Exiled to a Lesser World Ch. 02

Story Info
EXILED TO A LESSER WORLD
1.4k words
4.43
2.8k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

People were suddenly all around me. They were talking, but I was in a haze of pain and couldn't quite understand what they were saying. They tried to tell me they would take care of me now and control my pain as quickly as possible.

Shortly after a shot, I could watch them working on me in a detached way. They carefully moved me to a nearby twin oxen-drawn wagon.

Once there they cleaned the wounds, putting pressure to stop the oozing bleeding, and closed the gashes with stitches on my side and head.

They straightened and relined my left arm. The pain and terror of them pulling and twisting my arm to reset the bones made me pass out several times.

As they worked something was said about "my BMID (Bio-mechanical implanted device was a way for people to communicate with a base over a limited distance of about 16 miles. The info was transmitted telepathically. These checked your vital signs, acted as a watch and weather alert in your area, and aided in finding you if needed, but they could be turned off. These were implanted at about 6 years old and they were powered by the flow of blood thru the arm they were implanted in.

) had been ripped out during the fight with the Snuffle-Ripper (A powerful animal that stands about 3 1/2 feet at the shoulder and about 6 feet long. Named because of their breathing sounds and what they do to their prey. They can move very quickly and have a ferocious bite as they have 4 apposing teeth similar to the fabled Saber-tooth Tiger, but retract like vampires when they are not attacking. Their saliva sealed wounds for "Juicer" eating later.). That I was lucky his saliva had stopped most of my bleeding, but I would never look the same."

They immobilized my leg after pulling it to realign it also.

I felt them starting to wrap me up like a mummy and I was scared that they thought I was dead, till someone bent close to me and said, "Steve, after we get your wounds covered we'll transport you to your home because it is too far to the village. We can take care of you there just fine because mostly what you're going to need is recovery time. They are bringing your loaded cart along too.

The bumpy jarring ride lasted for what seemed like forever, but couldn't have been over half an hour.

When we arrived and they carried me out of the cart I saw what looked like a house built into a tree (9) or a tree built into a house. People stood at the doorway seemingly arguing with the door. As we neared the door it appeared to dilate open.

They carried me in and transferred me to a large bed behind curtains. As soon as I was laid down and straightened out I was given another shot and I slept.

Felt like I was the rope in a tug of war, as I started to wake up. "Steve, stop squirming, you don't want to undo your stitches. You're in traction for your arm and leg."

Hearing someone walking toward me and them saying "Try to open your eyes, after I put some drops in them." I felt my lids being opened and coolness flooded my eyes. The light seemed to be very bright for a moment, but I kept them open. I could see with both eyes. After a short time, I could start seeing shapes, which cleared into recognizable objects and people.

"Welcome back! Can you try to talk to me?" said the male figure. I tried to say something about "how was I? "But my throat seemed to be full of gravel.

The male figure bent over and said "Here is a little water and I'll dribble it into your mouth, and I have a few questions I must ask you. One word or head movement answers only. I think mostly careful small head movements would be best right now. OK?" I nodded yes.

"Good. Do you remember what happened to you? ", he asked. I shook no.

"OK, and do you remember who I am?" Again I shook no.

He turned and asked for someone to come up to the bed. I heard a movement and saw a female figure come into my sight. I heard the male figure ask, "and do you know who this is?". No, I shook my head again.

The female stepped away and the male figure returned. "OK. I'm Doctor Clint Creeds and you've known me for years. I've been taking care of you since your accident. This young woman is Anita de La Vallière your Pledged One (A contracted marriage made by the families of both people and the local leader, but not binding after a "courting time" of great length. Either person could end it, but it was frowned on without reason. These matches were made around the time the boys were about 10 and the girls about 7. These were non-sexual contracts. They were chosen to be the best match for the betterment of both parties and the communities). Do you remember anything now?" he asked. I shook no twice.

"OK, I will let you rest for now. Sometimes after an accident, as you had, our brains hide things from us for a while. To save us the pain of remembering it and giving us nightmares." he said slowly. "I am going to let you sleep for now. You have healed well in the 3 days since your accident.

When you wake up again things might be clearer. When you wake up either Anita or I will fill in whatever is still missing then if needed."

When I woke the next time I knew some time had passed, as I could feel an advanced beard growing on my swollen face and my limbs weren't in traction now.

I lay there for about half an hour with my eyes closed trying to understand what had happened to me. It all seemed like a badly plotted movie.

When I finally opened my eyes I saw I was partly propped up in the bed and could see a circular-shaped house. The curtains I remembered, from when I was carried in, were tied back so I could see the open plan of the house.

As I turned my head to look around, the skin on my head and face pulled somewhat, which caused me to grunt in mild pain.

"So you're awake." said a voice to the other side of where I was looking. So slowly I turned toward it. Setting at a table with books, papers, and pens, sat the woman I had been introduced to as Anita.

"Yes. I seem to be and it feels like I've been here healing for a while." I said after a couple of false starts trying to speak.

"Yes, you've been malingering there for 4 days this time," said Anita with a not-quite-funny laugh. "And how is your memory today?" she then asked as she got up and walked over to the bed.

"I kind of remember what I was told the other day, but everything else nothing", I said slowly.

Then I asked her, "Can I please have something to drink? I feel dried out." She went and filled a glass out of a niche in the wall and put a reed into it. When she returned she held it out to me on the uninjured side.

I clumsily took it and used the reed to get a drink. She refilled the glass after I drained the first. It was cool with an earthy taste like I had never had before. After I drank the second I said, "Thank you. ".

She looked at me with a curious look on her face and said, "A please and a thank you from you! You must have lost your memory. That is the first time in ages I've ever heard those words from you".

"I know I just woke up for the second time after "The Accident", but I don't remember anything about my life or anyone, but you and the doctor. Did I do something to make you mad at me? I asked.

She got a thoughtful look on her face for a minute and said, "I'll be back in a few minutes", she said as she turned on her heel and walked out the door, which dilated open and closed for her.

EXILED TO A LESSER WORLD 2

Word Count:1437