All Comments on 'Faithful? Fateful'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

The link you listed does not work!

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Stopped reading when the Detective showed up and you killed the wife off. Knew there would be no confrontation and that's what I like in these stories

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Worry follow up to the previous story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting change of events.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

A outstanding sequel alternate story. Thanks cookingwithgas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More holes than a Swiss cheese.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Since this story is dependent on the reading of KCF's original, and it is no longer available to read, I'll skip this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm sure I haven't read everything by you, but are you ever able to come up with your OWN stories? Not continuations of others stories?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Molly got off too easy.

Impo_64Impo_64over 1 year ago

Too far-fetched...2*

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Interesting alternate take

jasonnhjasonnhover 1 year ago

Pretty good "mystery" story, although "who done it" was kind of obvious, minus the details of course.

Didn't like the ex wife "worship" at the end. Everything that happened to him was due to Molly's involvement with her boss and lover. If Molly hadn't done what she did, Gail couldn't have framed him. It was more than just her cheating. Wistfully remembering his ex wife seems deeply misplaced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

did he get life insurance from the death of his wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Verrrrrryy Innnnnnteresting!! A totally fresh and unique ending for this story. No mention of fingerprints on the knife or why it would have been kept were but a very minor distraction. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree it is not really LW but see your point in keeping it here. I am surprised that he was not that upset about what his wife did. Thought you would write him as more angry and vengeful. He appeared far more calm than I thought and his reflections back on his wife to me were misguided as he was more upset with Gail than with her. I mean as it relates to the cheating, not being framed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story overall. The waxing poetic about Molly at the end was unneeded and distracted from the story's resolution. The husband's reflection on their marriage was a romanticized version that didn't reflect the actual reality of the marriage. You'd think that at this point the husband would be indifferent about the turn of events considering Molly's blatant in his face betrayal with the expectation he become a willing cuckold. Molly's betrayal and disrespect of her husband made sure there never was going to be a "we" or "us" going forward. In reality there hadn't been a "we" or "us" for some time as she had withdrawn from the marriage with her long running emotional affair with John. Molly thought herself clever with her ability to hide the emotional affair as long as she did from her husband. Molly's own selfish bad choices to turn the emotional affair into a physical one led to her ultimate fate. What she deserved had nothing to do with her death but bad choices and associating with the wrong people certainly did.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Not bad sequel. Nice detailed plot development but a little over the top at time. Solid 4*!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Not bad sequel. Nice detailed plot development but a little over the top at time. Solid 4*!

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Too much " Wah, Wah " by the MC about his cunt of a dead wife. She lied and cheated for four years, numbnuts, not just one night. Also, no "in your face" moments with the cunt's family and his so called friends.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

The link to the original is broken. Here's the correct link: https://www.literotica.com/s/faithful-1

\

Let's see, he supposedly stabbed to death four or five people, but has no wounds from them defending themselves, no sign of bloody clothes, and he's just sitting at home calm;y with the probable murder weapon sitting in his car, when he could have EASILY disposed of it. If he killed five, for SOME reason he expertly hid ONE body, leaving the others to be discovered. Meanwhile, the fifth person who is either a suspect or a witness is conveniently missing.

\

"The second round hasn't been located." - So why did he say, "At least one?" It was at least two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It perhaps could have been better if the slut wife survived but one knife blow left her paralyzed. He could then make her remaining years he'll. Just keep her in a come until after the truth was known.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 1 year ago

That’s a lot of buildup to reach a climax where the wife who betrayed him is barely a character (and may not even have a single line in the final sequence? I’d have to recheck).

Taking her out of the equation so completely that we hear more about his subsequent travels than we do about her or her concluding state of mind really undercut the satisfaction the ending might otherwise have provided.

No matter who else is in the story or what their role might be, if a spouse betrays a spouse then they are the principle source of emotional drama. You can have a mastermind…just don’t mistake them for the most important villain of your story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Mmmm. Far better than I expected. Many thanks. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, the characters were the same, but this story sure had a very different “feel” from the original. It was well written and engaging, but as the author noted, it was more a mystery than a LW story. As with FebSucks, I think that CwG is better served by developing a story from soup to nuts, rather than piggybacking a story on something already written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was very entertaining….CWG is absolutely one of the better contributors active on LW these days.

