Falling for the First Time Ch. 09

Story Info
Deciding what they want.
4.4k words
4.63
5.4k
5

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/29/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MissSummer
MissSummer
111 Followers

First of all, my greatest apologies to those who have been waiting for the longest time. It's been years, and this draft has been sitting with me unfinished. I finally found the time to sit, write, edit, write, edit, and be happy with it. I hope you will like this just as much as you did the past chapters.

Since chapter 8 was published, I've peeked into my account many times and I see you adding this story to your favorites, and I see your comments, and it means a lot. Truly, you have no idea. I hope to finish this story soon so we can all look back and think about Jaz and Emmett with a smile.

To the readers that have been following along for years, thanks for sticking around. To all the new and recent readers who did not have to endure such a long wait, but are just as excited, I welcome you. I appreciate all of you.

Always open to feedback. Please enjoy...

*****

Chapter 9: What happpens now?

"Look, I'll be fine," Emmett spoke firmly.

She crossed her arms and leaned against the doorframe of the bathroom, watching him in front of the mirror.

After not hearing from him for a couple of days, she began to worry. Jaz was not the type of girl to check in on him every single minute, especially with how busy they've both been with work, but something nagged at her. Finally, she decided to stop by his apartment and the mystery had been solved.

That day she visited, Emmett answered the door after several minutes of her knocking. Bleary eyed, he squinted at the bright sun shining through the open door. His hair was a mess, and as he was about to say something, he was interrupted by a series of heavy coughs. Once he was able to calm down, he whispered in a cracked voice, telling her to go home. She rolled her eyes at him, closed the door behind her and got to work.

Deciding to make him as comfortable as possible, she did what her mom always did for her when she was sick. She forced him to go take a warm shower and put on some clean clothes. Then, she got out fresh sheets for his bed, and started warming up some water to make honey and lemon tea.

Today, he decided it was time for him to get back to work even after she argued against it.

"I'm already feeling better," he said as he washed the remaining shaving cream from his face. "You can't stop me from going to work."

Jaz raised her eyebrows at him. His voice came out scratchy, but at least he didn't have to whisper anymore. "You're feeling better because I've been taking care of you."

He came out of his closet, pulling a blazer over his shoulders while he spoke, "And you are amazing for doing that, but I still need to go to work." He closed the distance between them, and reached up to brush her hair from her face. "You shouldn't have stayed here these past few nights."

"Did you just expect me to leave?" she asked, challenging him.

"C'mon, you can't tell me you wanted to stay," he answered back.

"You would have stayed if it was me who was sick." She pulled away from his hand and tied her hair in a ponytail. "Don't worry about me. Just take care of yourself at work. If you start to feel like you're not as good as you thought, then call me and I'll pick you up."

He looked back at her in silence. They had been going back and forth these past few days about this predicament. He was very adamant about trying to convince her that he was capable of taking care of himself, but she insisted she wanted to take care of him. Jaz hated that he kept trying to push her away when all she wanted to do was be here for him. It didn't matter to her that she was spending time taking care of him. If he was leaving soon, then she was going to take whatever time she got.

With a final glare, she turned to let herself out and head to work. "Call me if anything. Please. If not for you, then do it for me." She grabbed her purse, and opened the front door. When she turned to give him one last hard stare, she came face to face with his chest, not realizing he was walking behind her.

His arm reached behind her to close the door.

"Emmett, I need to go to work," Jaz spoke around clenched teeth.

He dipped his head down, and placed his lips against hers. It wasn't a kiss, but more of a touch. A gentle touch that made her shoulders less tense, and forced her to release a shaky breath.

"Thank you for taking care of me," he kissed her, "You didn't have to do this, you know," he kissed her again and again, "I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself, and clean up after - "

"Emmett," she scoffed at his comment and poked against his chest, "I'm a grown woman. I'm here, and I wanted to do this."

He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. With a kiss to her temple, he whispered, "Thank you, Jasmine."

She leaned back to look him in the eye. "You've taken care of me in the past. Just let me be here to take care of you."

She squeezed his hand before she let go. I want you to need me as much as I need you. With her lips shut, she gave him one more kiss before leaving for work.

***

The sun had just set when Jaz finally made her way back to Emmett's place. When he told her he was at home, tired but feeling well, she was relieved. She went to her apartment to pack some clothes for the weekend to stay with Emmett before heading out once again. As she peeked inside his room, she heard a light snore coming from beneath the blankets.

She got undressed, and pulled one of his t-shirts from his dresser. She walked back out into the kitchen to make something to eat. Looking around, she noticed some soup left on the stove and smiled when she saw a note.

"Chinese food in the fridge. That's my soup...stay away." - Your favorite person "

Grabbing the to-go food, Jaz warmed some up and ate in front of the TV. After, she sat down on the couch that had become her bed since Emmett did not want her lying next to a sick man. She rolled her eyes at that conversation. At the very least, she convinced him to keep the bed. Pulling the blanket up, she rolled her shoulders back and let out a deep breath.

Even with the movie playing in front of her, she paid no attention to what was happening on the screen. Her mind raced with thoughts that she could not stop. It had almost been a year since she ran into Emmett at the bookstore. Since then Jaz felt as if she had opened up the chapter in her life that she had been dreaming about. He wasn't a prince in shining armor...he was better.

Emmett may have looks that made her have naughty thoughts, but it was his personality that made her open her heart to him. He was a gentleman of valuable intellect, with a successful career path to back it up which intimidated her at first. Then, his lame jokes started coming out, and he did the goofiest things just to see her smile. Whenever they argued, his patience always calmed her down even with the few times she had to relentlessly admit he was right. Very few times.

Though he had not said it out loud, there was a part of her that knew he loved her back. There were a few moments she caught herself with the words about to leave her mouth, but she held back. Afraid to put her pride aside and admit her feelings for him. Afraid to feel vulnerable.

Now, with him leaving, she was terrified of how she was going to feel. Jaz had never fallen in love before, not even close to it. She didn't know how much more stress her emotions could take. Soon enough, her fatigue caught up with her mind and body, and her eyelids fell with exhaustion.

***

Emmett woke up and stretched out across his bed, reaching for Jaz. He opened his eyes to a dark room. Clearing his throat, he remembered she wasn't next to him when he fell asleep. His sinuses were clearing up and his fever was gone. After spending some time cleaning himself, and his room, he felt rejuvenated.

When he got out of the bathroom, he saw the light from the TV glowing in the living room. He walked over to discover Jaz fast asleep on the couch. She was wearing one of his large t-shirts and it had rode up her thick thighs revealing black lace panties. A part of him began to stir.

He turned off the TV, and bent down to brush her hair away from her face. Her rhythmic deep breathing came to a halt as he hooked one arm beneath her knees, and the other under her shoulders.

"Stop," she grumbled weakly.

He kissed her forehead and whispered, "You're not sleeping on the couch."

"You don't want me in bed," she mumbled against his neck.

He smiled as her lips touched his skin. "You've healed me, therefore you belong in my bed."

Gently, he placed her on his bed before climbing in behind her. She rolled over to face him and spoke with her eyes closed. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better. Thank you, doctor," he whispered as he toyed with her hair.

Jaz mumbled in reply, "You're welcome."

"How was your day?"

She spoke in hushed tones, tripping over her words and slurring as she told him tidbits of her job. A small laugh escaped him. He watched her breathing even out as it fell into a deep rhythm once again. After sleeping for hours, Emmett thought he would have a hard time falling back asleep, but his eyes grew heavier as he gazed at Jaz.

Her hair was tangled, and there were red lines across her face from falling asleep on the couch. She slept with her mouth open and let out a soft sigh with every breath she released. Before he gave in to sleep, he pressed his lips to her forehead and quietly spoke as he closed his eyes.

"I love you."

***

Swatting at the annoying itch, Jaz mumbled an incoherent word and forced herself to ignore the sunlight shining into the room. It's the weekend. Don't wake up.

The feeling came back on her knee this time, and she waved her hand around. Something grabbed at it, and then she felt a pair of soft lips against the palm of her hand.

Opening her eyes, Jaz looked towards the feet of the bed and spotted a pair of playful gray eyes looking back at her from between her legs.

Flashing her a grin, Emmett continued to lay kisses up her thigh while he slipped off her panties.

"What are you doing?" she asked as her body tingled.

"Taking care of you," he spoke with a kiss to her mound.

A sigh escaped her mouth as he licked at her opening. "I'm not sick."

"But you're soaked." He sucked at her lips. "You were moaning in your sleep, and I see your panties are all wet." His finger tip trailed up and down between her wet slit.

Jaz moaned, arching her hips as his fingers circled her clit. She reached down to pull his face towards her pussy, but he backed his head away. "What were you dreaming about, Jasmine?"

She gave him a sly smile, and ran her fingers through his messy hair. "Your mouth on me." With a little more force this time, Jaz pulled his face closer once more, and Emmett obliged.

His mouth latched onto her clit, sucking on it and running his tongue around in circles. Fingers pushed slowly inside, and rubbed against her g-spot. Just when she felt herself nearing the edge, he pulled back and gave her a mischievous smile.

"Have you been playing with yourself while I've been sick?" he asked, looking up at her, his lips shining with moisture. "I'd hate to think you've been denying yourself this whole time."

Raising her knees to expose herself more to him, Jaz gave him a naughty smile. "To be honest, I haven't really had time."

She bit her lip as his tongue darted out against her clit. He tsked at her, "You are a woman who should be pleasured often."

She giggled, and then moaned as he sucked at her nub. Struggling, she finally got out the words, "Are you making that a goal of yours?"

Soft moans filled the morning as Jaz reached for her climax. Emmett lapped at her wetness, and slowly kissed his way up her body, his hand reaching for his nightstand drawer. Her nerve endings felt heightened as she found pleasure in the cool air breezing against her wet opening.

Leaning on his elbows, he licked his lips, and then dipped down to kiss her. "I plan on it."

Grabbing onto his shoulders, she pulled him down to deepen the kiss. Her body hummed with ecstasy.

Emmett pulled back and leaned his forehead against hers. "Thank you," he whispered, "for taking care of me."

Jaz smiled, "Thank you..." She reached up to give him a peck, and whispered back, "for eating me out."

They laughed, and Emmett slid inside. She released a groan as his weight pressed against her, and he slowly rocked his hips. Jaz rolled him over so she laid on top of him. She lowered her body slowly and planted both her hands on either side of his head. Emmett looked at her hanging breasts and his hands grabbed onto her hips.

Starting at a slow pace, Jaz began to ride his cock up and down, bouncing her hips. Pride filled her as she heard him sigh with pleasure, and she began to go faster. Emmett gripped hard onto her hips, whispering to hold on. He raised his neck and cupped her breast to his mouth, sucking and licking at her nipple.

She leaned her forehead against the top of his head and picked up her speed once again. While she clenched her muscles around his cock, Emmett's groans grew louder. He combed one hand in her hair, gently tugging as he felt his climax approach. His other hand held onto her hips while he thrust upwards into her, meeting each of her movements.

Feeling another orgasm hit her, Jaz gripped the pillow on either side of his head and released a moan. She felt Emmett's cock twitch inside of her as he released a groan of pleasure. Her body collapsed on top of him and smiled as she felt his chest rise and fall, his heart beating quickly.

"I guess you're all better," she smirked.

"Finally," he spoke as his fingers grazed her back, "I've missed you."

She held him tightly, "I missed you, too."

***

A few days later, Emmett got off the phone with Sam talking about the move. The man was persistent about this open position. Out of respect, Emmett wanted to show Sam that he was at least considering the job. The only reason why he hesitated was because of Jasmine.

He planned to go through with the training in London, but his future was cloudy after that. He never felt so unsure before.

Doubts about Jaz's feelings towards him creeped at the edge of his mind, but the way she looked at him gave him some reassurance. She wanted him, just as much as he wanted her. Needed her.

Glancing at the clock, he began to gather his belongings to head out. He needed to get started on dinner before she came by his place tonight. His thoughts raced in his head about his future with Jaz. They leave for London in a month, and lately, it felt like the topic of what happens after London seems to be the elephant in the room. Trying to prepare himself for this talk like it was any other big presentation, he knew it was a conversation they needed.

***

Jaz walked into his place smelling delicious food in the air. She took off her heels and quietly walked through to the kitchen. Emmett was bent over, pulling pizza out of the oven.

"You made pizza?" she asked confused.

He stood up, pizza in hand displaying their favorite toppings. "Yeah, I figured why not. Customized to our liking."

"You sure know how to seduce a woman," she grinned and grabbed cups to fill them with water. When she turned to the table, she gasped. "Oh, and our favorite wine. You definitely thought this through."

Emmett gave her a smile as he put the pizza down and gave her a kiss before sitting across from her. After devouring almost the entire thing she kept glancing up at him. "I see you, you know." Emmett mumbled around the last bite of his slice.

"I know. And you haven't said anything all dinner...makes me suspicious." she squinted at him.

He laughed and dusted his hands. "You should've chosen criminology as your major."

She glared, and then laughed with him. Reaching across the table for his hand, she looked at him with love.

He returned her look and her heart yearned. Every time she wanted to say the words, reality would remind her that he could be out of her life soon and there was no point. To snap out of it, she quickly stood up and started putting dishes in the sink. Following after her, Emmett grabbed the plates from her hand and put them down gently. He turned her shoulders towards him and looked at her. She could feel his heavy gaze, and feel what he wanted to say.

Jaz forced out an uncomfortable laugh as her sight became blurry, filling with tears. Oh god, really? Get a hold of yourself, girl.

"Hey." he whispered, and put his hands on either side of her face. He kissed her forehead and the tip of her nose.

"Emmett, don't." she choked. Don't say it. Don't tell me now.

"Jasmine."

Her achilles. The way he said her name, the weight behind it. She looked into his eyes and knew what he was going to say before it escaped his lips.

"I love you," his voice full of emotion.

She stared at him, a tear rolling down her cheek. "Emmett -"

He kissed her lips. "You don't have to. I've been wanting to tell you for a while." His thumb wiping the tear away. "Please don't cry."

She wrapped her arms around his torso and brought her face to his chest. "I love you," she whispered.

His arms tightened, and she felt his kisses on top of her head. "Why are you crying?"

After catching her breath, she pulled out of his arms. A mixture of emotions running through her. "Emmett. You're leaving."

He sighed.

"I love you, and you're leaving." She felt she was upset. The frustration she's been experiencing these past few days surged through her. "This," she gestured between both of them. "I love you. I love us, but what are we doing?"

"I don't want to go." Defeat was in his eyes. Her shoulders slumped, and her heart skipped a beat.

"What?" she whispered, confused.

He leaned against the counter and looked at her. "I'm only going for training. After that...I don't know."

She felt he was waiting for her to say something, but she was conflicted. She didn't want to stand in the way of his career. "What do you want?"

They stared at each other for a second in silence, and for the first time Jaz saw her brave and strong man look so vulnerable.

"I've invested so much of my time into my career that all I saw was this one path I wanted to take. I knew exactly what I wanted and I knew exactly where I was going," he spoke softly, "and then you hit me in the face. Literally."

She smiled weakly and stepped closer to him. "So now, what?"

He returned her smile with a crook in his lips. "Now, I don't know. I know I love my job, and I know I love you."

He grasped onto her trembling fingers and held on tightly. "I want us. I want to grow in my career and still go after that job, but I don't want it without you." He forced out a sigh and smiled at her, caressing her cheek. "What do you want?"

"I want us, too. I want you in my future." She sighed, "but I don't want to get in the way of your career. I know this is important to you and I could never ask you to do -"

"Jasmine, this, right here, is important to me." He cradled her face in his hand. "You're not standing in the way of anything, you're not asking me to do anything. I'm asking you, do you want me? I know where you stand in my life. I want to know where I stand in yours."

She nodded her head, finding it difficult to voice anything. Her voice cracked, "You, Emmett, have grown to become my best friend," she kissed him, "my lover," another kiss, "and my partner."

He gave her a deep kiss and lifted her onto the counter. A giggle escaped her and she met his lips once again. His eyes looked into hers as he spoke softly,"Would you be willing to do long distance if it came to it?"

MissSummer
MissSummer
111 Followers
12