All Comments on 'Failing Upward Ch. 20'

by el_wing

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Mmm

Not just one ending, but three! A perfect start to my day finding this on the site. Very satisfying and convoluted read all the way around. Please keep dazzling me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Story

wonderful story...a bit differnet from the norm but just as fantastic. hope to see much more from u sooon!

by_any_other_nameby_any_other_nameabout 15 years ago
Thank you SOOOO much!!

I am so glad you didn't give them a shitty sad ending!! The whole experience was brilliant! You know, if u published these, the book would sell like hot cakes!! (who the hell still buys hotcakes? jk) Amazing work. I am glad about the one-shots!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
TWO THUMBS UP!!! HAHAHHA

Great story. and im in love with sid and wes. beautiful love story

UtopiaMadisonUtopiaMadisonover 14 years ago
Loved it...

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Intriguing...

First of all, thank you so so much for your wonderful story. I enjoyed reading it very much and really liked the way everything was resolved! I couldn't read it in one setting but will definitely be doing this now. I hope you'll submit anything else (hmmm...these one-shots about Wes and Sid... *wink*) and can't wait to read from you again- you created such a complex story with so many different layers and yet never lost the path of giving it all a sense. You're very talented!

ParanormalQueenParanormalQueenover 14 years ago
You...

...are absolutely glorious! I just had to wait till the end of the story to comment and let me tell you something, I have never voted a 5 for all stories in one series ever...till now that is! You have an absolute gift and if anyone on this earth deserves to be published, it's certainly you!

Kudos upon unbelievable kudos to you. :):):)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful......

Oh My.......... i read the whole story from start to finish in one evening....

i didn't want it to end. unbelievable.....fabulous......... and now i feel envious.....

living in this ordinary world..... you are a magician..... a wonderful magician......

now i need to read it all again......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Amazing

I have just read this from start to finish and I can so understand your feelings towards your characters at the end. You made me love them too. Stunning writing. I'm going to miss your Sid and Wes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!

I just finished reading the whole series and I LOVED IT!

From all the stories I've read in here, which are a lot, this has to be my favorite and Wes and Sid my favorite couple ever, you really really made me love them, it was just amazing, keep up the great writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wow

This is the first time I've commented on a story--and I've been reading Literotica for about 6-7 years. This story was remarkable. It needs a good copyediting but I really encourage you to consider self-publishing it as an eBook (not sure how your agreement with Literotica works vis a vis republishing). I'm blown away by the depth in this story and really fell in love with Wes and Sid. Great job!!

metajinxmetajinxabout 13 years ago

There where moments when I had to giggle so hard it brought tears to my eyes. And other moments where I nearly stopped reading out of near-physical pain from reading the darker parts. You sure ride your characters hard! I'll never forget this story, that's a given.

wingedchaoswingedchaosalmost 13 years ago
Fantastic

I read your other story first (which still needs finishing! PLEASE!) and then decided to try this one. That was two days ago and although I tried to finish in one reading, I did have to sleep and go to work. Although I did eat at my computer several times! You really do have a way of weaving a story and making characters come to life and also to be loved by us. Yes, you do have a gift and as someone has already said I gave you the best rating of all the stories I have read on here! BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Alternate ending C: The Answer

Fue mi final favorito!! fue el mas romantico me gusto muchisimo JEJE

Summertime_BabiiSummertime_Babiialmost 12 years ago
You are amazing!

I love love love this story! You have some serious talent, and a wicked imagination! Ending A was my favourite.... No wait, C was.... No wait, B was.... Aw hell I liked all of them! Congrats on an awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I like ending A

It makes the story complete, the danger over and the immortality gone forever, and it retains all their memories of the danger they went through together.

It took me three days to read your entire story and I wish I could give you more than 5 stars for it. Failing Upward was probably one of the best stories on Lit I have EVER read. Not just a sex story, but an honest-to-goodness sci-fi romance with great characters and a clever plot. I read your blurb on your other story (which I will get to soon) and hope your health has improved enough to get back to writing. I'd love an update on Wes and Sid. They are an engaging couple.

grdybiwifegrdybiwifealmost 11 years ago
Wild ride...

That I absolutely could not get off. Wow that was amazing and thank you so much for sharing. It was a nice change of pace to have such an engrossing love story that wasn't dripping with sap, infused with a good amount of comedy, and great story telling.

DonRDonRalmost 11 years ago
Amazing!