.

As good as the story was….it still left me with an “empty” feeling regarding Tom. Especially in that his Slut wife Molly never had to answer to Tom. Robbed him of any real closure…if that makes sense?

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good ending. I just have a few points regarding the trial. If Gail was at the cabin, cell phone records would have proven that. Also why didn't she call her husband to warn him after her call with Tom? In addition, why would Tom go home, separate his finances, get a referral for a good divorce attorney, arrange for his PI to continue watching his wife and yet be so deranged to leave the murder weapon in his car? Plus, how did Gail manage to get the knife to Janet? Gail was using it to kill John and Molly at the time.

mainer42mainer42over 1 year ago

very entertaining and well written

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Impressed, it was good enough to be a Hallmark: 'Murder she wrote' movie.

\

CWG it as interesting how you kept the twisted suspense void of a critical element until the end, aka that picture bullet DETAILS was skillfully omitted at trial.

\

CWG you have serious tale telling abilities. Will be fun to watch where you go next.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

Far fetched, but good. Molly and John deserved something, but death meant only minutes of suffering. They deserved more suffering.

All done, I’m wondering about Tom’s parents. Why put them into a scene, then omit them at the end? Old and feeble, why not bring them to the Caribbean for their comfort? Otherwise, Tom’s conversation with dad, and being offered “contact” just makes Tom look ungrateful.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredover 1 year ago

Your link to the original story is broken, but I managed to find it by removing the extra '-' at the end of your link.

MCMaineNudistMCMaineNudistover 1 year ago

Good story. BUT ….why was there never a mention about fingerprints on the knife. Just the blood. There would have either: 1) been bloody fingerprints on the knife or 2) the knife would have been wiped clean, including the blood. In which case they could have use luminol to check for the presence of blood but wouldn’t give blood types.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

1 star - i hate violence and this is NOT an LW story

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Gotta' love a happy ending. 😁 Slut's gone, he's rich, in laws know it wasn't him...awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done. Did not see the way the end came about. Love that the cunt took two rounds.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 1 year ago

Story is interesting but

A big BUT

unusual leniency towards Molly, ruined the husband's heroic performance.

Molly was, is and will, never been a victim

She was a culprit, although she killed by the hidden agenda of her co-conspirator Gail.

So I'm giving a maximum of 4* for this 5*star story.

No one became innocent, because of dying in their conspiracy. They are still culprits, never the victims.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

I have said this before when someone tries to rewrite someone else's story: "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and "leave well enough alone". This author didn't just extend the original he completely rewrote it. And it certainly didn't come out better. We ended up with a convoluted murder mystery which wasn't all that cleverly done. 2*

ManoBlueManoBlueover 1 year ago

in honor of my late wife, unnecessary story

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

4. An interesting direction from the original, not bad but in some ways I don't think fits perfectly. The wife of the lover doing it was definitely expected, I would have enjoyed it more if she was an "innocent" victim too, that somehow it was Janet behind it for whatever reason. Maybe she had made a play at John but was shot down because of his obsession with Molly, the end result was if she couldn't have him no one could. Still not bad at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked it all the way until the last paragraph. Doing things to honor someone with none. A cheater and a vindictive wife who rubbed her future actions in his face and told him to accept it or else.

Hell, live a good a life in spite of a cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Whys it in loving wives????

maedhros21maedhros21over 1 year ago

Kudos on two things...First for finding one of the multitudes of stories that needed a follow-up other than the myriad of February Sucks sequels. Second on the originality of your sequel, well done and well written. The only thing that I wished was that there had been some kind of showdown between Molly and him. I know that wouldn't have worked with the direction of this sequel but it still leaves a feeling of being unfinished because of that. Keep on writing, I've enjoyed your stories!!

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

I think it was really well written, but it felt a little bloated, and while I did enjoy it to some degree, I really didnt get into it.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

The CPS would have had him charged with GBH, unlawful possession of a firearm. He'd have spent several years in probably HM Prison Belmarsh before being extradited. Otherwise an interesting continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was a viscous struggle…….a downright sticky battle

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

A better ending than the original. That said there are problems with this. How did the knife end up in his car? It was at home, locked up..was Gail a master at breaking into cars?

Another problem, so she was having sex with Janet for 4 years, yet she is in a rage he cheated with Molly? I realize the trope about the wife who cheats getting pissed hubby did it, but this is glaring. Did she plan for 4 years to get rid of John like that?

Another issue is in the court scene you have Tom saying it was apparent Gail was guilty, that the DA knew they had blown it. I realize this wasn't a legal drama, but honestly there was little there to say to a jury or anyone else Gail was guilty. And add this up, the DA wouldn't then have investigated Gail, if it was so evident? It is a better ending for sure, just had holes IMO, liked the general plot.

towgtowgover 1 year ago

Rarely, if ever, are alternate endings worth a damn. They tend to lack originality or depth. Just rehashed drivel. And such is the case here.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Good story, l enjoyed it immensely. The best sequel to this story so far.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, but just too fantastic. Thanks for the effort, though.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

It was good apart from the husband feeling any grief or sympathy for his dead wife.

Molly had an emotional affair with her boss for four years, then tried to cruelly turn her husband into an unwilling cuckold on her fuckfest weekend. She was a selfish, manipulative cunt, and I can't believe he'd shed a tear for her after that kind of betrayal.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

CWG I apologize for not recognizing sooner what a superior writer you are! You are fantastic my friend. This great alternate ending is Amazi g, greT detail

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Amazing writing, great details, great logic, whoa amazing overall in every possible way! 10 stars for you my friend. Another Agatha Christie!!! Thank You very much for a delightful read. I love a happy ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A neat twist on the plot. I found myself skipping most of the contemplative meandering about why's and how's and all the other dithering that added lots of words but Nothing to the plot. We all knew Gail did it, Janet was involved, so I just kept skipping until the substance of the trial was illustrated then the substance of catching Gail. Yeah, Gail. That was your weak point. So clever, so careful, so thoughtful, so cautious and intuitive; she had everybody figured out. So why did she go to live in England of all places, with Janet? And why didn't Gail already have an alibi and explanation when Tom would, eventually, track her down in a country like England? Wouldn't Gail be smarter and better prepared than that? It was a great setup, but you played it out in a contrived and unbelievable manner. Where the Hell did Tom get a Glock in England? Ridiculous, but thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No better than the original.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Masterfully done. You took the "evidence" offered by the circumstances in the original tale and turned it into a believable and very readable crime story!!! A Literotica Top-25!!! Easily. 5++++++++++++++/5!!!

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

This version was actually better written than the original. I actually liked the mystery aspect of this one, but I agree that Tom should have had some closure with Molly.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

The first part has been pulled.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

that anyone could go this shit 5 stars is frankly absurd

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 1 year ago

5* quite a different perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perry Mason comes to Literotica. Well played!

OBSunSeekerOBSunSeekerover 1 year ago
The original story by kcfirst is located at: https://classic.literotica.com/s/faithful-1

The original story by kcfirst is located at: https://classic.literotica.com/s/faithful-1

Author put an extra "-" at the end of the URL that they used.

RTguyRTguyover 1 year ago

Nicely done. Looking forward to more of your works

RTguyRTguyover 1 year ago

Nicely done, looking forward to your next piece of work

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Well done! The evil doers all got what was coming to them and our boy got rid of his faithless wife forever. While she didn’t deserve a death sentence for cuckolding Tom, there is no reason he should mourn the heartless bitch.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Nope, the sequel overpowered the original. Other than borrowing the characters and the original setting, this story was NOTHING like what was intended. As a stand alone story, it would have worked, except for that wandering knife- from the kitchen to Gail to Janet to his car..... with 4, maybe 5 people's blood on it, but not his fingerprints??

SPARTAN047SPARTAN047over 1 year ago

Not bad, love BTBs!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good; excellent characterization and plotting.

Rocky62Rocky62over 1 year ago

Decent twist to the tale

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Wow! Outfuckinstsnding. Any sex in it would have undermined the plot.

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 1 year ago

Great story but what about the knife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Larry was not much of a security guard. You always take care of a known threat. His second shot should have been into Janet's head and then turned to face what may or may not be a threat.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

Thank you for properly Finishing The Damn Story, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hopefully the other endings better. Of course hard to be worse.

Knew for 4 years at least emotionally cheating. Finally physically and he goes away and gets drunk for 2 days. What a man?!

Just another wimpy cuckold story

Sees pictures and instead of just being dead to the 4 who caused more pain he is upset. What a zeta male.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok. I guess the end game, was to get rid of the husband, so Gail could continue her muff diving activities unabated. But committing murder, then framing someone, gets really messy. why not just go for a divorce? She had all the evidence she needed. Gail could have certainly afforded to have someone “ take them out”, and make it look like a robbery. I assume pussy on the breath, causes some women to lose their head. But if Gail was as smart as she is made out to be, no way it goes down like this- 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you were getting paid by the word I could understand all the meaningless drivel. Too many plot holes to make sense.

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

As a revenge story, his was fine. The real tension of the original story was what the wife was doing, and she was just put out of the picture off camera. Basically a separate story hear.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lawsuit against the police for not investigating other suspects?!? Lawsuit against the prosecutor for going ahead when it was obvious that the police didn’t do their job?!?

Media campaign to embarrass both?!?

If he’s willing to give this much time, effort, and money to get justice, he’ll want to get justice on everyone!!!

ZK

grogers7grogers7over 1 year ago

I do not think you can smuggle a Glock and ammunition into England.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As per Frank66 a few comments above, I too wondered how Gail used the knife in John's room and then somehow got it into Janet's hands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Grogers7 about smuggling into England

His father was "connected", maybe under diplomatic mail? Anyway it was stated Gail worked in London, again maybe those "friends/associates" had contacts in low places?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done until the MC wallowed at the end. Why "feel sad" for the cheating wife ? Perhaps she didn't "deserve" to be murdered, but she put herself into that position. Besides, as the movie quote brilliantly put it: "**Deserve's** got nothing to do with it."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can't say why, intuition? But the F-F relationship was no surprise. But not too bad...

remb95remb95about 1 year ago

Didn't fit at all in my view.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Too intricate for such a simple tale. But

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

How did the knife end up in the MC's car? The author writes four freaking pages but provides no explanation of the biggest piece of evidence against Tom at his trial. Sadly, the complexity of the plot overwhelmed the available writing skill.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, engrossing tantalizing and all that. Repeating 1 very good question; how did the knife get in his car? I expect it was put in there during MCs sat night pity drunk fest. But be nice to know at the end, was mcs veh unlocked? Stii good story, glad he was wealthy enuf to live and pay PI long enuf to get the goods on the elitist democrap entitled killer cunt. rk

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story with a good ending. I agree about the knife being in his car and how it got there, but what got me was , why didn't the detectives think about that. Tom was intelligent, which should have begged the question: Why would an intelligent man, who supposedly commit a bunch of murders and leave the weapon in his car? Clearly, he would have gotten rid of it. Overall, well written.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Shit

Hoping the wimpy cuckold would go down.

Cheating for 4 years mentally and emotionally and he couldn't hire good enough people to prove it.

Then gets drunk and cries instead of already have plans And executing them.

Then instead of taking some of the money for his jail time etc and then thanking her for getting rid of slut the storyline gets totally implausible

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Something really poetic about anonymous. Some of the comments below are so inaccurate one wonders if Anonymous 6 days ago can actually read. Good thriller for this site and really held my interest.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Slowed down when didn't ask for attorney right away. Quit reading when home drunk. When it gets rough the tough gets going. Planning and execution then when All accomplished have relaxing drink

Norseman123Norseman1239 months ago

His late wife what a pile of shit she got what she deserved.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

In honor of his wife?

I suppose she had some good sex just before she died.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Wow! That turned the story on its head. Great alternative to the other sequels. Poor Molly just never wins.

malchor2517malchor25178 months ago

Wow! Awesome story and presentation!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To me it sounds like Gail and Janet did Tom a big favor...not by setting him up to take the fall but by exacting brutal vengeance for the humiliation piled on top of him.

He should have just taken the bribe money from Gail and they all could have lived happily ever after

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another pansy ass MC who drinks instead of planning And acting

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...