Falling for Grace Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck, Henry, go faster. I need you to go harder. Don't worry, I love it hard when I want to cum" Grace groaned as her back arched and her clit pressed into the base of my cock. I fucked her harder and when I felt her body spasming, her pussy was quickly gripping my cock and letting go.

We were both covered in sweat, and the sheen made Grace look even more than beautiful. I was moving as fast as I could and her fingernails scratched my arms as she cried out as she came hard. I hit my own orgasm a moment later, as my balls contracted and I spewed a lot of cum into the small reservoir tip of the condom. We kissed hard again as our orgasms both peaked. I never felt so great in my life up to then.

We rested together, holding each other, sharing soft and sweet kisses. I rolled off to the side and pulled Grace over so we were still face to face. She was still squeezing my softening cock, maybe involuntarily. I just know it felt great, Everything felt great in the afterglow.

We touched each others arms and chests gently as we talked more about the discussion I had with my father that morning. She listened closely as I vented over how I felt at having realized how badly I had treated my own father for years. I was so wrong because I had been wrong in my assumptions about him, and besides, he was my dad and we had been best friends until things went sour.

Grace was quiet, looking down at our joined hands. "Grace, thanks for letting me get this out of my system. I needed it. I still need to make it up to him. What do you think?"

"Are you really asking me, Henry? I mean really?"

"Sure. I care about your opinion."

She gave a small smile, looking up at me. "I think you owe him every consideration. You just don't get how lucky you are. I mean, yes, you're rich and privileged, but that's not what I'm talking about. You can't imagine what I would give to have one more day with my dad. I barely remember him; he died when I was four. It hasn't just been hard on us financially, but me and my brothers missed him. I know he was a quiet and gentle man, and he treated my mother like gold. A girl just misses her daddy sometimes." Tears were filling her lovely eyes, and I hurt for her. She was right; I didn't think about how lucky I was. So much of what I had, not just material things but emotional support and love, was from my father. I took so much for granted. It seemed feeling like an ass was a major theme that Sunday.

"You're right, Grace. But even having your father with you can be hard if you think he's not been a good person. I'm so pissed off at my sister for telling me he was having an affair, and now I find out she was wrong. I thought he was something of a bigot, and that was wrong. It's a lot to carry. You know what else? We're going to tell my mom about you tomorrow night. He said I shouldn't have to do that alone because he thinks she's going to be very upset. I'm sorry about that, Grace. I really am. But she's going to have to deal with it. I like you, and I care about you too much to walk away from you, even for my mom."

"You really do care about me that much? You barely know me, Henry. I don't want you to hurt your relationship with her over me." Grace let go of my hand and wrapped her arms around her middle. Her face was a mix of angry and sad.

"Grace," I implored "I'm not walking away from you. Not unless that's what you want. I love my mom, very much, but her ideas on things like race and class are just wrong. I'm 18 now, not a kid. I want to be a civil rights lawyer. I have to stand up when I think something or someone is wrong. That includes my mother. I was wrong about my dad, and it cost both of us. I don't think I'm wrong about my mother. I won't walk out of my home or anything, but she's got to understand that I can make my own decisions about who I want to be involved with, and I have to stand up to her about some things. That starts with you. Honey, I want to see you as often as we can get together. Even if we just hang out or go for a burger or some barbeque, talk, maybe we can have sex sometimes. I want to see you, just you. You're the smartest, sexiest girl I've ever met. Now, I've said my piece. Can you tell me how you feel?"

Grace turned to me. Her body language relaxed again and she had a hint of a smile which made me feel nice and warm inside. "I like hearing you call me honey. I like it a lot. Even more, I like hearing you tell me you're going to fight for me. I can't imagine there's a woman out there anywhere who doesn't like to hear that. I want to keep seeing you too. Only you. As often as we can manage. I'll also enjoy just getting a burger or whatever. But one thing I would suggest. Invest in condoms." Her smile broadened and so did mine. "A lot of condoms. We're going to use them. And next time I get on top" she said as she leaned over and kissed me while holding my face in her hands.

"I like the sound of that. I like everything about you, honey."

