, while also learning the part of Eve. Sadly, it also means we're not going to get to see each other much over the next week aside from in rehearsals. She's even got a full day on Sunday prepping for it.

"Well, maybe you could come up here for dinner one evening?" I venture.

"That would be lovely, Carrie. What's, like, the rehearsal schedule this week?"

"We could do Wednesday maybe?"

"What and, like, babysit Evie together? She'd love that!"

"Oh God, yeah, so would the boys. No, bad idea."

"Oh, I don't mind."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, absolutely! Like, you'd have to drop me back afterwards, but I could get the train here with you, right?"

"Great!"

I drag things out as much as I can, but there really isn't much excuse to hang around. Maybe I'll pluck up enough courage to say something in the car. With Evie and boys around, I definitely won't on Wednesday.

However, almost as soon as we pull away, Amanda's phone rings.

"Hello?.... She did what? Oh fuck. Hang on."

She covers the handset. "It's Louise: Lucy sent the dress and shoes back to our flat by courier. Louise has just signed for them."

She turns back to her conversation. "Yeah. No, I'm fine... the coat of course... Carrie came and picked me up... Yeah... No, I didn't sleep naked! She, like, lent me clothes of course.... No... Look, like, we'll be back soon and... Look, okay, if you have to know we had a row and, like, I stormed out and she wouldn't let me take the dress.... Yes, I completely agree... Yes, you were right," she lets out a huge sigh and makes the yapping signal with her hand. "Look we're nearly there, you can go all told-you-so to my face in, like, 5 minutes. I'll make you a badge... Yeah... Yeah she is. Yes I'll tell her... Okay... Love you."

"Like, Louise says to tell you that you are amazing. So, Carrie, it's, like, official: you are amazing. You're getting a badge too."

I blush. Damn the lack of traffic today. We're already in Clifton. "Just doing what anyone would."

"No, like, no. You really went above and beyond. I mean, I totally don't deserve you." In my head she has those pronouns around the wrong way.

We circle around, trying to find somewhere to park. I really want to come in with her. I've nothing until this afternoon anyway. But the Gods of parking are not smiling on us today.

"You can just drop me off, Carrie. Honestly, like, I'll get your clothes back to you at rehearsal tomorrow."

"Psh, don't worry about it."

I pull in on the double yellows and stick on the hazards. She's hugging me before I even have a chance to stop the engine.

"Thanks so much, Carrie."

With the spit of her lips still wet on my cheek, she's gone.

And so, it seems, is the best chance I'll have to say how I feel.

Amanda - Friday

"Wow, Amanda, wow. I take back any bad thought I ever had about Carrie."

"Well, they were, like, mostly in my head anyway," I say, guiltily reflecting on the ridiculous rivalry I'd imagined.

"But she just sped down there, swooped you up into the car and rescued you? That's like something out of a film! Fuck! Come on - that's more than just friends."

I wave her off. I don't want to think about that. I don't want to dwell on how wonderful it was waking up with her this morning. How much I just wanted to stay there. I had to force myself to get out of the car quickly. I mean, how would it have looked to Carrie, with all our history, if I spent ages giving her the long, lingering hug I wanted? It was hard enough keeping my hands to myself this morning.

"So what? Like, one, she's made it clear she's not interested, and two, I just finished with Lucy. Like, how cheap will that make me look if I immediately try to get with somebody else, you know?"

"Well, ok, but you need to really thank her. Shit, I feel like I need to thank her."

"Well, like, you can on Saturday: she's staying here."

"Really? Why? Where?"

"Her house is full, so I offered. Lydia's said she can have her bed and she'll stay with Keith."

"Oh right." Louise seems to pause and think for a moment. "Look, do you want me to blow off my lecture and stay with you today."

"No, no, it's cool. I've got a class to attend at 11. I mean, it's all a bit pointless, as I've already handed in my essay, but, you know, it's compulsory. So I'll be, like, heading out in a minute. You go, I've made you late already."

"Ok. Well, I'll try not to be smug about it, but I'm really pleased Lucy's out of the picture. She was love bombing you and using you and I'm glad she's gone." She gives me a big hug. "See you later."

* * *

It's a tough weekend, full of rehearsals. I give Carrie back her clothes and a box of chocolates as a thank you at the very first rehearsal, though it feels wholly inadequate. But she and Dev have to stay on to work on the scenes between God and Lucifer after the rest of us are dismissed, so I barely get a chance to speak to her.

The text messages fly back and forth between us though and dissolve into a meme fest of competing gifs featuring different representations of Eve and Devil. As I'm the one sending the devil gifs, I have a much easier job as those are everywhere.

Having no other plans on Saturday evening, I decide to call Carrie, but just as I'm about to dial her, my mother calls.

It's a long one, full of updates about my aunties and cousins, whom I see perhaps once a year at Christmas, and the occasional family wedding.

I finally tell her about my role as Eve and what I won't be wearing. There's a silence on the end of the line.

"Mum?"

"Why, Amanda? Why would you agree to that? I'm speechless."

"Because it's right for the part. This is Eve from the Bible, Mum. The Good Book says she and Adam are naked. And I didn't just agree, I suggested it."

"Thank you daughter, I do know what it says in Genesis. "Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked." I guess I should be pleased that you know your Bible. I just don't understand why you would take the part. Do you not care what this will make you look like?"

"Because I love acting and this was the play they were doing. It was that or nothing."

"Nothing would be better."

I don't remind her that nothing is what I'll be wearing for much of it.

"Well," she says finally, "I don't think we will tell your father about this. And I don't think we'll be driving up for this play."

By the end of the call I don't know whether to scream or cry or both. I'm also more convinced than ever that coming out to them would effectively mean an end to any relationship we have.

I message Carrie: Is it too late to call? x

I sit there for a while, staring at my screen, willing her to see it, but there's no blue tick. The energy and anxiety my mother has provoked in me is boiling up and I can't sit still.

I grab a bottle of wine from the kitchen, two glasses and go and knock on Louise's door. She lets me vent, cry and moan for an hour and half.

Eventually, we exhaust my woes and we start talking about finding a place for next year. We'd both like to get a lease starting in September to avoid paying over the summer: Louise is going to be away working on Summer camps in Europe, so doesn't want to waste rent for July and August. Samantha's parents are buying a flat in Kingsdown for her and Sarah to move into, with a spare room that I can use over the summer. I'd like to wait until I know what school I'm going to be in, but Louise wants to stay central, preferably near to the girls. I agree, but I don't want a long commute, especially as I don't drive.

By the time I get to bed post midnight, I realise I'd left my phone in my room. There's a reply from Carrie:

I'm always here for you x

I reply: Thank you! I went and vented at Louise, so you were spared my angst for the evening. Missed your voice though. See you soon x

* * *

Monday brings a slight surprise. A terse message from Lucy:

Send me your email. I've the contract ready.

I do, and by 4pm I can see it's in my inbox. I message Kate.

Hi Kate

How's it going? I was wondering if I could get Melissa's contact from you? I wanted to pay her to look over a contract for us. It's for some videos we made that are going to be distributed.

Want to do karaoke again soon? (Not tonight though.)

x

She messages me back almost instantly:

Hey!

I've forwarded your message to Mel. I'm sure she'll be in touch.

So down for karaoke. Let me know when.

Kate x

Rehearsals are just about to start, when I see I've got a message from an unknown number.

Hey, it's Melissa

Kate forwarded your message. Sure, I'll take a look. Funnily enough, I've been reviewing a lot of video distribution contracts lately. Here's my email: legal@msnadine.co.uk When I've had a chance to take a look I'll let you know. Then you can buy me a drink in the Lounge and we'll go through it and discuss payment.

Can you send me the videos this pertains to?

Cheers, Mel

I send a quick thank you and attach the videos via Whatsapp. I'm just finishing forwarding the contract to her, when another message comes through.

123456...8