Faking Forever Ch. 03

Story Info
Faking forever with my brother's best friend.
1.4k words
4.43
3.6k
6
1

Part 3 of the 17 part series

Updated 03/13/2024
Created 08/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, but what I'm saying is that with a partnership between the two of us, we can cater to any person who needs our services." I had just laid out the entire plan in detail. Now came the time to sell him on the idea. Winston Harper was very successful in his own right, but with my prestige in the city and really in the government of the city, there were only fireworks in our future if he just signed on the dotted line.

"You realize how similar our jobs are, Mr. Pratt. What service could you possibly offer my clients that I don't already serve them with, or that would suit their needs better than those I already provide? And vice versa?" He took a long drag off his cigar, letting smoke rings rise toward the white plaster overhead. I didn't typically allow clients to smoke in my office, but this wasn't just any client.

Winston Harper, successful hedge fund manager, would be the client to end all clients. He'd bring a wealth of knowledge to take my work one step further with every client I already served, but he would bring an entire rolodex of names into my firm to bolster what I was already doing. The man could smoke like a chimney for all I cared, as long as he signed the agreement.

"Well, that's the beauty of it, Winston. I focus on short term gains, capital, underwriting and selling securities. You keep your focus on the long game. Take what I build for our clients and help them retire early, live off the fat for decades. It's an obvious win-win."

He tapped his cigar on the side of the glass ashtray, then let the burning cigar sit. He was a frank man, honest and blunt. If he didn't think it would work, he'd work an angle to force it, but only if he saw the potential for gains. A lot like me.

Instead of continuing our business discussion, however, Winston changed gears again. It was not unexpected. He'd brought up the subject in every meeting we'd had so far.

"You know, Diamond really is interested in meeting you. She's seen your face on television and even on the billboards. You seem to be one of New York's most eligible bachelors." Diamond was a horrible name for a child, and I'd seen her. Just another sobby Paris Hilton wanna be.

"Ah, well that's where you're wrong." My plan would work; I just had to sell it. "My partner has only just returned to the city after having taken an internship with Cox Media out of Columbus, Ohio. I'd love for you to meet her."

Winston squirmed, shocked by the new information. My hope was that just the mere mention of having a girlfriend might deter any further probing and that would be that. Despite knowing that nearly one hundred percent of business is based on relationships, I still believed he would shrug it off and return to business.

"You've not mentioned your girlfriend until just now." He sounded suspicious, which is exactly why I knew mere rhetoric wouldn't work. I had to back it up. "This is our third meeting?"

"I apologize, Winston. I don't typically mix business with pleasure, and Cici is certainly a pleasure in my life." My thoughts instantly flash to her plump round ass and the way that dress hugged her curves like a Bugatti on the backroads. Definitely a pleasure, just one with a large warning label. No wonder she wore red.

"Ah, well I will be delighted to host you for dinner at the Jean-Georges next week. I will make sure Fabian takes good care of us." Winston picked up his cigar and took a drag, puffing a cloud of smoke this time. "I think our sixty-day agreement remains intact. I'm not yet convinced of how profitable this would be for me. It seems you will be the one to benefit the most. I'm not opposed to offering a hand up; it just usually comes with certain conditions. You know... you scratch my back..."

I rose as he did, offering my hand for a shake. "I understand entirely, Mr. Harper. I think we will come to a satisfying agreement before the end of our sixty days. You've only begun to taste how things will work. Trust me. You won't be sorry."

"Diamond will be disappointed that you're otherwise engaged. Perhaps that will change too, with a little time." He winked at me and it unnerved me, but I kept my poker face and saw him out.

The minute he was on the elevator with his security detail, I sat back down at my desk and dialed Cici's number. After a lot of runaround, I had convinced her that it was necessary for me to have her private line. If we were really dating, I wouldn't have to call her secretary every time I wanted to speak to her. It was bad for the image we were trying to paint and just plain annoying.

"Cici Adler, what can I do for you?"

"Why do you answer with your name? This is your private cell phone number." I scoffed and felt myself being annoyed by something so trivial.

"God, Drew, why do you always have to be so irritating. Life doesn't revolve around you, you know?" I heard muffled talking on the other end of the line and realized she was otherwise entertained. I glanced at my watch. It was near the lunch hour, which meant she could be with coworkers, or by herself talking to wait staff. For that matter, she might not even be at work, which for some reason annoyed me even more.

"Listen, I just called so you can make good on your end of the deal."

"Hold on, Nev. I have to handle this." Cici sounded upset. "Alright. When and where?" I listened intently trying to discern where she was. It sounded like a street corner, in traffic. Maybe a street food cart, or sidewalk bistro.

"I'll obviously pick you up. It will be next week sometime, I don't have the date yet. Winston's person assistant will set up the reservation and let me know. We'll be dining at Jean-Georges, so I don't have to tell you to act your age not your IQ."

"What is that supposed to mean? You realize I'm not a child anymore."

I loved getting her going, but this time it wasn't about pushing her buttons--which were so easy to find it was ridiculous. This time I had a reputation to uphold and I wanted this deal to go down in a bad way. Cici had been out of the New York socialite circles for years now. She only had a taste of it before she went off to college, back when Beck was just starting with me. Now things had changed.

"The Jean-Georges is one of the most prestigious restaurants in the city. People like Oprah eat there. You have to dress a certain way, act a certain way." I wasn't taking any chances she'd screw this up, even if I had to spell out every detail. The night had to be perfect.

"You want to pick my out fit too?" Her sarcasm was noted but not appreciated.

"Just wear that red number you had on at your party, but wear your hair up. I'll bring the jewelry."

"I wasn't being serious. I can pick my own outfits."

"Look, Cici, I don't appreciate your attitude. I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for both of us to get through. You can't talk with your mouth full of food, or chew with your mouth open. Don't speak unless you're asked a question, and most of all, don't embarrass me."

"Ugh! Why did I even agree to this?" She sighed heavily. "Just send me the details when you have them. And literally, when this is over, lose my number."

"I--" She hung up on me. I couldn't believe it. I slammed my phone down and had to check to make sure I didn't crack the screen in the process. Cici was hot; I'd give her that. But if she ever expected to land a man worth having, she had to work on her manners.

I leaned back in my chair and noticed the sizeable bulge in my pants. How on earth she was able to do this to me when all we did was argue was beyond me. Either my body was disconnected from my brain, or I got aroused by being pissed off. Or maybe it was the thought of her in that red dress again. I felt a twinge in my groin at the thought. Yes, definitely the red dress.