All Comments on 'Exploring the Bounds of Normal'

by ShelbyDawn57

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

"From nematode worms to Lockian philosophy, I am the very model of a literary dichotomy."

Sorry, read your closing and had a Mordin flashback.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 2 years ago

A beautiful romance

All the gender-bending just made it more fun. 5 stars and a fave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely the best story I've read on this site EVER. Thank you for the wonderful journey you took me on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I should just know to have some tissue nearby when I read your stories! I'm always touched, and am thankful you share a little of your heart with us. Oh to find a love like Christy & Mattie.

MattiemaybeMattiemaybeover 2 years ago

I so enjoyed your wonderful story of love, discovery, and magic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

omg what a story!!

DaymosDaymosover 2 years ago

As always a wonderfun and captivating story. As I read on I hoped that Christy and Mattie would remain girlfriends and maybe than wives. But when the ring went missing I kinda knew something was up :) Keep up the good work.

P.S. Could you write something placed in a fantasy world? Or parallel unwerses maybe. I love that stuff and I love your writing style. The combination could be epic :)

SBC97281SBC97281over 2 years ago

Christy and Mattie appear to be sincere and fun people. The ring is a fun twist. A great romance is the result!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was wonderful, beautiful and amazing. Good bless you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely loved this story. Stayed up late to finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Utterly fucking brilliant. This managed to hit every point that makes an epic tale. I love stories that take you to the highest emotional peaks and then drop you so far down that you feel it all and are actually drained emotionally and physically. I have to admit that the scene in the bathtub where he loses his penis is completely cringe worthy but added to the story in a surprising and amazing way. It is usually just shrunk or sucked inside out for lack of a better description but you really brought that feeling home in a most uncomfortable but fitting scene. Your characters were spectacular and so well thought out. There was what appeared to be an air of mystery with Matties mother as though she was magical or mystical of some sort but that could just be my imagination although she always did seem to be a step or two ahead of everyone else. I have thoroughly enjoyed your other works but this is on an entirely different level to me. Thank you so much for giving me the privilege of enjoying this completely.

Be well and stay safe.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bravo, To this is real and may no one ever tell you what of what your not....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Nice twist

I liked it, but here are some critiques: Too much tell and not enough show. Some strange scene jumps that made me go back and reread things to see if I'd missed something. Overall - it felt like the writer got lost and ended up rushing to finish it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent!

Amazing story loved it this was one of the best stories I have read on here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The relationships in the story were wonderful. Idealistic, but still wonderful. While limited by the scope of the story, all the characters were quite fully realized, and fun. The magic aspect takes it out of the realm of reality, of course, but it added a significant twist to the story. It would be nice if life were as pleasant, at least in the long term, even though that rarely (if ever!) happens. But thank you for the story, and I hope you do more.

SuddenlyMaddieSuddenlyMaddiealmost 2 years ago

Oh. My. GOD! I love this so much! You brought your characters to life and made it so easy to share their passion and joy. Thank you thank you thank you!

Danielle_CD58Danielle_CD58over 1 year ago

Wow. I can't believe this one. Over the top. Simply amazing. I loved it.

Lover3adsLover3adsover 1 year ago

I found it so beautiful, mainly because it is a story that deals with self-love and also love for the other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn, I got lost in this great story. thank you

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

A wonderful lovely romamce and yes souls finding each other and doesn't matter which being they are ...... And magic, oh yes we do have so much of it just around us, each day, may we are so blinded to see

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

DarkGoddessNyxDarkGoddessNyxover 1 year ago

Absolutely wonderful

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year ago

Oh my god I loved this. Isn't love amazing? I especially love the party scene at the beginning, I love the first times. I am always such a sucker for that. The first dress, the first kiss... I am so easy... Ha. Thank you for such a wonderful story

Chr0nicBi0hazardChr0nicBi0hazardabout 1 year ago

This was a great read! You are a wonderful story-teller, and I look forward to seeing your name on my homepage here!

As an aside, have you published any hard-copies of your work? I'd happily spend money for a hard-copy anthology of your work.

ShortyMacShortyMacabout 1 year ago

Totally awesome story. I loved it. Great start and then with the break up it was hard to read for a bit. I thought they were destined to be together for eternity. Then with the sword fight and it was revealed Mattie had the ring and changed into a man. Loved the ending once they were together again. 20 stars is my rating

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SuddenlyMaddieSuddenlyMaddie8 months ago

This was my third read through. Let me tell you, the magic is still just as potent. If you find that ring, send it my way. :)

grimygrimy8 months ago

I'm a little behind the curve in timing here. This is the 4th story of yours I've read. Maybe 5th. Mary Jane's was this first a long while ago. And, I didn't realize it until I read another that I absolutely loved, and went to your stories page and saw it. Your writing and how you present it is the apitamy, the epitome of this genre. With that, having not read the rest of your library, I am feeling this is you opus. Your perfect story for you...and for many others. This story was lovely and perfect. I felt the ups and the down, down, downs. And the magnificent, glorious, ultimate up. Kudos.

Also love Colorado..😉

AZPete1951AZPete19517 months ago

This story is maybe your best story. Great surprise ending. Just Terrific!!

7Locks7Locks6 months ago

This was just fantastic. A novella in form, if not in length. Completely satisfying, and the science bits WERE nice.

bribreebredebribreebrede17 days ago

Thank you. Honestly, that is all I can really say. You write beautifully, your stories satisfy my romantic core, and they just make me feel good. So, thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userShelbyDawn57@ShelbyDawn57
Authors Notes: Lots going on right now. Wanted to give everyone a big heads up. The authors got together and challenged each other to write stories in exactly 750 words. Never one to back down from a fight, I wrote and submitted six. They span several categories; 2 Sci-Fi/Fa...