All Comments on 'Every Man's Fantasy Ch. 04'

by Erinaceous

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
drmrbludrmrbluover 10 years ago
Interesting and thought provoking

The concept of the story is one part apocalyptic and one part modern society makes this story imaginative and enjoyable. The story is well written and holds the reader's attention. The inclusions of the possible side effects of a massive black hole not only affecting normal space but also other aspects such as hyperspace and how the gravity wells and contours could be influenced is also a attractive concept. Some of the concerns of the other older tribe members really needs to be taken into consideration by the tribe's leader. One person needs to make the final decision, but based upon as many logical inputs as possible. It is good to not over look a possible consequence of changes to the normal pattern of interactions with adjacent tribes. Keeping Ezra's presence a secret for as long as possible is to the tribe's benefit and minimize tribal rivalry. Please continue your writing and sharing with all of us out here in cyberspace.

Kaleb_BartlettKaleb_Bartlettabout 10 years ago
love to read more.

I can't wait for more of this story to come out.

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 10 years agoAuthor
drmrblu

Dear drmrblu,

Thanks very much for your perceptive comment. You understand my intentions very well, even in regard to an aspect of the story I decided to suppress, where you say 'Some of the concerns of the other older tribe members really need to be taken into consideration by the tribe's leader'.

I had the idea that Ezra should be the object of the older tribe-members lustful attentions but I found I was taking too long to set the background (and, I hope, seed some later ironies and conflicts) that I did not have time for this story-line if I wanted to get Ezra out of the forest to meet the other tribes.

I hope you have kept reading and are pleased with the direction the story takes.

Regards,

Erinaceous.

ErinaceousErinaceousalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Kaleb_Bartlett

Thanks for your comment. I am pleased to see from your later comments that you're still a fan. It means a lot to me.

Regards,

Erinaceous.

Master_Of_LifeMaster_Of_Lifeover 9 years ago
explanations

2 gaping points you completely failed to address in the history:

WHY did every piece of technology EXCEPT the cloning labs get fried?

WHY is it impossible to clone men, but not women?

These 2 points may be connected -- as the emp only affecting a single part in those electronics, but an explanation for how that occurred would also be needed.

I'm hoping these questions will be answered when Ezra reaches the cloning city... otherwise, the whole premise falls apart.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
All around great chapter

Much nicer length, very good details on both the science and history sides.

An enjoyable finish with a good bond developing.

Jason

ErinaceousErinaceousover 9 years agoAuthor
Reply to Master_Of_Life - explanations

Thanks for your comment about the two 'gaping points' in my story's history. Here are the answers:

1 How come the cloning labs work when radiation from the black hole fried all electronic circuits? The answer is given in Chapter 8. (It's no spoiler to reveal here that there are cloning kits which work purely chemically and mechanically, without electronics.)

2 Why are there only female clones? I'm afraid I can't reveal the answer to that good question because that would be a huge spoiler. Your assumption that they are somatic clones, however, not germ-cell clones (which would all be female but not identical to the mother), is correct.

Regards, Erinaceous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
infertility

If all mammals are now infertile, how would Ezra be able to give the tribe children? All the women would be infertile. And they can't have become fertile due to cloning, our the livestock would have become fertile as well. Tell me if I missed something

ErinaceousErinaceousabout 9 years agoAuthor
Re: Infertility

Anonymous asked: how come Ezra's bedmates are fertile.

Part of the answer is that it's 100 years after the star exploded and the radiation is much weaker and so its sterilising effect is much less. I can't tell you more - it would be a spoiler.

Thanks for your question. I hope you read on.

Regards,

Erinaceous.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 7 years ago
darling darling darling

darling, there is to much darling in this chapter

I mean darling, come on, its not like darling is the only darling world you could darling use. I mean darling is fine and all but for darlings sake could you be a darling and use something other than darling in the future? :P

JC

maddictmaddictalmost 5 years ago
Always the reason

I'm afraid you haven't enough chapters for a fine story. I do like the same characters as in your other stories. A village of women, not entirely certain of what they are missing. Ezra, it may be your undoing to be alone, even in the future a man still suffers blue balls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
AWESOME

I have not commented until now,

but I have been giving ⭐⭐⭐ ⭐⭐.

I am awed that a human mind can construct such an intricate and imaginary other-world, including what it was like when it regressed due to the loss of technology. Added to that, is what is concurrently happening back on earth. Then there is the imaginative creation of the space station, space ships able to conquer many lifetimes of light years of distance, coupled with enough discussion of the necessary futuristic technology to impress a lesser knowledgeable mind like mine.

Unlike some Literotica writers who have great plots/story ideas, but write so poorly you give up on them (or are tempted to) -- in contrast, Erinaceous is highly competent in vocabulary, grammar and whatever else is needed to put his ideas on paper (internet) so we Literotica readers can assimilate his mental processes (read: enjoy his ideas/stories).

I am awed.

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userErinaceous@Erinaceous
I've just submitted my 2021 Geek Pride story to be published in May. It's the 2020 story that I never finished. The title is 'We are such stuff'. The story is 18,500 words long and is written in an odd style as an experiment: all dialogue and no narrative. I'm still slowly ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES