All Comments on 'Expect Flurries'

by Etaski

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
DungeonsOfDreadDungeonsOfDreadover 11 years ago
Excellent

Excellent story, very well written. I'll have to catch up on more of your stories.

EtaskiEtaskiover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you, DoD!

I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed this one. I have a third story in mind for Indra, but my Drow series is holding most of my attention at the moment (Winter Home is at a good "pause" point, but the Underdark isn't). Nonetheless, this particular devlish fey has a lesson or two yet to learn about her powers. :)

Thanks for giving my stories a try!

nasty_butlernasty_butlerabout 9 years ago
too good not to continue

You know I love Sirana, but clearly it seems Indra could use some attention....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
don't like rape

Victims orgasm or not, rape is still rape. I don't like rape being shrugged off as "bad behaviour", even in fantasy/fiction stories. :-((

EtaskiEtaskialmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anon "don't like rape"

Nor should you, and I understand the feeling well. These are evil characters who do not see what they are doing is wrong. It's a story, and a study of perception. This is a direct parallel to, say, famous athlete Kobe Bryant or many sons of locally powerful families like Matt Barnett of Missouri, shrugging off the rape of a poor, unconnected girl as "Oh, boys will be boys!" or "It was just a bad choice/bad behavior, we shouldn't ruin his life over it!"

We excuse and forgive that behavior all the time. In real life, I have donated to and greatly support the new Bill of Rights for Rape Survivors just passed in the Senate which I hope becomes law, because I unfortunately know many sexual assault survivors personally and have heard their stories. See here: https://www.change.org/p/urge-congress-to-support-rape-survivor-rights

The differing factor here is that rape fantasies of losing control and being "taken" (but not hurt, not really, they just want release!) are a real kink, like incest and cheating. Very damaging in real life but safe to explore in a fictional fantasy where no one really gets hurt. I don't think many who write this kink at all would ever want to cross the line into reality. Rapists like Bryant and Barnett don't have to fantasize about it; they already feel entitled to act on it because the powerful protect them. They aren't on here reading or writing fantasies about it; they don't need to.

EtaskiEtaskialmost 8 years agoAuthor
@German Anon

On your anonymous note sent via Feedback, I disagree with you about the cause. Asking me to "post it elsewhere so I don't run into it" is unreasonable at best.

I'm happy to talk about it some more, but you'll have to have the courage to offer an email address and engage in a conversation off site. ;) It's alright, I don't bite.

greeneyvgreeneyvabout 7 years ago
Direct link to Sirana's Story?

Hiya! I'm just wondering if this is meant to directly relate to the underdark series as you've got Lord Indrath and Indra in there. There's seems to be a few things that I think don't quite match like the half elf/human dancer. Thanks :)

EtaskiEtaskiabout 7 years agoAuthor
@grenneyv

Yes, this story does have a direct link to my main one, though these events are taking place a good seven or eight decades prior.

The half-Elf/half-Human in this story does fit into Winter Home and it's history. It's a strange place I haven't had the chance to explore as much as I'd like to, but only recall Indrath wasn't too pleased that Mourn had somehow found his way in and our half-Elf/half-Dragon doesn't seem to recall much of what he might have seen.

greeneyvgreeneyvabout 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for answering my question :)

I've been reading the red sister series for around 5 years and stumbled across these not realising the link. It was very fun to discover!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More Awesomeness

You are such a good writer!!! It never ceases to amaze me when I read your stories and realize the thrill I expected, from reading the past one's, is exceeded and I'm totally engrossed in yet another. To put it simply, I'm in total awe of your gift and very appreciative that you share it with us. Thank you.

It goes without saying that I hope you continue and I'm soooooo looking forward to more.

Marklynda2Marklynda2about 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoying this story line, like The Lord of the Rings on an aphrodisiac. A well thought out and written story. I look forward to reading the next episode. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEtaski@Etaski
2944 Followers
5/28/2023: "The Desert: Tales of Miurag #2" is my newest book! My ultimate Villains' Origin. It can be read as a standalone, but plays into "Sister Seekers" as well! https://books2read.com/DesertToM "The Desert" was previously published as 2 backstory novellas, "Sisters of ...