All Comments on 'Exit Strategy Missing'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder9 months ago

Thank you for a great short story. I wonder what her parents - especially her dad thought about her actions.

CreeperclawCreeperclaw9 months ago

Not too shabby all things considered.

Unfortunately not every husband in these stories can be a genius hacker, secret millionaire with connections or ex marine ultra fighter. True he landed himself in jail, but everyone close to her knows why she was imprisoned for about a week. The alimony was likely to happen anyway.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

He seemed to deal with the situation as well as could be expected!

5

secretsalsecretsal9 months ago

Nice twist on the usual setup, skirting the line between comical and realistic.

ibuguseribuguser9 months ago

Not too bad. A bit rushed through but was rather funny.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

4 stars for some humor and originality

johntcookseyjohntcooksey9 months ago

Welcome back. A nice snack size bit of fantasy comeuppance. Crossing my fingers that you get through lap five of the ABCs.

012Say012Say9 months ago

Great! 5 all the way. Brilliant to keep a clever idea that pushes suspension of disbelief - short. Handling the date was masterful. Our hero may have lacked an exit strategy, but you and Shakespeare did not. Well done!

RePhilRePhil9 months ago

Welcome back! Excellent as usual 5&FAV

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

The one thing that really stood out was how the company so wisely had no rules against employees fucking each other. It points out how stupid it is to think you can sue a company the wife works for if another employee bangs her senseless. That is one of the biggest urban myths in LW. You avoided it in the story, thereby showing if that could happen, companies would never embrace that stupid rule. Nice job with that.

ZBSKRNZBSKRN9 months ago

Love the lit requirement at the end

Buster2UBuster2U9 months ago

Great Story, Funny story! LOL Wife thinks hubby is out of town and opts for a date with her Boss, But finds her plans derailed when she is shoved into a hall closet and a bookshelf wedged blocking the door! LOL, great way to deal with a cheating wife! LOL 10 stars for the writer! Great Effort! thks,. Buster2U

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ9 months ago

He took action and it worked. Brett lost his wife, Irene lost the respect of her family and everyone else. She may have her job back but forget ever getting a promotion or a raise. He can now go find a better woman. Thanks for something new.

DreddrasDreddras9 months ago

To follow up on Harddaysknight's comment, I doubt you could successfully sue a company for your wife's dalliance with a coworker even if they DID have a non fraternization policy. Those policies exist to prevent situations that could lead to sexual harassment claims. You, as the husband, don't have standing to assert a harassment claim. Vanishingly few jurisdictions have loss of consortium laws. It's just not a thing these days.

miket0422miket04229 months ago

That was some hilarious, original shit. The linen closet. Sending her date away after telling him she's on a date with someone else.

Had me laughing right from the start.

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Clever! I think I'd enjoy having a few beers with your MC, a clever bastard with a great sense of humor. Five days may have been a bit of overkill, but she will forever remember what her betrayal cost her. Good to have you back!

Omart57Omart579 months ago

Great story, M&M! Loved it!

JayZipJayZip9 months ago

Great.

This final bit is hilarious:

"Lit requires a final sit down talk before the wife will sign the divorce documents. I forget what she said."

GriscomGriscom9 months ago

"Lit requires a final sit down talk before the wife will sign the divorce documents." Ain't that the truth?

Liked the story.

Freddog6601Freddog66019 months ago

Five stars for originality in the “LW Cesspool “.

knoxhardknoxhard9 months ago

Fun story. The best part (because it approximates what someone might actually consider doing if faced with a real life version of this LW staple) is telling the Romeo she already left with a different Romeo. I liked it.

SkubabillSkubabill9 months ago

Great story. Nice to see you back.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ending was kind of quick, n'est pas.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle9 months ago

Except there is always evidence and you left, pardon the pun, a shit ton.

