All Comments on 'Experience, or 3 Fucks an Hour?'

by sammican1

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
txcoatl1970txcoatl1970about 12 years ago
Lovely story about miscommunication

Something blokes rarely get until much later regardless of culture is how to cherish your lover, not just pump her well and long!

Being a Yank myself, I'm a little puzzled how men in the UK navigate between the lad culture of drinking, sport, shagging etc and relationships with women.

OTOH, it shows how so much of what we do isn't for the complementary gender as our own to "belong" to the group and compete for standing vs. what really works for the other.

I love how you rendered the characters.

Jack means well, but needs to be taken in hand by Sammi or somebody and shown what works. Ignorance isn't a crime. It's where we ALL started. As far as he knew, he was doing everything right. He also couldn't articulate what he wanted for fear of rejection.

Sammi's a hot number and knows it. No shame in that, but she treated Jack shabbily b/c she could (Jack was a fungible, easily replaced playmate) and didn't have the patience to take him in hand to show him what worked better for her. Not everyone's good teacher material, but bloody hell, could she have made some effort to salvage things before dismissing the poor lad?

Bob's also well done. Middle-age married ennui is tough to render sympathetically.

Philomene's pretty much emotionally abandoned the marriage to go play with her golf buddies. She's earned her fun, raising two boys to adulthood and going the distance with Bob through it as a "good wife".

Still, it vexes me how she and everyone in this story refuses to communicate what they really want to their partners and for their partners to take them seriously if/when they do.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous