Executive Privilege - A Sequel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Saint Thomas is no longer necessary. I can handle it from here on. Walk with me, child."

She extended her arm and took his hand. Tom took her hand and they walked. Down the Lane, through the calm field, over a small hill, talking all the time. She told me how she marveled at the way I had handled my life. She was sorry for the way I could not get past my hurt and pain. She noted that my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren had helped me immeasurably. But only when in their company. When I was alone, I was miserable. I never reached out, sought companionship, or tried for any friendship, platonic or sexual. I was a shattered husk of a person.

Tom said numerous people had said the same things. But he couldn't lose the pain. And after a while, he stopped trying.

Finally, they topped a small rise and started down into a vale. The woods closed in and there was a small cottage on the left of the road. A shaded path led to a wooden front door. They turned onto the path, and the two maidens paused by the gate. As we slowly walked up the path, the lady continued.

"There is one more thing you need to do. There is someone who needs closure as much as you, quite frankly more. Only the two of you can complete each other. She is waiting for you."

The Lady stopped and let go of my arm. The Mother of God gestured towards the front door and the small porch. There, standing on the porch, holding a small basket of flowers, was Katie. His wife. The source of all his happiness, and his heartache. She saw them, saw him, and her face registered shock. He stopped and stared. Everything from the last 16 years surged back and he froze.

She staggered and the basket fell to the ground. She lurched towards him and after a few steps, stopped and fell prostrate on the ground, sobbing and wailing, pounding the earth with her fists. He looked down and his heart heaved.

She raised her face to him and with tears cascading down her face, sobbed, "I'm so, so, so, sorry Tom. I'm so ashamed. I'm a horrible person. PLEASE, forgive me. I know I don't deserve it, but it's all I have ever wanted. I don't deserve you, nor your forgiveness, but it's all I have left to hold onto. Not as your wife, but as someone who loves you, now and forever, but doesn't deserve you. Please, my love. Help me!"

That's when I healed. My heart mended instantly and I lost sixteen years of hate, despair, and loneliness. The woman I had loved, STILL loved, if truth be told, was dying in front of me. I knelt and raised her broken form to me.

"Honey, you're still my wife. I never divorced you- and I don't hate you, anymore. We stood and I enfolded her in my arms. The love of sixteen years ago enveloped us and surrounded us. The Lady smiled and raised her eyes to the small clouds.

"I believe they will make it."

She turned to the two people embracing in front of her.

"Here in Eternity, we do not condone intimate relations between single people. I know, old-fashioned, but that's the way it is. But we do encourage married people to enjoy themselves, even though childbirth is out of the question. After all, you are deceased. So avail yourselves of Katie's cottage, and get reacquainted. Please!!"

The two smiled, blushing and holding hands, walked up to the door and inside into eternity.

The end (Finally)

Now, lighten up.

While binge-watching the show "Borders", my loving wife and I got involved in a 'discussion'. It doesn't matter the topic- she was wrong and I was right. (She's not here right now.) She was adamant the other way, and the disagreement proceeded. Finally, muttering, I turned from her, and holding my head, I gazed skyward and said, "Why me, Lord? Why me? I've been good??"

A voice broke the stillness.

"I don't know, Bear. There's just something about you that pisses me off!!"

And I thought He liked me. Go figure.

Thanks for reading. And thank you to saddletramp1956 for the privilege.

12