If what she did was immoral and deserving of punishment, then what he did was criminal and deserving of an equally egregious punishment.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Preyty good little ditty, but spending any time in jail seems like a waste for a woman like that. She must not have been thinking right as most people would remove the shelves, break thru the wall sheetrock and be free.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
Sluts

Are us or her, a shame he didn't do more to want a be lover.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Story felt rushed but it is great to read an original story

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

excellent return

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

MC was stupid.

Or was he mentally insane?

I think the second sounds right.

People who got betrayed or under so much stress do insane stuff.

Irene should thank her lucky stars she's not dead.

In my country, death because of crime of passion are too common.

Although story was good but the vagueness kinda put me off.

Frank66Frank669 months ago

Now that's what I call creative writing at it's finest. Sure, it could have been a bit longer; what there was, was very good.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

4 stars for the humorous idea.

However, it would not work out in real life. Humans need water and lots of it to survive. You can only exist for 3 days without water and in this case, she would not have made it. So all you needed to do was make the same scenario for 3 days or less and it would work out fine.

This idea could have also worked better, if you called the police the next day and let them know the true situation. Then they would have found her 'in all that mess' and the embarrassment factor would have worked out a lot more effectively. You still would have to deal with the legal ramifications of your actions, but it would have been so much worse for her in that town. You could claim temporary insanity - hahaha.

Have a nice day and please keep writing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"lacking the veracity of her earlier tirades" - "Veracity" - Truthfulness. Did you mean Ferocity?

\

@Dreddras, I'm afraid that "suing the company" is one of those LW tropes that we just have to accept. Obviously, as we see here, that if it WAS a real thing, companies would simply not have those "morals clauses."

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it. No weepy eyes getting blind drunk crap, just taking care of business.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgerald9 months ago

That was original. Nice.

des911des9119 months ago

Not bad; a bit different. Thank you

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

Original idea..difficult to find in the "cesspool". A couple of silly mistakes that don't mean diddly. 5* from me.

Rocky62Rocky629 months ago

Yup, 30 days in the clink would be worth what our hero did!

69gman69gman9 months ago

All five stars turned golden.

30 days in jail = 5 days in closet (seems fair to me).

I appreciate your humor. Thanks

HargaHarga9 months ago

I gave it a 4* for originality.

Wavedave45Wavedave459 months ago

Why on Earth did he serve time? They've been married 10 years and he just made 1 tiny mistake. She should have been able to get past that if not for her fragile female ego. lol Seroiusly though I can't f'ing stand companies that don't care if their employees are screwing. It was like that in my last job. Head manager is always quick to point out that he dated an assistant manager under him and it was fine. Functionally yeah they were able to work together alright, though you should NOT expect everyone to be capable of the same since it tends not to be the case. However when they broke up she had to transfer and he had to look for and train a new manager for her shift. After a year he got sick of being the one to cover the hole she left on top of his own duties. They ended up being able to bribe another experienced manager from another store to switch stores because they had trouble getting qualified applicants that could work that shift or retaining the ones they did find. They were able to bribe them by also bringing over their spouse who was also a manager and this would allow her to keep an eye on him because I guess he cheats with staff members a lot. There's a rumor one of the staff members boyfriends smashed a window when he found out. But yeah it's totally fine to let everyone screw each other. Zero problems at all.

Davidj001Davidj0019 months ago

To dam short. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The final sit down for closure does seem to be a standard trope. All bullshit of course. This is a nifty little piece. Give us more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Say what! In this category the aggrieved husband must always win and the guilty wife must always be sold to a Mexican whorehouse.

I'll give you 5 stars this time but try to stick to the approved script on your next story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@Harddaysknight - Actually, you can sue anybody for pretty much anything in civil court. Unlike criminal court where it's based on horribly convoluted but expressly written laws (and where you press charges in hopes that the government will prosecute them), civil court is pretty much a free for all. Now, the truth is that a lawsuit like that is probably going to get tossed out. Barring that, it's unlikely that the aggrieved spouse would prevail in the trial. However, it's not the court's judgement that the companies fear, nor even the lawyer fees to defend against it. It is the publicity and negative consumer reaction that they are seeking to avoid. Settling out of court to secure an NDA is often cheaper than winning in court and having their reputation trashed in the press.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart9 months ago

Well its original, I will give it that. 3 stars, average at best. Not super enjoyable but not bad either, kinda funny at times.

vicelordvicelord9 months ago

This was a fun read and really deserves much better ratings than it's getting. Thanks for sharing!

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian9 months ago

>>A simple little tale as I dip my quill into the LW cesspool again after some time off.<< Just by itself, that was worth 4.5! Then, the last lines nailed up to, like, sixteen, stars. >>Lit requires a final sit down talk before the wife will sign the divorce documents. I forget what she said. As Hamlet said 'words, words, words'. We're officially divorced which is all that matters.<< The first and last sentences were prescient of what lay between! Laughed my way through it. Thank you for that!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Her company said to 'Fuck off' when approached about Irene and Brett's relationship. They've learned to protect themselves from horny employees by allowing fornication whenever employees get the urge."

After the sexual harassment trial, when they knew they were about to lose, I told their lawyer to "Fuck off", when they wanted to settle. That worked out well - I get $2M as a separate settlement once the divorce is over, and I don't have to share it.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Felt like way too much of the story was untold, like why?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice work.

Btw: A gallon of milk and or juice in the moderate environment of a middle class home would easily keep a mostly inactive person alive for a week barring other problems Not like she's playing tennis in there. In the desert it would not.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Ooh, that smell. Great story, with added credit for how he got rid of her boss.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

OK, as far as Martian Slut Ray stories go. What the hell happened to their marriage? She obviously wanted to cheat in secret, which means she wanted to stay married. He probably should have reconciled, until he could come up with a better exit strategy. That one might have involved a long walk off a short pier.

isaac2145isaac21459 months ago

Yeah maybe they are just words but then again stories are made up of words so whatsbyour pint with that remark?

The confrontation at the end is what makes the Loving woves story worth reading, which this isn't.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That's what I'm talking about!!!

KiwihunterKiwihunter9 months ago

Absolutely excellent. You put paid to the idiotic idea of morality clauses and non fraternisation policies in the workplace. These are totally unenforceable in the countries of the free world. They just do not exist. They only exist in the minds of the angry little men who have been cuckolded and now live in a fantasy world of revenge.

Well done. 5 stars 🌟

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@Anonymous re "@Harddaysknight - Actually, you can sue anybody for pretty much anything in civil court." Sure. You can sue McDonald's for being racist for not giving you enough napkins. (Look it up.) But those cases never survive a motion to dismiss for failure to state a valid legal case. It's not that expensive to do. And lack of standing to bring a case because you have suffered no legal injury is a classic ground to dismiss a case. And alienation of affection is only a valid legal argument in about 7 states. So Harddaysknight was right.

someoneothersomeoneother9 months ago

A little interesting and plenty dumb. One could kick through either the hollow door or the sheetrock, and did not her parent go the house after he called them?

But there was one idiot Anonymous comment that really takes the cake "After the sexual harassment trial... - I get $2M as a separate settlement." Hopefully the Anonymous commentator won't procreate.

IndyOnIndyOn9 months ago

Morality clauses usually don't work in the real world but what does work is the press a company can receive. Depending on the type of business many pay to keep it quiet. Would have liked this story expanded a bit. *4*

BentNotBrokenBentNotBroken9 months ago

Entertaining as always, M&M. Please keep them coming! 😁

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it. Short and sweet. As for the BTB, I think it fell a little short. Good revenge though. Thanks for pointing out that morality clauses are useless, and that the company the wife worked for had an opposite version in place. I thought that part was funny. Thanks for sharing it with us.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

4 stars. 5 stars for not being a cuck like most LW stories who "luuuuuves" the cheating spouse. -1 star because this wasn't revenge at all. All she suffered was minor inconvenience for a week. He got jail time and had to pay maintenance for that. Seems like not anywhere near worth the effort/cost. Would have been better to divorce "amicably", then off her a couple years later with a good alibi, if he REALLY wanted a forceful revenge. Or, tell all her next BFs that she's a cheating slut.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

Ironically, the first part (dealing with the boss) would have been an easy 5 stars if it was in isolation, especially if coupled with videoing it and sending to his wife and to all relatives of the slut.