"No fair. You already have a pet name for me. I have to come up with one for you. I'll work on it. Henry, do you want me there with you when you tell your mother about me?"

"No, my dad will stand by me. I don't want her to feel overwhelmed. I'm going to wait for your mom to leave first. In case my mother says something... well, something that would hurt your mother. I promise I'll call you when we're done talking. It might be late, after 10. I don't know."

"Don't call that late. If I don't hear from you by 10:30, can I call you?"

"Sure. I have my own phone and number." I felt my cheeks blushing.

"Really? Your own phone? I'm really moving up in the world and I'm not even in college yet."

We laughed a little, then we noticed the time, I had to get going, both to have dinner with my parents (Sunday nights we went out to dinner) and to give Grace time to get cleaned up before her mother got home. She threw on a robe and walked me to her front door. Before we opened it, we shared one last great kiss as we held onto each other. "It's probably going to be a few days at least until we see each other again. If I stop coming home right after school every day, your mom will be suspicious."

"She knows I'm sexually active but I don't want to be obvious about it. She's not happy about it; she thinks if I go to church every Sunday, I'll find God again. I don't have the heart to tell her I don't believe in God. It just doesn't jibe with what I know about science."

"We're not big on church in my house. Christmas, Easter, weddings. That's about it. So we're compatible on that."

Grace kissed me again and said "We're compatible on a number of things. One thing in particular" she giggled.

I looked at her with a chuckle of my own. "I've got to go or I'm never going to leave. I'll talk to you tomorrow, honey."

"Mmmm you could call me that all day long. Call me later? Gus goes to work at 3, you know mom goes to sleep at 9:30, so don't call after that. Bye, baby." One last peck.

"You called me baby. I think I like that." I went out the door and to my car like I was walking the Long Mile. I got home just before 6 and my parents were waiting impatiently. "We were about to go without you" my mother said with an annoyed look. My father was more understanding, since he knew where I was.

We had dinner at our favorite seafood restaurant and just talked about superficial things, like most of our conversations when we were out together. Or so it started.

During dinner, mom asked me "So, Henry, where were you all afternoon? You're never late for Sunday dinner."

"I was just out with a friend" I replied, not wanting to go into details. Dad shot me a look to warn me off telling her where I was.

"That's pretty cryptic of you. Which friend? Boy or girl?"

"I was hanging out with a girl, mom."

"So which girl? Do your father and I know her?"

Shit. I didn't want to lie to her, but I didn't want to start a fight over dinner either. "You don't know her. We just started seeing each other."

"Do we know her family, or do we know of them at least?" She looked at me and could tell I was uncomfortable. I'm a lousy liar in general, which was at least part of why I didn't like lying. I usually got caught. "Henry, what are you hiding? She's from a good family, isn't she?"

I knew exactly what mom meant by a 'good' family. Prominent, respected, preferably an 'old' family in Charleston society, "She's from a very good family, but not like you mean, mom. Can we talk about this when we get home? I don't want to discuss this here."

"Leave him be, Rae" my father interjected, thankfully. "We can talk about this later or better yet, tomorrow night. This isn't the place or time."

"So you know who this young lady is, Thomas? Why do you know and I don't? What's the big secret?" mom asked in her deep drawl. "I have a right to know whom my son is dating. It's a mother's responsibility to make sure her son is consorting with the right kind of girl. What goes on in my household is my business. I do run the house, after all."

I was getting frustrated that she wouldn't let it go, just at least for dinner. My dad put a stop to my interrogation.

"Rae, I said let it go" with more force of voice than he usually used with my mother. "We will discuss this at home, where this issue belongs."

Mom wasn't happy at all, but she quit asking me. It also ended all conversation of any kind during dinner. The rest of the meal was eaten in complete, uncomfortable silence.

The silence lasted during the ride home, but as soon as we were in the door, my mother said "Don't even go upstairs, Henry. You too, Thomas. Both of you, in the salon, right now." Mom could have commanded troops with her voice if she chose. She had that way about her, especially when it came to family and household issues. We sat in the salon, which was my mothers turf. Dad had the den, the living room was for family entertaining, but the salon was my mothers room, where she felt she had the advantage. The furniture was antique and expensive, and not all that comfortable. That's why mom felt in charge there. It was the room my sister and I had always been called to for disciplinary reasons. Even my father hated that room.

"Ok, dinner is over. Now I want to know who this girl is, Henry, and I want to know why your father knows about her but I don't. Start talking.

Some things about my mother. She was a stunner, a real Southern Belle. Medium length brunette hair done in a fashionable style, blue eyes, slender with a nice figure and always elegant. She was wearing a cream jacket and skirt suit that cost a tidy sum, like her entire wardrobe. Mom always dressed for her 'station' in life. It could be very intimidating, like it was then.

I looked to dad, and he nodded his head, letting me know he had my back. "Mom, her name is Grace. She's beautiful, maybe the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She's brilliant; she's going to Columbia, on a scholarship, in the fall. And you know her mother very well."

Mom looked confused at first, but then it dawned on her and her mouth dropped wide open. "Grace Robinson? Edina's Grace? Are you serious, Henry?"

"Yes, mother, Grace Robinson. She's amazing, far and away more interesting than anyone I ever dated. You should meet her. I think you'd actually like her."

"Henry. I know you think I'm a bigot. And maybe I am to some degree. I can't help the way I was brought up. When I was your age, the races just did not mix. Not socially, and not courting certainly. I can't say I'm happy about this. It's going to be hard for me. A lot of my friends are going to ostracize me, and it's going to cost your father in his business. Some of his clients are going to ditch him." I looked at dad and I could see from the look on his face it was true. "But mostly it's going to be hard for you, very hard, and no mother wants that for their child."

"Mom, dad and I talked about this this morning. And I thought about it before then. I know Grace and I are going to have to deal with a lot of ugliness."

"You don't know, Henry. You're going to lose a lot of your friends. Their parents are going to force them to abandon you. The two of you are going to have to face a lot of grief on your own."

"Maybe you don't realize how much things have changed, mom."

"And maybe you don't realize how much things are the same here. Henry, have you and Grace talked about this? I mean really talked?"

"We have. We're not kidding ourselves here. Maybe it will be worse than we think. But maybe it won't. Either way, we're prepared to deal with it together."

"My son has really grown up. You sound like a real man. Doesn't he, Thomas?"

"He does. I couldn't be prouder of him, Rae."

Mom sighed, deep from inside her. "You thought I would go off like a crazy woman, didn't you? You thought I was some sort of evil racist, didn't you? I know, I've said some pretty terrible things over the years. Things I learned from my own parents, back when Jim Crow was the law here. I know my father and grandfather were both Klansmen. I remember seeing them in their robes when I was very young. It terrified me to see them like that." Mom was crying softly, and dad moved to sit next to her on the couch. He put his arm around her as she continued. "As I said, I've said some terrible things over the years, about black people mostly. I wanted to keep my friends and my place in the community. Like I said, Henry, if you go out with Grace, it's going to cost your father and I." She reached for my hand and I gave it to her. "But you're my son, and I love you more than anything, except your sister. Even more than your father, and I really, really love him." Dad was leaking tears now and I was crying softly. "If you and Grace want to keep seeing each other, then I won't try to stop you. If she's anything like Edina, she must be a fine young woman. You could do a lot worse."

I fell to my knees and buried my face in her lap and just cried to her. I cried for her as well. I'd been so wrong about both my parents. I had thought the worst things about them for a long time. Maybe at one time it was right to think that way about them. Maybe if I had spoken to them before, I would have saved myself a lot of grief. My mom stroked her fingers through my hair. "Bring her to meet me tomorrow, if she's free, Henry. I'd like to meet the girl who has so taken my son's heart he was finally willing to confront me and make me see the light. And I have a lot to talk about with Edina while you're both out of the house. I owe her one heck of an apology."

"Before you talk to her, Rae, you need to know a few things" my father told her.

"What? That you helped when her son Alton was sick? That you've been helping subsidize him at school? You think I didn't know any of that. I know more than you think, sweetheart" she said to dad. "The lady of the house runs the household. That's how it's always been. And I know about you too. I know your ancestor owned a home on the Underground Railroad. That caused some fight with my parents when you asked me to marry you. My father had you checked out when we were dating seriously. You weren't from a real Southern family."

