All Comments on 'Evelyn, the Electrician'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Nice story! I appreciate the attention to detail in your stories.

5

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 months ago

Great story, your knowledge of electrical work is impressive. This story was well crafted and the pace was spot on. Thank you for sharing.5*

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 months ago

Well done. Five big ones.

300WSM300WSMabout 2 months ago

Another great story

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 months ago

Nice story and I learned a lot!

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 2 months ago

A very lovely story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. You certainly have an eclectic range of knowledge. 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

Don't know anything about electrics so have to rely on you there, but, once again, you've produced another great story. Thanks.

6King6Kingabout 2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Well done.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 months ago

5+++++. As usual, great story. Please keep them coming.

Davester37Davester37about 2 months ago

I’m always amazed by the depth and breadth of your background. You’ve either lived an incredibly interesting life, you’re very good at doing research, or some combination of the two. Either way, I’m a big fan of all of the different stories you write!

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

musicman1261musicman1261about 2 months ago

Another great story!

mcollectmcollectabout 2 months ago

As always a great story. When I open Lit I always look for your name first, as I know it will be a good read! 5* of course.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4uabout 2 months ago

Every good deed deserves its reward and I think he got the grand prize. Great story.

neil1955neil1955about 2 months ago

I loved it. My father owned a construction company and I found the details to be spot on.

BlueFox007BlueFox007about 2 months ago

So we’ll done. Great story about interesting people with believable problems. Thank you for writing.. 5*****

Spyder23Spyder23about 2 months ago

You took a simple 5,000 word story and surrounded it with 10,000 words of technical stuff. While I admire your attention to detail, the technical stuff got overwhelming at times, and I wished that you would get to the story. Still gave you 5 stars though for the work you put in.

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryabout 2 months ago

Thank you for another well done story. Simply amazing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

My father was an electrical contractor, and I have worked both as an electrician and in the electrical supply field. I really enjoyed your background work, and the research you must have put in....including the usage of Square D as a Your equipment. WELL WORTH FIVE STARS!!!

eomersoneomersonabout 2 months ago

Great story. Bringing in elements of a profession, hobby or event enhances the story. I always read your stories as I know they will have a ring of reality that draws me in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I love these things. Even with my limited knowledge, it was fun following the story thread through the construction process. Of course, we all knew where the romance was going to end up, which is okay.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGoodabout 2 months ago

Like the other commenters, I know squat about electrical engineering. Your explanations were way over my head. Well written story and a joy to read.

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

Nice…….. thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

When the engineer met the electrician, sparks flew.

Sorry, couldn't resist(or).

lAnatomistelAnatomisteabout 2 months ago

How do you do it?

5-stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Anon here. I'm also a wireman and a superintendent. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

My daughter is an electrical contractor and also teaches the apprentice electricians at the technical college. He son is now a highly appreciated electrician in a power plant. Once it goes past wiring a house I am lost. However you made it all quite understandable. My daughter's experiences when she was one of the first females in the field, were similar to the heroine. I guess that is why I appreciated so much the prejudice side of the story. It was very true to life. Thanks

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was a great story but as an IBEW member my self.

The Apptince ship is 5 years in my local.

No IBEW local has 2 years Apprenticeship .

And ol Mack would more than likely have been arrested for sabotage or made to pay for the mess he made .and would have been a job at that company at the least for the rest of his career .But other than that is was a great story.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 2 months ago

Just how does Ronde know so much about so many things? We need to know!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

I'm in industry so I was able to follow the details of the electrical project. Either you did a lot of research for the story or wrk(ed) in the business. Not sure a lot readers wanted that much detail (LOL), but worked for me. 4.5*

WilCox49WilCox49about 2 months ago

Well, people far better than I have already praised your background knowledge in this one, but it's consistent with many of your stories. Mack deserves to have the money he cost taken out of his hide; I would say he was overdone--except that I've known a few people like him. Another excellent job! THANK YOU!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 months ago

Not sure how you keep doing it, but don't stop, please.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 months ago

A touching story, but I learned way more about being an electrician than I ever wanted to. I couldn’t relate to the technical aspect, and I spent more time thinking and less enjoying the story. You did a lot of research, I assume, but it was lost on me. Way too much detail on that aspect of the story.

afosi2604afosi2604about 2 months ago

5*. Another enjoyable read.

J6480J6480about 2 months ago

Good story and incredible research enjoyed the tale

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 2 months ago

Very enjoyable! I enjoyed the plot development and the characters. You either did a lot of homework on the technical part or you already knew it. Either way, this electrical engineer says “well done!” Five well deserved stars. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm a Chartered Building Services Engineer who recently retired from a career in UK construction. All the electrical issues and processes you describe are exactly what I've experienced and had to deal with with contractors and designers - spot-on knowledge, as is the case with the detail in your other tales - so well done, as others have remarked. Also, of course, very good stories on top of the technical accuracy. More please!

FlamethrowFlamethrowabout 2 months ago

I thought that all the detail about electrical engineering would distract me from the core of the story but it did not.

A genuinely sweet story about real people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What A_Bierce wrote, "Not sure how you keep doing it, but don't stop, please."

Be Well and Happy, Ronde!

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A tiny bit heavy on the technicalities of electric work, but what an awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Theresa needs a sibling... 10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

We Love your Love stories.

Also loved this special story because of beginnings as an electronic engineer and up through the ranks to general manager and COO. Geek techie communications engineer with a lovely best friend wife who both enjoy loving romance stories.

Thank you for all of yours, and please keep them coming.

S&JW

linnearlinnearabout 2 months ago

Another beautiful romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What do you when you are not writing? Are you an electrician?

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the technical details as much as the romance. You did your homework and I enjoyed learning new things. Strong work.

Crusader235Crusader235about 1 month ago

Excellent love story, and learned some new electrical things. Five stars

PhredDaggPhredDaggabout 1 month ago

Another great story. PLEASE keep them coming. I can't get enough of them. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Lots of detail about electrical work that didn’t seem essential (or comprehensible). In a sense, that’s typical of this author’s work. Any romance is tacked on after lots of detail about some area of interest to the author. What I really can’t comprehend is how the author knows so damned much! ronde is a talented writer whose breadth of knowledge becomes more apparent with each tale. I can’t wait to see where the author wanders next.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 month ago

Love your romance stories especially, 5/5. Feel like I got a degree in EE just reading this though....

ArkSoutherngentArkSoutherngentabout 1 month ago

Well, this Old Master Electrician thinks it was a Great Story...!!!!

Over the years I have fixed lots of Engineer screwups...!!!!

ChrissrChrissrabout 1 month ago

Too much technical got in the way of a what would have been good story.

mainwiz3mainwiz322 days ago

I retired from the trades and the story made sense to me because I spent time around it it felt like home.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS