Fake It to Make it Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I turned on my heel and stormed to the door without responding to him, and when I swung it open and stomped out, it slammed into the door stopper with a loud thump. The whole office heard it, evidenced by the eyes that looked up at me as I passed desks, and the faces that peeked out of doors in the halls. I didn't give a single fuck.

The instant I got to the ground floor and headed outside, I had my phone in my hand texting Nev.

Beck 2:13 PM: This plan of yours isn't working. It's a fucking joke. She's never going to speak to me again.

Nev was usually delayed in responding me, at least by a few minutes, but she knew how I felt. She'd gotten better at trying to be here for me. It turned out that she'd become my semi-replacement for Drew, being the person I vented to when I was frustrated.

Nev 2:14 PM: Okay, bud. Try to stay calm. I know it's moving slowly but it will work. Why don't you come to my place for dinner and we'll make a plan for a next step.

I stomped up the sidewalk toward the subway entrance and thought about it. Nev and Cici were closer than Drew and I had ever been. Most female relationships were like that. I knew my sister too; she'd never get so pissed at Nev for dating me that she'd cut off the relationship. Still, if Cici was this angry with me, Nev would have a difficult time really trying to change her mind. It wasn't that I didn't want to keep trying; I just had no confidence in this plan.

Beck 2:16 PM: It's not going to work.

I jogged down the stairs into the subway and swiped my pass at the turnstile, heading up the concourse to where the next train would arrive in a few minutes. Nev was sweet for offering, but I wasn't buying it anymore. And it felt awkward going behind Cici's back like this. Not to mention my work was suffering. I didn't want to cut ties with Cici entirely, but it was causing me so much frustration I couldn't focus at work.

Nev 2:16 PM: Dinner at 6. My place.

I sighed when I read the message. If hanging around Nev to get updates about Cici was the only way I could stay connected and know what was going on in my sister's life, then I had to keep up with this stupid plan of fake dating her.

Beck 2:17 PM: Fine.

I didn't like it one bit though. I'd just have to fake it to make it.

12