I don't know who was more flabbergasted, me or my dad. Mom knew quite a lot. It had been one hell of a day, and I was emotionally exhausted. I got up and kissed mom on the cheek as I hugged her. "Mom, I don't know what to say. I'm sorry. About a lot of things."

"You don't owe me an apology. I love you, no matter what. Why don't you go upstairs, sweetie. Your father and I have a lot to talk about. Remember, see if you can bring Grace around tomorrow. Good night, Henry."

I said good night to both my parents and went up to my room. I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling for a while. In 24 hours, my world had taken a number of radical spins. But they all ended up being for the better. I was just thinking when I remembered I was supposed to call Grace. It was 9:20, before Edina went to bed. I quickly called and Grace answered.

"Hey, honey. Sorry to make you wait."

"Are you all right? I expected you to call a while ago. I've been worried about you."

That touched me. "Sorry I worried you, honey. It's been a very, very long and strange day. Well, except for the afternoon. That was amazing."

I could hear her smiling on the other end. "It was, wasn't it. Do you want to tell me what happened tonight? As if this morning wasn't enough for you."

"In a minute. First, my mom would like to meet you. Can I pick you up tomorrow after school? I can be there by 3. If you're not busy."

"3 is fine. She really wants to meet me? I thought you weren't going to tell her until tomorrow night."

"Yeah, well, let me start by telling you what happened at dinner..."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edina was there as usual in the morning. I ate breakfast, feeling better about life in general than I think I ever had before. I had a beautiful, brilliant girlfriend and my relationship with my parents was better than ever, or at least it was heading in that direction. The only 'negative' was I was still awake last night when I heard sounds coming from my parents room down the hall, sounds no son wants to really hear. Kind of grossed me out, but I was happy for them. I just put a pillow over my head and gave them some time, then went to sleep.

Edina spoke to me while I ate. "My daughter was in a very good mood this morning. You have something to do with that, Henry?"

"I assume so. She's pretty amazing if you ask me."

"Yeah, well you remember what you promised me about respecting her. Don't ever forget it."

"I won't, Edina. You can count on me." I didn't tell her anything about my dad or my mom. I figured I'd let mom work things out with her.

School passed slowly. I couldn't wait for the final bell at 2:30. Finally. I was out as fast as I could get out of there to my car and off to pick up Grace.

I got there about 10 minutes early, so I sat against the hood of my car, just waiting for Grace to get out. Other kids were walking around, mostly black. Her school was 70% black with most of the rest whites who were bussed in. I was getting stares from some of the kids, black ones mostly, who could tell by my car (76 Gran Torino) and my clothes I was from the other side of the tracks. I tried to be polite to these guys, nodding hello. No one said anything,,, at all. No hello's, no hostile remarks. Nothing. I shrugged to myself and soon Grace came out and saw me. She said goodbye to some friends and ran to me. She gave me a quick kiss and said "Hi baby. How was your day?"

"Much better now. How about you?"

"The days are dragging. Graduation in 5 weeks. Seems like forever."

"Same here. I can't wait." I held open the door for her and got some more looks from boys and girls alike. A couple of the girls called out to Grace, kind of challenging her, but nothing too harsh. We just shrugged it off and I headed toward my home. But first, halfway there, I pulled over and Grace and I kissed much more passionately, arms around each other, making out like the horny teens we were.

"I wish we could be alone for an hour. Or two" I whispered in Grace's ear.

"Me too" she moaned. "But your mother is expecting us. And my mother as well. We need to go." First we both got out of the car and made sure our clothes were straight and our hair was in place. Then we went to my family's house.

When we pulled up, Grace was wide eyed. "This is some house! How many room have you got?"

"5 bedroom, 3 1/2 baths, kitchen, living room, dad's home office, dining room, and my mom's salon. Finished basement. I can't imagine what you must think of this."

"I think it's incredible! I want a house like this some day! I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford it on a journalists salary. Maybe I'll write a book or three."