Falling Home Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So..." Natalie began.

"I feel like this is a first date."

"I know what you mean," she said.

"I haven't been on a date in ages. What do you talk about on first dates?"

"Well, you can tell me about you, or your family, or your school, or your hair, your eyes, your skin, your mouth. It doesn't really matter what you say. I just want to hear your voice so I can remember it while you're gone."

"That's sweet. But what about you? Where're you from?"

"Originally, I'm from Steventon."

My face lit up. I smiled at her. "Yeah, that's right," she said, "Jane Austen's hometown. But really, there's not much else there."

"Is your family still there? Is your family related to Jane?"

"Jane? Are the two of you on a first name basis?"

"Yeah, we're close."

She leaned her head back and laughed. Her throat was exposed and I was starring again.God, you're beautiful.

"What?"

"Shit, did I say that out loud?"Stupid!My face was burning.

Natalie put her hand on my knee. "You are too, you know."

"Nothing like you, but thank you." An elderly man walked by and bumped her chair. The moment dissipated.

"So, you're not related to Jane Austen."

"No."

"And is your family still in Steventon?"

"Yeah."

She wasn't opening up, but I wasn't content to drop it or put the focus on myself. I tried again. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

Her eyes clouded over. "I have an older brother and sister. Both are married with kids and living right down the lane from mom."

"Dad?"

Natalie hesitated and looked away. She shook her head and seemed to come to a decision. She looked at me and said, "Dad died a few years back. Let's just say that mom and dad could never accept their youngest daughter's lifestyle. So, back to your family. Have any siblings? Older? Younger?"

I could see a painful story written on her face. I didn't push the matter. All I could do was give her an opportunity to talk if she wanted one. When people are ready to talk, they just need to know that someone is willing to listen.

"I have an older sister. She's twenty five, lives in Tennessee and is married with two kids that are regular hellions. My mom and dad are still together and as traditional and narrow minded as ever, but I figured out a long time ago that what they don't know won't hurt them."

"Ah. Understood. You and your family get along?"

"Sometimes. We have our ups and downs, but they're family. I have to love them no matter what, cause they've always loved me."

Natalie looked away again. She was thinking about her family; I could tell. I tried switching topics. "What's your favorite thing to do on a weeknight after a long day of graphic designing?"

"I like to sit at home and relax, turn on the fireplace, get a glass of wine and watch a movie or read a book. Why?"

"I'm just planning a night together for when I get back." I smiled at her and patted her knee. The board behind her showed my gate number. I had to get moving if I was going to make it through security and still have time to find a toilet before boarding.

"I've got to go," I said.

"I know. But that doesn't mean I want you to."

We stood up. No matter how many times I go to Gatwick, I always look for rubbish bins that aren't there. I sat my cup down on a near-by table and Natalie and I walked to the security checkpoint.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye," she said.

"No, it's see you later."

"Right." Natalie stepped forward and pulled me into a hug. I held on to her for a long time, inhaling her scent and trying to remember her feel. Finally we broke the hug and she stepped back. "I'll let you know exactly when I'll be back," I said.

"Ok."

"Bye."

I turned and got in the long line for security. Natalie walked toward the exit. I couldn't do this. I couldn't let her walk away. I couldn't always be the coward that gets chased.

"God, help me," I prayed and ducked under the security partition and rushed to catch up to Natalie. I reached her in the area between the inner and outer doors of the airport. I grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. Before I could lose my nerve I gently put my hands on her face and pressed my lips against hers. I held that position for a moment. Then I slowly pulled back and kept my eyes closed.

"Hey," Natalie spoke in a whisper. "Look at me."

I did.

"I couldn't let you walk away without knowing what you did to me," I confessed. I released my hold on her face and my hands trembled. I was overcome with emotion. I'd never kissed anyone so suddenly before. I'd never kissed a girl at all.

Shit, shit, shit! I looked everywhere but at Natalie. I knew that she would know how inexperienced I was and wouldn't want me, but my God, I wanted her.

"You've never done that before." It wasn't a question.

I looked at her in mock horror. "What gives you that idea?"

"It's okay. But you didn't have to. I could have waited as long as it took."

"But I couldn't."

Natalie smiled. The dimples appeared in her cheeks and her lips shined with my lip gloss. She leaned forward and kissed me softly, then leaned her forehead against mine. "You better go, and come back to me."

I touched my lips and smiled. "You bet your sweet ass I'll be back." I grinned, cheekily, showing all my teeth and not caring that I was making a fool of myself in the airport doorway. I turned and walked confidently back to the security checkpoint, ready for Christmas to be over.

12