Faking Forever Ch. 02

Story Info
Faking forever with my brother's best friend.
1.4k words
4.46
4.4k
3
2

Part 2 of the 17 part series

Updated 03/13/2024
Created 08/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Gardens was quiet possibly the worst location for this charity event, but there was nothing to be said or done. Drew picked me up in his limo, probably to show off, and most of the night was about as boring as watching a documentary on the hatching of moth larvae. I kept the drinks coming and a smile plastered to my face.

"You seem to be in a good mood tonight." Drew's hand rode in the center of my back everywhere I went, making me simultaneously cringe and swoon.

Everyone grows up, but thirty-something Drew had something college Drew didn't have--spice. A lot of it. If I hadn't known his personality, I'd have been all over him all night. He was the epitome of class and charm. Dark hair and crystal blue eyes, he commanded attention. I didn't know if it was the suit or the fact that his face was on thirty billboards around NYC along with commercials on every major broadcast network. "Dating" the city's wealthiest investment banker was huge for my career.

"Don't mistake the smile for a good mood. I know how to work a crowd as well as anyone else." I set my empty champagne flute on a passing waiter's tray and nodded at Tifany Andrews--who made it known on more than one occasion how she thought I was too young to do the job I was lucky enough to have scored. Three years my senior, she felt it should be hers, and I had just enough brass to put her in her place as tactfully as I could.

"Well, at least you're a good actress. You're going to need that." His thumb rubbed up and down my backbone sending shivers of arousal into my groin. He had no clue what he was doing to me and I was glad. He'd only get a big head and make me feel childish for the things my body felt that my mind hated.

I spotted my boss and gestured to Drew. "I want you to meet my boss. It will have some positive impact on my standing with him." I didn't even feel bad tapping into Drew's public image at all. His PR guys made sure he was center stage with a giant spotlight on his life. Everyone knew who he was. I'd known before even moving back from Ohio. His reach to other states amazed me. Not in a "I'm watching him because I think he's hot" sort of way. More of a "Look what Drew's up to now" sort of way.

Part of me was jealous and I'd admit that. He scored a few huge clients right out of college and took Beck along for the ride. If not for Beck I'd never have had the drive to do what I was doing now. I'd have settled for a mid-level marketing career. No, seeing both of them succeed motivated me to dream big. But it wasn't until Kyle shat on my heart that I got the drive to be better than any competition. And I had.

"Ah, so it really is quid pro quo?" Drew sounded surprised, as if he were shocked that I meant what I had said at my welcome home party last week.

"Yeah. Did you think I was going to let you use me and not take advantage of some of the perks? You're literally the poster child for Mr. Right. You're the man every woman wants to take home to Mommy and Daddy." We weaved through the crowd. If I could impress Mr. York, I'd be a shoo-in for any future promotion. I just had to get my name into the back of his mind, then make waves. I had no problem with the "making waves" part. I knew what I was capable of--which is why I graduated Magna Cum Laude as the salutatorian with highest honors and scored that two-year internship at Cox in Columbus.

"I see." His curt answer didn't surprise me. He wanted to be in the spotlight. It was the way he'd always been. But he had his name out there, and I was still building my reputation.

"Play nice," I mumbled as we got closer.

"Or what?"

"Or I'm going to lay you out in front of all these people the way I did at that track meet when you fed me sour cream and called it frozen yogurt and I threw up all over the track after my hundred-meter dash." I had won the entire event only to be humiliated at the finish line as they awarded the medal to me because Beck and Drew just had to play a prank on me. I kicked his genitals so hard it brought him to his knees. He didn't learn his lesson though. The next week he slipped vodka into my water bottle and got me kicked off the team.

He chuckled and breathed in like he was going to say something like a smartass, but Mr. York turned to smile at me. "Cecilia Adler, sir,' I said extending my hand.

"Oh right, Ms. Adler. I heard you were new in town. Your reputation precedes you." He gave a strong, hearty shake and looked up at Drew. "And Mr. Pratt, what an honor it is to meet you. I've heard amazing things about your firm."

I inwardly scowled as Drew beamed. York was supposed to acknowledge me, not Drew. I should have known he'd steal the spotlight right from the start. He was too big of a shining star to go unnoticed. I had to ride his coattail and ensure my name was forever implanted into York's mind.

"Sir, Drew is my boyfriend." I let the word roll off my tongue and wrap all of its glory around me. York glanced at me with raised eyebrows and turned back to Drew.

"How did she pin down such an eligible bachelor?" He wrapped his arm around the woman to his left--his wife maybe?--and focused the entirety of his attention on Drew.

"We've known each other for more than a decade. Cici was only a freshman in high school when we met. I was friends with her brother, and so it goes." Drew reached his hand out and shook York's. "It's a pleasure meeting you. You know I hear amazing things about Cox's media reach. I would love to sit and chat about some marketing ideas I have for my firm."

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. He just had to make this a business event, rubbing elbows. It was supposed to be about me. I clenched my jaw while I stood there listening to Drew steal the show. Ride the tailwind, Cici. I had to remind myself over and over. I didn't want to hate, Drew. I just did. Except for the way his smile never looked fake. It reached his eyes and formed tiny creases where joy collected and forced me to notice. His stubbled face made my fingers ache to scratch it, or sink my teeth into it.

I'd felt the strength of his hand in my lower back, the way he protectively guided me across the room and turned me when people approached from a different angle. And when he had helped me out of my sweater at the coat check and his arms had momentarily wrapped around my body, I--

"Cici," Drew said, cupping my cheek. I startled, eyes wide as he touched me. It sent a wave of arousal straight across my body making me thankful my bra was padded because God knows my nipples hardened instantly.

"Yes? Sorry."

"All the most creative minds daydream, dear." Mr. York grinned at me. "I was telling Drew here that my wife and I would love to have the two of you to our yacht for dinner in a few weeks. I can set the date later on. We can talk business and have a few drinks too."

I managed to maintain the forced smile as I looked up at a very smug Drew. "Of course, that sounds great." Great for Drew to make more connections. Not so great for the puddle forming in my panties. I hated him. Why did he have to one-up me while posturing like a fool and turn me on at the same time?

"Great, I'll see you then." York raised his glass and guided his lovely partner away without even introducing us and I internally seethed.

"Problem?" Drew asked casually, sipping his champagne.

"This was supposed to be a one-time thing to give my reputation a boost.

"Oh, like the tissues you stuffed in your bra at senior prom?"

God, I hated him. I couldn't wait to get out of this damn event and home where I could wash him out of my hair and watch a good horror movie to undo the sexual frustration roiling around my groin.