Family Business

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I talked to Brittany about my challenges with my brother, she listened, but I wasn't sure she got it.

"Tim," she said, "I'm sure things will get better with Taylor. He's still new at the job. He'll learn." She added.

"But Brittany," I said, "not sure you get it. He can be a real self absorbed asshole."

"Timothy." She replied. "He's your brother! I think he's a nice guy. Give him a chance." She said to me.

I just don't think she got it.

On the surface it was the way Taylor felt he had the right to boss me around, giving me the more difficult parts of the business to fix. And my mom, who actually was in charge, supported this. But it really went much deeper. My mom had always favored Taylor. He was the 'good son'. And now I was relegated to second class status within the business too. Other than perhaps Roman, I knew I did the best work on our jobs, yet my lazy brother gets the preferential treatment.

I tried to break out of my negative spiral and focus more positive attention on Brittany, and it seemed to work, a little. I couldn't help the feeling that she was drifting away from me.

I was leaving a project near Redmond, on my way to get some concrete for a footing when I saw Brittany's shiny jet black Outback drive past me heading the other way. I honked, but it looked like she was on the phone. I wondered what she was doing in Redmond. And then I got to thinking about it.

Donovan's building was near where I had seen her. Hmm.

That night at dinner I asked what she had done that day. She had said nothing special, normal stuff. When I asked if she'd gone anywhere, she told me she ran a few errands, that's it.

"Brittany I saw you, after lunch, driving down Ponderosa in Redmond." I told her. "I honked."

She sat for a minute not saying a thing, little wheels turning in her brain.

"Oh, yeah," she finally said, "I was at the Fitness Plus in Redmond." She told me.

"Why'd you go to that one? Our regular one is so much closer," I queried.

She paused and said, "the Redmond one is newer and has nicer equipment."

I sat and thought. The Fitness Plus in Redmond is right near Donovan's office, should I say anything? Her excuse was plausible, but why didn't she tell me that when I asked about her day? I decided to let it go. I doubted that anything bad had happened, but I'd have to be alert particularly with anything regarding Donovan.

I decided my strategy was to be positive and pay much more attention to her. The following day at work my mind began to wander and I recalled how happy we had been on our honeymoon in Hawaii. That was it, I thought! A second honeymoon in Hawaii!

I was going to set it all up, and then surprise her. That night I got on the computer and found a condo near Mauna Lani on the Big Island. It was expensive, but it was nice. I began working on flights. I decided that before I went any further I was going to talk to my mom to clear my work schedule for that vacation time.

The next day I called her. I explained that Brittany and I were going to take a vacation but it was a surprise for her, so not to say anything. I gave her the dates we were going to be gone and asked that she schedule around my vacation. She said she would.

Later that afternoon I received a call from my mom.

"Tim," she said with an uncharacteristic pleasantness in her voice, "I've plugged your PTO (personal time off) into the schedule for your dates."

"Okay thanks." I replied.

"Tim, if you'd like I can check on lodging and flights for you and Brittany?" She said.

I thought for a moment. I had planned on doing this myself, but my mom was super organized and good at this type of thing. I told her, sure, if she wouldn't mind I would appreciate it. I told her about the place in Mauna Lani I was looking at. She said she'd check into it and to give her a couple of days.

Well that was a relief, I thought. It was very nice for my mom to help me out like that. A little out of character, but still very nice.

That night Brittany and I had dinner at a small pub downtown. I had been trying hard to be more positive and it seemed like our relationship was trending better.

"I have a surprise for you," I told Brittany.

Brittany loved stuff like that. A wrapped present, an impromptu dinner out, any type of small surprise.

"Tell me about the surprise!" Eyes bright, she asked me.

I then told her about the trip to Hawaii, almost like a second honeymoon. I told her I had cleared the time off and my mom was helping arrange the details.

"When, when!?" She excitedly asked me, clapping her hands.

I told her we were scheduled to leave in about five weeks, this would give her enough time to get her schedule organized.

"I've got to go on a diet, starting now." She told me.

Brittany was always going on some type of diet, this time it sounded a little more serious.

We were both in a good mood as we walked home that night.

My good mood wouldn't last long.

The next day I got a call from my mom, she sounded excited.

"I have found the perfect place for the trip." She told me. "There's a beautiful view, great beach access, and a private pool." She added. "You and Brittany's room will walk out onto the pool area."

"What?" I asked, "you said, my and Brittany's room, what's that supposed to mean?"

"This is a bit of a surprise for everyone, but it's going to be a family vacation." She told me. "The house has three bedrooms and your dad and I will take the small one, Taylor and Mia will take the back bedroom, and then you and Brittany get the nice bedroom. After all, it was your idea." She said.

Mia was Taylor's latest girlfriend, I'd met her once.

"Mom," I said. "I don't want a family vacation, this was for Brittany and I." I told her.

"Don't worry," she chuckled, "you two will have your privacy. It will be just like being alone. Once you see the layout you'll be ecstatic. I showed Brittany before I called you, she's very excited." She added.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. I wanted a vacation away from my mom and brother and now they are going with me. My mood immediately went black.

When I got home that night after work Brittany was still in a good mood. All she could talk about was the trip. She told me about her new diet and workout schedule. She said she needed a new bikini and that she wanted to start tanning to get ready for the tropical sun.

I explained to her that I just wanted to go on a trip with her and I. Not with my mom, dad, brother and his latest bimbo.

"I know, she is kind of an airhead," Brittany commented, referring to Taylor's date.

"Don't worry we'll have lots of alone time." she told me and smiled.

She then slowly began to strip. My mood suddenly got better, for that moment, but my controlling mother's actions had definitely changed the way I viewed this upcoming vacation. At that moment a subtle shift happened mentally for me. I began to think about the possibility of a future not in the family business.

I had hoped that in the weeks leading up to the trip to Hawaii my relationship with Brittany would strengthen. So far it hadn'tn. We were all working double time to allow for our time off. Everyone that is except Taylor. During my brief interactions with him, he was relaxed and as easygoing as ever. Long lunches and short days were Taylor's schedule..

Once again I spotted Brittany's car headed toward Redmond one particular day. I assumed she was heading to Fitness Plus, but I thought she said she was working out after work tonight. Huh?

Brittany was focused on getting into bikini shape. I began to notice her physique slowly transforming. She looked good. Unfortunately I wasn't getting to enjoy this new body very often, she was always too busy preparing for Hawaii. In fact I was getting the distinct impression that this vacation was becoming less about Brittany and me, and more just about Brittany.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Tim," Brittany grabbed my arm, "we're boarding. Come on!" She pulled me up.

Walking down the jetway to board, that tickle of uneasiness remained. I couldn't quite identify the source, but somehow I knew something was not quite right.

The flight was uneventful and after the normal bumping around at the airport, getting luggage and rental car, at last we finally arrived at our vacation home for the week. It was spectacular. Tropical landscaping, a gourmet kitchen, a view of the ocean and the aquamarine infinity pool. I kept thinking, if only it was just Brittany and me.

Even under these less than ideal circumstances it was hard to stay depressed in this wonderful tropical environment. Just as my mom said, Brittany's and my room was the nicest. The french doors opened up right on the pool and we were in the far wing, removed from the others and the living areas.

Tired from the travel we all slumped in the different lounge chairs around the pool. My mom made Mai Tai's and we all just sat enjoying the tropical atmosphere and the beautiful ocean views. After several gulps of the tropical drink, Brittany stood up.

"I think I'll get my bathing suit on and cool off," She declared.

That sounded like a good idea, but for the moment I was content sitting and just soaking in the atmosphere.

A few minutes later Brittany strolled out. My eyes nearly popped out of my head.

She was wearing the skimpiest bathing suit I had ever seen. It was red with a minimum amount of material clothing her front and nearly nothing covering her ass. Her top mostly just covered her nipples, but that was about it. She was nearly nude.

Everyone just stared without saying anything. She looked at us all, aware of how she looked.

"I know, it's pretty skimpy," she said, "and I know I can't wear this at the beach. But we're all family, so I thought it would be okay here." She said with a search of approval.

For a moment no one replied.

"You look awesome, Sis," Taylor piped up.

Brittany smiled at that. I was watching Taylor ogle my wife, his sister in law. His look, tinged with lust, bothered me. Once again I thought that this was supposed to be our second honeymoon, not a family vacation. One thing it was hard to miss was Brittany's body. She had finally conquered those last ten or fifteen pounds and she looked great.

Obviously something that Taylor had noticed too.

The following day my mom thought a trip to the Costco in Kona was a good idea. We could stock up on food and drinks for the week. She corralled my dad into going and also asked Taylor and I to go with him..

Now I wasn't excited to drive 45 minutes each way to Costco, but if my dad and Taylor were going, I guess I should go too. My dad said he'd warm up the car and to meet outside the garage.

When I got there it was just my dad and me. We took off.

"Where's Taylor?" I asked.

"He said he wasn't feeling well," my dad replied.

I thought about that. If there ever was a person to evade responsibility it was Taylor. No other way to put it, he was just plain lazy. I wondered when his behavior would be noticed within the family business by someone besides me?

It was nearly noon by the time we returned.

"Oh good," my mom said. "I just came up to get lunch together." She told us.

"Where's Brittany?" I asked.

"They're down at the beach." She said.

"Oh," I said, "is poor Taylor feeling better?"

My mom looked at me, seeing if she could judge how sincere my sympathy was. She paused.

"I think he was jet lagged." She replied. "Here, take this lunch down to the beach for everyone," she said, handing me the cooler.

I found Taylor and Brittany laying side by side on towels, fairly closely. Brittany was wearing a slightly less revealing bikini, but it was still quite small.

I set the cooler down and moved to slide between my asshole brother and my wife.

"Move over Taylor." I told him. "How are you feeling?" I asked with mock concern.

"Doing better, thanks." Taylor replied, not quite sure if I meant it or not.

We spent the afternoon at the beach, hanging out and swimming. Brittany and I went on a walk and chatted. I was desperately trying to find that good vibe between us, but it felt like something was still a bit off. She was in a good mood but I knew Brittany well enough to know it wasn't a great mood. And when you are in Hawaii, there is no excuse not to be in a great mood.

The days in Hawaii slowly unfolded. Normally in the morning we would go sightseeing or explore a new beach. The afternoons were spent hanging out on the beach or around the pool. We went out to a few restaurants but mostly stayed in at night and took advantage of the gourmet kitchen.

One night after everyone had turned in Brittany and I skinny-dipped in the pool. I swam up behind her and groped her big round tits. My erection nestled between the globes of her ass. I kissed her neck and felt her shudder. Water streaming down our bodies we climbed out onto a cushioned chaise lounge. I soon plunged my rigid penis deep inside her.

It was erotic under the canopy of stars to make love to Brittany. The warm, fragrant, tropical air warmed our wet bodies. I heard Brit stifle a shuddering orgasm and I collapsed too. I sensed movement from the far side of the lanai. I had the flicker of the sight of someone silently entering the house. Huh, I thought. I was pretty sure my dad was sound asleep and I couldn't imagine my mother spying on us. That didn't leave many more suspects.

The following afternoon after a morning hike through the humid jungle, Taylor, Brittany and I were relaxing around the pool drinking cold beers. Brittany announced she was going to take a shower. She left her backpack, phone and towel at her side table and retreated into the house.

"Tim, can you grab me a beer?" Taylor asked.

I should've told the lazy asshole to get one himself, but deep set family responses had conditioned me to obey. I went inside to get the beers.

What I didn't see was Taylor messing around with Brittany's iPhone sitting on the side table.

When I returned Taylor had moved his stuff onto my chair so I sat in Brittany's now absent chair. We sat like that for a few minutes and then Brittany's phone began to vibrate an incoming call. Out of habit, I picked it up and looked at the screen.

"Motherfucker," I whispered to myself after seeing who was calling.

"Who is it?" Taylor innocently asked me.

I just shook my head, and he looked at me questioningly.

"Fucking Donovan!" I finally told him.

Taylor shook his head from side to side, seeming disappointed. He then turned, cocked his head and studied me.

"What?" I asked in response to his unspoken question.

He paused, still looking and replied.

"I don't know why you allow that." Taylor said.

I looked back at him, not speaking.

"Tim, my brother," Taylor said, "you've got a hot sexy wife and she's buddies with that pussyhound? Not to mention, they were married, and he has to know all her personal secrets."

He paused and went on.

"I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but in my opinion, that 'friendship' is way too close." Taylor told me.

I sat and thought about what he had said. He was absolutely right. Everything he'd said, I had thought many times before. The problem was any time I brought the subject up with Brittany it led to a big fight. How she is allowed to have her own friends. Didn't I trust her? And finally she does business with Donovan, she needs to communicate with him. Etc.

I needed to have a serious discussion with Brittany about Donovan, but if I did it now, it could quite possibly ruin the last few days of vacation. For the moment I tried to not think about Donovan, but the subject was constantly lingering in the shadows.

The following day was our last full day at Mauna Lani and we wanted to try to get as much beach time as possible. My mom packed the cooler with food and drinks and we, as a group, prepared to walk down to the beach.

Just as we were leaving my phone rang. It was Albert. He was speaking too fast and with his slight accent it was hard to understand. I got him to slow down. He explained that our picky client, the McKenzies, had complained about something that Yimi was doing. That's when Albert got involved.

I knew this would take a while to unravel so I motioned everyone else to head to the beach. I'd figure out this mess and join them afterwards.

Albert told me as much as he knew, and then I called the McKenzies.

I explained that the source of their complaint was because Yimi was complying with the local building code and their deck had to be built in that specific way. At that point Mrs McKenzie, the old bitch, told me that their deck in California wasn't built like that. I tried to explain that building codes can vary. They just weren't getting it.

"Okay," I finally said. "We will refund your money and dismantle the deck. We should be off your property by tomorrow afternoon." I told the McKenzies with finality.

Suddenly they were backpedaling and telling me that, no, everything was probably acceptable. The deck was fine, they just had a few suggestions. And on and on.

I paused a moment before speaking to them.

"Okay, we will finish the project. But from now on, we will do the building, and you can enjoy it once we're done. Are we in agreement?" I asked.

And that finally, was the end of that.

Now forty five minutes later, I was finally able to meet everyone at the beach. As I walked, several different thoughts floated around in my brain. First off, interactions with the client was really Taylor's responsibility. Once again my lazy, carefree brother had shuffled work off on me.

The other thought that would not leave me alone was Donovan, or precisely Brittany and Donovan. Something, even in Hawaii, was slightly off between Brittany and me. And then those odd trips to Redmond without much explanation heightened my suspicions. And of course the phone call yesterday from Donovan. I assumed he knew we were on vacation. It seemed inappropriate.

These were my thoughts as I walked across the warm white sand towards our beach spot.

There weren't many people on the beach this early. My dad was sound asleep on his towel and my mom was buried in a book. I noticed Brittany and Taylor waist deep in the calm ocean a few feet apart talking. I walked that way.

There is one thing about calm water, sound carries across it much stronger than you might think. As I approached my wife and Taylor, I heard a few snippets of their conversation.

"... can't find out.." "... about Donovan... ". ".... divorce me.... ". and then slightly " no Taylor.. can't... Shh, there he is..."

I just stood at the ocean's edge trying to interpret what I'd heard. It sounded like a fairly private conversation and I was sure I had heard Donovan's name mentioned. Brittany waved and started walking toward me on the shore. As she got closer I saw what I interpreted to be a guilty look on her face.

She was overly friendly and affectionate as we laid our towels out at our spot. I quietly asked her what she and Taylor had been talking about. She wouldn't look me in the eyes as she answered.

"Oh, nothing," she quickly replied. "We were just saying how nice this trip has been and how we wish we didn't have to go home tomorrow."

Now I know I couldn't hear everything they were saying, but whatever I had heard had nothing to do with the trip or going home. Brittany was lying to me. That coupled with the distance I had sensed even before the trip had me wondering what was going on. This trip was supposed to reestablish the intimacy between the two of us.

The rest of the day and that evening were uneventful except for one conversation I had with my brother.

"Taylor," I asked, "what were you and Brittany talking about in the ocean today?"

He paused and looked at me for a long moment. Finally he took a deep breath and answered me.

1...34567...9