With all the twists and turns, the story really turns upon love, and ultimately the relationship between Wes and Sid, and the eternal love they share. Beautiful, romantic, and very satisfying. Thank you, DonR

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OK, but kinda confusing at times.

Though an interesting premise, I found this story to be dragging unnecessarily many a times. Not one to leave a story unfinished, I soldiered on -- only to find myself thoroughly confused by how the previous chapter, supposedly revelatory, unfolded.

Wes and Sid are back in their "original" universe, yet Les is talking about events (like Shack's burial) from the second universe... What the heck?! Did I miss something? Not to mention Shack's unexplained abilities & powers toward the end there.

Also, there were times when the grammar mishaps were particularly distracting, throwing the reader out of the story.

Given the option, I probably wouldn't have read this series at all. Like I said, the premise was good enough, execution merely average. I fail to understand how this has such a high rating but hey, each to their own.

Peace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Mixed feelings....

I started reading ur other story which was sooo good and was super excited to start this one. It began really strong and was so involved in the journey ur characters were taking and how Wes and Sid's love was developing as well as the mystery of who and what Wes really was.

Then the story took a turn and IMO a lot of unecessary twists and turns that didn't move the story forward or add much to the story. I'm all for complicated, complex stories but at some point I was fatigued because just when the story was going somewhere wes is suddenly captured or is in another alternate universe and the story deviates again and at some point I was so tempted to skim through the pages to get to the original story but I stuck through it. As a whole a lot of editing was needed because a lot of the chapters could be skipped and the reader would not miss much towards the last few chapters.

Having said that, you are very talented and this story is not one of those that will stick in my mind as my fave nor will I even attempt to read it again unlike ur other story but a good effort. You're very creative and imaginative so will definitely be looking out for future stories. Xx!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
congratulations

simply put we are on the same page. LOVED IT !!!

simonjessex@Hotmail.com

Ireadalot1985Ireadalot1985almost 9 years ago
I miss Wes already

So sad :(

Belle2327Belle2327over 8 years ago
I loved it except..

I hate when there are alternate endings. I know as a writer you may not be sure which you feel should happen(so many possibilities, etc), but as a reader it's hard to have closure for the end of an awesome story when there are multiple different endings. Personally I think you should have stayed with the first one, and written a bit more ... If you really couldn't think of more than a few paragraphs you should have just added them to the end of 19 and left it that way.

Having said all that, it's your story so you can do whatever you want with it as you write for you.

I really enjoyed the journey I went on reading both this and the other story on literorica. I hope to read more of your submissions when you put them up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Second Belle

Great story. However I have to agree with Belle comment. I don't like alternate endings. Chapter 19 didn't feel like an ending. ,

Jenzilla29Jenzilla29over 4 years ago
Ahh still loving it

My third time reading, I still love it so much. I think alternate ending a is the best one. I wish you wrote a little more about Sid and Wes in that ending.

So happy I found it, and I hope you are well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

What an incredible story, thanks so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What an amazing story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Belle and Anon 6 years ago,

I felt like it has to do with the parallel universes once more. I don't think it's fair to immediately go "wow, the writer can't decide and we lost a great epilogue."

Think about it. We experienced three timelines, and it seems that all versions of Wes and Sid came to that conclusion. I can see ending A as the ending for the main Wes and Sid we followed from the start. Ending B or even ending C seems to work for the other two universes. Remember how in one, Wes and Sid became a couple wayyyyyy later down the line with a weird initiative to have sex for the first time on the beach, or the one where they got famous but they hate how they can't be open?

Ending B and C both work for that, since it's a solid reset button that causes Wes and Sid a better push. The hospital visit, for instance, made Wes to be less hysterical due to the car crash and he gets to remember the talk with Sid. Ending C is similar, and even gives hints that Sid might believe the story to be the truth.

I will say this though. It's too bad that we don't get too know if the other former immortals get to remember parts of it as well, but the two endings act as a good closure to me, not just a "ooh, I don't know which ending is the best for the story" moment for the writer.

Anon 8 years ago,

Screw you with the passive-aggressive "feedback." You straight up hating on the story because it's too complicated for your brain to comprehend the time travel shenanigans. To be fair, the author is quite daring to write this theme for their first story, and it works quite well. The sex can be skipped to avoid forgeeting some plot details, but other than that, still solid.

You being a coward is disgusting, by backtracking through your disses and saying "you have a promising writing career" and then slaps it again with "I won't be reading this story if I have the choice." How about you man up because this attitude doesn't help the writer in any way, not to mention that no one will be liking this kind of attitude if you act like this in any social situations.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous