Exit Interview

Story Info
Would an exit interview help his love life?
1.7k words
4.31
6k
5
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rwg7
Rwg7
217 Followers

Exit Interview

An exit interview is essential to improving company policy and culture. I remember hearing this in college and it got me thinking. If an exit interview helps to improve a company's culture and employee retention, could it possibly help with personal growth and development? What if I had the opportunity to do an exit interview with a former girlfriend?

Ever since I started dating I have had terrible luck finding and keeping girlfriends. I seemed to have short term relationships when what I really wanted to settle down into a long term relationship. They mostly ended badly and none ended at my behest.

My most recent and longest relationship was with a wonderful young woman named Lauren. We were together for a year before she moved me from the status of romantic interest to a place in the friend zone. That said, she was indeed a good friend. It took me a good four months to stop pining for her. Two months after that we had the following conversation.

"Lauren, this may sound crazy but as my former girlfriend would you be willing to have an exit interview?"

"You mean as if I was leaving a job?"

"Yes, I am hoping that it would really help me answer some questions."

"Sure Greg, should we do it over a coffee or is this a conversation better had in private over a bottle of my favourite wine?" She gave me that amazing smile that could make me do anything for her. "My place or yours?"

"We are only friends remember!" Her 100 watt smile dimmed by half.

"Of course, just yanking your chain Lauren. Let's meet at my place at 7 pm we'll have pizza and wine."

She agreed. I bought two bottles of her favourite wine and bought the fixings for the pizza. If she was going to help me she deserved the personal touch so a custom baked pizza it was.

I made the dough, let it rise and kneaded it till it was perfect. I got it on the pizza stone timed to be ready at 7:30 pm giving us time to have a glass of wine and settle in.

Lauren arrived punctually at 7 pm. She was dressed in an off the shoulder top and black yoga pants. She was very fit and she was very comfortable in her own skin. It was a good look on her and I approved heartily. I had wondered how she might dress this evening and she had dressed appropriately, fetching but not slutty. The off the shoulder top revealed her beautiful shoulders and luminous skin tone.

We sat on the couch together and I poured two glasses of wine.

"To life, to love and to understanding." I toasted. We touched glasses and sipped the wonderful wine.

"What is that divine smell?" Lauren asked.

"That is our pizza cooking in the oven."

"You are kidding? Real homemade pizza? Holy crap you must have ulterior motives. Nobody ever cooks for me!"

"No ulterior motives. I just appreciate you helping me tonight. Pizza should be ready in five. Let's finish this glass of wine then we can eat."

The pizza was fabulous if I do say so myself and Lauren agreed. We poured more wine then retired to the living room. We sat in chairs across from each other so eye contact could be maintained.

"Lauren, the best thing that you can do for me is to be brutally honest. Don't be afraid to hurt me or my feelings. In fact if you haven't hurt me by the end of this evening I will be greatly disappointed.

I have had a dismal record when it comes to dating. I have had my heart broken a million ways. I need to know what it is about me that women find so repulsive that they want to ditch me after a short time. Let me start with a direct question; why did you stop thinking about me romantically and put me in the friend zone?"

Lauren was silent and looked down at the floor. It was some time before she raised her head and looked me in the eye and spoke.

"I fell in love with you very early. You are a very lovable man. You are extremely intentional and intense. When you were with me you were really with me. You wanted to be there for me 24/7. Many women say that is what they want but in truth...well...sometimes it is just too much. I thought that it was based on your insecurities, I still do. I thought that if I assured you that I was was happy in our relationship you would become more secure. Unfortunately the more I assured you the more you needed. It took me a year before I just couldn't handle the intensity of your smothering me in devotion. Does that make sense?"

"I thought that most women wanted more attention and devotion from their boyfriends not less. I kept hearing stories about absentee lovers. I thought that my girlfriends were leaving me because I wasn't giving them enough attention so I poured it on. Are you now telling me that it might have been too much attention?"

"Your desire to please me was not intended to make me happy but to make sure I didn't leave you. You were terrified that I would drop you. A woman likes her mate to be confident. He needs to have confidence in himself and confidence that his girlfriend loves him. You showed me that you had no confidence in yourself and that you were certain I was only moments away from breaking your heart. I could see your worth but you were too blind to see it for yourself."

"Remember when I wanted to take that month long retreat?"she asked. You begged me to let you come with me for at least two of those weeks! I needed that time away from you to relax and to clear my brain. I was all set to break up with you! That month that I spent alone was all about trying to save our relationship! While it helped me it devastated you. You were so sure I had another lover but you were wrong."

"I admit that I am a more than a little gun shy after being dumped so frequently. It just fed my paranoia. Lauren, it has been six months since we were together as partners. Are things better for you now?"

"Yes and no. Yes, it it more pleasant to live without the stress of your obsession. However I miss you Greg, the boyfriend who loved me."

"It is so hard to believe that the more I tried to be with you the more I drove you away. How can anyone know how much is too much?" I asked.

"Communication, tell your girlfriend that you have this tendency and that it is ok for her to tell you when she is feeling smothered. If she is worth loving then she will tell you so you can adjust your behaviour to her comfort level."

I dramatically cleared my throat and reached out, placing my hand on her lovely bare shoulder.

"Lauren, I have a tendency to become obsessive in my love for a woman. If you ever feel that you need space please let me know because nothing is worth destroying our relationship."

"Yes, that is exactly how you should explain it to your lady love!"

"So will you tell me Lauren?"

"Oh, you're asking...if I...but surely you have moved on. It has been six months since we broke up." I love it when she blushes, so cute.

"Have you moved on Lauren? Because if you have I will cherish our friendship forever, but if you haven't I would love to reignite our feelings for each other. I still love you Lauren. If all that separated us are my insecurities then please, I can adapt. With your help and open communication I give you my word that I will work on developing a more healthy self image."

Lauren levelled her baby blue eyes on me. Tears fell down her cheeks. She closed those eyes as more tears fell.

"I tried to move on from you Greg. I loved keeping you close as a friend but I missed you. I missed your kisses, the warmth of your embrace, the excitement I felt when we made love. I tried going on a few dates but they weren't you. I never imagined that you might still love me after I left you. Do you really want to change?"

"This may sound like my old smothering self but I can't think of any other way to put this. I still love you Lauren and I'll be willing to do anything.

"Then come over here and show me how much you love me."

Lauren stood and held her arms out to me. I stood and slowly closed the space between us.

"See Lauren, I can be the very soul of restraint or I would be rushing over to smother you in kisses!"

"Tell you what, lose the restraint for an hour or so ok? Come and take me with all the passion and energy you've got!

I took her in my arms and our lips met. The kiss started strong and just kept building. My hands touched the bare skin of her shoulders and I luxuriated at the warm smoothness of her skin. My hands moved down her arms then pulling the shirt down to reveal her small perfect breasts. I had missed those so much. We moved to the couch. She removed her shirt and the yoga pants. She had worn a thong to eliminate any panty line. The tiny piece hit the floor and she sat there fully naked.

"Love me." she said quietly.

I stripped off and we lay together, skin on skin, heat on heat. She climbed on top of me and I felt her hot wetness surrounding my rock hard erection. She slowly moved herself down my body as she impaled herself further onto my cock. She began rocking back and forth taking me deeper inside her with every stroke. Soon she shifted and sat on top of my cock. She pogoed up and down, calling out my name as she came. "Fuck me Greg, I am yours, cum inside me Greg!"

"I thought I had lost you Lauren. I love you."

"Shut up and fuck me Greg. I am yours again."

I did, several times that night and again the next day.

Thank goodness for exit interviews!

Rwg7
Rwg7
217 Followers