NicealloverNiceallover9 months ago

It started out well with good intentions but it got worse with just leaving her in the closet. I was expecting a confrontation and explanations for her cheating. It could have ended in divorce or reconciliation depending upon her confessions.

XluckyleeXluckylee9 months ago

Short and sweet 4 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it

A story about a wife who plays around when hubby goes away on business trips, he catches her out, knows his marriage is screwed, don't have time to sort it out because he has to go away.

Puts his wife on hold in closet until he gets back, cancels her date

deals with the fallout when he gets back.

I love the way he covers it up and makes his wife seem crazy, sadly he didn't get away with it, found guilty.

gave me a few chuckles so I give it 5*

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree9 months ago

What?

'Lit. requires a final sit down talk before the wife will sign the divorce documents.' ?

Can it really be so?

That would be enforcement.

Surely Lit. can't sink so low!?

I liked the story.

A bit short yes,

but fresh, different and far from unrealistic.

Top ratings from me.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

Haha. Great short! Tied up nicely and though you could have fleshed it out more I have no desire for you to do so.... Perfect as is.

Also, as a property owner:

"squatter clothes drop-off containers. Those are the ones in parking lots when the owners of the parking lots didn't agree to let them be there. Serves them right."

Yep we've had those removed. They are quite responsive when you give them a police report and a deadline especially when you had one destroyed already when they didn't remove it and you threaten to have the next removed at their expense when they put a metal one in to replace the wooden one. These are lowlifes running those businesses!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

clever real and short no sex just a plan

jott50jott506 months ago

Couldn't have been much of a marriage to begin with because He seemed so ambivalent during and after it ended. Good plot twist though with the closet stunt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A baker's dozed for the team. Original.

She who plays around, comes aground.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a missed opportunity! She fell down the stairs. Very easy to bang her head a few more times, break a rib into her lungs, etc. if she’s not alive to testify, then he’s not going to prison. People fall down the stairs all the time. Pretty difficult to prove otherwise. Heck, if he really wanted to be absolutely certain that the medical examiner won’t find anything, pick her up, take her to the top of the stairs, stand her up, and let her fall down the steps again. Do that until she’s dead. Extra work, but worth it.

ZK

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Welcome to the nightmare. Of course you’ve been here for awhile now

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

In the Real World (3D/24/7/365 not MTV), being seduced by your BOSS is like winning the lottery. The company didn't have the right or ability to ignore that. While she may never advance, she will continue employed until she materially commits terminable company policy violations or violates regulatory/legal statutes/laws. If she keeps her nose clean, minimally does her job, and avoids the aforementioned, she'll be as permanent as a postal worker or government program.

OlefishermanOlefisherman18 days ago

The Feds set the standard of employment. I went to Law School I didn't graduate. Working 10 to 12 hours a day and putting in a full class schedule you end up. Not remembering your name much less case law. Her husband's attorney would have insisted that he drag out the divorce until she got her settlement from her employer. Put her on trial for her own imprisonment. Tried to stack the jury against her. Tried for jury nullification. My body gave out I didn't flunk out. I completed 18 months but didn't take my halfway exams, I was in the hospital. Dr. said school or work,or coffin.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

@Olefisherman You're hilarious. There's several things wrong with your "legal" suggestions. Probably a good thing you didn't finish law school as you seem to have skipped a few lessons.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Faithful women died off with the dinosaurs dont know why any men are simps enough to think otherwise.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...